Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:58:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Seecond pressing of "Like A Dog" - who wants one?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seecond pressing of "Like A Dog" - who wants one?  (Read 4025 times)
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« on: March 12, 2007, 12:53:48 PM »

It seems as though scootersteez is sold out of the first pressing of Like A Dog. In the original thread for the CD - it was noted that if there was demand for a second pressing, that one would be made available. The album is available on iTunes, but its not the same. If Izzy did make a second pressing - who would buy one?  peace

Count me in!

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 03:36:37 PM »

Fucking A right I would !     yes

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 04:40:37 PM »

The album is available on iTunes, but its not the same.

not the same? you mean, not the same to have a digital copy? or really a different cd?!

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 04:52:13 PM »

The album is available on iTunes, but its not the same.

not the same? you mean, not the same to have a digital copy? or really a different cd?!

I'm pretty sure he is just expressing that nothing's like owning the original CD.
There is no audible difference between Itunes and the original pressing if that is what you are asking.

600 posts !     ok

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
nyd
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 08:19:48 PM »

May I ask how do you know the first pressing has sold out? I know Scooters Place is no longer running the promotion but Izzy has not mentioned anything to me or Markus that it has actually Sold Out. I believe Izzy wants to concentrate on iTunes for his releases now.

Also when Izzy first mentioned "pressing more copies" to me I believe he meant he would press more copies if the CD was in high demand ~ We haven't even had confirmation that the first batch sold out after one year. I don't consider this high demand, he has probably sold more copies through iTunes in a month.

You have all had plenty of time to buy the CD ~ funny how everyone wants one now they can't get a copy. Because you assume it's sold out it is suddenly rare and people must have it on CD all of a sudden?
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 12:05:41 AM »

May I ask how do you know the first pressing has sold out? I know Scooters Place is no longer running the promotion but Izzy has not mentioned anything to me or Markus that it has actually Sold Out. I believe Izzy wants to concentrate on iTunes for his releases now.

Also when Izzy first mentioned "pressing more copies" to me I believe he meant he would press more copies if the CD was in high demand ~ We haven't even had confirmation that the first batch sold out after one year. I don't consider this high demand, he has probably sold more copies through iTunes in a month.

You have all had plenty of time to buy the CD ~ funny how everyone wants one now they can't get a copy. Because you assume it's sold out it is suddenly rare and people must have it on CD all of a sudden?

I thought that Scooter's was the only place to buy it? I e-mailed them asking if they had any more copies, but I haven't heard back yet.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 02:45:51 PM »

^ The actual cd yeah, but the mp3s are available on iTunes, same songs..

Like downliner stated Izzy seems to focus more on iTunes, which is a good thing because the chances of him dumping material on iTunes are bigger then him getting a record label deal.
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 02:51:46 PM »

^ The actual cd yeah, but the mp3s are available on iTunes, same songs..

Like downliner stated Izzy seems to focus more on iTunes, which is a good thing because the chances of him dumping material on iTunes are bigger then him getting a record label deal.

I agree w/ you, but it is sad that Izzy would have any problem at all getting a record deal.

Damn the injustice !   Izzy owns !!

*bba*

IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 02:54:50 PM »

Well a label doesn't exactly make much profit of someone who doesn't tour and refuses to do any promo for the album so it's kinda understandable Tongue But it's a shame it's not easy to get..
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 03:12:23 PM »

Well a label doesn't exactly make much profit of someone who doesn't tour and refuses to do any promo for the album so it's kinda understandable Tongue But it's a shame it's not easy to get..

Again, I wasn't disagreeing w/ you.

I'm just saying it's a shame for such a talent to be unnoticed because of his uninterest in PR (or whatever you wish to call it).

But again, I agree. It is a shame.

*bba*

luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 11:54:40 PM »

I'd buy TWO copies!

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 01:47:05 AM »

Fuck that, I ain't buying a copy!

Then again, I got one the first time around...  Grin

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
hellfirecan
Headliner

My dog dreaming is running...

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 09:56:29 AM »

Yeah it was available for over a year...to slow guys

Glad I got my copy when I did.  Great album by the way.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: