Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 05:11:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228055 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  What happened to Paul Tobias?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What happened to Paul Tobias?  (Read 29946 times)
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2005, 09:09:23 AM »

Slash wasn't informed Huge was going to do those parts, he found out after the fact - that is a disgrace no matter how you look at it, to treat the only real guitar "icon" of the last 25 years in such away. It's as much an insult as if say Slash had  brought in one of his old buddies from back home to sing over Axls vocals without telling Axl.

Exactly, well said Jimmy. That was spitting in Slashs face.

The guitar work in GNR became Slash's territory when Izzy began to drift away during the Illusions recordings.  Axl worked the vocals, Slash the guitars. That was what made Illusions the albums they were and that was how the power play in GNR panned out as Izzys presence in GNR diminished.

To bring in an outsider into your band without asking the team is unforgivable, it's a blatant 'fuck you' to the rest of your team mates. I'm sure all you football fans out there would not like to see your favourite teams coach bring in a crap player just because he's an old school friend, it's unprofessional and unfair.

This band was the biggest in the world at the time with about half a billion dollars worth of business done, you can't just invite some old ass-kisser from your home town in to play badly over songs, show me one other professional band at GNRs level where that occured.

All that stuff that Axl said about Paul respecting Slash is just ass, Matt walked out  because of comments Huge made about Slash and was fired. It is a staggering arrogance to float into the biggest band in the world  play badly hiding behind the singer and then start bad mouthing a guitar legend who was the guitar sound of GNR. The old band said they didn't like the guy because he was a terrible player and just didn't belong. They were in GNR, not any of us, so I respect their opinions over any of ours anyday.
peace,
intercourse

Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2005, 09:13:08 AM »

yea, Huge was just a nickname & yea he was Axl's hometown friend. 

My mind is probably not where it should be, but WHAT is huge then ? hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Nothing to say
mrsaxlrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2005, 09:38:59 AM »

yea, Huge was just a nickname & yea he was Axl's hometown friend.?

My mind is probably not where it should be, but WHAT is huge then ? hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

I have no idea where the nickname "Huge" came from.  Maybe Axl gave it to him? who knows.  All I know is he was the final nail in the coffin of original GNR.

Yes, dammit, I WILL be Mrs. Axl Rose someday soon....
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2005, 09:43:45 AM »

Is paul huge that bad ?

PS :

Yoko Ono wasn't that bad, but John Lennon was a dickhead, he didn't need anyone to be a very much hated man.

Nothing to say
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2005, 10:00:57 AM »

Is paul huge that bad ?

not so bad, but Slash didn't like him

Yoko Ono wasn't that bad, but John Lennon was a dickhead, he didn't need anyone to be a very much hated man.

WHAT?Huh?? WHAT!!!!!!!

John was wrong maybe, but I hope to never read another word like "dickhead" referred to him!!!  rant

I hate Yoko, not John!!

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
mrsaxlrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2005, 10:17:03 AM »

Is paul huge that bad ?

PS :

Paul Huge was "adequate" at best, but regardless of that, how do u just bring someone in w/o telling the lead guitarest(sp?).  Axl basically treated Slash as though he was just part of a back-up band.

Yes, dammit, I WILL be Mrs. Axl Rose someday soon....
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2005, 12:30:25 PM »

Is paul huge that bad ?

not so bad, but Slash didn't like him

WHAT?Huh?? WHAT!!!!!!!

John was wrong maybe, but I hope to never read another word like "dickhead" referred to him!!!  rant

I hate Yoko, not John!!

Offtopic i know, but John forced yoko to live with another asian girl twice her age just because john took a fancy..You have no idea what she had to put up with. He really was not a nice person.

Nothing to say
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2005, 03:08:32 PM »

What a fuck head! Angry How unjust!

Besides I think Yoko Ono is way too overrated  badly. So are all the so called "Yoko Onos of GN'R".

A band breaks up when it brakes.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2005, 10:40:11 PM »

First point, no one ever bitch about that song when they thought it was Gilby playing on it, just now when people know its paul do they say his guitar part sucks on the song.

I've always thought that SFTD sucked. Mostly due to the guitar playing. My first reaction to that song was something along the lines of 'this is pretty sub-par for a GnR release....'. I just didn't happen to be around here to express that to you. Sorry. I'll be sure to check all my opinions with you from here on in.? Grin

2nd point. Show me one interivew or just name me one person slash duff or matt named as a replacemnt for Gilby.
Here is a hint, there is none because they never gave axl one.

And because it was never expressed in print or an interview it never happened? That logic make no sense: 'I never saw it expressed in any interviews therefore it never happened....'. C'mon dude, thats just silly.

Your argument holds no water. Who knows what went on with them during that time. You don't know any more than I do about it so don't feed me some bullshit argument trying to prove that you do.

People like you crack me up.  Axl said slash NEVER gave him a replacment guitar player, slash never said that he did give one. So what does that tell you? Who did you think was going to play the parts that paul did on the album, a ghost?  All slash had to do is give a give axl a name to audution but he never did that. You claiming its not true is just silling since both slash and axl pretty much agree on this. I guess their words are not good enough right?  I know what happened by the interviews of axl and the ex members, they are out there go google them and  you will see we are right.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2005, 11:32:50 PM »

First point, no one ever bitch about that song when they thought it was Gilby playing on it, just now when people know its paul do they say his guitar part sucks on the song.

I've always thought that SFTD sucked. Mostly due to the guitar playing. My first reaction to that song was something along the lines of 'this is pretty sub-par for a GnR release....'. I just didn't happen to be around here to express that to you. Sorry. I'll be sure to check all my opinions with you from here on in.? Grin

2nd point. Show me one interivew or just name me one person slash duff or matt named as a replacemnt for Gilby.
Here is a hint, there is none because they never gave axl one.

And because it was never expressed in print or an interview it never happened? That logic make no sense: 'I never saw it expressed in any interviews therefore it never happened....'. C'mon dude, thats just silly.

Your argument holds no water. Who knows what went on with them during that time. You don't know any more than I do about it so don't feed me some bullshit argument trying to prove that you do.

People like you crack me up.? Axl said slash NEVER gave him a replacment guitar player, slash never said that he did give one. So what does that tell you? Who did you think was going to play the parts that paul did on the album, a ghost?? All slash had to do is give a give axl a name to audution but he never did that. You claiming its not true is just silling since both slash and axl pretty much agree on this. I guess their words are not good enough right?? I know what happened by the interviews of axl and the ex members, they are out there go google them and? you will see we are right.

you fail, conviniently I might add, to address the main point in that Slash was never notified nor asked regarding Huges involvment.
This is the heart of the matter, not whether or not Slash etc.. suggested a replacment which is beside the point...

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2005, 07:45:47 AM »

Also... to back you up further Jimmy,
Please remember that Slash re-did many of Izzys tracks on UYI with direct input from Axl. They worked fine as a pair with a rhythm guitarist still in the band.  Axl had no plans to tour for at least two years after the UYI tour so no rhythm guitarist was urgently required. Anyway, I think Slash was too concerned about his own future in the band to worry about finding a replacement for Gilby/Izzy.
Furthermore, Slash was most accomadating to facilitate Zack Wilde in the band as a possible member, in fact most lead players would not tolerate that kind of choice. Axl bringing a second world famous lead player onto Slashs patch is a questionable action at best. I wonder how Axl would feel if Slash invited Chris Cornell down to jam a few melodies....
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 07:49:31 AM by Intercourse » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2005, 03:43:52 PM »

Nice way to dodge the question Jimmy.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2005, 04:40:41 PM »

Nice way to dodge the question Jimmy.

and what question would that be Dave? The one about who was going to play the parts? How about Slash himself or at the very least, someone that Slash had agreed upon?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2005, 12:03:49 PM »

Dave,

You are dodging Jimmy's point,  not the other way around.
NOBODY should be playing rhythm guitar until the band members with a say in the matter agree on who that person should be.
NOBODY should appear on a bands recording unless all members with a say have been told in advance and agree to it.

I cannot believe that you will not acknowledge Axls actions as lousy and disrespectful. It would appear to me that you are either blind to Axls faults or have never been part of a group activity where openess, democracy and fair play are vital.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2005, 12:21:44 PM »

What about the TSI hidden track? Wasn't there some shit there as well. I seem to remember that Axl and Slash alone recorded "look at your game girl" and put it on the album and the rest of the band didn't know about it. Correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't this the same type of shit? Why wouldn't Duff, Gilby, Dizzy and Matt be informed about that track? It's OK if Slash is involved but if he's in the dark he's pissed? Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Axl should've brought Tobias in without consulting Slash, but, a virually unknown (at the time) soundtrack song doesn't seem to be that big of a deal to me compared to a full album. Maybe Axl was unhappy with the Rhythm on the track and Slash was unreachable and it was due immediately, to tell you the truth, none of us knows what the fuck happened so why are we getting so worked up over it? The band was falling apart anyway, if it wasn't that incident then something else would've happened. They were all sick of each other.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2005, 12:23:10 PM »

I seem to remember that Axl and Slash alone recorded "look at your game girl" and put it on the album and the rest of the band didn't know about it.

I don't think Slash plays on that track.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2005, 12:25:29 PM »

I seem to remember that Axl and Slash alone recorded "look at your game girl" and put it on the album and the rest of the band didn't know about it.

I don't think Slash plays on that track.

/jarmo

Do you have an article regarding the controversy of that song jarmo?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2005, 12:28:41 PM »

Do you have an article regarding the controversy of that song jarmo?

I can't think of any at the moment.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2005, 12:35:32 PM »

What about the TSI hidden track? But isn't this the same type of shit? Why wouldn't Duff, Gilby, Dizzy and Matt be informed about that track?

'cause towards the end of the Illusions recordings Slash and Axl ran the show and that was how things ran from there on out until the band started to collapse. Gilby, and Matt were in the band upon Slashs recommendation, Dizzy because of Axl.  They were the bosses.

tell you the truth, none of us knows what the fuck happened so why are we getting so worked up over it?
you're right man and this fact  makes almost all of what we post here essentially bullshit, but I'm addicted like the rest of the HTGTH alumni  and will continue!
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2005, 12:48:07 PM »

slash doesnt plays in Look at your game girl.... a guy named Carlos Booy.. plays the guitar (slash said this in an article)... Dizzy plays the percussion...

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: