Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:19:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Marilyn Manson
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marilyn Manson  (Read 160032 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #400 on: January 10, 2008, 01:49:33 PM »

in one day i've read 152 pages! (and i'm not finished with reading this day i'll at least another 50 before i go to bed i think)

some stuff is a bit daunting but some stuff make me laugh out loud, like the way his feelings for this Lisa abruptly changed? rofl

while reading i today thought, it would be awesome if manson and twiggy got together then i log onto myspace and read this:

Marilyn Manson and Twiggy Ramirez Have Reunited.

The duo that started it all, are back together to finish where they left off. The two who co-wrote Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, and Holywood will be sharing the stage once again.

Joining Manson and Twiggy onstage for the U.S. leg of the Rape of the World Tour will be Chris Vrenna, Rob Holliday, and Ginger Fish. Tim Skold has amicably split with Manson, but future collaborations aren't being ruled out between the two.

Expectations for the upcoming tour are best described by quoting one of Manson's most infamous lyrics, "Everyone will suffer now". Looks like the shit is gonna hit the FANS.

a bit shame about Sk?ld leaving but still this is fucking cool
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #401 on: January 10, 2008, 02:06:54 PM »

WOW, Twiggy is back? this is GREAT news. hes the best songwriter mansons had. (Zim Zum being a close second) they better record another album together!!!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 04:04:03 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #402 on: January 10, 2008, 02:13:25 PM »

why did skold leave?

ammicabely what does that mean, good or bad?

html sucks
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #403 on: January 10, 2008, 02:17:04 PM »

why did skold leave?

its good, it means it was a peaceful/friendly split.

Amari2677
Headliner

« Reply #404 on: January 10, 2008, 02:29:22 PM »

All he needs now is to fall back in Reznor's good graces.

I'm free of all the chains we held together...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #405 on: January 10, 2008, 02:29:45 PM »

i thought he had done, back in 2000?

html sucks
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #406 on: January 10, 2008, 03:43:09 PM »

i thought he had done, back in 2000?

But then apparently fell out of again. I'm happy to hear this news, it's really big and hopefully a change will be good to revitalize Manson. Not that he needed it in my opinion. Skold is a top class producer and songwriter and probably Manson's best guitarist to date (for Manson ... John 5 is the more talented player).
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #407 on: January 10, 2008, 04:32:48 PM »

Anyone going to hammerstein show on 29th?
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #408 on: January 11, 2008, 12:19:51 AM »

Skold is a top class producer and songwriter and probably Manson's best guitarist to date (for Manson ... John 5 is the more talented player).
Be that as it may..every single album since Skold came in and Twigs left has been medioce at best. When it comes  to EMDM, by mediocre I mean utter shit.
So yay, Twiggy returning just might give Manson the kick in the ass he needs.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #409 on: January 11, 2008, 12:28:01 AM »

I couldn't disagree more, and I'm a fan since about '94. I've watched all the changes. Eat Me, Drink Me is a phenomenal work, and Golden Age is for whatever reason highly underrated. Eat Me, Drink Me is Manson's best album since Mechanical Albums (their best album). I respect Golden Age for Manson's innovative wordplay and intertwining of obscure lyrical themes alone. I think you had to already be familiar with the art movements in Weimar Germany or the Da Da aesthetic to really appreciate that album. Post-Twiggy, Manson's albums have become more personal and less catered to a specific fan base. They've become more challenging. If you disagree, that's fine and I don't need to do some point counterpoint here, it's not an interest of mine. I'm just telling you how I feel, personally, about these works.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #410 on: January 11, 2008, 12:44:44 AM »

i wouldnt call  mansons post twiggy material "utter shit" althought i did find golden age quite lacking. Eat Me Drink Me is a solid record in my opinion as well.

but i think we can all agree that Mechanical Animals is his best. i love that album so damn much. and twiggy was a large part of why it was so great. although it is arguable who did more as far as songwriting for that record, Zim Zum or twiggy, its probably twiggy tho.

LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #411 on: January 11, 2008, 02:38:49 AM »

I couldn't disagree more, and I'm a fan since about '94.I respect Golden Age for Manson's innovative wordplay and intertwining of obscure lyrical themes alone.

Well..I could disagree a lot more. Mechanical Animals being my fav album as well and everything. GAOG is indeed very innovative when it comes to clever  word plays. And that, in my opinion is everything there is to  be found on that entire record. 

Musically it is some sort of a pile of anti-creativity. There is absolutely nothing interesting,  exiting or memorable  happening anywhere on the album. Title track and first 6 seconds of Vodeville being very notable exceptions.
It sounds like it is put together by someone who has been hired with job description: "write 16 tracks of  loud  industrial hard rock."
This someone wakes up at 8, goes to studio at 9, does his thing with the punch card, writes loud  industrial hard rock until it is 16.00. goes home, opens tv  and  tries to forget he has a job until it is 8 a.m again.

Music on the record has no innovation or desire to  achieve anything on it's own.  Music just says "ok I have Marilyn Manson singing over me about dumbo dressed in drag  flying over pre-world war germany and how the entire scene is clever comparison of being a celebrity who is ass fucking a japanese nazi  schoolgirl.  So. Why the fuck should *I* even try"  Then it(the music) just sighs and  starts going blahblahblahblah on the background of Manson's singing.

I think you had to already be familiar with the art movements in Weimar Germany or the Da Da aesthetic to really appreciate that album. 
I think you are playing the Matrix reloaded - card. Smiley
When you reach a point where it takes reading very impressive 12  page by fans for fans -  essays  on Manson forums  with enough rambling  on philosophy and history of dadaism and what the fucking ever to earn you a  bachelor's degree until you can force yourself into liking a particular album..then it's just that, you forcing yourself into liking it.

If you disagree, that's fine and I don't need to do some point counterpoint here, it's not an interest of mine. I'm just telling you how I feel, personally, about these works.

Oops^^
 I just like bitching about the MM albums I don't like.
 If you disagree, that's fine and I don't need to do some point counterpoint here, it's not an interest of mine. I'm just telling you how I feel, personally, about these works.

but i think we can all agree that Mechanical Animals is his best. i love that album so damn much. and twiggy was a large part of why it was so great. although it is arguable who did more as far as songwriting for that record, Zim Zum or twiggy, its probably twiggy tho.

yeah, MA is indeed amazing piece of work. And very brave thing to release in post ACSS state of career, imo. I always have lots of respect towards Manson for everything MA related <3
It was ridiculous how many critics and fans alike bashed the album when it came out. And supposedly still do. And how people blamed Manson from "selling out" when he just..moved on, he could have just released ACSS II there, but did not.
I think I recall reading Manson tried to get David Bowie to produce it? *that* would have been someting. (Not that I had any idea of how good/bad producer Bowie is but the cool factor would have been massive!

i wouldnt call  mansons post twiggy material "utter shit" althought i did find golden age quite lacking. Eat Me Drink Me is a solid record in my opinion as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX1fqMGQWtI
 Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

It took ages to get past ever hearing that alone after the obligatory initial "woohoo new music from artist I like" heat had died.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 02:50:35 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #412 on: January 11, 2008, 03:11:17 AM »

why did skold leave?

skold was shown the door because twiggy is back

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #413 on: January 11, 2008, 04:13:55 AM »

It's funny you should call it The Matrix Reloaded card. You know, I'm not that guy as much as you want to make me him. I've never forced myself to like anything, and being the fan of Mechanical Animals that I am, you can understand my disappointment in Holywood. That said, I'd always been a fan of Tim Skold, from Shotgun Messiah to his solo album to KMFDM/MDFMK. When he joined Manson, no one else knew who the hell he was, but I did and I thought it was something pretty special. Clearly, not everyone's into the type of industrial rock Skold's known for. Others aren't fans of John 5's writing. Ironically I did write a 12 page piece on Golden Age and it's artistic influences. Being fairly well informed and well versed in the types of artistic expression and the movements covered within the context of the album, because I actually drank absinthe and appreciated da da and the underground Weimar burlesque culture before Manson made it trendy to his fashionably challenged little n00b fans who aspire to become him, it's a piece I'm rather proud of. I can tell you don't like Skold's production or maybe that vein of industrial music, but don't discredit my background knowledge on those works or my ability to dissect them as anything but an overzealous fanboy, which I'm not.

Oh, and I'm not that huge a Matrix fan, but Reloaded is my favorite of the trilogy. Yeah, I used to be a theology student, I know you must hate me by now hihi
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #414 on: January 11, 2008, 09:36:00 AM »

i think everything manson has done since mechanical animals has been great, animals is my favouriote album but i love each album after it, they all sound different and they all have some great stand out songs.

The new stuff, while tamer, still keeps the "weirdness" he had and he still has some very interesting songs, I liked heart shaped glasses when i first heard it and i still do.

While i preffer manson with a more metal industrial edge, ive not disliked much of his work.

His earlier stuff, anti christ and before is a mess in my opinion.

I know many will disagree on the statement about anti christ, personally i think people only bum it because trent reznor worked on it. Frankly i couldnt give a shit what trent did with manson as manson is clearly capable of making strong albums without him.

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #415 on: January 11, 2008, 09:39:13 AM »

in addition, thought i just had.

Skold played guitar for manson now, so why couldnt he have stayed on gutiar, twiggy on bass as usual.

Then youd get a ultra ownage album?

html sucks
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #416 on: January 11, 2008, 09:58:34 AM »

While I enjoy Eat Me, Drink Me for the most part, I have to confess that the drum parts really suck.

I don't know if it's just the way the album was mixed or what, but the drums are incredibly dull, and repetitive throughout the album.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #417 on: January 11, 2008, 10:06:12 AM »

While I enjoy Eat Me, Drink Me for the most part, I have to confess that the drum parts really suck.

I don't know if it's just the way the album was mixed or what, but the drums are incredibly dull, and repetitive throughout the album.

they are a tad tame compared to the various drum beats and added sample drum beats manson did on previous albums.

html sucks
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #418 on: January 11, 2008, 01:31:17 PM »

in addition, thought i just had.

Skold played guitar for manson now, so why couldnt he have stayed on gutiar, twiggy on bass as usual.

Then youd get a ultra ownage album?

thats actually a good point..... i dont know why skold had to leave....

and, about Antichrist Superstar, i didnt like it much either for the longest time, until it just clicked. i still think its a TAD overrated but its a great album. i def. prefer Mechanical Animals over it tho, thats Mansons crowning achievement in my opinion.

Chief
Legend

« Reply #419 on: January 11, 2008, 01:34:43 PM »

i just heard that the band Ours is opening for Manson on the current tour... if anyone's going check them out, they are awesome!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: