Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:38:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227782 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  <<<<< THE OFFICAL I HATE THE YANKEES THREAD >>>>>>>
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: <<<<< THE OFFICAL I HATE THE YANKEES THREAD >>>>>>>  (Read 7714 times)
deadflowerII
« on: April 30, 2007, 07:34:31 PM »

I hate the new york yankees....I love rooting against them!!!!Does any team in the history of any sport waste more $$$$$ on over the hill shit talent!!!????They are the Oakland Raiders of baseball!They are gonna suck for a long time! beer

#1...Atlanta Braves
                                         #2...who ever is playing the Yankees that night peace
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 08:14:10 PM »

Your argument has so many flaws. The Oakland Raiders of baseball? Lets examine that one first. The raiders have won a title how many times? The yankees have won 26. The yankees have won the division title every year since 98. For a team that sucks thats pretty damn good if you ask me. Ok they haven't won it all since 2000. All that proves is how hard it is to win a championship. Saying they're gonna suck for a long time they'd have to start sucking first. I know you'll say they do right now and thats true but c'mon its april!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 11:35:11 PM »

rofl the raiders of baseball CLASSIC beer

actually i don't watch alot of baseball and even I hate them they suck horibly. I used to like this one team but to be honest i forgot there name Embarrassed rofl

go............................uhhhhh................... Braves i think.......maybe

btw if your a Cardinal fan i'm sorry for your lose no to soon

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
deadflowerII
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 06:43:43 AM »

The Jeter era started w/ the yankees building from the ground up w/ minor league talent10 yrs. ago...thats fine......for the last 6 yrs. the 'boss' has fucked up almost every transaction they have made.The 'boss' goes after big names that are a year or two past their prime.....like al davis they are both old have lost there marbels!!             
I believe that the YES network still calls itself 'HOME OF CHAMPIONS'.....WHAT???  It's been half a decade and counting.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 07:27:57 AM »

The Jeter era started w/ the yankees building from the ground up w/ minor league talent10 yrs. ago...thats fine......for the last 6 yrs. the 'boss' has fucked up almost every transaction they have made.The 'boss' goes after big names that are a year or two past their prime.....like al davis they are both old have lost there marbels!!             
I believe that the YES network still calls itself 'HOME OF CHAMPIONS'.....WHAT???  It's been half a decade and counting.

They are starting to get back to that though now that Cashman has more control. They've got a better farm system then they've had even a year ago.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 04:53:56 PM »

The only issue is, as long as George isn't under a suspension no one is going to have true control of that franchise.
Sure they have won 26 Championships, but how many of them were won while George had a say.?.?.? As soon as he balloned their spending and grabing either over the hill players or players that can't form a "TEAM" in the truest sense of the word they have blown up when it counts.

I know that philosphy well, I'm a Red Sox fan... and for years we were know as the team with 40 players and 40 cabs. No one spoke to anyone, we were known for having players like Jim Rice, who was the least personable player in baseball durring his career (which is costing him what should be a reserved spot in the HOF) and that wasn't just directed towards fans and media... he didn;t talk to half of the club house. Team chemistry is bigger than most people give credit... and the way they are currently constructed the Yankees will not survive a playoff series.
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 09:55:41 PM »

As a lifelong Mets fan, all I can say is, fuck the Yankees!!  I hate them sooo much.  And this Roger Clemens bullshit.  I can't believe they're gonna pay him that kind of money for four months.  One man can't win a championship.  He'll only pitch every fifth day.  They're still in trouble.

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 01:52:35 PM »

When the braves win their 27th championship, and ursurp the title (or, more likely, if the Montreal Canadians can hit 27 before the Yanks do), you can grouse about the team, who have won more professional sports championships than any other team, in any sport, ever, calling their network "Home of champions". 

Oh, and last time I checked...AL East Champ, and AL Champ, both count as championships.  MLB says so, anyway.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 02:28:52 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 02:11:10 PM »

The only issue is, as long as George isn't under a suspension no one is going to have true control of that franchise.
Sure they have won 26 Championships, but how many of them were won while George had a say.?.?.? As soon as he balloned their spending and grabing either over the hill players or players that can't form a "TEAM" in the truest sense of the word they have blown up when it counts.

I know that philosphy well, I'm a Red Sox fan... and for years we were know as the team with 40 players and 40 cabs. No one spoke to anyone, we were known for having players like Jim Rice, who was the least personable player in baseball durring his career (which is costing him what should be a reserved spot in the HOF) and that wasn't just directed towards fans and media... he didn;t talk to half of the club house. Team chemistry is bigger than most people give credit... and the way they are currently constructed the Yankees will not survive a playoff series.

George is not really part of day to day operations like he used to be.  The man is, by all reports, VERY sick.  Yes, he keeps his thumb on the pulse, but this year, he's not driving the boat like he used to.

George has owned the team since Jan of '73.  They've won 10 penants and 6 World Series titles in that time frame....all while George was NOT banned. That's about 23% of the total...and surely significant.   I don't think any one team has won more WS titles in that time frame..... He's also owned the team longer than any other entity has owned the Yanks.  Say what you want about him (and people will and do, that's for sure) but the man loves the Yankees....and does what he needs to  (or thinks he needs to) to make them successful.

George has always spent money to bring in high priced talent.  For every Jeter and Bernie Williams you want to point to, you can as easily point to a Wade Boggs or Roger Clemens.  The farm system has given them some good talent recently, too (Wang, Cano, and even Melky...though he's having a tough start this year).  Yes, they have the highest payroll in the business...but Jeter and Pettite are right at the top of that list right along with A-rod and Giambi.

Team chemistry seems to have gotten MUCH better this year.  You can see them in the clubhouse, postgame, and in the dugout during the game.  There's lots more talking, back slapping, etc going on this year.  Are they out carousing after the games?  Maybe not...but then again, I'd be shocked to learn that Paul O'Neil, Jimmy Leyritz, and Jeter were off socializing after the games in '96.

But, I'm not surprised by the criticism.  When you're as dominant as the Yanks have been over the last decade....you inspire a lot of jealousy  in the fans of the opposing teams.  Nobody wants to give them credit for being GOOD....they want to find excuses as to WHY they're good so they can minimize their success.  That's OK.  Go ahead if it makes you feel better.  But as much as you want to assert the Yankees "suck"...my question is, if that's true, what does that say about all the teams that have NOT been as successful as them?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 02:17:24 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 06:28:40 PM »

George is not really part of day to day operations like he used to be.  The man is, by all reports, VERY sick.  Yes, he keeps his thumb on the pulse, but this year, he's not driving the boat like he used to.

George has owned the team since Jan of '73.  They've won 10 penants and 6 World Series titles in that time frame....all while George was NOT banned. That's about 23% of the total...and surely significant.   I don't think any one team has won more WS titles in that time frame..... He's also owned the team longer than any other entity has owned the Yanks.  Say what you want about him (and people will and do, that's for sure) but the man loves the Yankees....and does what he needs to  (or thinks he needs to) to make them successful.

George has always spent money to bring in high priced talent.  For every Jeter and Bernie Williams you want to point to, you can as easily point to a Wade Boggs or Roger Clemens.  The farm system has given them some good talent recently, too (Wang, Cano, and even Melky...though he's having a tough start this year).  Yes, they have the highest payroll in the business...but Jeter and Pettite are right at the top of that list right along with A-rod and Giambi.

Team chemistry seems to have gotten MUCH better this year.  You can see them in the clubhouse, postgame, and in the dugout during the game.  There's lots more talking, back slapping, etc going on this year.  Are they out carousing after the games?  Maybe not...but then again, I'd be shocked to learn that Paul O'Neil, Jimmy Leyritz, and Jeter were off socializing after the games in '96.

But, I'm not surprised by the criticism.  When you're as dominant as the Yanks have been over the last decade....you inspire a lot of jealousy  in the fans of the opposing teams.  Nobody wants to give them credit for being GOOD....they want to find excuses as to WHY they're good so they can minimize their success.  That's OK.  Go ahead if it makes you feel better.  But as much as you want to assert the Yankees "suck"...my question is, if that's true, what does that say about all the teams that have NOT been as successful as them?

I couldn't have said it better myself.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 06:49:58 PM »

George is not really part of day to day operations like he used to be.? The man is, by all reports, VERY sick.? Yes, he keeps his thumb on the pulse, but this year, he's not driving the boat like he used to.

George has owned the team since Jan of '73.? They've won 10 penants and 6 World Series titles in that time frame....all while George was NOT banned. That's about 23% of the total...and surely significant.? ?I don't think any one team has won more WS titles in that time frame..... He's also owned the team longer than any other entity has owned the Yanks.? Say what you want about him (and people will and do, that's for sure) but the man loves the Yankees....and does what he needs to? (or thinks he needs to) to make them successful.

George has always spent money to bring in high priced talent.? For every Jeter and Bernie Williams you want to point to, you can as easily point to a Wade Boggs or Roger Clemens.? The farm system has given them some good talent recently, too (Wang, Cano, and even Melky...though he's having a tough start this year).? Yes, they have the highest payroll in the business...but Jeter and Pettite are right at the top of that list right along with A-rod and Giambi.

Team chemistry seems to have gotten MUCH better this year.? You can see them in the clubhouse, postgame, and in the dugout during the game.? There's lots more talking, back slapping, etc going on this year.? Are they out carousing after the games?? Maybe not...but then again, I'd be shocked to learn that Paul O'Neil, Jimmy Leyritz, and Jeter were off socializing after the games in '96.

But, I'm not surprised by the criticism.? When you're as dominant as the Yanks have been over the last decade....you inspire a lot of jealousy? in the fans of the opposing teams.? Nobody wants to give them credit for being GOOD....they want to find excuses as to WHY they're good so they can minimize their success.? That's OK.? Go ahead if it makes you feel better.? But as much as you want to assert the Yankees "suck"...my question is, if that's true, what does that say about all the teams that have NOT been as successful as them?

The Yankees clearly don't suck... My point was that when the foundation for the 96, 98, 99, annd 00 teams were built George was banned. When he came back in 93 they were already well on there way to the first Championship and didn't need may tweaks. Once that team broke up, thats when he asserted himself and figured the best way to fix any problems that came along was to throw money at them. Granted that has kept him at the top of the AL east on got him two more Penants, but they have wilted under pressure more often than not.

Sure the team I follow 300 miles to the East wishes they were so "unsucessful" on a regluar basis... but back to my point, as long as George is still there, they will continue paying 28 million (22 prorated, but the luxury tax is a bitch) for a 45 year old #3-4 Starter...

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 08:01:48 AM »

The Yankees clearly don't suck... My point was that when the foundation for the 96, 98, 99, annd 00 teams were built George was banned. When he came back in 93 they were already well on there way to the first Championship and didn't need may tweaks. Once that team broke up, thats when he asserted himself and figured the best way to fix any problems that came along was to throw money at them. Granted that has kept him at the top of the AL east on got him two more Penants, but they have wilted under pressure more often than not.

Sure the team I follow 300 miles to the East wishes they were so "unsucessful" on a regluar basis... but back to my point, as long as George is still there, they will continue paying 28 million (22 prorated, but the luxury tax is a bitch) for a 45 year old #3-4 Starter...

So your assertion is that, in the 3 years George was gone (90 to 93) they built a team that, 3 years later, started to win titles?

Sorry, I just don't see any evidence of that.....While George didn't have a direct hand in team operations from 90 to 93, it was run largely the same way it has been since (in fact, conspiracy theorists think George was "shadow-running" the team while gone and that Neiderlander was just a puppet.....insinuations that came directly from the Yankees camp itself right around the time the ban was lifted).  I'll agree that the ban changed his management style quite a bit, BUT I'm not sure you can say that the "ban" is directly responsible for the resurgance of their farm system (which is still, right now, pretty good) BECAUSE GEORGE WAS GONE or that you can say it's declined since he came back.  And the "big money" deals occured just as much during his time away (Boggs, for example) as they do now.  AND add to all that the fact George had 3 years of mucking around to change things if he's saw fit.  One of the biggest changes he made (and it may be the most important) was installing Joe as manager.

I've seen the criticism leveled at George before....largely from Boston fans who, quite frankly, wish their owners would do SOME of the same stuff George does.  It's just not one I see backed up with much evidence.  What I've seen is people who want to minimize what Steinbrenner has done simply because they don't like his tactics.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 09:31:38 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 02:53:12 PM »

So your assertion is that, in the 3 years George was gone (90 to 93) they built a team that, 3 years later, started to win titles?

Sorry, I just don't see any evidence of that.....While George didn't have a direct hand in team operations from 90 to 93, it was run largely the same way it has been since (in fact, conspiracy theorists think George was "shadow-running" the team while gone and that Neiderlander was just a puppet.....insinuations that came directly from the Yankees camp itself right around the time the ban was lifted).? I'll agree that the ban changed his management style quite a bit, BUT I'm not sure you can say that the "ban" is directly responsible for the resurgance of their farm system (which is still, right now, pretty good) BECAUSE GEORGE WAS GONE or that you can say it's declined since he came back.? And the "big money" deals occured just as much during his time away (Boggs, for example) as they do now.? AND add to all that the fact George had 3 years of mucking around to change things if he's saw fit.? One of the biggest changes he made (and it may be the most important) was installing Joe as manager.

I've seen the criticism leveled at George before....largely from Boston fans who, quite frankly, wish their owners would do SOME of the same stuff George does.? It's just not one I see backed up with much evidence.? What I've seen is people who want to minimize what Steinbrenner has done simply because they don't like his tactics.
You hit the nail right on the head with that lasy point (with the exception of the current Red Sox ownership)... The "Yawkee Group" headed by John Harrington could be the worst ownership in this city's (Boston) history, and top twenty across the board. They are the reason the serveral key players had left (most notably Roger) and they decimated our Farm system in the process. I'd wished for years the George ran those teams...

My point was that if you look back all of the key acquisitions and farm prospects were taken with George gone. The building blocks for those Championships were cemented before he took the reigns. Since the down fall of that core, he has made and forced several bad decisions to get over rated, over payed players that have not helped when it counts... Even then he is still beter than 98 percent of owners in MLB (and probably the major 4 sports)... My opinion is that until a structure is put in placve where a GM has "near" total control, I don't see them winning a World Series (which with that team is the only way they can be deemed successful).

As you have stated much of this comes from a frustration of finishing second place for what seems to be 12 years...

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 06:36:22 PM »

Sorry, I just don't see any evidence of that.....While George didn't have a direct hand in team operations from 90 to 93, it was run largely the same way it has been since (in fact, conspiracy theorists think George was "shadow-running" the team while gone and that Neiderlander was just a puppet.....insinuations that came directly from the Yankees camp itself right around the time the ban was lifted).  I'll agree that the ban changed his management style quite a bit, BUT I'm not sure you can say that the "ban" is directly responsible for the resurgance of their farm system (which is still, right now, pretty good) BECAUSE GEORGE WAS GONE or that you can say it's declined since he came back.  And the "big money" deals occured just as much during his time away (Boggs, for example) as they do now.  AND add to all that the fact George had 3 years of mucking around to change things if he's saw fit.  One of the biggest changes he made (and it may be the most important) was installing Joe as manager.

I've seen the criticism leveled at George before....largely from Boston fans who, quite frankly, wish their owners would do SOME of the same stuff George does.  It's just not one I see backed up with much evidence.  What I've seen is people who want to minimize what Steinbrenner has done simply because they don't like his tactics.
You hit the nail right on the head with that lasy point (with the exception of the current Red Sox ownership)... The "Yawkee Group" headed by John Harrington could be the worst ownership in this city's (Boston) history, and top twenty across the board. They are the reason the serveral key players had left (most notably Roger) and they decimated our Farm system in the process. I'd wished for years the George ran those teams...

My point was that if you look back all of the key acquisitions and farm prospects were taken with George gone. The building blocks for those Championships were cemented before he took the reigns. Since the down fall of that core, he has made and forced several bad decisions to get over rated, over payed players that have not helped when it counts... Even then he is still beter than 98 percent of owners in MLB (and probably the major 4 sports)... My opinion is that until a structure is put in placve where a GM has "near" total control, I don't see them winning a World Series (which with that team is the only way they can be deemed successful).

As you have stated much of this comes from a frustration of finishing second place for what seems to be 12 years...

I think Cashman finally has that "near" total control and its starting to show. We now have one of the best farm systems pitching wise in the league and boy have we needed it this year!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: