Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:27:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Izzy talks about iTunes
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy talks about iTunes  (Read 3326 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« on: March 18, 2007, 09:26:11 AM »

While theoretically anyone could?for a few dollars?take some of their own songs and sell them on iTunes, they?d have some fairly high-profile company. Artists like Ziggy Marley, Kelly Shoes, and Guns ?N Roses guitarist Izzy Stradlin all have music online through TuneCore.

?I?ve done licensing deals in Japan and Europe, but I?ve never been able to get my music out globally so everyone could get it,? Stradlin said. ?When I got in touch with Jeff [Price], it was literally two weeks and my stuff was up?that?s 10 years of work.?

After years with Guns ?N Roses, Stradlin is all too familiar with the music industry and how things are changing now. Back in the day, a new Guns ?N Roses album would be an instant hit, but systems like TuneCore give artists a way to get their own music out there as well.

?With G?n R I would be onstage in front of 20,000 or 30,000 people playing our songs, but at the same time I would have this piece of work that I?m just dying to get out. This is a way for me to get the music out there ? there are zero people between me, my music and the fans,? Stradlin said."

Izzy Stradlin says he will continue to put his music online through TuneCore for future albums.

?It was so simple,? he said. ?I kept waiting for the catch, but there was no catch.?

Source: http://playlistmag.com/news/2007/03/15/tunecore/index.php
hellfirecan
Headliner

My dog dreaming is running...

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 09:49:20 AM »

Well I am looking forward to hearing something new from Izzy...would love it to be on CD format though, but beggars can't be choosers.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: