Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:25:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Weiland disses Axl at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weiland disses Axl at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony  (Read 57419 times)
DarkVirus
Opening Act

Here Today...Gone To Heaven!

« Reply #180 on: March 26, 2007, 11:53:16 PM »

Damn right I'm serious, but as I said before I enjoy both groups (GnR past & present) but when it comes to real talent you just cant deny or put down Scott Weiland...he HAS done MORE than Axl has.. ok
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #181 on: March 27, 2007, 02:41:11 AM »

Damn right I'm serious, but as I said before I enjoy both groups (GnR past & present) but when it comes to real talent you just cant deny or put down Scott Weiland...he HAS done MORE than Axl has.. ok

quality over quantity.  I'm not denying Scott is talented and theres some great STP songs, but come on.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #182 on: March 27, 2007, 04:43:08 AM »

you just cant deny or put down Scott Weiland...he HAS done MORE than Axl has..

Like being a worldwide phenomenon? Oh wait, I forgot no one cared about STP outside the US...

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #183 on: March 27, 2007, 05:07:42 AM »

why cant people accept the fact that Scott can sing better than Axl

Why can't people accept that 'fact' ... Hmmm ... Because It's not true ?

Maybe that's why.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #184 on: March 27, 2007, 10:59:02 AM »

i wish this would just get locked now. thanks for showing your true colours some of you - makes me think twice about posting in this section again.
DarkVirus
Opening Act

« Reply #185 on: March 27, 2007, 11:52:10 AM »

Yeah seriously well we are all entitled to our opinions and I have already stated the FACTS..so this debate ..ends....right....about.....here
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #186 on: March 27, 2007, 11:58:27 AM »

Yeah seriously well we are all entitled to our opinions and I have already stated the FACTS..so this debate ..ends....right....about.....here

The facts?

Axl's up there with other legendary frontmen. Robert Plant, Steven Tyler, Mick Jagger etc.

Scott wishes he was.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #187 on: March 27, 2007, 11:59:05 AM »

The facts?

Axl's up there with other legendary frontmen. Robert Plant, Steven Tyler, Mick Jagger etc.

Scott wishes he was.

/jarmo

Can't ignore facts - he speaks the truth
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #188 on: March 27, 2007, 04:07:35 PM »

And what about those of us who can't stand VR, not because of Axl but because we think they blow?
Are we not allowed to express our opinions?

What about you? You're the same people who wonder "Why do people come to the GN'R section just to bash Axl in every thread?".... It's lame either way, regardless of which band the board is for.

Oh wait, I forgot no one cared about STP outside the US...

Once more for those of us who missed it, was STP popular outside of the US?   Roll Eyes
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2007, 04:26:21 PM »

Once more for those of us who missed it, was STP popular outside of the US?? ?Roll Eyes

they were popular in canada Wink

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2007, 05:23:59 PM »

Once more for those of us who missed it, was STP popular outside of the US?   Roll Eyes

they were popular in canada Wink

Were they a world wide phenomenon like Nirvana or Pearl Jam? No....

I've said it before, they were like Bush (the band). Huge in North America, pretty unknown in Europe.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2007, 06:53:35 PM »

Were they a world wide phenomenon like Nirvana or Pearl Jam? No....

I've said it before, they were like Bush (the band). Huge in North America, pretty unknown in Europe.

/jarmo

We're aware of that... but does it really matter?  Everyone is so quick to jump all over D when he mentions how worldwide and enduring Bon Jovi is ("Britney Spears is a worldwide pop-star too, that doesn't mean anything!"), but they use the same argument to defend GN'R when compared to STP.  It's just a repetitive argument that gets brought to the VR section, which I don't understand because it's brought by the same people who say that the "whiners" in the GN'R section sound like a broken record.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2007, 06:57:38 PM »

Well, as you can see, this guy came to a GN'R board to post his "facts" about how great Scott Weiland and STP are.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=44189.msg903706#msg903706

Makes no sense to me.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2007, 07:01:20 PM »

I love STP and VR and I do like Scott but Jarmo is right, Seriously Scott is like a B level frontman whereas Axl is a top 10 all time frontman.

If uhad a list of the top 50 frontman

Axl would be no worse then top 10? Scott would be lucky to crack the top 50.

that being said, I don't mind what Scott said, I have always enjoyed feuds plus Axl has the power to shut everybody up and its up to him to do so.

Its not the fans place to fight for Axl, its his place to release the album and shut everyone up.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
DarkVirus
Opening Act

« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2007, 07:09:16 PM »

Well, as you can see, this guy came to a GN'R board to post his "facts" about how great Scott Weiland and STP are.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=44189.msg903706#msg903706

Makes no sense to me.

/jarmo

Why doesnt it make sense Jarmo? Ive stated that I am a fan of both groups...and after all this is the VR section...not the VR BASHING..section..Ive stated my personal opinions and thats that...there are people that agree with me and there are people that dont, its funny how someone who mentions how great VR,STP and Scott and at the same time shows respect for Axl and the new guns is considered a fool or "Anti-Axl"
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2007, 07:18:56 PM »

there are people that agree with me and there are people that dont, its funny how someone who mentions how great VR,STP and Scott and at the same time shows respect for Axl and the new guns is considered a fool or "Anti-Axl"

if you really believe what you are saying you are a fool.

and its not showing respect for Axl or Guns to come to a GNR board and make the ridiculous statements you are making.  Roll Eyes
DarkVirus
Opening Act

« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2007, 07:23:03 PM »

there are people that agree with me and there are people that dont, its funny how someone who mentions how great VR,STP and Scott and at the same time shows respect for Axl and the new guns is considered a fool or "Anti-Axl"

if you really believe what you are saying you are a fool.

and its not showing respect for Axl or Guns to come to a GNR board and make the ridiculous statements you are making.? Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes...*sigh* again Ive stated my opinions on the VR SECTION of the board while at the same time saying I enjoy all the bands....this really should end...right about.....here
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2007, 07:38:42 PM »

Makes no sense to me.

I'm not defending what he said at all.  I saw him call it a "fact" and think it's ridiculous... I was making a different point, it just happened to come up after his posts.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #198 on: March 28, 2007, 07:51:02 AM »

The facts?

/jarmo

That is a bit of a stretch... Axl had his heyday but he doesn't hold a candle to the rock royalty you just named... 

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #199 on: March 28, 2007, 07:58:43 AM »

I think he is. Voice, stage presence, knowing how to work a crowd, moves, temper ... He's got all of it.

In any classement or article by rock/music magazines about great vocalists, he always on the top 3/5/10 yes

He had his heyday ? Yeah, sure Roll Eyes Like it's over now.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: