Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 10:07:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227825 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Sarah Connor Chronicles Terminator Spin Off
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Terminator Spin Off  (Read 82260 times)
anythinggoes
« on: March 24, 2007, 08:16:43 AM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0851851/

Set in the Aftermath of T2 following what happened to Sarah

Any views opinions

Mine

1) Linda Hamilton is Sarah Connor you cant replace her

2) How good can it be without any Terminators

I think it will be crap but i hope they can prove me wrong
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 11:03:59 AM »

First Rise of The Machines sucked, and now they're trying to kill the series even further with this garbage? My God!

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 11:43:07 AM »

First Rise of The Machines sucked, and now they're trying to kill the series even further with this garbage? My God!

i didnt think Rise of the Machines was that bad. i liked it. sure T:2 is a million times better and was a good ending to the series, but i thought T:3 was entertaining. i just dont like how they made it so that judgment day was invetible.

anyway i'm? huge terminator fan but this sounds dumb. very very dumb.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 11:46:29 AM »

She didnt do T3, why would she do this??
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 12:13:14 PM »

FUCK THIS! Angry
anythinggoes
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 12:13:30 PM »

but Sarah wasnt in T3

my point is that you cant have someone else playing Sarah it is not right

« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 12:16:12 PM by anythinggoes » Logged
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 12:14:34 PM »

Yeah the last brat to have a go at John Conner made a complete mess of it.  Why bother?  Oh, money...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 12:22:03 PM »

that's not what he said Roll Eyes
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 02:04:10 PM »

first off in T:3 Sarah was killed off to luekemia when they went to get weapons from her "supposed" grave site.

sencond T:3 KICKED ASS rant

third when/where will this apear?
Smiley

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 02:07:54 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0851851/

Set in the Aftermath of T2 following what happened to Sarah

Any views opinions

Mine

2) How good can it be without any Terminators

I think it will be crap but i hope they can prove me wrong

wouldnt it have made far more sense for it to be set after T1 and follow her paramilitary training...these Hollywood types.....

Cant see the point of making this at all...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 02:22:37 PM »

T3 was putrid.  A horrible movie that was poorly plotted and basically was nothing more than one long action sequence.  The absolute only thing that saved that movie was Kristina Lokken.  Dear god she could Terminate me anyday.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 04:24:53 PM »

that's not what he said Roll Eyes

I didnt realize they had already cast someone... But I do agree.. Its gonna be crap on that fact alone
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 04:51:00 PM »

what ever happened to T4 with The Rock coming out?
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 04:52:01 PM »

Lena Headey has nice boobs

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 05:30:11 PM »

Without Linda Hamilton, i spit on it, tread on it and wipe my bum with the film script..

Nothing to say
Elrothiel
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 06:27:09 PM »

Lena Headey has nice boobs

She can't act very well though. In 300 she was CRAP as the Queen... the only good scene of hers was when she spat in Theron's eye and stabbed him. If she plays Sarah Connor... I'll go kick the casting director in the nuts. Repeatedly.

Linda Hamilton or the chick who played Anna Lucia in Lost. She'd be good. Least she can act good, and she's pretty damn hot as well.

Either way though... this is a shit idea. T3 was SHIT and was just like a bad fanfiction made into a movie. The guy who played John Connor was SHIT and isn't very easy on the eyes either.
Just have T4, and end it there...

Then they'll probably come up with a Terminator/Predator crossover.
Who'd win?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 08:05:17 PM »

i thought T:3 was entertaining. i just dont like how they made it so that judgment day was invetible.

Well... If judgment day never happened, then John Connor could never send his father back in time to be his father and he wouldn't exist... which means he wouldn't have prevented judgment day in the first place?.... Right?.... So it is inevitable  hihi
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2007, 10:20:40 PM »

what ever happened to T4 with The Rock coming out?

ya know i heard something the other day saying that they are making a T:4 and its suppost to be out in '08........but i didn't know it was gonna have THE ROCK in it Cheesy

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 12:29:46 AM »

T3 was putrid.  A horrible movie that was poorly plotted and basically was nothing more than one long action sequence.  The absolute only thing that saved that movie was Kristina Lokken.  Dear god she could Terminate me anyday.

Now, now. T3 actually did a good enough job in picking up the Terminator mythos where Jim Cameron had left it. The problem for me wasn't actually in the plotting itself - which is fairly well-paced and works its way around several problems along the way. I particulary liked the fact that the T-800 had this certain relationship to the future John Connor. What the filmmakers failed to capture, though, was the human element. In the first film, Arnold was an unstoppable, distant killing machine; the central point is Sarah Connor's coming to age, her rise to the challenge of mothering a child, as well as to stand up for herself. T2 is still heavily a Sarah Connor story; now, as a single mother burned by life, she ultimately forges a relationship with John's least expected stepfather, the Terminator. John's arc is also strongly represented, as he becomes the central part of this strange nuclear (pun unintended) family. T3 didn't have that. Kate Brewster is almost immediately declared as the First Lady after the fallout, and basically earmarked as the loyal-spouse-to-be for John. So much for female independence. While I love Claire Danes and she makes the most of what she has, I had already grown accustomed to a warrior woman like Linda Hamilton, who at the same time reveals the pain inside her, as she is plagued by guilt over Judgment day and the fact that her son would be forced to live through all that.

She was a great character, and Linda Hamilton certainly played her straight, like a parent stressed-out by a particularly nasty breakup. I'd like to have more Sarah Connor, but even more I'd like it to be served by Hamilton.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 12:32:17 AM by sic. » Logged

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2007, 12:35:27 AM »

T3 was putrid.? A horrible movie that was poorly plotted and basically was nothing more than one long action sequence.? The absolute only thing that saved that movie was Kristina Lokken.? Dear god she could Terminate me anyday.

Now, now. T3 actually did a good enough job in picking up the Terminator mythos where Jim Cameron had left it. The problem for me wasn't actually in the plotting itself - which is fairly well-paced and works its way around several problems along the way. I particulary liked the fact that the T-800 had this certain relationship to the future John Connor. What the filmmakers failed to capture, though, was the human element. In the first film, Arnold was an unstoppable, distant killing machine; the central point is Sarah Connor's coming to age, her rise to the challenge of mothering a child, as well as to stand up for herself. T2 is still heavily a Sarah Connor story; now, as a single mother burned by life, she ultimately forges a relationship with John's least expected stepfather, the Terminator. John's arc is also strongly represented, as he becomes the central part of this strange nuclear (pun unintended) family. T3 didn't have that. Kate Brewster is almost immediately declared as the First Lady after the fallout, and basically earmarked as the loyal-spouse-to-be for John. So much for female independence. While I love Claire Danes and she makes the most of what she has, I had already grown accustomed to a warrior woman like Linda Hamilton, who at the same time reveals the pain inside her, as she is plagued by guilt over Judgment day and the fact that her son would be forced to live through all that.

She was a great character, and Linda Hamilton certainly played her straight, like a parent stressed-out by a particularly nasty breakup. I'd like to have more Sarah Connor, but even more I'd like it to be served by Hamilton.

yeah thats a good point u brought up. T:2 is probably my favorite action movie ever i was so in love with it and still am. i will probably check this out of pure curiousity but im not expecthig much. especially since as anythingoes said, how interesting can it be without terminators?

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: