Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:32:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Immigrant: I can't believe this band hasn't been signed yet!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Immigrant: I can't believe this band hasn't been signed yet!  (Read 2290 times)
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: March 16, 2007, 03:30:24 AM »

They're currently opening for Muse and I'm rather surprised these guys haven't been signed to a label yet.? Do yourself a favor and check them out.? However, be sure to listen to the songs all the way through, before passing judgment on them.? You never know... you might actually like them.

Immigrant: http://www.myspace.com/immigrantmusic

W.R.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 03:55:11 AM »

I listened to the first song, and I think it was a bit boring and unmusical. Just a whole minute of banging the same drum. I nver really liked muse, so that might play a factor. And their myspace background reminds me of Panic at the soddin disco for some reason.  Undecided

The best unsigned band I've heard this year is Crash Midnight ( www.myspace.com/crashmidnight ). Now they rock!
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 04:02:34 PM »

I listened to the first song, and I think it was a bit boring and unmusical. Just a whole minute of banging the same drum. I nver really liked muse, so that might play a factor

Try giving the first song another listen, but pay close attention to the chorus.? The choruses on all four songs are where the "hooks" are located.? However, if the first song doesn't do anything for you, then try some of the others.? I think you might find something you'll like... but then again, maybe not... it's all subjective.

Also, I don't feel that one need be a Muse fan in order to appreciate this band.? After listening to all four songs repeatedly, I'm actually getting more of a Queens of the Stone Age (mixed with Coldplay) vibe from them myself... but then again... maybe that's just me.?

Cheers,
W.R.?
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 09:04:07 AM »

If they're opening for muse and aren't signed they're probably in some sort of development deal.
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 12:19:48 AM »

If they're opening for muse and aren't signed they're probably in some sort of development deal.

Yeah, I was beginning to think the same thing myself. However, I caught their opening set for Muse the other night and I now know for a fact they haven't been signed yet and they aren't in any sort of development deal.? They're not even being courted by any labels at the moment!!? Shocked

I was also beginning to think that maybe they weren't a good live act. However, they put on a great performance and sounded perfect the other night... go figure.? ?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: