Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:48:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Slipknot
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slipknot  (Read 30324 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2010, 02:00:05 PM »

SLIPKNOT frontman Corey Taylor says he doesn't want to make any rash statements about the band's future following the recent passing of bassist Paul Gray and is focusing, for the time being, on promoting "Audio Secrecy", the new album from his other band, STONE SOUR.

"It's kind of a gray area right now," Taylor tells in FMQB Productions' radio special, "Inside Stone Sour: Audio Secrecy". "Everybody is still feeling it. It's too soon to tell.

"I'm very conflicted about whether or not I want to do anything with SLIPKNOT, because to me, Paul was such an integral part of the band. He was the whole reason that the band was the way it was... Paul was the glue and the orchestrator behind some of the best music we ever wrote. He was the soul of the band.

"I don't want to make any statements that I'll look like a fool in retrospect, but to me, right now, it just doesn't make sense," Taylor says. "Until it does, that's the way it stays for me. That's why I've been saying it's too soon to tell... you never know."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2011, 03:16:12 PM »

COREY TAYLOR NOT SEEING SLIPKNOT ALBUM FOR A WHILE

Despite comments made by drummer Joey Jordison, vocalist Corey Taylor doesn't see another Slipknot album on the horizon anytime soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl3bxnCyf1U

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2011, 02:30:44 PM »

@CoreyTaylorRock wht do u say to people who think u have sold out with the new stone sour album and christmas song?

Corey Taylor:

@T_shadows1992 honestly? I think it's hilarious. But don't trust me- I'm a sellout haha!

about 19 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry? in reply to T_shadows1992

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2011, 02:37:34 PM »

Stone Sour- Bother(Avanlanche Tour 4/8/11) Paul Gray's Birthday Dedication

San Antonio, Texas. Avalanche Tour 4/8/11. Corey Taylor singing Bother. Dedication to Paul Gray. It was his 39th birthday.
RIP Paul Gray (April 8, 1972- May 24, 2010)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WraxWsAFXIU

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2011, 08:16:00 PM »

Corey Taylor talks about his future with Slipknot

May. 13, 2011

A lot of people ask Taylor if he's excited to perform with Slipknot again. His answer is no, and he's approaching the shows with caution. Just because Slipknot is playing a few gigs doesn't mean a new album or world tour is in the works.

"I hope it goes well, I guess, but at the end of the day, it's about Paul and what he meant to this band and the fans," he said. "People need to stop being so overly eager and let us take this one step at a time. I'm not a guy you want to force into a corner. I'll walk away."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20110514/LIFE/105140301/-1/GETPUBLISHED03/Corey-Taylor-talks-about-his-future-Slipknot

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2011, 01:36:44 PM »

Corey Taylor interview:

He says they're going to be doing another Stone Sour album, he already has 16 songs written.  He says "If I have it my way it's going to be the biggest thing we've ever done."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUSppC2FKyQ

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2011, 04:28:33 PM »

TAYLOR UNSURE SLIPKNOT SUMMER SHOWS ARE A GOOD IDEA

He tells Caller.com he's still struggling with Gray's death and fears Slipknot's summer shows could be his last with the band.
Taylor explains, "There's a part of me that's ready and there's a part of me that's not.

"I have a lot of trepidation about it (concerts). I don't know how to feel. I know a lot of the guys in the band are trying not to show that side, and I can't."
Gray will be replaced by the group's original bassist, Donnie Steele, when it plays festivals in the U.K., Belgium and Brazil - and Taylor is not convinced the gigs will work without his late bandmate.

He adds, "He's irreplaceable. Without Paul Gray, there would have been no Slipknot, and I mean that sincerely... It's strange for me to think about the future of Slipknot without him.

"This tour coming up is definitely going to be like baby steps... It's going to be a long time before I feel OK about it. I'm not saying that I'm not open to it. I'm just saying that I'm not there yet, and I don't know how long it's going to take me to get there. So we're just going to have to see what happens. Only time will tell."

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/251707/Taylor-unsure-Slipknot-summer-shows-are-a-good-idea

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2011, 03:03:45 PM »

Corey Taylor's book is on the NY Times best sellers list:

w/o July 31, 2011

26. THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS, by Corey Taylor (Da Capo)

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2012, 03:04:20 PM »

From an interview with Joey Jordison:

Slipknot ready for Australian fans to go beserk at Soundwave

February 24, 2012

Jordison, who has performed in Murderdolls and with Metallica, Korn and Satyricon, says while the death of Slipknot bassist, founding member and his best friend Paul Gray in 2010 definitely changed the band, they wouldn't split up any time soon.

"It's so tragic and it's horrible, but life has to go on and the last thing (Paul) would ever want is for us to throw in the towel," he says.

"I miss my friend very, very much and no matter what he'll still be on every Skipknot record, spiritually.

"And we have a lot that we've written together that hasn't seen the light of day yet, some monster riffs.

"I will miss him forever but you can't sit and wallow and make excuses for not continuing Slipknot."

Seems singer Corey Taylor hasn't always shared that sentiment, with rumours circulating he wanted to quit the band.

Jordison is quick to hose that down that kind of talk, saying the band was working on new material with Taylor.

"I've been in and out of the studio for about six months now that's on the Slipknot record and also on some solo stuff as well. He (Taylor) does want to keep doing it."
Whoa, wait, solo stuff? Way to change the subject ...

"Yeah, I'm gonna be forming a band in the near future with a lot of the material I've been writing lately,'' he says.

"I don't want to release too much but I have been in the studio and I think people will be pretty surprised at what I come up with it's heavy! But (Slipknot) is all I care about right now. We are one of a kind, for sure.

"No one will ever be like us"

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/slipknot-ready-for-australian-fans-to-go-beserk-at-soundwave/story-e6frfn09-1226281440003

SlashRxR
Rocker

I Will Dare...

« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2012, 01:26:56 AM »

Supposed to be going to Rockstar Mayhem Fest. Any band you guys want me to record audio for? Of course i'm recording Slipknot, Anthrax, and Motorhead. PM if you want me to record a band. Going to the July 1st date!

"Be Bitter, Stay Angry, and Blame Everyone" - W. Axl Rose 2/20/12

10/20/12
10/21/12
08/09/16
11/18/17
08/25/21
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: