Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:20:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Marilyn Manson
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marilyn Manson  (Read 160054 times)
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #560 on: May 28, 2009, 09:28:41 AM »

i find fan bases strange.

on festival forums, and metal forums. This album is hated.

on gnr forum its loved. I wonder what the difference is.

the album isn't the stereotype of the genre, so people hate it, and metal fans are probably the worst for this.

for example look at what happens everytime metallica do something new, i mean really how many times have they been called sell outs now.

...and justice for all (sold out for making video)
black album (sold out for making shorter songs)
Load (sold out for going more rock)
Re-Load (sold out for staying more rock)
S&M (sold out for working with an orchestra)
St. Anger (sold out for no solos)

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
GeraldFord
« Reply #561 on: May 28, 2009, 09:31:07 AM »

Yes, but that album really does suck.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #562 on: May 28, 2009, 10:31:28 AM »

Yes, but that album really does suck.
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Blunt repleis can always be hilarious.

Well yeah but i guess it depends on the type of metal fan. Some are complete douchebags i agree, like one that had a youtube argument with. So petty so annoying. When i listed Marilyn Manson as an artist i liked to him. He described me as "a little emo shit" for listening to Marilyn Manson and that i needed to slit my wrists and die next to manson.... no

Wasnt aware manson was emo...

html sucks
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #563 on: May 31, 2009, 03:55:52 PM »

pick up the new Manson album the other day...ehhhh, i think its over.  Well most would say it has been over for him since early 2003 but Im pretty sure the well is dry is finally tapped out.  Ive held out hope for the last 6 years but I think im done with this band.  Sad really because I used to LOVE this band.  I tried to figure out why I was bored out of my mind when listening to this album then I saw a Rolling STone review, and it is one of the few times I actually agree with them.  THis is what they said...

"At a time when extreme sex and violence are available 24/7/365 at the click of a mouse, Devil Incarnate is a career choice that pays increasingly diminishing returns. But Marilyn Manson still wants the gig. In 1996, refrains like "You're as pretty as a swastika" and "It's Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin'-geddon" might have raised a few hackles, but in 2009 those lyrics hold little shock value"

couldnt agree more...
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #564 on: June 01, 2009, 07:43:29 AM »

I haven't heard anything from the new album, but I loved the last album, Eat Me Drink Me. I think it was some of Marilyn's best-written stuff. Everybody else in the world seemed to hate it, calling it boring because it wasn't as in-your-face metal as Marilyn's older stuff. I actually think I prefer it to Manson's earlier sound, though.

I was afraid that he'd try to appease the masses and resort to his older style since Eat Me Drink Me was so poorly received. But, hearing that so many people hate his newest effort, I have I feeling I'll end up loving it.

Here Today . . .
GeraldFord
« Reply #565 on: June 01, 2009, 09:41:41 AM »

I haven't heard anything from the new album, but I loved the last album, Eat Me Drink Me. I think it was some of Marilyn's best-written stuff. Everybody else in the world seemed to hate it, calling it boring because it wasn't as in-your-face metal as Marilyn's older stuff. I actually think I prefer it to Manson's earlier sound, though.

I am a huge fan of EMDM. Loved the sparse, stripped down sound and the Sabbath Bloody Sabbath -like riffs and sythns. I also liked hearing a more personal, honest side of Manson.

"At a time when extreme sex and violence are available 24/7/365 at the click of a mouse, Devil Incarnate is a career choice that pays increasingly diminishing returns. But Marilyn Manson still wants the gig. In 1996, refrains like "You're as pretty as a swastika" and "It's Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin'-geddon" might have raised a few hackles, but in 2009 those lyrics hold little shock value"

I don't agree with this assessment. If he were just trying to "shock" (a word that is wayyy overused by the press) he would be using far more provocative titles (like Cannibal Corpse) and it would long since of gotten old. Rather, Manson's new album is a good combination of interesting social commentaries and more personal reflections. I like the brooding, almost at times bluesy sound of the album and feel it's a fine addition to the MM catalogue.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 09:58:11 AM by Mooninites » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #566 on: June 01, 2009, 10:39:05 AM »

I think people still view him as the "shock rocker Marilyn Manson".

It's unfortunate.

Because people seem to review his music on what it's not instead of what it is.

Same goes for plenty of other bands whose records are reviewed based on what they aren't.... It's like, you don't expect the Rolling Stones to sound exactly like they did in the 60s today. So why should others still be exactly what they were years ago?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #567 on: June 02, 2009, 03:37:32 PM »

you know, I like NIN as much as the next guy, but Reznor has really been running his mouth a lot for a guy who hasn't put a good record out since "The Fragile" in 1999.  I have agreed with just about all of the things he has said about his fellow artists in recent months including his assessment on Manson, but enough already.

Trent Reznor says Manson has become "a dopey clown."

Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor has spoken out against his former prot?g? Marilyn Manson, calling the shock rocker ?a dopey clown? in a new interview with Mojo. According to Spinner, Reznor had some harsh words for the Antichrist Superstar, saying, ?He is a malicious guy and will step on anybody?s face to succeed and cross any line of decency. Seeing him now, drugs and alcohol now rule his life and he?s become a dopey clown.?

Reznor indicates tension between the pair began during NIN?s The Downward Spiral tour in 1994. ?During the Spiral tour we propped them up to get our audience turned on to them and at that time a lot of the people in my circle were pretty far down the road as alcoholics. Not Manson,? Reznor told Mojo. ?His drive for success and self-preservation was so high, he pretended to be fucked up a lot when he wasn?t.?

?Starfuckers, Inc.,? the scathing, celebrity-bashing track on 1999?s The Fragile, was rumored to be partially about Manson, but their friendship seemed to be rekindled when Manson himself appeared in the video ? even though Reznor is seen throwing Manson?s Mechanical Animals album in the toilet. ?Things got shitty between us and I?m not blameless. The majority of it though was coming from a resentment guy who finally got out from under the master?s umbrella and was able to stab him in the back,? Reznor said.

The Manson critique is one of several Reznor has lodged in the past few months. Earlier this year, Reznor engaged in a Twitter battle with Chris Cornell after offering a less-than-enthusiastic review of Cornell?s album Scream. Prince and Weezer?s Rivers Cuomo were also recent targets of Trent?s criticism. Reznor?s comments toward Manson were perhaps spurred on by the release of The High End of Low, which received a two-and-a-half star review from Rolling Stone. ?He used to be the smartest guy in the room. And as a fan of his talents, I hope he gets his shit together,? Reznor said.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #568 on: June 02, 2009, 04:27:03 PM »

I quite like the record yes
GeraldFord
« Reply #569 on: June 03, 2009, 08:34:40 AM »

you know, I like NIN as much as the next guy, but Reznor has really been running his mouth a lot for a guy who hasn't put a good record out since "The Fragile" in 1999.

I don't agree at all. I thought YZ was one of his best albums and WT and the slip were great.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #570 on: June 04, 2009, 03:14:56 PM »

you know, I like NIN as much as the next guy, but Reznor has really been running his mouth a lot for a guy who hasn't put a good record out since "The Fragile" in 1999.

I don't agree at all. I thought YZ was one of his best albums and WT and the slip were great.

Im not saying those albums suck..im just saying he is not putting out his best material lately either, and seems very critical of other artists.  Gave the new Manson a few more listens...its not as bad as I originally thought..its a grower..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #571 on: June 04, 2009, 03:19:50 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8077246.stm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NXhwSxyIpo

no

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #572 on: June 04, 2009, 03:47:08 PM »

he is absolutely  fucked there.

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #573 on: June 09, 2009, 01:31:09 PM »

Manson speaks out about school shootings

June 9, 2009

In a world exclusive interview in tomorrow's Kerrang! magazine, Marilyn Manson speaks out against school shootings, or rather him being blamed for them.

"If there was a Grammy Award for death toll, it would be mine," Manson told Kerrang! "Blaming me for Columbine was ridiculous. It's a lack of responsibility from everyone. If you want to blame something, well, I went to Christian school. That's why I write what I write. Shall we blame the Christians?"

The Double M says that being linked to the Columbine massacre essentially ruined his career.

"I lost everything because of Columbine," continues. "There has to be that first person who takes the arrows in the back and I guess that was me."

For the full interview, be sure to pick upa copy of this week's Kerrang! magazine.

http://www2.kerrang.com/2009/06/manson_speaks_out_about_school.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #574 on: June 09, 2009, 02:03:48 PM »

June 9, 2009

In a world exclusive interview in tomorrow's Kerrang! magazine, Marilyn Manson speaks out against school shootings, or rather him being blamed for them.

"If there was a Grammy Award for death toll, it would be mine," Manson told Kerrang! "Blaming me for Columbine was ridiculous. It's a lack of responsibility from everyone. If you want to blame something, well, I went to Christian school. That's why I write what I write. Shall we blame the Christians?"

The Double M says that being linked to the Columbine massacre essentially ruined his career.

"I lost everything because of Columbine," continues. "There has to be that first person who takes the arrows in the back and I guess that was me."

For the full interview, be sure to pick upa copy of this week's Kerrang! magazine.

As much as I love Manson (and always thought it was BS he got pulled into shit like this) the ONLY people who lost everything because of Columbine were the families of the victims. Don't even try to tell me that his records didn't get a bit of a sales boost everytime he was mentioned on the news.

Axl is God.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #575 on: June 10, 2009, 11:51:10 AM »

June 9, 2009

As much as I love Manson (and always thought it was BS he got pulled into shit like this) the ONLY people who lost everything because of Columbine were the families of the victims. Don't even try to tell me that his records didn't get a bit of a sales boost everytime he was mentioned on the news.

Yea I agree. I think Manson lost a lot with his poor albums following Mechanical Animals. Hollywood was good I thought too. But the album before this last one only had one good song "THis is the new shit." The rest of that album I thought really sucked. I have to admit though, this new one is a pretty good rocker. I enjoy listening to it but, none of the songs really leave a very strong impression. Its weird, everytime I take a departure from Chinese Democracy,listening to the new Eminem album or now with the new Manson album, I go back to Chinese Democracy and it blows me the fuck away all over again. So far, nothing I have heard comes anywhere near the excellence of GNR's "new shit."

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #576 on: June 11, 2009, 12:04:12 AM »

June 9, 2009

Yea I agree. I think Manson lost a lot with his poor albums following Mechanical Animals. Hollywood was good I thought too. But the album before this last one only had one good song "THis is the new shit." The rest of that album I thought really sucked. I have to admit though, this new one is a pretty good rocker. I enjoy listening to it but, none of the songs really leave a very strong impression. Its weird, everytime I take a departure from Chinese Democracy,listening to the new Eminem album or now with the new Manson album, I go back to Chinese Democracy and it blows me the fuck away all over again. So far, nothing I have heard comes anywhere near the excellence of GNR's "new shit."
I've been doing the same thing Buddha. Nothing comes close to CD in recent years.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #577 on: July 30, 2009, 10:05:35 AM »

Ok, anyone catched his recent bloggings? hihi

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
alex420gnr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #578 on: July 30, 2009, 01:01:08 PM »

Manson is a has-been - been done for a long-time - one-trick pony

I guess if you are gay and into satan, nazis, mutilation - he is cool then

Manson is for losers and people dissillusioned with life - oh, and he has no taste

complete washed up drug addict - the world would be better off if he killed himself like that actor in Thailand with that sex act

Manson - please go away
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #579 on: July 30, 2009, 01:04:38 PM »

hes made some great music in the past.

But now hes just a mess, weak music, and a weak mind. Drugs have taken there toll on him.

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: