Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:31:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Marilyn Manson
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marilyn Manson  (Read 161633 times)
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #200 on: April 16, 2007, 10:59:11 AM »

Mine then, in order:

Mechanical Animals
The Golden Age of Grotesque
Portrait of an American Family
Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death)
Antichrist Superstar
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #201 on: April 16, 2007, 12:56:16 PM »

Mine then, in order:

Mechanical Animals
Antichrist Superstar

wow thats really interesting how u ranked the GAOG and Portrait so high and ACS so low. i like portrait, there are tons of clever and catchy songs on it, but i would def. rank ACS higher, "Man That You Fear" alone beats out everything on GAOG  in my opinion. why do u like GAOG so much?

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #202 on: April 16, 2007, 01:09:32 PM »

GAOG is weak in my opinion.

i'd say, with 2 top songs to prove it

1- Mechanical Animals (i dont like the drugs, user friendly)
2- AntiChrist Superstar (reflecting god, 1996 ... too many)
3- Portrait of an American Family (Lunchbox, Wrapped In Plastic)

4- Holy Wood (King Kill 33 - the end beat is a killer)
5- Goden Age (doll dagga buzz buzz )

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #203 on: April 16, 2007, 02:55:34 PM »

the new single is great!
one of the best song of the year

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #204 on: April 16, 2007, 02:56:18 PM »

new song "if I was your vampire" (not the single) is up on his official myspace

http://www.myspace.com/marilynmanson

edit: myspace player finally loaded, its awesome!! "the hole is where the heart is", i love it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 03:02:55 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #205 on: April 16, 2007, 03:10:51 PM »

^that was great, this album will rawk yes smoking

just found this.. "this is halloween" from the tonight show with jay leno from october 2006 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m-63R2eifs not the best song ever IMO hihi
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 03:30:07 PM by CheapJon » Logged
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #206 on: April 16, 2007, 05:11:20 PM »

that song on his Myspace is fucking great.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #207 on: April 16, 2007, 05:47:35 PM »

Mine then, in order:

Mechanical Animals
Antichrist Superstar

wow thats really interesting how u ranked the GAOG and Portrait so high and ACS so low. i like portrait, there are tons of clever and catchy songs on it, but i would def. rank ACS higher, "Man That You Fear" alone beats out everything on GAOG  in my opinion. why do u like GAOG so much?

You know, I truely don't know why I ranked it so high. I was going to put that in my post, "I dunno why I'm putting this so high but I am." I realize it's a ... controversial album amongst fans, and I have my moods about it, too. I think it just reflects my mood at the moment, it felt right. I generally regard Portrait pretty highly. Nothing they've done has touched Mechanical Animals. I truely like all their albums very much, Antichrist never gelled with me too much though. Always felt like NIN-lite to me. Very intelligent album, but the mix is muddy especially next to Mechanical Animals, and I remember when it first came out how different a sound they came into and how many fans they picked up that I think I'd have rathered they didn't. But that's gonna happen with any band, no matter what. "Man That You Fear" is a beautiful song, agreed. But to answer your question, I've always had a soft spot for the album because I'm really in love with his lyrical patterns and word play and I think it really brought him to a different level musically, although I see how that wasn't a level a lot could really get behind. The subject matter concerning the album was also a conceptual step up from Holy Wood in my opinion. While Holy Wood is gorgeously written and produced, it's sometimes too much of a retread to the Antichrist days for me. Golden Age was something very different. It's still a shame John 5 was so underused, but his contributions, however reserved, will always be a standout to me. And I've always liked Tim Skold whereas I never much cared for Twiggy (on a personal level, he's a very competent player).
That all said, I've listened to "If I Was Your Vampire." I still hate the title and the song is nowhere near what it was initially hyped to be, but it's growing on me and is a step up from the single. I have high hopes for the album.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #208 on: April 16, 2007, 05:48:36 PM »

i like his new song, reminds me of old freaky spaced out manson!

html sucks
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #209 on: April 16, 2007, 08:09:07 PM »

Mine then, in order:

Mechanical Animals
Antichrist Superstar

wow thats really interesting how u ranked the GAOG and Portrait so high and ACS so low. i like portrait, there are tons of clever and catchy songs on it, but i would def. rank ACS higher, "Man That You Fear" alone beats out everything on GAOG? in my opinion. why do u like GAOG so much?

You know, I truely don't know why I ranked it so high. I was going to put that in my post, "I dunno why I'm putting this so high but I am." I realize it's a ... controversial album amongst fans, and I have my moods about it, too. I think it just reflects my mood at the moment, it felt right. I generally regard Portrait pretty highly. Nothing they've done has touched Mechanical Animals. I truely like all their albums very much, Antichrist never gelled with me too much though. Always felt like NIN-lite to me. Very intelligent album, but the mix is muddy especially next to Mechanical Animals, and I remember when it first came out how different a sound they came into and how many fans they picked up that I think I'd have rathered they didn't. But that's gonna happen with any band, no matter what. "Man That You Fear" is a beautiful song, agreed. But to answer your question, I've always had a soft spot for the album because I'm really in love with his lyrical patterns and word play and I think it really brought him to a different level musically, although I see how that wasn't a level a lot could really get behind. The subject matter concerning the album was also a conceptual step up from Holy Wood in my opinion. While Holy Wood is gorgeously written and produced, it's sometimes too much of a retread to the Antichrist days for me. Golden Age was something very different. It's still a shame John 5 was so underused, but his contributions, however reserved, will always be a standout to me. And I've always liked Tim Skold whereas I never much cared for Twiggy (on a personal level, he's a very competent player).
That all said, I've listened to "If I Was Your Vampire." I still hate the title and the song is nowhere near what it was initially hyped to be, but it's growing on me and is a step up from the single. I have high hopes for the album.

well thats an interesting take on it, i understand where u are coming from.

these songs are good but when all the reviews kept comparing this new album to the personal tracks of Mechanical Animals, i guess i set my standards a little high. lyrically these two songs don't touch the emotional tracks from? MA like "Speed of pain", "last day on earth", "coma white", "fundementally loathsome" etc..

but theres still the rest of the album so we'll see. i just fear manson is maybe at his best when he has a concept to work with, like the concept records of AS, MA, and HW.

GeraldFord
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2007, 11:19:16 PM »

I just put on GAOG for the first time in years and it's way better than I remember. The title track kicks ass!
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #211 on: April 16, 2007, 11:27:19 PM »

I just put on GAOG for the first time in years and it's way better than I remember. The title track kicks ass!

yeah thats a fun song, i also dig new shit, spade, and vodevil. the guitar solo in para noir also kicks ass. the rest of the album ranges from bad to medioccre in my opinion.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #212 on: April 18, 2007, 04:05:33 AM »

tim skolds good....in shotgun messiah, i dunno if he gels with manson.

well in my opinion he didnt do a good job on Golden Age of Grotesque, theres barely any memorable basslines on that record.

but on this new album he plays guitar and bass, and the new single sounds great. so maybe he'll redeem himself with this new record.
Bass lines don't make an album great!!!

Unless u are FLEA of course. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
zosobob6
Rocker

« Reply #213 on: April 18, 2007, 09:54:32 PM »

http://rapidshare.com/files/26717544/st_petersburg_1996.part1.rar.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/26725564/st_petersburg_1996.part2.rar.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/26733411/st_petersburg_1996.part3.rar.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/26738366/st_petersburg_1996.part4.rar.html

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #214 on: April 18, 2007, 10:46:23 PM »

Cool!

I know what Jarmo thinks about this matter, but it would be very cool to have a sub-section inside ''Appetite For Collection'' (or at least a sticky thread) where to put other bands downloads.

Thank you very much. How's the quality?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
zosobob6
Rocker

« Reply #215 on: April 18, 2007, 11:02:34 PM »

Cool!

I know what Jarmo thinks about this matter, but it would be very cool to have a sub-section inside ''Appetite For Collection'' (or at least a sticky thread) where to put other bands downloads.

Thank you very much. How's the quality?

prolly a B+  beer

« Reply #216 on: April 18, 2007, 11:52:35 PM »

Without Twiggy, it just isn't the same.

I'm sorry to argue such a trivial issue but I think you're vastly over-estimating Twiggy's contributions. He wasn't much of a bass player, let alone a musician. The guitarists of the band have always had much more influence on the sound and quality of Manson's albums. Twiggy's most impressive set of Manson credits came on Antichrist, which was clearly more Trent Reznor's shining hour than Twiggy's.

On topic; the song on myspace is pretty good. Sounds unfinished though. Is it a demo or what?
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #217 on: April 19, 2007, 12:51:10 AM »

I thought it had a rough, demo sound to it, too. Anyway, I guess the video for Heart-Shaped Glasses just leaked not too long ago. Universal's been tearing it down. Anyone have it or seen it yet?
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #218 on: April 19, 2007, 04:03:35 AM »

thx but what does this have to do with GNR? I'm a Manson fan but this is a GNR forum ok this one isn't even a proshot Sad

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #219 on: April 19, 2007, 04:11:23 AM »

I thought it had a rough, demo sound to it, too. Anyway, I guess the video for Heart-Shaped Glasses just leaked not too long ago. Universal's been tearing it down. Anyone have it or seen it yet?

the songs great though aint it, very 80s sounding, like gary numan or something.

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: