Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:48:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  r ob i n update / statement
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: r ob i n update / statement  (Read 48664 times)
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2007, 12:27:22 AM »

Im not denying that Tommy is really hurt. I am sure he is.

But Robin seems fed up.

I am from Kentucky and people overseas will not get this analogy at all but some in the US may.

Kentucky is the craziest College basketball State in the United States. we have 23,000 people show up JUST to watch practice.

anyhow we had this amazing coach that rebuilt our program and made us one of the greatest programs in NCAA history.
he leaves to coach a PRO team and we get a new coach.

That new coach won a championship his first year but after that the Fans hated him because he wasn't the old coach we had and loved.

Even though he won 26 out of 35 games a year, we ran him off and he quit this year.

No matter how great he did he was never fully appreciated and embraced.

Robin reminds me of this. No matter how much he kicks ass, no matter how great he plays, no matter how great he is to the fans, no matter how many awesome riffs and solos he comes up with, He will never be fully accepted and appreciated.

The fact that 6 years after Rock In Rio he is still playing predominantly Slash and Izzy riffs and solos has to frustrate and piss him off as a creative and proud guitar player.

I think he is getting fed up with Guns N Roses and the delays.

And honestly, I can't say I'd blame the guy.

I mean its been almost a decade and the guy has nothing to show for all his hard work.

good post . I think u may have a point too. Robin and the rest of the new guys have to be a little flustered about playing  mostly other people stuff rather then their own.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2007, 12:28:49 AM »

good post . I think u may have a point too. Robin and the rest of the new guys have to be a little flustered about playing? mostly other people stuff rather then their own.

Then why would they be replacements in GNR  Roll Eyes
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2007, 12:30:07 AM »

good post . I think u may have a point too. Robin and the rest of the new guys have to be a little flustered about playing  mostly other people stuff rather then their own.

Money , build up a name for them selves....take your pick from those and a million other reasons.

bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2007, 12:30:59 AM »

good post . I think u may have a point too. Robin and the rest of the new guys have to be a little flustered about playing? mostly other people stuff rather then their own.

Then why would they be replacements in GNR? Roll Eyes

Well, any sane person would think at this point they wouldn't be looked at as replacements, that they might have some of their own material to stand on by now. If they had a couple CDs under their belt, the replacement tag would be gone. But, almost a decade later, they still don't have anything to show for their efforts.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2007, 12:34:44 AM »

Well, any sane person would think at this point they wouldn't be looked at as replacements, that they might have some of their own material to stand on by now. If they had a couple CDs under their belt, the replacement tag would be gone. But, almost a decade later, they still don't have anything to show for their efforts.

No... There will always be people who will never accept these guys... Face it... I'm not one of them of course... But if they're frustrated over being seen as playing other guys parts, they shoulda never joined...

If they're frustrated over the fact they cant get 1 album out... Then yeah, I understand that
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2007, 12:38:00 AM »

No... There will always be people who will never accept these guys... Face it... I'm not one of them of course... But if they're frustrated over being seen as playing other guys parts, they shoulda never joined...

If they're frustrated over the fact they cant get 1 album out... Then yeah, I understand that

at the start of this thing I doubt it wouldn't have been a problem but now . ..they are still playing a set that is made up of stuff that others help created. with very little of stuff the have created.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2007, 12:40:23 AM »

look at the facts:

1) Axl failed to deliver the album in 06
2) they cancel some jan shows so he can wrap the baby up and give it a proper release
3)remember that appearance they made with societys elite? who wasnt there playing bass?
4) now he breaks his hand?
5)robins lil memo

i really feel bad for tommy and robin...whether this end the way i think or not...this is way out of line now...axl is mentally ill

1)  Yes, Axl failed to deliver the album in '06.  That's done now.  Why cry over spillt milk?  They've moved forward and made progress towards completing the album.  The recording loose ends have been tied up and the album is fully on to mixing and mastering.
2)  Yes, they cancelled some shows so they could work on the record.  That was certainly unfortunate.
3)  Tommy had a personal emergency that night.  That was stated on GN'R's website and there is no reason to doubt that.  He has a daughter, maybe something was going on with her that he had to take care of?  Maybe it's nothing sinister like you think?  If there really was something to that, why was he at the rehearsals for the Japan tour?
4)  People get injured all the time.  Axl was in a brace at the beginning of the UYI tour, remember?
5)  Robin's little memo expresses his frustration with the cancelling of the shows/postponement of the shows.  Nothing more.

Axl is mentally ill?  What college did you get your psychology degree from?

The bastard who murdered all those people last week at Va Tech was mentally ill.  Get some perspective, man, c'mon.

Ali
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2007, 12:42:55 AM »

I'm sure when Robin and Tommy joined the band, the plan was to basically start this new kickass band just using an old name and create this great album, and if it turned out alright, tour behind it and then create subsequent albums. Back in '97, if you told Robin that in 10 years, there would still be no album and that he'd still be playing AFD on every tour, he'd think you were lying. I'm a huge, huge fan of Robin, and have talked to him a couple of different times, and he actually introduced me to someone who changed my life, but that's neither here nor there. I just hope and pray that Robin can tough it out and wait for the album. Besides Axl, I'll bet money that Robin will be the main driving force on the album and I hope he gets to be the hero he deserves to be someday...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Ali
Legend

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2007, 12:44:21 AM »

But Robin seems fed up.

I am from Kentucky and people overseas will not get this analogy at all but some in the US may.

Kentucky is the craziest College basketball State in the United States. we have 23,000 people show up JUST to watch practice.

anyhow we had this amazing coach that rebuilt our program and made us one of the greatest programs in NCAA history.

That new coach won a championship his first year but after that the Fans hated him because he wasn't the old coach we had and loved.

Even though he won 26 out of 35 games a year, we ran him off and he quit this year.

Robin reminds me of this. No matter how much he kicks ass, no matter how great he plays, no matter how great he is to the fans, no matter how many awesome riffs and solos he comes up with, He will never be fully accepted and appreciated.

The fact that 6 years after Rock In Rio he is still playing predominantly Slash and Izzy riffs and solos has to frustrate and piss him off as a creative and proud guitar player.

I mean its been almost a decade and the guy has nothing to show for all his hard work.

I don't doubt that he is getting frustrated and fed up.  But, getting fed up is not the same as being ready to quit.

You guys don't think that Axl is frustrated by how hard it's been to make this record and try and get it out?  He called it a "nightmare" if you need a hint.

Ali
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2007, 12:48:13 AM »

1)? Yes, Axl failed to deliver the album in '06.? That's done now.? Why cry over spillt milk?? They've moved forward and made progress towards completing the album.? The recording loose ends have been tied up and the album is fully on to mixing and mastering.
2)? Yes, they cancelled some shows so they could work on the record.? That was certainly unfortunate.
3)? Tommy had a personal emergency that night.? That was stated on GN'R's website and there is no reason to doubt that.? He has a daughter, maybe something was going on with her that he had to take care of?? Maybe it's nothing sinister like you think?? If there really was something to that, why was he at the rehearsals for the Japan tour?
4)? People get injured all the time.? Axl was in a brace at the beginning of the UYI tour, remember?
5)? Robin's little memo expresses his frustration with the cancelling of the shows/postponement of the shows.? Nothing more.

Axl is mentally ill?? What college did you get your psychology degree from?

The bastard who murdered all those people last week at Va Tech was mentally ill.? Get some perspective, man, c'mon.

Ali

explanation after explanation...excuse after excuse....

in the end what do u have?...

no finished product

You guys don't think that Axl is frustrated by how hard it's been to make this record and try and get it out?  He called it a "nightmare" if you need a hint.

there have been a zillion albums released. this isnt rocket science. Axl knows how to release an album. it might very well be a nightmare. But he has the power to wake the fuk up and do what he needs to do and get it out. now bam. not tomorrow not 3 months from now not a yr from now. now. get up make phone calls and bam....at this point its that easy. maybe not a few yrs ago but it is now

axl doesnt get any sympathy until he releases the album...stop with the lame excuses its old news
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 12:52:23 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2007, 12:53:48 AM »

at the start of this thing I doubt it wouldn't have been a problem but now . ..they are still playing a set that is made up of stuff that others help created. with very little of stuff the have created.

I can agree there...

ya know guys... I thought the next shows after the cancelled dates were only like a week after... But now I notice they're over a month away.. I have a BAD feeling GNR will be silent up until a few days before those shows and then pull the plug... God this next month is gonna suck  Undecided Undecided Undecided
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2007, 12:55:17 AM »

But Robin seems fed up.

I don't doubt that he is getting frustrated and fed up.? But, getting fed up is not the same as being ready to quit.

You guys don't think that Axl is frustrated by how hard it's been to make this record and try and get it out?? He called it a "nightmare" if you need a hint.

Ali

It's a nightmare of his own making, mostly. Time to move forward before he can't.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2007, 12:57:32 AM »

1)  Yes, Axl failed to deliver the album in '06.  That's done now.  Why cry over spillt milk?  They've moved forward and made progress towards completing the album.  The recording loose ends have been tied up and the album is fully on to mixing and mastering.
2)  Yes, they cancelled some shows so they could work on the record.  That was certainly unfortunate.
3)  Tommy had a personal emergency that night.  That was stated on GN'R's website and there is no reason to doubt that.  He has a daughter, maybe something was going on with her that he had to take care of?  Maybe it's nothing sinister like you think?  If there really was something to that, why was he at the rehearsals for the Japan tour?
4)  People get injured all the time.  Axl was in a brace at the beginning of the UYI tour, remember?
5)  Robin's little memo expresses his frustration with the cancelling of the shows/postponement of the shows.  Nothing more.

The bastard who murdered all those people last week at Va Tech was mentally ill.  Get some perspective, man, c'mon.

Ali

no finished product

That's true, but we will one day sooner rather than later.  Until then life will go on for all of us and none of what's going on with GN'R has anything to do with anyone on these forums.  So, I don't take it so damn personally like I'm owed something.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2007, 12:59:16 AM »

But Robin seems fed up.

I don't doubt that he is getting frustrated and fed up.  But, getting fed up is not the same as being ready to quit.

Ali

It's a nightmare of his own making, mostly. Time to move forward before he can't.

You don't know how much of it is his making and how much of it isn't.  You have no idea and you're speaking out of turn.  None of us knows anything about what has really gone on behind the scenes.  That's the only fact here.

Ali
ben9785
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2007, 01:00:07 AM »

Ok you guys come on now.. This has gone past Robin's letter and is about the past.

1) The cancelled January shows were addressed in a statement about a month before the shows
2) The release date posted was only TENTATIVE and that's the first time they gave any release date, regardless of the duration of the album
3) Tommy wasn't at the VERSACE gig because of personal problems that was made clear
4) Tommy broke his hand due to an unfortunate ACCIDENT.
5) ROBIN'S MESSAGE WAS JUST IN SYMPATHY BECAUSE HE IS DISAPPOINTED THAT FANS MISS OUT THAT'S ALL. NO secret message, NO inner dispute, NOTHING.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2007, 01:01:03 AM »

great man...even better guitarist.  hope he sticks around a while...
Ali
Legend

« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2007, 01:04:11 AM »

Ali

no finished product

there have been a zillion albums released. this isnt rocket science. Axl knows how to release an album. it might very well be a nightmare. But he has the power to wake the fuk up and do what he needs to do and get it out. now bam. not tomorrow not 3 months from now not a yr from now. now. get up make phone calls and bam....at this point its that easy. maybe not a few yrs ago but it is now

axl doesnt get any sympathy until he releases the album...stop with the lame excuses its old news

I'm not saying Axl deserves sympathy.  I'm just trying to illustrate the only clear and plain fact that has not been put out in a statement by GN'R on GN'R:  NONE of us have any idea what is going on with the band and the making of the record behind the scenes now or at any time in the past.  We never have and we never will. 

I think making a record may be simple, but getting it out?  Not as simple in this case.  I think there are factors at play in this record's release that none of us know about and they are complicating things greatly.

Ali
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2007, 01:07:10 AM »

You don't know how much of it is his making and how much of it isn't.? You have no idea and you're speaking out of turn.? None of us knows anything about what has really gone on behind the scenes.? That's the only fact here.
so how can u say...
)? Yes, Axl failed to deliver the album in '06.? That's done now.? Why cry over spillt milk?? They've moved forward and made progress towards completing the album.? The recording loose ends have been tied up and the album is fully on to mixing and mastering.
2)? Yes, they cancelled some shows so they could work on the record.? That was certainly unfortunate.
3)? Tommy had a personal emergency that night.? That was stated on GN'R's website and there is no reason to doubt that.? He has a daughter, maybe something was going on with her that he had to take care of?? Maybe it's nothing sinister like you think?? If there really was something to that, why was he at the rehearsals for the Japan tour?
4)? People get injured all the time.? Axl was in a brace at the beginning of the UYI tour, remember?

I think making a record may be simple, but getting it out?  Not as simple in this case.  I think there are factors at play in this record's release that none of us know about and they are complicating things greatly
sorry but again its not rocket science//axl had from 96-2002 to figure out all the legalities of releasing a gnr album...and if thats not enough...he had another 3-4 yrs to get it done when the album was even closer....

Axl cant let go..its as simple as that..nothing more nothing less..he just cant let go...and until proven otherwise...THATS A FACT

Ok you guys come on now.. This has gone past Robin's letter and is about the past.

1) The cancelled January shows were addressed in a statement about a month before the shows
2) The release date posted was only TENTATIVE and that's the first time they gave any release date, regardless of the duration of the album
3) Tommy wasn't at the VERSACE gig because of personal problems that was made clear
4) Tommy broke his hand due to an unfortunate ACCIDENT.
5) ROBIN'S MESSAGE WAS JUST IN SYMPATHY BECAUSE HE IS DISAPPOINTED THAT FANS MISS OUT THAT'S ALL. NO secret message, NO inner dispute, NOTHING.

one day u will see the light

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 01:11:41 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Ali
Legend

« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2007, 01:11:41 AM »

You don't know how much of it is his making and how much of it isn't.  You have no idea and you're speaking out of turn.  None of us knows anything about what has really gone on behind the scenes.  That's the only fact here.
so how can u say...
)  Yes, Axl failed to deliver the album in '06.  That's done now.  Why cry over spillt milk?  They've moved forward and made progress towards completing the album.  The recording loose ends have been tied up and the album is fully on to mixing and mastering.

My point was that no one knows exactly how much of the delays in the release of this record is solely Axl's fault and what isn't his fault.  But, yes, Axl did not turn in a record in 2006.  But, how much of that was his fault is something none of us will ever know.  To say otherwise is speculation, nothing more.

Ali
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2007, 01:14:20 AM »

sorry not buying it....maybe del james can one day "tell" us how it really is.... sike

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: