Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:16:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 230753 times)
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #2720 on: February 28, 2007, 12:38:22 AM »

Wasn't Better a recent song, which was made after Buckethead left the band?

I'm quite sure it's not that recent. Especially since if I remember correctly, Ron wasn't in the band when the first leaks occurred, and there are parts in better that really don't sound like either Robin or Richard.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #2721 on: February 28, 2007, 01:07:46 PM »

The song Better can make or break Guns.

My girlfriend for instance - who has both AFD and the illusions in her CD collection - absolutely hates the song. She likes the Blues and IRS on the other hand.

And funny as it is, the only bandmember she likes is Bumblefoot (not Axl anymore). Loves the Don't Cry solo.

This made me think about Guns and their 'new direction'. A lot of Guns fans are more contemporary rock fans. People who like the older stuff and don't like most new rock bands. If Guns move in a new direction and start sounding more modern, they might lose more fans than they want.

I'm somewhere in the middle, but I have to say Better also isn't my favourite. There is stuff I like about it (the lyrics, the guitars) and stuff I don't like (the high pitched start and end, the "now I know you better, you know I know better" part).

I'd go for something more straight forward like IRS or something epic like Madagascar for the single.

I think BBF is the only new guy that could fit in with the fmr famous version of the band.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #2722 on: February 28, 2007, 01:11:38 PM »

Thanks Saul.

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2723 on: February 28, 2007, 03:40:07 PM »

What I meant was that I could hear another voice in the distance of axls dominating one there.
like Nytunz said the growl rings rather atypical of axl. Maybe the point was where the other voice, robins or otherwise overlapped axls. That would make sense as the song later goes 'Now we all know better!". such are the impression I had.
Listen to I Don't Care About You. That's Axl singin, but rather atypical indeed. Smiley

Axl is included in 'or otherwise'.

So basically the better fans are divided into two kinds of people.. those who hear whosever backing vocals behind axls and those who don't. When it get released, one of the two must get better speakers or headphones or go to hell.  hihi
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #2724 on: March 13, 2007, 04:28:51 PM »

Right, so I just listened to this new leak of Better through proper Stereo speakers, not crappy laptop speakers.

Sounds completely different. I thought the guitars were extremely loud on the mix on the laptop, and it isn't the case on these speakers. This leak sounds pretty god damn good in my view (although Finck's bridge after Pittman's claim to fame in this song is a little muted)
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2725 on: March 16, 2007, 05:03:56 PM »

I personally like the 1st leaked version the best.  The newest mix is garbage, really low quality, totally butchers a great song IMP...too bad it came out, I really hope the finshed version resembles the orignal leak, anyone else agree?
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2726 on: March 16, 2007, 05:07:15 PM »

"The previous leaks from the mythical beast that is Chinese Democracy were underwhelming, but the fact that 'Better' is, by all accounts, the true, bona fide First Single raised hopes -- that are dashed the moment you hear the no-longer-nu-metal sheen, patently designed to drain the song of any character. At this point, no one expected 'Rocket Queen,' but we would have settled for 'In the Garden.' The biggest fear surrounding Axl's opus is that its elusiveness will ultimately be the only interesting thing about it -- 'Better' does nothing to allay that fear. Fourteen more years!" -- Spin Deputy Editor Steve Kandell

This guy likes the new version better thats all i need to know to hate the new version.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #2727 on: March 16, 2007, 05:10:06 PM »

"In The Garden", huh?  Guess I've never heard that GNR song.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
rubinho.ma
« Reply #2728 on: March 16, 2007, 05:14:43 PM »

"The previous leaks from the mythical beast that is Chinese Democracy were underwhelming, but the fact that 'Better' is, by all accounts, the true, bona fide First Single raised hopes -- that are dashed the moment you hear the no-longer-nu-metal sheen, patently designed to drain the song of any character. At this point, no one expected 'Rocket Queen,' but we would have settled for 'In the Garden.' The biggest fear surrounding Axl's opus is that its elusiveness will ultimately be the only interesting thing about it -- 'Better' does nothing to allay that fear. Fourteen more years!" -- Spin Deputy Editor Steve Kandell

This guy likes the new version better thats all i need to know to hate the new version.

It's funny to remember that someone here said Better was hard rock... I have nothing against this song and also like it more with heavier guitars, but it's truly nu metal or more like industrial rock than any other style.
rubinho.ma
« Reply #2729 on: March 16, 2007, 05:17:58 PM »

"In The Garden", huh?? Guess I've never heard that GNR song.

It would be so cool if at least those stupid journalists try learn the songs' names...  drool
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #2730 on: March 16, 2007, 05:24:59 PM »

My favorite GNR song is COLD NOVEMBER RAIN.  I also like LOST IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN and GENUINE BAD APPLES.  I'm really looking forward to CALL THE I.R.S.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2731 on: March 16, 2007, 05:25:11 PM »

The 2006 leak is the best version of Better so far. The 2007 leak was utter pants  hihi
rubinho.ma
« Reply #2732 on: March 16, 2007, 05:29:48 PM »

My favorite GNR song is COLD NOVEMBER RAIN.? I also like LOST IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN and GENUINE BAD APPLES.? I'm really looking forward to CALL THE I.R.S.

Oh yes! My favourite ones are I DON'T NEED YOUR CIVIL WAR, DON'T YOU CRY TONIGHT and JUST A LITTLE PATIENCE.  Grin
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #2733 on: March 16, 2007, 05:35:07 PM »

You all sound like a bunch of DOUBLE TALKING JIVE MOTHERFUCKERS to me!!!     rofl
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #2734 on: March 16, 2007, 05:37:25 PM »

why do you think this latest version is crap Huh

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2735 on: March 16, 2007, 05:37:33 PM »

My favorite GNR song is COLD NOVEMBER RAIN.? I also like LOST IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN and GENUINE BAD APPLES.? I'm really looking forward to CALL THE I.R.S.

Oh yes! My favourite ones are I DON'T NEED YOUR CIVIL WAR, DON'T YOU CRY TONIGHT and JUST A LITTLE PATIENCE.? Grin

Also, Yesterdays got nothing for me, I used to lover her but had to kill her she's buried right in my back yard
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2736 on: March 16, 2007, 10:08:12 PM »

in the new version fincks solo sounds kick ass and the oh no part right before the last verse sounds great.      drool

but i do hope they fix up the middle part more like the first leak ok

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #2737 on: March 18, 2007, 02:38:53 PM »

I was getting the kids loaded up in the family car for a trip to the mall...turn the radio on......it was just a few seconds into Better!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, I know it's been played 100's of times, if not thousands of times across the country, but it felt greeeeeaaaaaaaaat!!!  I cranked it up and sang along in my horrible singing voice, but I had a great time.   love  love  love

It was around 11:45 am on WYSP 94.1 Philadelphia.   yes

It sounded so fucking sweet!!!!!!

Unfortunately there was no talk afterwards...just a drug awareness commercial followed by more commercials.  I'm just happy I fucking heard it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   beer   Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #2738 on: March 18, 2007, 05:14:02 PM »

The new version of Better is honestly among my favorite rock songs. Really not much has changed, and what they did change was good.

Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #2739 on: March 18, 2007, 05:15:34 PM »

Way too much synth for my liking. Guitars were too low in the mix.

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: