Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:54:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227773 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Marilyn Manson
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marilyn Manson  (Read 160916 times)
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #280 on: May 08, 2007, 11:30:22 PM »

It's ... different. It grows on me. I'm not fond of the absence of the band members aside from some silhouettes and shadows. I can make out Skold, but where's Pogo? Anyway, "Coma White" is definately one of my favorite Manson videos as well. I was just watching it earlier tonight.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #281 on: May 09, 2007, 01:05:57 AM »

sorry i was in a bad mood tonite and felt like dissing something, plus i was just really dissapointed in the music video, its not "shit", its just not up to his standards.? i think he could have done a much better job thats all.

oh and about what u said about pogo, he wasnt involved at all with the album making process so maybe they didn't bother including him in the video...

and yeah coma white was fucking amazing..... actually,  everything about Mechanical Animals was fucking amazing.

what i liked about the Man That You Fear music video was how it loosely based on that short story "the lottery" about a backwards town that had this stupid tradition of stoning someone to death every year. i liked how it kind of represented how he was being treated at the time by the christian right and how sooo many people blindly followed along in bashing and criticizing him because it was the "cool" thing to do and simply because they didnt take the time to understand him. just like the people in the town didnt take the time to think "wait a minute, this is wrong!!"

at least thats my take on the video, and i think that was at least part of what he was getting at...*shrugs*
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 01:19:25 AM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #282 on: May 09, 2007, 02:01:14 AM »

this video was useless.
especially that extended version with 1.30 mins of love making.

GnFnR87. it IS sh*t.

Juanjay
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #283 on: May 09, 2007, 02:05:57 AM »

the album is good, its got solos galore believe it or not. I like 9 of the songs a lot. The other two (including the single) are lame. The album sleeve sucks and I don't like the art work.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #284 on: May 09, 2007, 02:30:10 AM »

sorry i was in a bad mood tonite and felt like dissing something, plus i was just really dissapointed in the music video, its not "shit", its just not up to his standards.  i think he could have done a much better job thats all.

oh and about what u said about pogo, he wasnt involved at all with the album making process so maybe they didn't bother including him in the video...

and yeah coma white was fucking amazing..... actually,  everything about Mechanical Animals was fucking amazing.

what i liked about the Man That You Fear music video was how it loosely based on that short story "the lottery" about a backwards town that had this stupid tradition of stoning someone to death every year. i liked how it kind of represented how he was being treated at the time by the christian right and how sooo many people blindly followed along in bashing and criticizing him because it was the "cool" thing to do and simply because they didnt take the time to understand him. just like the people in the town didnt take the time to think "wait a minute, this is wrong!!"

at least thats my take on the video, and i think that was at least part of what he was getting at...*shrugs*

Hey, being in a bad mood is alright. My girlfriend of 2 1/2yrs and I pretty much sealed the end of our relationship today, I'm incredibly sick, and I had to go and direct a theatre piece from a script I'd written and had already committed to (but I had to drop out of the awards ceremony afterwards and the after-party). I think seeing the new Manson video actually brightened the day, although I agree it's not up to his standards. Very well filmed though. Still not into this whole Evan Rache Wood thing, and I think the video goes the "let's hurt Dita" route way too far too often. I liked Dita. A lot. Before Manson, too. I agree about Man That You Fear, that's always how I interpreted it. Sad video, and song really. I'm not as into Antichrist as a lot of fans though, kinda skipped that one over. Loved Portrait, then Mechanical Animals sort of defined the band. When Antichrist came out of course I like the album but ... not my favorite, at all. Man That You Fear is a highlight, however.
Sad to hear about Pogo. I had assumed he was involved, but this shocks me. He was the last one left.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #285 on: May 09, 2007, 05:00:00 AM »

the album is good, its got solos galore believe it or not. I like 9 of the songs a lot. The other two (including the single) are lame. The album sleeve sucks and I don't like the art work.

i dig the "pop" songs of the CD ( red carpet grave and putting holes).
rest is boring.
Manson is, i'm sorry, no good when he tries to be serious. He is good when he makes people dance.

On the video, i really would love to hear what's so good about it?
it is non-existent.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #286 on: May 09, 2007, 01:41:49 PM »

it's all black to me? Huh
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #287 on: May 09, 2007, 02:11:14 PM »

You guys who I guess caught the video too late at that link, try this out:
http://marilynmanson.com/media/vid.html

EDIT: You might have to give that one a minute to load up past black. It must be getting a lot of traffic.
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #288 on: May 11, 2007, 12:48:36 AM »

manson looks all emo in that video-  Angry

who thinks they're really screwing at the begining too?  it would'nt surprise me if they were- shes a little slut.
GeraldFord
« Reply #289 on: May 16, 2007, 10:51:58 PM »

Does anyone know where I can find a audio file of the new song?
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #290 on: May 16, 2007, 11:06:46 PM »

Does anyone know where I can find a audio file of the new song?

u mean the single Heart Shaped Glasses? i can send it to u if u want...

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #291 on: May 17, 2007, 12:38:37 AM »

manson looks all emo in that video-? Angry

who thinks they're really screwing at the begining too?? it would'nt surprise me if they were- shes a little slut.
yeah disgusting video..

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #292 on: May 18, 2007, 12:17:11 AM »

You know, with the exception of Anti-christ Superstar and Mechanical Animals, I haven't listened to any new Manson in years, but I'm diggin' the new album.  It just has a cool feel to it. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #293 on: May 18, 2007, 01:19:18 AM »

This new album is good. I truthfully can't say there is a track I don't like on it .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #294 on: May 18, 2007, 02:18:42 AM »

yeah its pretty solid. i also think the tite track is one of the best songs he's ever recorded.

von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #295 on: May 31, 2007, 01:53:06 AM »

Hey, is anyone going to see Manson at the DCU Center in Worcester this August? I'd head down to see it, but I really really wish they weren't touring with Slayer. Now I like Slayer mind you, but I don't feel like getting my fuckin ribs broken by a bunch of burly, sweaty 80s metalhead throwbacks who're going less for Slayer and more to put the pain on dem faggy Merlin Manson fans. So if anyone here is going, let's meet up there we'll take the fuckin bar. I hope Manson plays before Slayer (they're not, but... you know). I've gone to a fair share of mixed concerts, hardcore and black metal shows you know. It's not the music, it's the fans. It's Slayer fans. That's all. I've seen a lot heavier than Slayer, which isn't hard to do, but most of those bands don't have fans who shoot kids with pellet guns from the back of a pickup, you know what I mean? Anyway, would be cool if anyone else here was going. hihi peace
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #296 on: May 31, 2007, 11:24:01 AM »

I like the new album more and more each day!

Putting holes in happiness & Evidence are amazing!
GeraldFord
« Reply #297 on: May 31, 2007, 08:21:16 PM »

Hey, is anyone going to see Manson at the DCU Center in Worcester this August? I'd head down to see it, but I really really wish they weren't touring with Slayer. Now I like Slayer mind you, but I don't feel like getting my fuckin ribs broken by a bunch of burly, sweaty 80s metalhead throwbacks who're going less for Slayer and more to put the pain on dem faggy Merlin Manson fans. So if anyone here is going, let's meet up there we'll take the fuckin bar. I hope Manson plays before Slayer (they're not, but... you know). I've gone to a fair share of mixed concerts, hardcore and black metal shows you know. It's not the music, it's the fans. It's Slayer fans. That's all. I've seen a lot heavier than Slayer, which isn't hard to do, but most of those bands don't have fans who shoot kids with pellet guns from the back of a pickup, you know what I mean? Anyway, would be cool if anyone else here was going. hihi peace

I hear ya dude:

Manson w/GNR  ok
Manson w/NIN  ok
Manson w/Metallica  ok
Manson w/Motley Crue  ok
Manson w/Slayer  no
GeraldFord
« Reply #298 on: June 02, 2007, 02:44:58 AM »

I haven't listened to the new CD yet, but I am pretty excited. Can't wait to get it on Tuesday.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #299 on: June 04, 2007, 09:04:10 AM »

I too am looking forward to picking this album up tomorrow.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: