Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:33:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Hey jarmo,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hey jarmo,  (Read 16819 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2007, 01:45:48 PM »

This thread is talking in general about the VR section, and you mentioned Slash.

Slash / Duff whatever. The point I was trying to make was that it shouldn't be surprising that Axl / GN'R would get bashed in the GN'R section of a VR board in the same way that there are similar posts about Slash / Duff in the VR section of this board.

I mentioned that even questioning Scott Weiland will get the VR fans to start talking about GN'R/Axl....

Well that's their problem then. Did I reply to your post? I understood perfectly what you were trying to say. I indulge in such conversations only when a certain set of people
make a habit out of posting crap in every VR related thread. After a while it's annoying to read, whatever the fuck their opinion of VR might be.

Fuck 'Em All.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2007, 01:51:04 PM »

The only bitterness around here comes from the ones who cannot accept the new band.
The rest of us are looking to the future. Being stuck in the past must feel bitter, yeah. no

Whatever.. Jarmo clearly instigated the demise of that last thread whether he brought up Gn'R or not.. And to reply to one of your posts on the last thread that was locked..

Yes the official VR forum does have a Gn'R section....

Where everyone bashes Axl, who would have guessed.? Shocked

Like what happens here with Slash in the VR section, big surprise.

I was talking about Scott Weiland and apparently I'm not allowed to have an opinion on the guy because I happen to be an administrator.

I asked a very simple question, and some of the VR fans brought GN'R into the thread, only Grouse answered the question I asked. Go and read it before you keep whining.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

'I was talking about Scott Weiland' ?hihi you put it very innocently, c'mon , one thing is to say once that you don't like him, another is to become a hater, so you don't like Weiland, we get it, but there's no need to be picking every little detail about what you don't like about him or VR, and yes that is what you have been doing lately- as mentioned with the 'what's with the piano' comments and you posting Duff's video.. why even waste your time on VR at all if you don't like them?

I bought contraband and was let down; the only reason I come to the VR section ?is to see if they come up with a way to surprise me, but to see you (as someone else said) lower yourself to the level of gnr haters is just as annoying as they are. And don't limit yourself to this ONE thread, view everything as a whole, posters remember what you said in other threads last week; last month or whatever; and it comes a time when it all builds up and bites you in the ass; and ?it doesnt matter if you said it in one thread or the other cause it's the same VR section and its basically the same subjects all the time, so dont expect people to forget what you said and don't pretend to be all that innocent.

and Im not whinning, if anything Im the only one who doesnt have a personal vendetta against you just because you said VR was tha sucky Tongue (cause Im an axlite and I don't like VR) Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2007, 02:13:56 PM »

'I was talking about Scott Weiland'  hihi you put it very innocently, c'mon , one thing is to say once that you don't like him, another is to become a hater, so you don't like Weiland, we get it, but there's no need to be picking every little detail about what you don't like about him or VR, and yes that is what you have been doing lately- as mentioned with the 'what's with the piano' comments and you posting Duff's video.. why even waste your time on VR at all if you don't like them?

I saw something funny, and commented on it.

I think their image is funny.

It reminds me of GN'R back in the day, but then it was easy to believe it because it was 20 years ago.

Hater? WTF? I never called Scott a skinny junkie or anything like that.

Unlike all the "GN'R fans" who make personal attacks on Axl and the band.

I bought contraband and was let down; the only reason I come to the VR section  is to see if they come up with a way to surprise me, but to see you (as someone else said) lower yourself to the level of gnr haters is just as annoying as they are. And don't limit yourself to this ONE thread, view everything as a whole, posters remember what you said in other threads last week; last month or whatever; and it comes a time when it all builds up and bites you in the ass; and  it doesnt matter if you said it in one thread or the other cause it's the same VR section and its basically the same subjects all the time, so dont expect people to forget what you said and don't pretend to be all that innocent.

and Im not whinning, if anything Im the only one who doesnt have a personal vendetta against you just because you said VR was tha sucky Tongue (cause Im an axlite and I don't like VR) Tongue

You still don't understand, I'm commenting on a guy who I think is overrated. He's never been involved in creating the music that made us GN'R fans.

I have no respect for him the way I respect the former GN'R members.

You need to understand that the VR section is for opinions on the band from the GN'R fan point of view.

I'm a GN'R fan..... Are you?  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2007, 02:33:56 PM »

'I was talking about Scott Weiland'? hihi you put it very innocently, c'mon , one thing is to say once that you don't like him, another is to become a hater, so you don't like Weiland, we get it, but there's no need to be picking every little detail about what you don't like about him or VR, and yes that is what you have been doing lately- as mentioned with the 'what's with the piano' comments and you posting Duff's video.. why even waste your time on VR at all if you don't like them?

I saw something funny, and commented on it.

I think their image is funny.

It reminds me of GN'R back in the day, but then it was easy to believe it because it was 20 years ago.

Hater? WTF? I never called Scott a skinny junkie or anything like that.

Unlike all the "GN'R fans" who make personal attacks on Axl and the band.

I bought contraband and was let down; the only reason I come to the VR section? is to see if they come up with a way to surprise me, but to see you (as someone else said) lower yourself to the level of gnr haters is just as annoying as they are. And don't limit yourself to this ONE thread, view everything as a whole, posters remember what you said in other threads last week; last month or whatever; and it comes a time when it all builds up and bites you in the ass; and? it doesnt matter if you said it in one thread or the other cause it's the same VR section and its basically the same subjects all the time, so dont expect people to forget what you said and don't pretend to be all that innocent.

You still don't understand, I'm commenting on a guy who I think is overrated. He's never been involved in creating the music that made us GN'R fans.

You need to understand that the VR section is for opinions on the band from the GN'R fan point of view.

I'm a GN'R fan..... Are you?? Tongue

/jarmo

hmmm I think you can be a hater without making personal attacks; the haters making personal attacks are only the cream of the cream? hihi
For example; lets take Madagascar; if you have a poster saying how musically the structure of madagascar is weak ; the arrangements are this and that; Axl's voice sounds bad ;? fortus guitar work is laughable.. etc etc..... well if I see a post like that I can see where he is coming from, it is not an opinion that I share but he has a right to mention such things so I let it go.... however ...if I see such poster invading all threads with the same remarks over and over and over again... something else comes to light besides his criticism.....HIS HATE !

which leads me to the way you feel about weiland...yet again on your post you talk about how he sucks......ok.... fine.... but why insist on it all the time? doesnt it strike you as weird to waste your time talking about something you don't like... I don't go around all the time talking about tofu..... hihi because if you insist on it..... chances are you are going to bump into someone who loves tofu to death, who eats tofu with eggs morning day and night? all the fuckin time and it's going to take offense in you telling everybody how tofu tastes like your grandma's undies... Grin and even if you don't understand and don't agree with the tofu eating freak you have to realize that that is what he likes..and you have to let it be Tongue and let him wallow in tofu along with his tofu loving friends.

as for this: "You need to understand that the VR section is for opinions on the band from the GN'R fan point of view."

you may wanna put that in writting next to the title of the section.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 02:36:23 PM by Wooody » Logged

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2007, 02:39:35 PM »

Exactly. As long as everyone was clear on that, there were no problems were there? Then came the trolls.

Fuck 'Em All.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2007, 03:03:54 PM »

Exactly. As long as everyone was clear on that, there were no problems were there? Then came the trolls.

Ha!  This is nuts!  From a GNR fan's view, that may be a fan of VR as well.  90% of GNR fans like VR on some level.  This is nuts. 

Jarmo, so you feel it necessary to kill Weiland because he may have said something about your God Axl?  Let Axl fight his own fights.  Guess what, Kurt Cobain didn't like Axl either.  What else is new.  "Get used to it", are we in 5th grade again?  Like we should feel threatened by your opinion on VR?  Like anyone gives a fuck now that your credibility is thrown out of the window? 

Some people are jealous that VR has a fanbase and is putting out albums.  Why be jealous when you already know the new lineup of GNR is the greatest band to never release an album?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2007, 03:34:08 PM »

I think having an opinion is fine. I myself think that Scott doesn't come close to Axl in talent. But to bash someone for no reason saying that he's so mediocre that he mustn't be confident about his record... Well, that's called hatred.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2007, 04:02:01 PM »

That should about sum it up for everyone.  I'll be the first one to admit that shit has been crazy on here the past few days.  Hell I was PISSED at Jarmo for the whole madagascar fiasco.  But then I really thought about it and I realized that he was between a rock and a hard place, he had to choose between two extremes.  1.  Let a totally open discussion ensue with everyone and their brother asking about getting a link to the leak ect or 2.  Just nipping it in the bud before all the bullshit could even start.  I'm still not sure what he should have done, and I am totally glad that I wasnt the one that had to make that decision.  Jarmo is doing the best that he can given the circumstances.  Everyone that is giving Jarmo a hard time needs to just relax, I mean jesus if he wanted to be a total prick he could just pull the plug on the board.  I may not agree with everything he does, but I respect the decisions he makes. ok

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2007, 05:48:59 PM »

I think having an opinion is fine. I myself think that Scott doesn't come close to Axl in talent. But to bash someone for no reason saying that he's so mediocre that he mustn't be confident about his record... Well, that's called hatred.

This is ridiculous. Please, point out where I said it's not ok for him to be confident.

Pleeeeeeease!

You seem to read what you want to read.

I clearly stated I found his whole "this  is gonna be as great as Exile On Main Street" comment ridiculous.

Maybe you need to be careful about what kind of accusations you throw around, especially since you were the one who brought GN'R into the thread in the first place.

Ha!  This is nuts!  From a GNR fan's view, that may be a fan of VR as well.  90% of GNR fans like VR on some level.  This is nuts.

I like them on one level too. They're amusing.

Jarmo, so you feel it necessary to kill Weiland because he may have said something about your God Axl?  Let Axl fight his own fights.  Guess what, Kurt Cobain didn't like Axl either.  What else is new.  "Get used to it", are we in 5th grade again?  Like we should feel threatened by your opinion on VR?  Like anyone gives a fuck now that your credibility is thrown out of the window? 

For fuck's sake.

I'm saying Weiland isn't the most popular singer besides Axl among GN'R fans. Live with it.

Especially after everything he says about Axl/GN'R.

We don't need to be the biggest Weiland fans, we're GN'R fans.

Some people are jealous that VR has a fanbase and is putting out albums.  Why be jealous when you already know the new lineup of GNR is the greatest band to never release an album?

That can't be aimed at me so I can't answer your question.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2007, 02:15:21 AM »

This is ridiculous. Please, point out where I said it's not ok for him to be confident.

Pleeeeeeease!

You seem to read what you want to read.

I clearly stated I found his whole "this? is gonna be as great as Exile On Main Street" comment ridiculous.

Maybe you need to be careful about what kind of accusations you throw around, especially since you were the one who brought GN'R into the thread in the first place.

/jarmo

Since I wrote it down in the thread I don't feel the need to repeat it again and again just because you don't wanna (or can't) understand it. And don't act like I would have been made that thread into a VR vs. GN'R fight. I only pointed out that you are biased and you didn't find the other band's comments about their forthcoming album this 'ridiculous'.  BTW Exile is not among the best Stones album IMO.  Tongue

Rollin' on the streets
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2007, 08:43:24 AM »

No, seriously, please point out where I said it's not ok for Scott to be confident about his new material.

I only pointed out the part where he basically said this new album will be a classic rock album (like Exile...).

I also pointed out differences between what Brain said and what Scott said.

You chose to ignore all that and instead repeat your lies. So, please, go find the quote where I claimed it's not ok for artists to be happy about their new songs.

I will apologize for you if you can find the quote.  ok

/jarmo

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2007, 12:39:52 PM »

My lies?  Shocked  Hilarious!  rofl  Is it allowed to insult others on this board?  Kiss

I still can't find how you pointed out the difference between the comments (Led Zeppelin II vs. Exile). I only see a sad attempt as your trying to denial your double standards.

Saying that it will be a classic means that Scott's confident about the record. You know, like he'd have said it will be 'Earth-shattering' and 'groundbreaking' etc.  Wink  I don't know if he's right or not. I will have an opinion after I listened the album a few times. Like I do it with every other band's record.

You can think that VR sucks. You can think that Contraband sucked. But judging an album before it got released... well, I'm not smart enough to do that. After it comes out you can criticize the shit out of it. For valid or invalid reasons. Your choose. 'From a GN'R fans point of view', like it'd mean anything. We are all GN'R fans here and like different kinds of music and different band. You use this as it'd be an objective position.

Critizing his comment before the album's out... you haven't heard a song off the album. Not even a demo or a live version. But Mr. Objective comes and says that Scott is mediocre so he can't write good music and shouldn't be talking shit like it'll be a classic. Guess you already know that Libertad will suck or will be mediocre at best. There is no chance that it will be a classic.  Roll Eyes  I don't say it will be... we will hear it and then judge it. To each its on.

Rollin' on the streets
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2007, 12:51:29 PM »

But to bash someone for no reason saying that he's so mediocre that he mustn't be confident about his record...

That's your lie right there. I never said that he can't be confident.

I pointed out how saying "this will be a classic album like Exile On Main Street" is different from "this will be GN'R's Led Zeppelin II".

So, instead of repeating how I "hate" VR or how I judged the album before hearing it (which I never did because I never commented on the music), please find the quote where I said it's not ok for Scotty boy to be confident or happy about his new songs.

I said I wasn't expecting him to write anything as good as Jagger/Richards. Only because I don't think he's got the talent.

Maybe you expect a guy working at McDonald's to be able to cook you a nice three course meal.... I mean, he's in the restaurant business so he must be a master chef.....

But, as I've said, please point out where I said it's not ok for him to be happy about the material.  ok

/jarmo

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2007, 01:41:28 PM »

But to bash someone for no reason saying that he's so mediocre that he mustn't be confident about his record...

It's my last try to make you understand that saying it will be a classic means that you are confident about your record. Every musician say that their next album 'will be good', so it's like saying 'it'll come out and it's our next album'. Doesn't mean anything. But when you're saying it will be a classic record like Exile or you say it will be 'Earth-shattering' the it means you a re confident.
When you question what he's saying without hearing the album is denying he has the right to be confident.

I pointed out how saying "this will be a classic album like Exile On Main Street" is different from "this will be GN'R's Led Zeppelin II".

Yeah, you said:

Well, for one, saying "this is GN'R's Led Zeppelin II" could mean many things. It could mean the band went in a different direction compared to the past efforts.

Maybe you haven't heard those albums but the first 4 Led Zep albums went to about the same direction. BTW LZ I and LZII came out in the same year. So I don't see any paralel here, but I'm glad you do.

So, instead of repeating how I "hate" VR or how I judged the album before hearing it (which I never did because I never commented on the music), please find the quote where I said it's not ok for Scotty boy to be confident or happy about his new songs.

I said I wasn't expecting him to write anything as good as Jagger/Richards. Only because I don't think he's got the talent.

Maybe you should take some time to read your own posts. You repeated again that he has no talent to write quality music. It's judging the album before it got released since you 'stated' that it cannot be that good.

Maybe you expect a guy working at McDonald's to be able to cook you a nice three course meal.... I mean, he's in the restaurant business so he must be a master chef.....

Alright? Roll Eyes

Rollin' on the streets
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2007, 02:11:08 PM »

It's my last try to make you understand that saying it will be a classic means that you are confident about your record. Every musician say that their next album 'will be good', so it's like saying 'it'll come out and it's our next album'. Doesn't mean anything. But when you're saying it will be a classic record like Exile or you say it will be 'Earth-shattering' the it means you a re confident.
When you question what he's saying without hearing the album is denying he has the right to be confident.

Keep trying. You put words in my mouth.

You clearly fucking stated that I said he shouldn't be confident.

Confident: This is the best music I've ever created, I think this album is way better than the previous one, I think my band mates have created some amazing songs

Ridiculous: We've written this is the best album of all times (said by somebody who's never been close to even writing the best album of the decade),   Wink

Read his quote. He didn't just seem confident, he seemed certain he has created a classic rock album that people will talk about in 30-40 years.

I thought that was ridiculous.

Maybe you should take some time to read your own posts. You repeated again that he has no talent to write quality music. It's judging the album before it got released since you 'stated' that it cannot be that good.

No, you really need to stop taking my posts out of context.

I said I don't think he can write music that'll be remembered years from now like the stuff Jagger/Richards write years and years ago.

Quality is something that's hard to measure. You love Snakepit, most of us think it's crap.

But we can pretty much say that "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" hardly falls under the "classic rock albums" category. It's not "Led Zeppelin's "IV" or even Appetite For Destruction.

You might think it's A+ quality, and nobody can say you're wrong, but if you say it's a classic rock album, we can say you're wrong.

Since you failed to show me the quote where I stated Scott can't be confident, you're talking out of your ass. You keep twisting my words, but your quote says it all.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 04:53:18 PM by jarmo » Logged

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2007, 03:45:10 PM »

/jarmo

Sorry to bring GnR into this again, but will all due respect, Scott Weiland has had more success in his career than each of the 6 guys who joined GnR in the last ten years combined. Yet, I think everyone on this site believes they have the talent to pull of something big, so why not Scott. Ok, in your subjective opinion, Scott sucks and is untalented, but many other people love his music. Contraband wasn't the most consistent album, but Slither, You Got No Right and Loving The Alien are great songs. Even Axl said he would love to have made Contraband, or so Slash said and we have no reason not to believe him. Personally, I prefer the stuff Slash Duff and Matt have done in their career to anything the Stones have done, and I definately think that they and Weiland and Kushner have the potential to make an album as good as Exile On Main St. You don't agree, obviously, but lots of people do, so insulting Weiland for holding an opinion that a lot of people agree with is kinda crazy.

As for modesty, loadsa artists say stuff like "Our music will blow people away", etc. It's not their job to be modest.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2007, 05:01:35 PM »

Sorry to bring GnR into this again, but will all due respect, Scott Weiland has had more success in his career than each of the 6 guys who joined GnR in the last ten years combined. Yet, I think everyone on this site believes they have the talent to pull of something big, so why not Scott.

Do I need to answer that?

The answer is: The guy who's the singer in the band this site is dedicated to.

You can have a bunch of talented people, but if you don't have somebody to street the ship, you won't use the group's full potential.

Ok, in your subjective opinion, Scott sucks and is untalented, but many other people love his music. Contraband wasn't the most consistent album, but Slither, You Got No Right and Loving The Alien are great songs.

Slither is the best track on that album, then most the rest is filler.

Even Axl said he would love to have made Contraband, or so Slash said and we have no reason not to believe him.

We don't?

Personally, I prefer the stuff Slash Duff and Matt have done in their career to anything the Stones have done, and I definately think that they and Weiland and Kushner have the potential to make an album as good as Exile On Main St. You don't agree, obviously, but lots of people do, so insulting Weiland for holding an opinion that a lot of people agree with is kinda crazy.

Good for you, I disagree.

As for modesty, loadsa artists say stuff like "Our music will blow people away", etc. It's not their job to be modest.

Right, but I have pointed out why I think this comment was ridiculous.

This guy said Fall To Pieces was some kind of classic rock track that everybody would love too.....

/jarmo

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2007, 08:27:34 PM »

i actually though fall to peices did have that classic rock vibe. peace

html sucks
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2007, 08:32:13 PM »

i actually though fall to peices did have that classic rock vibe. peace
the difference is that not everybody loves it...

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2007, 02:05:58 AM »

I do hope however that with all I and other posters have said that jarmo will gain some perspective and finally let it go a few days or weeks from now Tongue

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: