Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:58:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  "Da Vinci" prequal
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Da Vinci" prequal  (Read 3107 times)
Axlfreek
Legend

« on: April 10, 2007, 11:11:20 PM »

That Oscar winner Tom Hanks and his unfortunate coif have finally signed on for the Da Vinci Code prequel Angels & Demons should be no surprise, but apparently he's getting the "biggest salary ever paid to an actor in the history of Hollywood." Cinema Blend.com claims a source confirms that Hanks will return for the adaptation of author Dan Brown's other novel, which introduced Hanks' Dr. Robert Langdon character. Also scheduled to be on board: Ron Howard as director, Akiva Goldsman penning the script and model Gisele B?ndchen as a co-star. The start date is set for July. Da Vinci of course, topped $750 million at the box office, and Cinema Blend notes Hanks' salary for this one ? in which we find Langdon investigating the Illuminati, a secret society whose members have supposedly discovered the power of antimatter, which they plan to use to destroy Vatican City ? could top $50 million.

www.movies.com

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 11:09:40 AM »

IMO a much better book and possible movie then what da vinci code was. Devoured it in 2 days compared tot he week of shaking my head and forcing myself to read it.... though it was still a decent work of fiction just didnt like it overall

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 11:11:44 AM »

i still gotta read this one....i heard it was awesome though

and cool to see hanks returning...i thought he did a good job as Langdon

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 08:41:35 PM »

I agree - I preferred Angels & Demons to the Da Vinci Code.  ok

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 09:07:13 PM »

I liked Angels and Demons too, but the ending was a little ridiculous....especially the parachute  confused

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 11:23:06 PM »

I liked Angels and Demons too, but the ending was a little ridiculous....especially the parachute? confused

LOL ya i know lol

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 11:54:18 PM »

I guess this means no Forrest Gump II  hihi

I agree with some of you guys, this is definately the better of the two books.  yes

http://www.amazon.com/Solomon-Key-Dan-Brown/dp/B0006H92F6/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-9965371-6066452?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1176350142&sr=1-1
when is the new book coming out? I was excpecting it at the new year
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 11:56:26 PM by Robman? » Logged
tbizzle
Banned
Rocker

"I've got a message for youuuuuuuuuuu"

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 11:57:49 PM »

I agree with all of you! Angels and Demons was tons better than The Da Vinci Code.  I was dissapointed that they didn't make this one a movie first.  Hope the movies better than "Da Vinci Code" too.   Undecided 

la la  la la
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 11:59:20 PM »

Hopefully hanks does some working out and loses the neck
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 01:49:28 AM »

Hopefully hanks does some working out and loses the neck

THANK YOU

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 06:53:25 AM »

I  kinda liked Angels&Demons aswell..Nice fast phased thriller.But ending and beginning both were fuckign ridiculous.

It's wrong if Hanks becomes the best payed actor in galaxy withthis. It just isn't his damn part. Casting Tom Hanks for Robert Langdon is like casting Anthony Hopkins for Forest Gump.Hanks has done some great roles and all that. This one just shouldn't be his though.

It's disturbing how much Dan Brown's books seem to have in common. The basic building blocks of plot and drama build up for Angels&Demons and Da Vinci code are pretty much the same.

Here is the rought plot of Solomon's Key or whatever his new yet to be released novel is called.  You got it 1st from here folks!!
A religion related murder/Theft has taken place. For some absurd reason it is absolutely essential to haul Robert Langdon at the crime scene as fast as possible!!!
With his super brains and vast knowledge of symbology, Robert immediately  finds clues and trails that would have surely been otherwise missed.a hot,academic and intelligent female also decides to drop by.There is immediately subtle chemistry between her and Langdon.The Hot, Intelligent Female is in middle of personal crisis. Something or someone has been taken away from her.She is also prsonally involved with what ever the hell Robert is trying to solve. Thus, they immediately team up.Soon Langdon and hot, intelligent female meet agent or senior investigator of some sort who is on their side..but only in theory.this agent disapproves Langdons methods strongly  and eventually ends up only slowing Robert and hot intelligent female down on their quest to solve teh great puzzle.The evil senior agent also acts as the bad guy of the book until THE REAL BAD GUY, who has been in shadows thus far reveals himself.
But Oh noes!! time i short. They have 2 days to crack the puzzle lest shit hits the fan in a capital way.So gotta hurry!
Also, a traitor!!! watch out!!

« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 06:58:31 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 08:36:30 AM »

^ hmmmmmm sounds strangley familiar..........  Roll Eyes
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 09:52:16 AM »

Why does'nt Tom Hanks give us what we really want: Bachelor Party 2

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: