Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:10:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  'NUGNR'
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'NUGNR'  (Read 13495 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2007, 03:57:02 PM »

I cant understand why it is so hard to call a band by it's name... Huh

Damn, why discussing if we should call the band ''NewGNR'' or ''NuGNR'' if none of them is its real name?  Huh

Guns N' Roses for me.
Okay. I like Guns N' Roses more than Guns N' Roses. You see now why it is necessary to put "new" before it sometimes?

I think nuGN'R is a lame way to express this but it certainly not shouldn't be censored. When you begin systematicly censoring words you don't like you've gone over the top..

why not put "old" or "original" in front of one of them instead, since we live in the present day and it would make sense to refer to something that is now as it is, and something that used to be as old.
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2007, 03:59:17 PM »

I cant understand why it is so hard to call a band by it's name... Huh

Damn, why discussing if we should call the band ''NewGNR'' or ''NuGNR'' if none of them is its real name?  Huh

Guns N' Roses for me.
Okay. I like Guns N' Roses more than Guns N' Roses. You see now why it is necessary to put "new" before it sometimes?

I think nuGN'R is a lame way to express this but it certainly not shouldn't be censored. When you begin systematicly censoring words you don't like you've gone over the top..
I prefer AC/DC with Brian Johnson than with Bon Scott.

I like Ozzy Osbourne's era much more than Dio's.

I prefer the current GNR lineup than any of the previous.

There are lots of ways to make the comparison without degrading the legendary name ''Guns N' Roses''.

I do not use ''old'' or ''nu'' and I've never had problems communicating my feelings.
Okay, well I use them. I think that's the quickest way to separate these two era's and not an insult against anyone. It's the same as with current and previous, just quicker.

Edit: JimBob, because if I say GN'R people asume I'm talking about the original line-up. The people who associate "Guns N' Roses" with the new line-up is a minority. It's only to avoid confussion ok
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 04:03:17 PM by Wando » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2007, 04:10:12 PM »

Edit: JimBob, because if I say GN'R people asume I'm talking about the original line-up. The people who associate "Guns N' Roses" with the new line-up is a minority. It's only to avoid confussion ok

not on a GNR board its not a minority.   All of the people here or on any GNR board would understand theres old GNR and GnR.   

If you were talking to a casual fan who didn't know what was going on, you'd have a point, but this is hardcore fans who follow the band and know the deal.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2007, 04:12:08 PM »

Well this is a GnR forum...there isnt much talk about different years so much with VH or Sabbath or AC/DC

and besides all those bands are so far removed from the Nu term

Nu Sabbath just sounds bad hihi

but you got Dio Years and Roth VanHalen I'm sure the hardcores of those bands have their own way to distinguish

Maybe we should call them "Slash n Roses" and "Finck n Roses" hihi or FGnR and SGnR infact maybe i will do jsut that

Wando
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2007, 04:18:58 PM »

not on a GNR board its not a minority.   All of the people here or on any GNR board would understand theres old GNR and GnR.   

If you were talking to a casual fan who didn't know what was going on, you'd have a point, but this is hardcore fans who follow the band and know the deal.

You found the answer. I do talk about GN'R with casual fans too and I guess it comes due this more natuarally for me to say "new GN'R". Why is this such a big deal anyway? Huh
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2007, 04:22:38 PM »

You found the answer. I do talk about GN'R with casual fans too and I guess it comes due this more natuarally for me to say "new GN'R". Why is this such a big deal anyway? Huh

because its kinda disrespectful to the guys in the band now.  the name of the band is the name of the band.    is it not?

its like people who don't like Metallica calling them "Selloutica".    NuGnR is just lame.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2007, 04:26:27 PM »

not on a GNR board its not a minority.? ?All of the people here or on any GNR board would understand theres old GNR and GnR.? ?

because its kinda disrespectful to the guys in the band now.? the name of the band is the name of the band.? ? is it not?

its like people who don't like Metallica calling them "Selloutica".? ? NuGnR is just lame.

i've heard Alcoholica been used hihi

Wando
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2007, 04:39:13 PM »

because its kinda disrespectful to the guys in the band now.  the name of the band is the name of the band.    is it not?

its like people who don't like Metallica calling them "Selloutica".    NuGnR is just lame.

I agree, NuGN'R is lame but what is wrong with new GN'R? Isn't old GN'R as well disrespectful to old GN'R?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2007, 04:44:09 PM »

I agree, NuGN'R is lame but what is wrong with new GN'R? Isn't old GN'R as well disrespectful to old GN'R?

the old gnr is gone.   if you buy guns n roses tickets in 2007, who are you going to see?    Its not disrespectful to call it what it is, the old gnr.   

however new gnr is better than NuGnR and I can understand why you would use that.

Wando
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2007, 04:53:31 PM »

the old gnr is gone.   if you buy guns n roses tickets in 2007, who are you going to see?    Its not disrespectful to call it what it is, the old gnr.   

however new gnr is better than NuGnR and I can understand why you would use that.

Yes, yes, yes! Of course I don't use it in context where it isn't needed (well, most likely I have a few times but those are more because of unconcern (or for provoking hihi reasons ) and it shouldn't be used.
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2007, 08:34:25 PM »

They should have 'nugnr' and 'newgnr' censored to come out as gnr, which is what it is.
fuckin agree

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2007, 10:08:03 PM »

Frankly, I believe there are more important things in life.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: