Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:43:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  .
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 70411 times)
eraser
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2007, 11:30:45 PM »

can't wait to see what he's going to say when the whole album will leak before the release or maybe before any release date !!

rofl
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2007, 11:31:35 PM »

Sigh.? Why does everything about this band have to be so confusing?

I think it's a bit confusing that someone that works for GNR would let an unfinished, unapproved demo to go to HD for a commercial and not think at some point that it could get out.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2007, 11:31:49 PM »

Wow, this is surprising.
We get updates and communication from the band, and some people are still not happy.

Well...I'm happy. ?Like..."ha ha" happy. ?This is probably the funniest update so far.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2007, 11:32:15 PM »

Cool to see we get another article from gnr.com  ok

Nice to have clarification as well.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2007, 11:32:32 PM »

The best part about this update???

That god awful mix of Better, was nothing more than expermental... Thank god!!
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2007, 11:32:52 PM »

They really should hire an established marketing firm to try and do "spin" for them if that is what Dizzy was trying to do. While I love that there was actually communication from a band member to fans, the story needs to be at least somewhat believable.

THere is absolutely no way on God's green earth that a billion dollar corporation was building an ad campaign around an unauthorized demo of an unreleased song that they would have had no access to. No chance, the legal liability they would expose themselves to would be tremendous.

They need to start having professionals do this stuff, because there had to be a "better" excuse they could have come up with than this.
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2007, 11:33:34 PM »

why can't they just admit that the three leaks we got before the tour were intentional.. because they were no where close to releasing an album or single before the tour was over.. so they leaked a few songs so people would know them before they were played live..

I am starting to thing that they were looking for feed back on them. WELL there great!! can we have the album now??? before i hear it all!!!

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2007, 11:33:40 PM »

Wow, this is surprising.
We get updates and communication from the band, and some people are still not happy.

Well...I'm happy.  Like..."ha ha" happy.  This is probably the funniest update so far.

It is kind of, uh-erm, funny......            isn't it, Danny boy???                          rofl
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2007, 11:34:05 PM »

Sigh.  Why does everything about this band have to be so confusing?
nothing is confusing here. They updated their website saying that the demo we're hearnig isn't the finished version and that the leak wasn't intentional. Nothing confusing.  ok

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2007, 11:34:28 PM »

Seriously 2 updates on the big site-  Could this be the beginning of what they call promotion?

uneducated and untaught through posts like this is what cause rumors and crap in the first place.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
eraser
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2007, 11:35:02 PM »

Quote from: Naupis
THere is absolutely no way on God's green earth that a billion dollar corporation was building an ad campaign around an unauthorized demo of an unreleased song that they would have had no access to. No chance, the legal liability they would expose themselves to would be tremendous.

now that is true!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2007, 11:35:20 PM »

Hey, who is Doug Miller?
Anyone know? Doesn't ring a bell with me...
i thought he was a producer ?Undecided right?

can't wait to see what he's going to say when the whole album will leak before the release or maybe before any release date !!

rofl

you dont think that that will discourage Axl from releasing it do you?

Wow, this is surprising. Roll Eyes

i'm happy that we're getting news on this but unhappy that nothink has happened if you know where i'm coming from

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2007, 11:35:51 PM »

They really should hire an established marketing firm to try and do "spin" for them if that is what Dizzy was trying to do. While I love that there was actually communication from a band member to fans, the story needs to be at least somewhat believable.

Before they go out to hire a PR firm I think they should try to hire someone that knows how to operate a label-maker.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2007, 11:37:18 PM »

GN'R should've KNOWN BETTER before they released this.  I like reading up to date happenings within the camp, but we all figured it was un-finished.  I guess they want the general public to know this ISN'T their best, obviously.  I say if they have something better then RELEASE IT!
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2007, 11:38:03 PM »

i wonder why they waited so long to release a statement like this ?

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
eraser
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2007, 11:38:35 PM »

Quote from: CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually
Quote from: eraser

you dont think that that will discourage Axl from releasing it do you?

euh no not at all...

c'mon... axl doesn't care about me! you think he cares about you?

it's gonna leak... all albums leak! this is 2007...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 11:40:28 PM by eraser » Logged
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2007, 11:40:10 PM »

Quote from: Naupis

now that is true!

this article has to be somewhat of a lie then doesn't it?

Their Web site even had a version up for like one day with 'Better,' but the version of 'Better' that they had was an unfinished, unapproved demo. That?s why it was removed. The version that?s getting airplay is that same demo.

I don't buy it, what were they doing with this 'unapproved demo' if GNR gave them the track?
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2007, 11:40:18 PM »

Sigh.? Why does everything about this band have to be so confusing?
nothing is confusing here. They updated their website saying that the demo we're hearnig isn't the finished version and that the leak wasn't intentional. Nothing confusing.? ok

hell we all ready knew that Roll Eyes

Seriously 2 updates on the big site- Could this be the beginning of what they call promotion?

uneducated and untaught through posts like this is what cause rumors and crap in the first place.

what he said Roll Eyes

thats a good point i never thought of that.

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2007, 11:41:02 PM »

Well if they actually would release the album... then people wouldn't have to leak demos and they wouldn't be played on the radio. ?This is a direct result of the time it has taken, and I don't feel sorry for the GNR camp at all. ?It should be a sign(an obvious sign) ?that people are sick of waiting. ?HURRY UP GNR!!!!.......please
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2007, 11:42:34 PM »

im sorry but i gotta figure tha they are doin these so called updates just to create the illusion of transparency, just to keep us happy in case it all goes tits up again. If we dont get THE announcement by the start of the tour, or a single date at least, i think the chances of seein it before mid summer are slim-none.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: