Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:10:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Izzy Documentary (Approved By Izzy)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy Documentary (Approved By Izzy)  (Read 6989 times)
nyd
« on: March 02, 2007, 02:59:45 AM »

Izzy Stradlin & The Ju Ju Hounds Documentary

Release Date: September 2007
Price: Free To Download

Documentary Outline:

This coming September is the 15 year anniversary for the release of Izzy Stradlin & The Ju Ju Hounds. To mark the occasion I am putting together a "Fan" documentary about the album and why it has stood the test of time. Izzy Stradlin and band members have already given me the 'Ok' to go ahead with this project.

Participating :

Izzy Stradlin (Ju Ju Hounds Singer/Songwriter/Guitarist) - Approval granted. Request for interview awaiting reply
Rick Richards (Ju Ju Hounds Guitarist) - exclusive video interview planned
Jimmy "2Fingers" Ashhurst (Ju Ju Hounds Bassist/Songwriter) - exclusive video interview being filmed march 20th 2007
Charlie "Chalo" Quintana (Ju Ju Hounds Drummer) - Confirming with Izzy that project has been okay'ed and has just been sent a few more details regarding the intentions of the documentary
Eddie Ashworth (Ju Ju Hounds Engineer / Live Guest) - Agreed to participate. Exact Details tbc

Specifications / Details:

Documentary will contain the following:

- Exclusive Interviews w/ Band & Staff
- Ju Ju Hounds Music Videos
- Footage from mutliple dates of Ju Ju Hounds tour
- Archived Interviews w/ the band
- Fan Interviews
- Never Before Heard Ju Ju Hounds Music
- Much more...

- The documentary will be released entirely for free, complete with artwork suitable for home-printing. The documentary will be released in .ISO format meaning you can download it, burn the data to a DVD and watch on any home DVD Player. The DVD will feature flashy animated menus and all the jazz you would expect on a commercial DVD.

- I have been talking to a few international fans recently to discuss the possibility of offering subtitles in multiple languages.

Updates:

3rd March 2007: Video Clip of Ju Ju Hounds Live Posted here

5th March 2007: 2nd Video Clip of Ju Ju Hounds Live Posted here. Contact Details For Charlie Quintana (Ju Ju Hounds Drummer Received)

10th March 2007: New copy of Amsterdam DVD Received. Video/Audio Quality: A

20th March 2007: First Exclusive Video Interview To Be Filmed In Two Days. Interview with Jimmy "2Fingers" Ashhurst being recorded in Glasgow, Scotland.

I'll post more news as and when I have it, including how fans can submit a video...
Will
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 12:34:35 AM by downliner » Logged
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 03:38:21 AM »

That's rocking man. I've been wanting something like this for a long time.

Izzy, the king of cool.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 07:55:08 AM »

great news!!! How cool! really hope you can work it out fine! if you need any help at all, just ask! Smiley

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
nyd
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 09:06:50 AM »

Hey guys,

I have put the following page up at the Izzy site containing most of the information. Thanks for the support:

http://www.chopaway.com/ju_ju.htm

Cheers,
Will
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 03:51:59 PM »

I, for one, am definitely looking forward to this documentary.

This is long overdue.

Izzy's not really much of the interview type, so I'm always looking forward to hearing more about him, however that may be.    ok

I've been thinking of putting a documentary together on Mr. Adler.

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
nyd
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 03:54:01 PM »

As with all great features released these days there is of course "Making Of" footage  Grin Its posted on the front page of the chopaway site.... Its actually just a 1 minute clip of the Ju Ju Hounds from 1993 that I ripped today for people to check out.

Thanks for support guys  peace
hellfirecan
Headliner

My dog dreaming is running...

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 09:54:45 PM »

Looking forward to it

dr. light
Headliner

hola soy el piji

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 03:03:04 AM »

beer beer beer ok

army of darknes is the best movie ever!!!
nyd
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 04:51:58 AM »

I've posted another video clip on the site, and just received confirmation from Rick Richards that he definately wants to participate ~ he will be doing a video interview for the documentary  beer
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 02:49:10 PM »

This sounds so cool!!!!

This definitely has to be done, and hopefully we get some exclusive material.... what about that?

Hope this sees the daylight soon enough!!!!

Rock on with it!!!!  IZZY RULES!!!!!!!!!

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
nyd
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 05:11:07 PM »

This definitely has to be done, and hopefully we get some exclusive material.... what about that?

Hope this sees the daylight soon enough!!!!

It will indeed feature exclusive material, I am in the process of sorting it all out now with individual parties. All of the Ju Ju Hounds seem very keen to participate and want to do video interviews. We are just working out the details now Smiley

I will be asking Izzy to submit a video also, but not until I have got guarantees from Rick, Jimmy and Chalo that they will be submitting video interviews, as opposed to just audio interviews. I hope he will be cool with the idea ~ it would be nice to get all of them on video for the 15 year anniversary.

It will see the daylight in September.... on the anniversary, and not a day before  Tongue

Cheers,
Will
MarioGunner
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 07:09:13 PM »

Hey, that's cool, it's the idea right...

Also you know what? I know it's the Ju Ju Hounds anniversary, but it certainly is a documentary about Izzy Stradlin more than anything else, it would be cool that Rick says something about the latest albums and stuff and it would indeed be cool to know what Taz Bentley and Duff have to say about working with Iz, both of them have been working with him since 117 degrees. I mean, it's going to be hard to get all these guys together again for an interview, maybe something that would include a summary of Izzy's latest work could be introduced in the documentary.... would be lovely for Slash to participate, but that might be a little bit harder... although they are friends... it would be so cool... i suppose maybe they won't mind... ok

you could ask Izzy what he thinks about this, it doesn't have to be a huge production thing to release in dvd, but something that us, the Izzy Stradlin fans can look and get more than amazed and satisfied....   if you can ask him and are willing to, maybe somthing this big could be put together.

Thanx for reading and taking the patience to analize this   ok

You can run like a river

Michael_Stradlin
Headliner

Ju Ju Hound

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 02:09:55 AM »

I hope this documentary will be about Ju Ju Hounds and not abotu Izzy Stradlin. Ju Ju Hounds needs individual attention because of something magical that was in that band and wasn't in any other Izzy's band - later and before...

http://www.izzyontour.com

Ride On Down The Road Like a Dog on Concrete to the River in Miami on Fire with Smoke at 117* as Wave of Heat with Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 02:51:05 AM »

Very Cool.  ok
Great work nyd.  beer

Fuck 'Em All.
nyd
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 04:07:13 AM »

I don't plan on asking Duff, Slash or Taz to participate simply because as Michael says this is a documentary about the Ju Ju Hounds. Unless they have something cool to say about the Ju Ju Hounds I can't see it happening  Tongue

There is something special about the Ju Ju Hounds album ~ it stands alone from the "Izzy Stradlin" albums. Ju Ju Hounds was in no way a solo effort, it was very much a Band and a special one at that. Each member of the band will be given a 'voice' in the documentary, all of them will have a share of screen time to say what they feel  peace
MarioGunner
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 10:26:29 AM »

Yes, it indeed stands alone from his other work, i just thought that it would be cool to have something with more content lasting even more, but I get the point now and will be really looking forward to it, hopefully Izz may release somehing from those days from his vault or something   Cool

Again thank you for the effort

You can run like a river

nyd
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 10:41:36 AM »

hopefully Izz may release somehing from those days from his vault or something   Cool

That would be cool ~ perhaps it could be setup as an official soundtrack to the documentary available through iTunes or something? I wonder if Izzy would go for the idea?... might be more complicated than that though as Jimmy, Rick and Chalo would all need a cut if they helped with the songwriting process. Still it is worth thinking abotu  peace
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2007, 01:42:17 PM »

Izzy, the king of cool.

He is dude, he fucking is yes search for the word "cool" in a dictionary and you'll see a pic of izzy damn it
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2007, 11:12:33 AM »

I remember seeing what looked like a video for "Shuffle It All" on youtube during an old Guns interview where Izzy speaks Cheesy drool

and I think it would be awesome if maybe you could put that on your video seeing as it is fucking awesome and the Ju Ju hounds Smiley

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
nyd
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 12:16:35 AM »

All updates regarding the documentary I will post in the first post of this thread from now on ~ make it a little easier for people to see current status.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: