Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 12:02:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227829 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Oo's yewer favourite football player then?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oo's yewer favourite football player then?  (Read 23797 times)
Gandalf
aka Cindy
Opening Act

« on: November 09, 2002, 05:08:16 PM »

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the proper moderators(ie. those that turn up more than once a week), I think this topic is deserving of a fred of its own. So, here are mine(NB foreigners don't have to split into Welsh and non-Welsh.They can just put down whoever):

Welsh:

1) John Charles-alright he was way, way before my time, but he's recognised by everyone as the greatest Welsh footballer ever, which is good enough for me.

2) Mark Hughes- as well as managing the best team I can remember, he is also my favourite modern player.Why? Because he scored some superb goals (v. Spain 1985, and several others for Man U) and because he was a genuine hard guy.Like Keane, but far, far more of a gentleman and without the self-indulgent whinging.

3) Chris Coleman- Who he I hear you say? Finest Welsh defender of his generation. Scored a couple of goals too. Wrecked his career as well in a car crash, poor bastard. My best Chris Coleman moment: him coming on as an injury time substitute after we beat Germany this year. Standing ovation; couple of months later we found he'd never play again.

Not Welsh(and in no real order)

1) Marco van Basten

Better than Mark Hughes. I can still remember that volley he scored in the European Championships from an impossible angle. Superb player, crying shame that injuries cut him down

2) Zinedane Zidane

God amongst Frenchmen:this man can do no wrong. Outclassed the rest of his teamates in the World Cup this year despite only being 50% fit.

3) Roger Milla

First African footballer anyone of my generation can name, inspired Cameroon to beat Argentina and come damn close to getting to the semi-finals of Italia 90.At the age of 38. Best African footballer, bar none

Russian linesman bloke from the 1966 World Cup Final, your boys took a hell of a beating!
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2002, 05:51:35 PM »

Meh, i'll let this thread live, because you're Welsh.

Most of my favourite players are retired.  And they're all Arsenally.

Tony Adams - Complete legend!  The guy bled Arsenal, and overcame one heck of a lot in his career.  Led us brilliantly to win the double in 98, we wouldn't have had a chance without him.  Done fifty times more for England than Rio Ferdinand ever will.

Paul Merson - Similar to Tony.  Bled Arsenal, overcame loads of shit, played with one hell of a lot of spirit.  Dead handsome too.

Dennis Bergkamp - Not really a legend, but a wonderful player.  I get so happy whenever he scores!

Alan *Smuger* Smith - Something about the way he was that I really dig.  Dunno why.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2002, 03:01:59 PM »

Heres mine:

Old:

Eric Cantona- Legend thru and thru don't care what people say....... one of the best players ever to grace the english leagues.

George Best- Anyone who is still alive after drinking 4 bottles of vodka a day for 2 years is a legend.... oh yeah he could play a pit too.

Gary Lineker- Great Player underrated IMO

Gazza- Only shame in his career is that he never put on a Manchester United Player.... who will ever forget those tears in italy and the goal against Scotland.

Maradona - Cheating bar steward but on pure footballing talent the best ever IMO.

Current:

Giggs- Legend. When he is fit there is no better winger in the world.

Pires- He plays for the enemy but you simply have to admire him.... great skills and a great attitude. He seems to have something that Vieria misses and that is class i.e. he gets on wit it and never moans.

Beckham- Well quite simply where would England be without him.

Ronaldo- Best player in the world when on form he showed it in the World Cup

Maldini- 150+ caps for his country, loyal as they come.

Joe Cole- Saw him play when he was 15.... his best is yet to come

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Laura
I'm not cute!!!
VIP

Swallow Choke And Die

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2002, 03:03:30 PM »

Figo!!!!!!

And It Breaks My Heart To Know The Only Reason You Are Here Now Is A Reminder Of What I'll Never Have...
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2002, 03:17:18 PM »

Past:

Cantona - extravagant skillfull and rulebreaking - a complete rebel and a complete genius.

Pele - Errr. He was class.

Present :

Zinedine Zidane - Vision skill, awareness, workrate. He has it all.

Patrick Viera - See above.

Jermaine Jenas - Best Teenager in English football. Has all of the above and he is only 19, played in Europe against Juventus and held his own....This Kid is gonna be a phenomenon.

Period - Stuart Pearce. Pyscho, u all know him u all get goosebumps when he scored the penalty against Spain.
A true proffesional.

Axlhogg
GNRR2003
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2002, 06:07:51 PM »

Jermaine Jenas - Best Teenager in English football. Has all of the above and he is only 19, played in Europe against Juventus and held his own....This Kid is gonna be a phenomenon.

he plays for my team he does, and he is fuckin brilliant, a midfeild general to rival anyoneme thinks, at least in the future.

also Hugo Viana will be in the same class as Mr JJ.

current:  Ronaldo - will beat anyone on his day, when its not his day he can beat almost anyone.

Alan Shearer, 1 more goal for us and he will have scored 100 league goals for two clubs, nuff said, and he is top premier league scorer by a mile.

past: pele and maradona

paul gascoigne imo, was the greatest footballer that never was, he never really acheiced much and always seemed to be in the press for the wrong reasons, and also had some bad injuries, i guess too much drinking cant exactly be good for you either.
WSOUman
Opening Act

Daly

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2002, 04:07:19 AM »

[size=15]LAWRENCE TAYLOR[/size], jk jk, that's the real football...anyway...

[size=15]CLINT MATHIS[/size]
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2002, 05:21:11 AM »

Well we have an NFL thread, but this is very deceiving for the American Reader because American Football is also referred to as football.

Maybe we should change the name of the thread to who's your favourite soccer player?

Axlhogg
GNRR2003
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2002, 09:37:12 AM »

Well we have an NFL thread, but this is very deceiving for the American Reader because American Football is also referred to as football.

Maybe we should change the name of the thread to who's your favourite soccer player?

Axlhogg

sorry but this is THE FOOTBALL thread, i know you're english so you can understand that football is not soccer, its football.

this thread should not be renamed the soccer thread, the americans will have to learn that us europeans follow proper football, not the game of football they play where they use their hands, now, how can you call a game football when you use your hands  Roll Eyes
Lose Your Illusions
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2002, 11:44:42 AM »

ronaldo, beckham and owen
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2002, 12:03:31 PM »

sorry but this is THE FOOTBALL thread, i know you're english so you can understand that football is not soccer, its football.

this thread should not be renamed the soccer thread, the americans will have to learn that us europeans follow proper football, not the game of football they play where they use their hands, now, how can you call a game football when you use your hands  Roll Eyes

True but at the end of the day, its what they call it as well, we cant stop the whole of the American population saying football because we say it as well.

Likewise The American contingent cant stop us saying football either, i was just trying to please both parties....

Well lets keep it as it is.

Just a suggestion

Axlhogg
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2002, 12:35:12 PM »

Look. Football is football.

Americian football is not football. They are a bunch of pad wearing pussies who have WWF to fall back on if they fail. Wink

Come and play rugby you pussies.

*just like to say i know they are not pussies but i'd love to see them play rugby*

anyway this should stay the Footie thread IMO

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Scat
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
Headliner

I like my sugar with coffee and cream

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2002, 12:49:29 PM »

Football is football in every country apart from one that chooses to call it 'soccer'. Because they fancied calling their version of rugby that, instead of a more relevant term.

Fave footballers: too many, there are soo many legends

In no order

Javier Saviola   -   my favourite footballer at the moment, so young yet so talented.  Him and Barca are going to be big.

Alan Shearer -   He epitimises everything about an English footballer. He has justified the ?15m paid for him as he has consistently found the net whenever he's fit.  Apart from that he is a model professional. How many times have you heard of him going on drink or drug binges?

Those two stick out for me, others that come to mind are:
Peter Shilton
Ronaldo
Lilian Thuram
Gary Lineker
George Weah
John Barnes.

I must say when Anelka was a Goooner he was my flavour of the month - then he threw it away
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2002, 05:23:51 PM »

Anelka had potential.  Sadly, he was an arrogant prat, and ruined it all.  I'd rather have Henry and Wiltord anyday.

Hadn't thought of Shearer.  I admire him more than any non-Arsenal player in the league.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2002, 06:06:50 PM »

Bebeto:- Fucking genious this guy was, remember the partnership him and Romario had in the 94 world cup?

Mustafa Hadji:- Plays for Villa now, I reckon he's the most under-rated player in the world.

Brian McClair:- First season with United scored around 30 goals, not bad for a Scotsman. Also, great thinker.

Stuart Pearce:- Best defender ever!

WSOUman
Opening Act

Daly

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2002, 02:28:59 AM »

see, now all of a sudden it became a bash america thread here.  don't be jealous.  give me landon donovan and clint mathis or give me death.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2002, 04:40:35 AM »

Stuart Pearce:- Best defender ever!

Wahey- a fellow phsycho lover!! [ok] [yes] [beer]

Axlhogg
Steve_Irwin
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2002, 03:52:31 PM »

Paolo Di Canio [ok]
Jake Rock
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2002, 01:17:23 PM »

I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal about the riots in Vancouver. Soccer fans have been doing it for years.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2002, 02:23:24 PM »

Think it's equally dumb to riot about a football game as it is over a concert.

But on subject:

I like a lot of players but 2 I like over the others:

Edgar Davids

Roberto Carlos

These 2 have the ability to run through out the game up and down, helping defence and offence... I just love watching these two. Okay.. With Davids it turned that it was bit more that just workout that made him run that fast, but still. And Carlos tends to shoot 20 meters wide, but when he's on target... Man..
« Last Edit: November 15, 2002, 05:58:17 AM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
cheeser
Rocker

Guns N' Roses

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2002, 12:01:07 PM »

Americian football is not football. They are a bunch of pad wearing pussies who have WWF to fall back on if they fail. Wink

*just like to say i know they are not pussies but i'd love to see them play rugby*

well..... i played American Football for 9 years.  i've been playing rugby for the past 2 years...  they are both fun, and i enjoy playing both sports.  i must say that rugby is more of an endurance sport, but american football is more physical.  when you play rugby, you dont wear pads, but you also dont get hit as hard as you do when you play american football.  although rugby isnt that popular over here in the states, i still like playing it here in college (at the university of delaware).  the best part is the drinking  [beer]

and the wwf is fake, but american football is real.  oh, and the biggest differenece between rugby and american football is that in american football you dont get kicked in the nuts as much [crying]

All the love in the world couldn't save you...
Ellie
I can speak English. I learnt it from a book
Opening Act

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2002, 11:52:47 AM »

Owen always, but also Alan Smith.

Ellie****
GNRR2003
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2002, 03:18:26 PM »

Ellie****

a classic female response!
Gandalf
aka Cindy
Opening Act

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2002, 04:39:08 PM »

Gascoigne wasted it all though. If Spurs hadn't got to the FA cup final in 1991, he could well have been up there with Charles and Best as the finest player produced from these islands.

Russian linesman bloke from the 1966 World Cup Final, your boys took a hell of a beating!
Ellie
I can speak English. I learnt it from a book
Opening Act

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2002, 06:35:46 AM »

a classic female response!

Sorry***
Andrew
Ewok
VIP

Art Student

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2002, 04:50:12 AM »

Theres no one better than Dougie Freedman, with Andrew Johnson in a close second! Grin But maybe I`m bias?
allinred
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2002, 03:19:02 PM »

Ellie don't apologise, women have desires too.

Franceso Totti.

Thierry Henry.

Dennis Bergkamp.

axls_locomotive
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2002, 11:31:54 PM »

well ill go for gordon strachan,willie miller,kenny dalgleish as the are fellow scots ...zidane and ronaldo are my choices for best player in the world just now
Chris Misfit
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2002, 12:33:02 PM »

Also a mention for Norman Whiteside, who knows how good he could have been, if not for a carrer ending injury.
allinred
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2002, 03:02:30 PM »

ronaldo is so over-rated
j.axlrose
Rocker

Ain't it fun

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2003, 08:09:10 AM »

Im not into football, but i used to be and Eric Cantona is for sure the best player that has ever lived.
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2003, 12:57:37 PM »

my favorite FOOTBALL player is none other than Mr. Georghe Hagi!!!!!! what a talented man! he and his left foot could drive a tream crazy,amazing player.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
GnRNightrain
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2003, 07:50:54 PM »

That is the most ridiculous thread I ever read
If the top NFL athletes decided to play Rugby they would dominate.
It just show that there was a rugby player that came to the NFL and all he could play was kicker.

There was this other guy that played football at CAL and then played in the NFL for a year and got cut.  He then went over to Europe and dominated Rugby.  Cant think of his name but I can get it if you guys want it.

I dont see Rugby players that weigh 250
that run 4.4 40s bench 500 pounds squat 600 pounds

You seriously think someone like Ray Lewis wouldnt dominate
GNRR2003
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2003, 07:43:45 PM »

That is the most ridiculous thread I ever read
If the top NFL athletes decided to play Rugby they would dominate.
It just show that there was a rugby player that came to the NFL and all he could play was kicker.

There was this other guy that played football at CAL and then played in the NFL for a year and got cut.  He then went over to Europe and dominated Rugby.  Cant think of his name but I can get it if you guys want it.

I dont see Rugby players that weigh 250
that run 4.4 40s bench 500 pounds squat 600 pounds

You seriously think someone like Ray Lewis wouldnt dominate

not got any idea about rugby or american foot/hand/run/ball but you use two examples to prove you theory, ok you MUST be correct.

plus this is a football thread not an american football (but can use hands) thread  Wink
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2003, 08:41:26 PM »

Marco Van Basten. Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

And for the finishing touch, God created the Dutch

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2003, 04:53:03 PM »

Marco Van Basten. Cheesy

/jarmo

No Jari?

Unless your a hemmerhoid, get off my ass!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2003, 08:29:55 PM »

Jari is good, but he's no Marco.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axlsgrrrl
braindead and happy
Rocker

do you wanna get rocked??

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2003, 08:08:10 PM »

Cantona
Beckham
Owen
Lineker
Roberto Baggio
Van Nistelrooy

Discourage inbreeding.... ban country music
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2003, 11:56:30 AM »

I've gotta say Maradona's the best i've ever seen.
Any Brazilian from the 70's.
Jean-Loius Valoius.
Mark De Vries - scored 4 against Hibs on his home debut, gotta love him.
budnc6921
Headliner

screw you guys im going home

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2003, 03:09:14 PM »

I don't watch a lot of football on television, but i would have to go with kobi jones, or just about anyone else who has played for the usa

"It's not worth living if you can't feel alive"
Electra King - The world is not enough
Eppe
Headliner

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2003, 06:47:25 PM »

George Best: Legend, best player ever
Bryan Robson: Captain Marvel
Ryan Giggs: Greatest player in the modern game

also Mark Hughes, Eric Cantona, Roy Keane...

Guess which club I support?  Wink

[beer]  <-- To the Champions!
GNR-Rules
This space was intentionally left blank
Rocker

I used to live behind Tower Records on sunset!

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2003, 09:30:15 PM »

My favorite Players are The Oakland Raiders team of course.

1.Jerry Rice-80
2.Tim Brown-81
3.Charles Woodson-24
4.Rich Gannon
5.Delawrence Grant-99
RAIDERS RULE!!!!!!!

Chinese Democracy Starts Right Now!
Andrew
Ewok
VIP

Art Student

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2003, 07:41:12 AM »

Rules - didn`t you see, it said Football not whatever your on about [ok]
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2003, 09:50:33 PM »

ronaldo is so over-rated

no he is not.. I saw him play in my team (Cruzeiro) when he was just 16 and I can tell you: the guy is a genious. He once scored a goal passing through the whole Boca Juniors team, it was awesome and I was there. But I think that today Zinedine Zidane is better than him
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2003, 12:37:33 PM »

Ryan Giggs: Greatest player in the modern game
Hah!

No other comment.
GnFnRs2016
Mr. Brownstone
Rocker

The best thing that you never had

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2003, 01:49:56 AM »

Past Goalkeeper : I dunno his name, I only know they called him  "The black spider"
Current Goalkeeper : Iker Casillas

Past Scorers: Pele, Maradona, Marco Van Basten, and Romario
Current scorers: Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo, Raul, Francesco Totti

Midfielders: Zidane, no other like him, Del Piero and Beckham

Defenders: Caf?, Rafael Marquez, Lucio, Maldini
Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2003, 06:41:35 PM »

I don't watch a lot of football on television, but i would have to go with kobi jones, or just about anyone else who has played for the usa

Now I know why US team sucks  Tongue
GnFnRs2016
Mr. Brownstone
Rocker

The best thing that you never had

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2003, 01:16:41 AM »

Coby sucks, Zidane all the way [ok]
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2003, 01:39:09 PM »

Bo Jackson

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Rock Diva
Banned
Headliner

hands off my avatar!

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2003, 07:24:03 PM »

my favourite footie player is Thierry Henry but that's only because he's hot.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2003, 07:39:58 PM »

Wicksy..Dougie Freedman sucked..why do you think we sold him to you? Tongue

Thought of some more....

Nigel Clough...damn...he was the lynchpin of the Forest team in the late eighties..early nineties!

Neil Webb - his career was ruined when he went to Man utd...no suprise there! Wink

Steve Hodge This man was a fucking workhorse and was one of the most innovative passer of the ball i have seen...and guess what...you know that guy who scored the hand of god(i refuse to say his name) well he has his shirt from that game!

Wonder if thats worth something??

Axlhogg
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2003, 10:41:00 AM »

RAUL.
RAUL.
RAUL.

(i used to love figo, but he is just the shadow of himself now....)

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2003, 03:05:13 PM »

Micheal Owen

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SwedeChildO'Mine
Guy in the locker, feeling like a
Rocker

W. Axl Rose - Pure talent

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2003, 11:29:07 AM »

Grin like that one

Past: Maradonna, he's the best ever.

Now: Ronaldinho. This guy's got skills, enough said.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2003, 04:38:22 AM »

american football is the shit, but what kind of contact is in soccer? why wear pads when u get red carded or whatever carded, freddy adu will be the best soccer player ever, david beckham? i dont understand this phenomenon

Randy moss is my fav american football player

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2003, 04:43:16 AM »

u know i never thought of the if u use your hands why call it football, good point! lol!

ok rugby is a rough ass game but seriously would u want to have Ray Lewis chasing u with no pads? he would kill somebody

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2004, 01:41:20 AM »

freddy adu will be the best soccer player ever

Nope. Theres already one, and noone will ever top him. And he's NOT Maradona  Wink
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 01:42:33 AM by Eduardo » Logged
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2004, 08:08:26 AM »

Faustino Asprilla - Well im a big Newcastle fan and during his time with the club i loved him ill admit he cost us the title when he came because the team was changed to fit round him which meant ditching the once good but now shite Keith Gillespie.  His performance against Barcelona in the Champions League when he scored a hat-trick for us was great ok ill admit he was a prick who kept going AWOL but as a footballer with his elastic legs he was wonderful all hail Asprilla!!!!!!!

On a side note American 'Footballers' may have the 'WWF' now 'WWE' to fall back on but generally they do it cos they were shite at football and end up being worse at wrestling e.g. Ron Simmons, Bradshaw & A-Train.  You also have pricks trying to do it the other way but word has it Brock Lesnar will make a shite American Footballer yes
Chris Misfit
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2004, 12:03:48 PM »

Keith Gillespie could have been one of the best wingers in football if he'd stayed at Man UTD, Newcastle ruined him, along with playing right back for N. Ireland. All the up and coming players Newcastle have bought, have turned out shite. See: Jenas.

David Healy is 10 times the player Gillespie is now, more skilful, exciting, can hit a free kick, and has possibly the best touch and volley in the English leagues.
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2004, 08:01:18 PM »

my favourite footie player is Thierry Henry but that's only because he's hot.
That's the exact reason why I think Martin Keown is the greatest footballer of all time.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2004, 06:13:56 AM »

Lothar Matth?us, the one, the only Smiley

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2004, 05:07:26 PM »

From the past:

- Eric "The King" Cantona!!!!!    He was a fuckin phenomenon!!

-Marco Van Basten            Probably the most complete striker of all time,his period of glory kinda coincided with GNR's

From the present:

-David Beckham         Say what you want about his image and lifestyle,but when he is on the pitch he's aallways the most hard working dedicated man on the pitch.Tactically,he's perfect and that right foot is pure gold!!

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2004, 06:04:13 PM »

Present: Andrei Shevchenko

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2004, 06:43:38 PM »

Damn football/soccer thing

I can't answer this now........... hihi

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2004, 01:42:28 PM »

John Charles, Billy Bremner, Alan Clarke, Mick Jones, Eddie Gray, Johhny Giles, Norman Hunter, Jack Charlton, Lucas Radebe.

That's a hatrick for Doull
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2004, 11:40:23 AM »

Juergen Klinsmann from the '90 German Team
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2004, 06:26:33 PM »

Being a Bar?a fan I have to say Ronaldinho is my favorite player now. Cruyff could be my old time favorite, also Franzescolli and M?gico Gonzalez ( I've never seen a player as talented in my entire life, he just didn't care enough about the game. He was from El Salvador)
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2004, 07:05:02 PM »

Dado Prso. Im Croatian so obviously im going to pick ym countryman!  ok

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2005, 08:18:17 AM »

Roy Keane, best in the world in my opinion. And he's Irish! And he plays for United! Pure legend!
axls earwax
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2005, 11:56:10 PM »

Jake Reed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2005, 11:17:15 AM »

KEANO!!! Roy Keane is a fucking legend. Definatley......
Then John o Shea  hihi hihi Just kidding.

What's so civil about war anyway?
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2005, 08:12:55 AM »

Van basten (netherlands)

Ronaldinho (portugal)
Figo (portugal)
Raul (spain)

Ronaldinho (brazil)
Ronaldo (brazil)
Denilson (brazil)

Maradona (argentina) < god

Roger Mila (cameroun)
Roger Weah (liberia)

i dont like french players, and i hate british players (they suck Smiley )

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: