Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 09:42:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The reason we're waiting....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The reason we're waiting....  (Read 43877 times)
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2007, 12:46:02 AM »

It's just like Axl said in an interview in '02 ("We're not a group of guys that just met at a bar"). If he'd have gone out and got a bunch of regular guys, chances are they probably couldn't reach Axl's vision. I think a lot has to do with how Axl gels with each of these guy's souls and personalities, so he had to search and search until he found the right group of guys. Perhaps is all of these guys had fallen into place earlier, we wouldn't be waiting, but you just gotta wait for the right time for things and Axl didn't want to risk blowing it. I have all the trust in the world and you all should to. Axl, after all these years, has gathered possibly one of the best lineups in rock history and I can't wait to hear what they've come up with. Have faith...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2007, 01:03:23 AM »

This is just another BS excuse people tell themselves to take the blame off Axl for the album not being out.

Chemistry doesn't take decades to build. It's not something you can manufacture in a studio, it's either there or it isn't.

If Axl is trying to build something that lives up to the old band, then we're never going to see this album. It's never going to happen, and if he wanted that why not just bring the original band back? New music means he should move into the future. Constantly trying to "rebuild" what already was (which I believe was his quote to Kurt Loder) will NEVER EVER EVER happen because you just can't rebuild something like that. That kind of magic just "happens".
AxlNow
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2007, 05:00:16 AM »

Two, three and four years ago there was NOTHING! Nobody knew if they would even hear from Axl again. Then last year we all got a very pleasant surprise. There will be more surprises to come. Just hang tight. Frustration is understandable. You guys have a right to be pissed. But the band has every intention to make it up to you. Enjoy the concerts and let's rock the mother fucking house!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2007, 06:25:33 AM »

And for the record, since you clearly don't understand, why people say its the same is because of a track record, the history of this band. This point has been made several times but YOU and some others refuse to accept it.

You whiners keep fucking whining about there not being any news and how it's the same as in 2001, but when there's actual news you refuse to believe it.

Of course everything is the same when you disregard actual news.

No wonder you're so bitter all the time.

Keep mentioning the "track record". Maybe you can look up in that track record if there's a mention of the recording being done. Get back to me when you find it.

By that logic, you could say many things are the same. Just ignore the news you see on TV or read about in the papers.

Live in your little bubble where nothing  has changed.  ok

Once again, another example of somebody who refuses to think. Instead you try insulting me.

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2007, 06:33:17 AM »

Keep mentioning the "track record". Maybe you can look up in that track record if there's a mention of the recording being done. Get back to me when you find it.

nope, but I think I can come up with a number of articles that said "music 90% finished, vocals 80% done" (or something like that), ever since '99.

it's like the kid who cried woolf to many times... you'd still doubt him even if he started yelling "bear".
nothing changed.

personally, I think this is the year, and I guess the album would come either june (19th Cheesy) or november...
but I can undestand why some people might be bitter.
on the other hand i dont undestand how some others can have so much blind faith.

and if album accidently doesnt come out this year(god forbid), I can still see the same people still preaching, and calling guys haters for no reason.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2007, 06:50:05 AM »

nope, but I think I can come up with a number of articles that said "music 90% finished, vocals 80% done" (or something like that), ever since '99.

I know you can. But how is "almost done" or "90% done" the same as finished?

On the other hand, Axl said this in January 2006: "We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done"

Many people here still talk about them working on just one album.

Now, imagine if the average song is about three minutes long. 3 x 32 = 96. You can't fit that one one cd.......  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2007, 07:15:11 AM »

On the other hand, Axl said this in January 2006: "We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done"

Now, imagine if the average song is about three minutes long. 3 x 32 = 96. You can't fit that one one cd.......  hihi

/jarmo

will CD be a double album? or released as 2 separate albums at the same time or over time  peace
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2007, 07:47:37 AM »

One of the best posts I've ever read in a GNR forum. Brilliant, and I agree 100%

I specially agree with what you say about Robin. Axl Rose did something impossible: he succeded on rebuilding completely a mythical band like Guns without losing that myth and without losing the ''big league band'' status. And even more: he found , if there was one in the world, the right replacement for a heavyweight guiitarist like Slash. Robin not only replaced Slash properly, he also gave some things to the band that I've never seen in Slash. He's skillful, but he is incredibly charismatic, cool and he has tons of attitude onstage. You know... his face doesn't lie... he's happy of being a GNR member, he enjoys playing live and that feelings are transmited to the fans/audiences.

Musically, Axl found right replacements for everyone. And more, because if we exclude nostalgic arguments/excuses, this band sounds better than the old lineups, and we can smell in the air (considering the leaked songs and how the band sounds in the live shows) that the musical direction that this current lineup is taking is much more complex, open minded and risky.

I do not have an album to strengthen my thoughts. But I just know it. That's why I can wait all that is necesary for the album. I dont consider myself in the conditions of ''demanding'' an album. I prefer to wait, and in the meantime, I have lots of bootlegs to watch and hear, because the world is full of fast-cheap-crap music and bands that release one shity album after another. GNR gave me some scraps of music in 2006 and Im still amazed and shocked. 4 leaked-unfinished tracks in 128 kbps quality and I cant listen to any other music. What is yet to come will be better, so... why ''demanding''? Why not being a little grateful?

Axl Rose is the one that made it possible. He wrote all the songs we fell in love with. Let him and his band, Guns N' Roses, decide when the album needs to be released. I dont think this can be hard...

Another brilliant post. It's pretty funny how the only well thought-out and intelligent posts around here are written by Axl supporters. For all you worthless piece of shit haters who talk about how Axl is too "insecure" to release the album, fuck off, the band doesn't need your support.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2007, 07:53:57 AM »

he has me convinced. but I understand if some people still have their doubts. even if the recording is done, they can still be afraid that the mixing might drag on.
I'm also a little bit paranoid when it comes to this tour, since it might take away time from Axl being involved into the mixing process...

/jarmo

yeah, that's great, but it's 3 album wort of material, not necessarily 3 albums.
and I guess only the 13 that are slated for CD are actually done.
I cant see Axl, the perfectionist that he is, finishing all 32 songs, releasing the 13 on CD and leaving the other 19 alone...
he'll probably tinker again with those (which is not a bad thing).

but I guess this is the 1st time u and I actually agreed on something ok
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 07:58:04 AM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2007, 07:58:11 AM »

There are some well reasoned posts on this thread. ?

I personally doubt there is any one single reason for the time taken to finish this album; forming of the band and getting the right group together, the desire for "perfectionism" in all aspects of the CD, outstanding legal issues, and other unknown reasons (e.g. possibly some of the factors why 2002 tour was cancelled) have probably all contributed...

At the end of the day very few people know the whole story, it's just guess work and surmising. ?I am sure the CD or the whole saga behind it will be come out sometime, though I wouldn't necessarily say soon is the word
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2007, 08:08:34 AM »

if Axl writes a book, I bet it would sell better than CD.
people are more interested into "what the fuck was going on" than in the actual music.
it's like a soap opera.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2007, 03:12:24 PM »

And for the record, since you clearly don't understand, why people say its the same is because of a track record, the history of this band. This point has been made several times but YOU and some others refuse to accept it.

You whiners keep fucking whining about there not being any news and how it's the same as in 2001, but when there's actual news you refuse to believe it.

Of course everything is the same when you disregard actual news.

No wonder you're so bitter all the time.

By that logic, you could say many things are the same. Just ignore the news you see on TV or read about in the papers.

Live in your little bubble where nothing? has changed.? ok

Once again, another example of somebody who refuses to think. Instead you try insulting me.

hihi

/jarmo

I wasn't insulting you. People take things wayyyyyy too personal. I'd have no problem with anything in the GNR world right now if it weren't for the snottyness of you and others who jump on anyone who aren't completely in love with everything Axl does. That's what's driving people away. He's like the Wicker Man around here. I might be a "whiner" but I'm not going be Axl's lapdog. A lot of the negativity is caused by FANS around here more than the band. If you say, or suggest, one thing that you wish the band would or wouldn't do, or voice an opinion of something you don't like, you're instantly slapped with one of the many witty titles you guys have for anyone who speaks their mind. Its called an opinion and everyone has one and should be able to express it. If you keep getting called negative or a whiner, that's exactly what you're going to get. That is a legit observation, not an insult... I can't say the same about the "supporters" posts around here, though.

So everything you hear on TV, or read in a magazine is real, huh? Just believe what your told? Don't question or criticize? Riiiight? ?Roll Eyes Boy, George Dubya would love you, man.

And everyone has a trackrecord.

I think we both have our bubbles, even though mine was made up by you, but I don't want you to feel lonely ok

I'm not disregarding real news, I'm holding out a bit of healthy skepticism. And that doesn't make me any less of a fan, or make me a "hater".
 peace

« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 03:22:25 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
yourfinalanswer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2007, 04:10:04 PM »

Been telling everyone all along - this most likely isn't ging to be a single CD of 13 tracks.  I would imagine a minimum of a double-album if not a 3-Cd set.  Whether it will be sold sold seperately or packaged as one set is anyone's guess, but i would bet 2-3 CD's. 
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2007, 04:17:45 PM »

Been telling everyone all along - this most likely isn't ging to be a single CD of 13 tracks.  I would imagine a minimum of a double-album if not a 3-Cd set.  Whether it will be sold sold seperately or packaged as one set is anyone's guess, but i would bet 2-3 CD's. 

That's very highly unlikely for a number of reasons.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
yourfinalanswer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2007, 04:20:07 PM »

Been telling everyone all along - this most likely isn't ging to be a single CD of 13 tracks.? I would imagine a minimum of a double-album if not a 3-Cd set.? Whether it will be sold sold seperately or packaged as one set is anyone's guess, but i would bet 2-3 CD's.?

Really???  LOL  I gotta hear this...start listing the reasons.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2007, 04:21:41 PM »

Been telling everyone all along - this most likely isn't ging to be a single CD of 13 tracks.? I would imagine a minimum of a double-album if not a 3-Cd set.? Whether it will be sold sold seperately or packaged as one set is anyone's guess, but i would bet 2-3 CD's.?

Really?Huh LOL? I gotta hear this...start listing the reasons.

Axl said so

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2007, 04:25:19 PM »

Axl says a lot of different things so I wouldn't use a year old quote to say how many tracks are gonna be on the album.
The last time he said 13 tracks, there were many numbers before that, I guess we'll have to wait...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2007, 04:26:41 PM »

I'd have no problem with anything in the GNR world right now if it weren't for the snottyness of you and others who jump on anyone who aren't completely in love with everything Axl does.

Boo-fucking-hoo.

The problem is that you're not "in love" with anything about the band. Or at least you won't post about it if you are.

So you stick to the old "whine, bitch, moan and repeat" routine.

So everything you hear on TV, or read in a magazine is real, huh? Just believe what your told? Don't question or criticize? Riiiight   Roll Eyes

No, but you don't seem to believe anything unless it's something negative.

People like you are often criticizing and questioning what the band says while believing what people who weren't present say.

I'm not disregarding real news, I'm holding out a bit of healthy skepticism. And that doesn't make me any less of a fan, or make me a "hater".
 peace

Yes you are. You and others who say it's the same as in 2001 are disregarding the news that the recording of the album has been finished.

What the fuck is real news? If it's on GN'R's official site it's not real?

Axl says a lot of different things so I wouldn't use a year old quote to say how many tracks are gonna be on the album.
The last time he said 13 tracks, there were many numbers before that, I guess we'll have to wait...

Yeah, we don't know how many tracks are on the album, but it's funny how all these people who keep complaining are disregarding all kinds of interesting information.

/jarmo

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2007, 04:28:31 PM »

The number of tracks may differ, but hardly in the sense that it becomes a second or third disc.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2007, 04:29:37 PM »

Really?Huh LOL? I gotta hear this...start listing the reasons.

Axl said so

Why are you even here? You seem depressingly bitter with your negativity in every post.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: