Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:57:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Marilyn Manson
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marilyn Manson  (Read 160028 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #300 on: June 04, 2007, 12:53:03 PM »

love the new design cd case.....

Have to say this album is the most average album ive ever heard

It makes unremarkable look remarkable

The songs have no spark at all.....
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 04:57:20 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #301 on: June 04, 2007, 05:37:03 PM »

totally disagree, i think its a great album.

html sucks
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #302 on: June 04, 2007, 05:39:05 PM »

This coming from a man who is all but jerking his schlong, over a movie about robotic cars. hihi
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 05:41:41 PM by Timothy » Logged

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #303 on: June 04, 2007, 08:55:54 PM »

Dave Navarro's review, straight from 6767.com:

"I never do record reviews but I figured, at least you know what I like and what my influences are. Based on that, you can decide if you want to even consider my opinion... I always thought that readers should know where a reviewer is coming from before giving any review validity. I was just checking out the new Manson: Eat Me, Drink Me and at first, I was trippin... I was like... Huh? Being such a huge Antichrist fan, I guess I wanted more of that, but then again we have that record already, thank God. After getting into it deeper, I decided I love it. The album is a lot more stripped back production wise than the last few and way more "song" oriented. I would even venture to say that there are some serious New Wave elements to the new collection of songs, especially in the guitar department. Lyrically the songs are dark as to be expected but they are sometimes within musical structures that are by far the least ominous of all the previous Manson sonics. Vocally, he is on point... It's always good to hear that guy sing no matter what it's over, provided you are already a fan as I am. Melody wise, it's pretty much business as usual, but Manson's strong suit hasn't always been melody, it's been attitude, lyrical content and delivery... I think he still delivers here. Eat Me, Drink Me is a major musical departure from the usual Manson trip, in terms of the band and production, but it is a definite must have for the die hard fan. The album seems to maintain a moderate tempo throughout which can at times, grow tiresome to some, but at the same time, it makes for good in your face driving music or good background music. The same statement can be made about my last work with The Panic Channel, so in no way is that a dig. I will be purchasing this album for sure"

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
GeraldFord
« Reply #304 on: June 04, 2007, 10:59:19 PM »

Too bad Navaro hasn't made a good album since 1990...
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #305 on: June 04, 2007, 11:44:42 PM »

I enjoyed Navarro's solo album, but his contributions to Mechanical Animals leave him well qualified above the rest. Blabbermouth had the nerve to give the album a 5/10, with the same sarcastic bullshit almost every review (save Navarro's) is filled with. Rolling Stone gave it a 3/5 even though they've been swinging from Manson's balls for the past few months promoting it. They basically bash the shit out of his personal life for the first 90%, then praise the album for the last 10%. I give it a 5/5, 10/10, it's one of Manson's best. Hasn't left my iPod since it leaked and I'll be there to pick up my copy first chance I get tomorrow.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #306 on: June 05, 2007, 12:24:39 AM »

That's a matter of opinion, and this isn't the thread for that opinion.

Beyond the obvious above...

It's very interesting to get another artists viewpoint, I'm not sure if any other rock star going gets the respect of his peers as much as Manson does.

Manson is flat outout brilliant, the whole package.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 12:26:44 AM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
GeraldFord
« Reply #307 on: June 05, 2007, 01:43:55 AM »

That's a matter of opinion, and this isn't the thread for that opinion.

Beyond the obvious above...

It's very interesting to get another artists viewpoint, I'm not sure if any other rock star going gets the respect of his peers as much as Manson does.

Manson is flat outout brilliant, the whole package.

I don't see what makes another "artist" opinion of a CD more valid than anyone else.

But hey, that's my opinion...

I would disagree with you that Manson is brilliant, however.

Reznor, Bowie, Lennon. Brilliant..

Manson? Not so much.

He's a great frontman, great personality, etc., but when when it comes to making great music, Reznor, Twiggy, Zim-Zum, John 5, Corgan (a ghostwriter on MA) have carried Manson his whole career.

That said, I'll be picking the new CD up today. Looking forward to what he has in store.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 01:53:38 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #308 on: June 05, 2007, 06:20:04 AM »

According to MansonUSA.com, Austin Scaggs of Rolling Stone magazine recently conducted an interview with Marilyn Manson. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

Rolling Stone: What did Evan's [Rachel Wood, Manson's 19-year-old girlfriend] parents think of the ["Heart-Shaped Glasses (When the Heart Guides the Hand)"] video [featuring several soft-core sex scenes starring Manson and Evan]?

Manson: Well, I had to have a drink with Evan's mother and father. The main thing that needs to be established is that I might share my life with her, but that does not incriminate her in my behavior. So if I want to go dig a hole and bury my genitals in it, that doesn't mean she dug the hole. Basically, I'm not as bad in the way they'd like to think I am. But I'm bad in a different way. I'm always going to be bad. More bad than Michael Jackson, but that's probably not a good comparison, considering.

Rolling Stone: They'd obviously be concerned with what she's up to around you.

Manson: Absolutely. I'm not surprised by that. But I found a strange ironic similarity with what her father said to me and what my dad said to Evan, which was, "If you break his heart, I'll kill you," or something along those lines.

Rolling Stone: You always have a unique woman with you, whether it's Rose McGowan or Dita Von Teese or Evan. What separates Evan, in a professional sense?

Manson: Evan was a real catalyst to help me realize that I wasn't delivering the message that I always stood for. And if you were to speak about her talent and personality, she's the most unique, stand-alone person who doesn't need a relationship with me to further her career. If anything, I could only take away from it.

Rolling Stone: You've shocked plenty of people. Growing up, what shocked you?

Manson: The shootings at Kent State ? because I grew up in Ohio and could probably ended up going to Kent State. I grew up very afraid of war, and for the oddest reasons. I wasn't afraid of dying as much as I was really afraid of getting my hair cut. It might sound funny, but it's really true.

Rolling Stone: You received death threats after the Columbine massacre. What was the scariest moment?

Manson: I had just been interviewed by Michael Moore [for "Bowling for Columbine"]. I was going to perform at Mile High Stadium in Denver, where if someone wants to kill you, you're dead, that's all there is to it. I was being followed around by about twenty plainclothes police officers. Everyone, my family and loved ones, so to speak, begged me not to do it, but they knew I had to.

Rolling Stone: Your European tour will hit a former monastery in Slovenia. Who booked that?

Manson: Everyone who's with me now are people that have actually stood by me after a really hard period in my life, and my manager, and the people who arrange the tours, are tying to accommodate my happiness. So when a show like that comes up, it's pretty irresistible. The question shouldn't be: "Why is Marilyn Manson playing a monastery in Slovenia?" It should be: "How are we going to get naked girls and chimpanzees in there?" That said, I'm not into interspecies erotica.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=73792
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #309 on: June 05, 2007, 12:11:45 PM »

I don't see what makes another "artist" opinion of a CD more valid than anyone else.

It doesn't, I just found it interesting

I would disagree with you that Manson is brilliant, however.

Manson? Not so much.

He's a great frontman, great personality, etc., .

I think his brilliance lies beyond the above, he's a multi faceted artist whose talents aren't limited to music only.

And I echo your sentiments, I'm looking very forward to what he has in store as well. beer

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

GeraldFord
« Reply #310 on: June 05, 2007, 12:37:41 PM »

Ok, I picked it up this morning and gave it a spin. I think it's really good. As others have said it's more stripped down, more meat-and-potatoes. I think also it's his most personal album--more of Brain Warner's album than that of the Manson persona. Maybe not quite as good as AS/MA/HW, but still a solid CD.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #311 on: June 05, 2007, 12:47:13 PM »

weakest cd with hollywood.

at least golden age had a "theme/ambiance" ....

GeraldFord
« Reply #312 on: June 05, 2007, 12:50:36 PM »

weakest cd with hollywood.

at least golden age had a "theme/ambiance" ....

HolyWood is his best album, IMHO.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #313 on: June 05, 2007, 05:26:59 PM »

Im only four songs in, and I really like it so far.

First song really doesn't do much for me though Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #314 on: June 05, 2007, 07:05:12 PM »

Really loving this album.

The last 3 songs are kinda' weak, but as a whole, the album is damn good.

"Putting Holes in Happiness" is my favorite song so far.

Wicked guitar solo ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #315 on: June 06, 2007, 08:55:21 AM »

MARILYN MANSON recently performed his latest single, "Heart-Shaped Glasses", on the U.K. TV show "Popworld". Watch the performance online at YouTube.

The video for "Heart Shaped Glasses" features several softcore sex scenes between Manson and his teen actress girlfriend Evan Rachel Wood. The song comes off the shock-rocker's sixth studio album, "Eat Me, Drink Me", which came out yesterday (June 5).

Manson will begin a co-headlining tour with SLAYER on July 25 in West Palm Beach, Florida.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMO_qq_oup0

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=74040
sandman
Legend

« Reply #316 on: June 06, 2007, 09:45:12 AM »

any word on who is taking the stage first, Manson or Slayer?

i'm hoping slayer closes the show as they are a very difficult act to follow.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #317 on: June 06, 2007, 01:40:51 PM »

I know this isn't exactly 1998, but there's no way in hell Manson would ever "open" for Slayer. I'm sorry Slayer fans. It's only half to do with popularity, and the other half is prolly Manson's own ego (no dis to Manson, I wouldn't open for Slayer in his position either).
sandman
Legend

« Reply #318 on: June 07, 2007, 01:20:28 PM »

I know this isn't exactly 1998, but there's no way in hell Manson would ever "open" for Slayer. I'm sorry Slayer fans. It's only half to do with popularity, and the other half is prolly Manson's own ego (no dis to Manson, I wouldn't open for Slayer in his position either).

you're probably right. manson is commercialized and more of a "pop" artist.

i just hope things don't get ugly at these shows. there are segments of each fan base that hates the other.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #319 on: June 07, 2007, 01:56:05 PM »

I absolutely love the new album.

Eventhough the first half is alot stronger than the second half, its a great record.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: