Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 12:44:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228069 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  tour. album
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: tour. album  (Read 30023 times)
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2007, 02:40:25 PM »

Hey guys, lots of things changed between 2000 and now.
Do you really think GNR are working on the same stuff they were 7 years ago ?

They just have their own lives and do what they wanna do.

Music is like that, you can't force anybody to release something if he doesn't want to. There's nothing to talk about.

Chinese Democracy will be released when it's released. That's all.

It'll be out one day. Stop waiting, stop expecting anything. It'll happen and it'll be cool ! No matter how long it takes. There's a lot of other good music out there !

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2007, 02:40:31 PM »

Same set list and same new songs.

Wow. ?Somebody has a time machine.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2007, 02:41:16 PM »

I hardly consider 10+ years to make an cd "rushing"...?

Another one who doesn't get it.

I don't believe it....

I even spelled it out for Danny and you still don't get it?

Ok, here's one more:

Imagine you build a mansion from scratch. You spends years planning, getting permits, building and funding it.

Then you paint it neon pink because you can't wait a few more months to get the color you want. They're all out and won't get more until the end of the summer.

So there you sit in your pink mansion and you hate the place because the fucking color sucks.

You rushed it at the end and paid the price.

I don't expect any of you to get that either because the house took years to build so how could it be rushed....? hihi

/jarmo

If my contracter told it is going to take 16yrs to build my house because he didn't want to rush it, I think I would find someone else. ?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2007, 02:41:33 PM »

If my contracter told it is going to take 16yrs to build my house because he didn't want to rush it, I think I would find someone else. 

Maybe you should!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2007, 02:42:41 PM »

Sorry Lucs, according to these people we are wrong and they've been working on the same songs since 1993.

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Kallyopia
Headliner

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2007, 02:44:14 PM »

Sorry Lucs, according to these people we are wrong and they've been working on the same songs since 1993.

hihi

/jarmo

so we will have the workest best song of ever  hihi

Hi Lucs ^^
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2007, 02:44:39 PM »

I guess I am basing that from what songs they mentioned from the last update. ?They mentioned Madagascare, Better and IRS I believe. ?
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2007, 02:46:09 PM »

I know they aren't working on the same songs they were working on in 1993.  But according to your mansion metaphor, the neon pink house "fucking sucks".  So you're saying everything they've been working on up until now "fucking sucks" (or at least that the current state of the album "fucking sucks").  If in 16 years the best that Axl can do "fucking sucks", then how can we expect something decent in the future?

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2007, 02:47:09 PM »

It just changed. Don't mean that it sucked. Just let GNR do what they wanna do... you can't change anything anyway. Complaining is useless.

Hey Kendra Wink Kiss

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2007, 02:47:15 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Danny on Today at 02:40:31 PM

I guess I am basing that from what songs they mentioned from the last update. ?They mentioned Madagascare, Better and IRS I believe. ?

It still didn't say they would NOT play any new songs. ?Nor did it say they would NOT play any other old songs. ?The last update didn't list the entire setlist. ?

Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2007, 02:52:41 PM »

If record of Chinese Democracy is done why don't give us the set-list at least... Why is everything confuse about this damned album..

I don't know, but I think that CD don't go out this year...  crying

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2007, 02:54:54 PM »

If record of Chinese Democracy is done why don't give us the set-list at least... Why is everything confuse about this damned album..
Why should they ? They'll do it when they want to Smiley

I don't know, but I think that CD don't go out this year...  crying
Well, then it'll be later. There's a new Megadeth this week, a new Ozzy in some weeks, and lots of other good CDs ! Cool

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2007, 02:56:08 PM »

I know they aren't working on the same songs they were working on in 1993.  But according to your mansion metaphor, the neon pink house "fucking sucks".  So you're saying everything they've been working on up until now "fucking sucks" (or at least that the current state of the album "fucking sucks").  If in 16 years the best that Axl can do "fucking sucks", then how can we expect something decent in the future?

No. I said, just because you're close doesn't mean you have to say "fuck it, let's just get it done as soon as possible".

/jarmo

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2007, 02:58:45 PM »

I hardly consider 10+ years to make an cd "rushing"...?

Another one who doesn't get it.

I don't believe it....

I even spelled it out for Danny and you still don't get it?

Ok, here's one more:

Imagine you build a mansion from scratch. You spends years planning, getting permits, building and funding it.

Then you paint it neon pink because you can't wait a few more months to get the color you want. They're all out and won't get more until the end of the summer.

So there you sit in your pink mansion and you hate the place because the fucking color sucks.

You rushed it at the end and paid the price.

I don't expect any of you to get that either because the house took years to build so how could it be rushed....? hihi

/jarmo

If my contracter told it is going to take 16yrs to build my house because he didn't want to rush it, I think I would find someone else. ?

I don't think Axl should paint his house neon pink either.? no

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2007, 03:05:14 PM »

Why should they ? They'll do it when they want to Smiley

I don't know, but I think that CD don't go out this year...? crying
Well, then it'll be later. There's a new Megadeth this week, a new Ozzy in some weeks, and lots of other good CDs ! Cool

I envy your passive attitude, but at least would be a good way to show gratefulness to so many loyal fans...

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2007, 03:05:27 PM »

As for the "building a house" analogy, I have to say this: if the contractor was taking an especially long time I would like to be given updates on the progress. ?

However, I don't like that comparison for one main reason: building a house is not art. ?It's usually pre-determined what it's going to look like, how long it's going to take, and how much it's going to cost.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2007, 03:06:26 PM »

As for the "building a house" analogy, I have to say this: if the contractor was taking an especially long time I would to be given updates on the progress. 

yes, they would give updates to the homeowner.   in this case that would be universal.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2007, 03:08:44 PM »

As for the "building a house" analogy, I have to say this: if the contractor was taking an especially long time I would to be given updates on the progress.?

yes, they would give updates to the homeowner.? ?in this case that would be universal.

and the ceiling fans wouldnt know what was goin on, they wouldnt be updated at all no

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2007, 03:09:12 PM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 03:05:27 PM
As for the "building a house" analogy, I have to say this: if the contractor was taking an especially long time I would to be given updates on the progress. ?

yes, they would give updates to the homeowner. ? in this case that would be universal.

Not necessarily. ?I would say that the "customers" would be the people who would want the updates in both situations. ?But again, I think I should reitterate that building a house is NOT like creating an album. ?Usually things aren't nearly as pre-determined with an album. ?It's an art, not construction.

VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2007, 03:10:14 PM »

The contractor would also lose business... maybe the analogy isn't too far off?

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: