Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 09:53:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Download Festival 2007
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Download Festival 2007  (Read 32025 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2007, 08:33:46 PM »

Met some great people at Download last year.
Thanks Tongue Grin

I said people! Cheesy

I also met a Zombie type stoner thing from Manchester! smoking
Really?  I live near Manchester, hey if i'd of met him we could of become stoner brothers...maybe i'll see him this year, although i'm on the straight and narrow now so i don't think we'll get along Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2007, 08:35:11 PM »

As I was looking at the Sunday schedule at this huge billboard and a security guy asks me who I'm looking forward to seeing.

I answered "GN'R" and then he proceeds to ask me if I'm German!

I told him that I wasn't and then he added I should switch to be a British citizen.....  confused

And no I didn't wear any uniform that might've fooled him!  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2007, 05:18:52 AM »

As I was looking at the Sunday schedule at this huge billboard and a security guy asks me who I'm looking forward to seeing.

I answered "GN'R" and then he proceeds to ask me if I'm German!

I told him that I wasn't and then he added I should switch to be a British citizen.....? confused

And no I didn't wear any uniform that might've fooled him!? Tongue

/jarmo

That would be that little moustache just under your nostrils you wore especially for the occasion!  Cheesy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2007, 03:03:12 PM »

Nein, that's not true!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2007, 04:39:45 PM »

Nein, that's not true!

/jarmo

Ja it was.  Wink
I didnt get the knee length silver boots though!  Tongue
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2007, 11:15:22 AM »

im glad to hear from my friends mcr got bottled straight away

html sucks
marty
Rocker

One Vodka For Every Ghost

« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2007, 12:36:29 PM »

even the screens showing a repeat of their set the next day got bottled aparently confused
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2007, 02:54:40 PM »

even the screens showing a repeat of their set the next day got bottled aparently confused

lmao thats awesome, mcr suck!

html sucks
randy marsh
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2007, 06:00:54 PM »

after watching the stream I decided I have to go to download next year  drool who's with me!?  Grin

I wanted the best.. well they didn't fuckin' make it.. so here's what I get:

-----
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2007, 06:41:53 PM »

after watching the stream I decided I have to go to download next year  drool who's with me!?  Grin

id wait until the line up it announced first

html sucks
anythinggoes
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2007, 07:57:50 PM »

I was 4-5 rows from the front for Iron maiden until someone came over the top of me kickin me in the head and nearly knocking me clean out but until then it was amazin if a tad over populated, i think ill head back next year, with a creash helmet. And bottles of piss suck if your going to piss then piss on the floor. Grin
randy marsh
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2007, 05:19:23 AM »

when was the last time that download had a crappy line-up? Wink

I wanted the best.. well they didn't fuckin' make it.. so here's what I get:

-----
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2007, 09:23:30 AM »

when was the last time that download had a crappy line-up? Wink

almost everytime, they only ever have a FEW decent bands

html sucks
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2007, 04:57:55 PM »

Download was great Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Velvet Revolver & Orange Goblin were all on top form!  Studio wise Revolver have never really impressed me but live they really do excel, even then new songs which i did not recognise sounded very good.  As for Crue & Maiden it was great to see them both for the first time, both had solid setlists and it was good having Crue on the 2nd stage, made it much more up close and personal..

Damone, Wolfmother, Dragonforce, Satelitte Party, Megadeth, Bowling For Soup were also a lot of fun, the only low point (beside by hangover on Sunday...) was Hardcore Superstar not showing up rant  Their damn coach fucked up in Germany or something....

As for the person wanting to go, yeah you should it's a great time, wonderful experience, great atmosphere and generally you will like at least a few of the headliners and on the other stages you get the chance to experience plenty of new bands, this was my 4th Download and i have loved 'em all.

Over the years they have had Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica, Guns N' Roses, Iron Maiden, Billy Idol, Black Sabbath, Iggy Pop, Motley Crue.  They always pull out some very good acts and normally when there is an act on one stage you don't like you still have two other stages to view as well as a beer tent! Grin
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2007, 05:11:50 PM »

omg hardcore superstar didnt make it? THAT SUCKS

html sucks
Graciela
Oasis or Westlife, that's the question
Rocker

Show them no fear, show them no pain

« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2007, 07:15:51 AM »

A few notes on Download 2007:

My highlights, musically speaking were Velvet Revolver, Motley Crue and Iron Maiden, even if I had already seen all three bands before. Iron Maiden were huge, and a perfect ending for the weekend. Anyone knows where to download the gig? Being at the front, a little girl like me, you don?t see that much really. I was busy trying to avoid getting kick on the legs, with no much success too? Still fun though.

Orange Goblin were the loudest gig I?ve ever been too. And I?ve been to a fair amount of them. Granted I?m yet to see Motorhead? They toned it down a bit later, but the first 15 minutes were pretty intense. Maybe it was the place where we were standing, right in front of the left speakers, I don?t know, but my whole body was shaking and my heart was pounding so hard that I really thought I would have to get out. I survived.

Big shame Hardcore Superstar didn?t make it. I was also sorry to miss Marilyn Mason, but we wanted to get to the front for Motley Crue on the Dimebag Stage so we decided to give Marilyn a miss. But instead we got to see Satellite Party which was fun, much better than I was expecting.

A funny thing about My Chemical Romance (no, not that? Wink ) I read on the Download myspace I think it was, that the organisers asked them to finish earlier (they were done by 10 pm? Huh ) in order to avoid a clash with Korn fans, since Korn were still playing on the second stage.

We caught the end of Suicidal Tendencies on the third stage. This is a band that I had never really bothered about before, even if a have one of their cd?s lying around somewhere, but they did a really cool thing asking fans to get on stage with them at the end of their set.

Evanescence and Within Temptation?. Hmmm? no, I can?t get into them. Besides, I?m not into women, so I don?t have that special ?reason? to go see them.

Of all the unknown bands we saw, Damone was the best one for me:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=2849097

For those people thinking about going, I?ll say definitely go for it. As Stoned said there?s bound to be at least a few bands you?ll like, and it?s not only the music, it?s the whole weekend experience, the whole atmosphere. Yes, Donington will always be a very special place for me.

Three days of beer, Jack Daniels and Rock N?Roll. Weird, it feels like it was only like a couple of hours?

And, as a wise man once said: ?You know you are drunk when you find yourself dancing to My Chemical Romance?? rofl

Maybe I'll get it right next time...
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2007, 07:27:48 AM »

A few notes on Download 2007:

Three days of beer, Jack Daniels and Rock N?Roll. Weird, it feels like it was only like a couple of hours?

And, as a wise man once said: ?You know you are drunk when you find yourself dancing to My Chemical Romance?? rofl

Funny that. I've never been able to dance to Chemical Romance.....shag yeh, but dance....

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
anythinggoes
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2007, 07:50:40 AM »

Yeah there are also no excuses for selecting them on the jukebox either. And @ Stolat sorry but how the fuck do you shag to that shit.     
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2007, 07:51:52 AM »

Yeah there are also no excuses for selecting them on the jukebox either. And @ Stolat sorry but how the fuck do you shag to that shit.? ? ?

With heaps of dramatic impact dude!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2007, 09:48:22 AM »

Iron Maiden were huge, and a perfect ending for the weekend. Anyone knows where to download the gig?
http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/1202977/Iron_Maiden_Live_2007_06_10_Download_Festival_UK
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: