Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:55:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  My "Chinese Democracy" cover artwork
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My "Chinese Democracy" cover artwork  (Read 124362 times)
shaun
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2005, 06:37:07 PM »

----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.truecolor.741.com/REDNOSE.HTML

I like that you already marked the cd to have explicit lyrics  hihi

Well, what?s a GN?R record without a few well placed 'F' words   Grin

Roll on CD  beer beer beer
using my illusions
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2005, 11:48:12 AM »

hey - can someone help a semi-retarded individual (me) - i re-did, the cover that i was talking aboot, it's not entirely the same as the one i described - but i want to show you guys to see what you think, but i don't know how to get my image on here...? do i need to call it from a server? or can i just past it onto this page? i dunno what im doin  Huh
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2005, 11:50:45 AM »

You can host it at http://tinypic.com/

More info on how to post pictures: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=16583.0

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2005, 11:51:32 AM »

hey - can someone help a semi-retarded individual (me) - i re-did, the cover that i was talking aboot, it's not entirely the same as the one i described - but i want to show you guys to see what you think, but i don't know how to get my image on here...? do i need to call it from a server? or can i just past it onto this page? i dunno what im doin? Huh
try hosing it on http://www.imageshack.us , ?and posting the link here when you put it up there.

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
using my illusions
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2005, 12:22:35 PM »

hey - can someone help a semi-retarded individual (me) - i re-did, the cover that i was talking aboot, it's not entirely the same as the one i described - but i want to show you guys to see what you think, but i don't know how to get my image on here...? do i need to call it from a server? or can i just past it onto this page? i dunno what im doin? Huh
try hosing it on http://www.imageshack.us , ?and posting the link here when you put it up there.

hey, thanks! so yea, lmk what you guys think, don't hold back  Tongue i wanted to keep it simple, yet noisy. in the one that i have at home, i have "GUNS N' ROSES" and " CHINESE DEMOCRACY" on the cover, but with this one i thought it was stronger without it...

using my illusions
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2005, 12:26:37 PM »

i also wanted to ad that i figure some of you might recognize some of the imagery, i just did goog;e searches, and grabed images and changed contrast and that kind of stuff, i know that you probably couldn't use these exact images as they are not my own, but i thought something similar to what i have above would look cool..

cheers  smoking
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2005, 12:40:09 PM »

Wow... I love it. That's my favorite one so far. The absence of the band and album name really make it.. addition by subtraction if you will.

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2005, 01:34:23 PM »

yuo, really good, could you post the one with the name of the album and the band ? I might use it for a bootleg compilation I made? peace
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 01:43:49 PM by Wooody » Logged

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
using my illusions
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2005, 01:44:57 PM »

will do, i'll have it up a little later on, the one i have at home with the title is better then the one i have here at work w/title. but i'll throw it up here for sure.

i could seriously have about 20 different covers for this thing, love doing this kind of stuff. problem is, im never fully satisfied. i've been wanting to design/build my own site for a LONG ASS time now, but as soon as i get something close to finished, all the sudden i don't like it, and want to change the direction... anyways, unimportant. i'll put the title on the cover above for you and put it on here shortly, cheers  smoking
using my illusions
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2005, 02:25:05 PM »

ok here's one with the title... i appologize if you weren't talking to me, i ass-umed you were...and then realized that you could have meant someone else. anywho - here you go. only issues there might be is that it's a low res file 72 resolution, so i dunno how it will turn out when printed, or if it is the correct size for a cd case. i did this at work (trying to do it while not letting my boss see) so i had to cut short on some details.... aaah  Grin im a great employee  smoking

cheers

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2005, 02:45:56 PM »

ok here's one with the title... i appologize if you weren't talking to me, i ass-umed you were...and then realized that you could have meant someone else. anywho - here you go. only issues there might be is that it's a low res file 72 resolution, so i dunno how it will turn out when printed, or if it is the correct size for a cd case. i did this at work (trying to do it while not letting my boss see) so i had to cut short on some details.... aaah? Grin im a great employee? smoking

cheers

hehe, I WAS talking to you, thanks a lot, that cover looks great !

Have you noticed fans are doing everything ? Ive seen fan made videos and covers...the only thing left to do is the recording of the music  hihi

using my illusions
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2005, 02:54:48 PM »

lmao  rofl - yea, and even then, there are fans that are recording their own versions of the songs...  and putting them on these boards for us to listen to  hihi
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2005, 07:14:26 PM »

hey, thanks! so yea, lmk what you guys think, don't hold back? Tongue i wanted to keep it simple, yet noisy. in the one that i have at home, i have "GUNS N' ROSES" and " CHINESE DEMOCRACY" on the cover, but with this one i thought it was stronger without it...

Holy shit! That's the coolest fan cover I have ever seen.....period. I can't tell you enough how much I love it. Dude, you gotta send this to Interscope. This kix the living Mcfrougal shit out of Axl's whole "bike on the wall" idea. Dude, I don't even think the official cover will top that.........it would just be so cool if you got into contact with some members of the GN'R camp with that design.... Shocked
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2005, 08:27:30 PM »

hey, thanks! so yea, lmk what you guys think, don't hold back? Tongue i wanted to keep it simple, yet noisy. in the one that i have at home, i have "GUNS N' ROSES" and " CHINESE DEMOCRACY" on the cover, but with this one i thought it was stronger without it...

Holy shit! That's the coolest fan cover I have ever seen.....period. I can't tell you enough how much I love it. Dude, you gotta send this to Interscope. This kix the living Mcfrougal shit out of Axl's whole "bike on the wall" idea. Dude, I don't even think the official cover will top that.........it would just be so cool if you got into contact with some members of the GN'R camp with that design.... Shocked

that is a pretty good Idea

maybe through robin fink's site???

http://www.robinfinck.com/
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 08:29:15 PM by Wooody » Logged

using my illusions
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2005, 08:45:11 AM »

hey guys, thanks for the great feedback! Smiley and that is a great idea, but it's one of those things that would be too amazing to happen .  that said, i have sent the jpg, and a small email to robins website...wait and see if anything happens  Wink  cheers guys, i love doing that shit  smoking and you guys diggin it, that's just plain cool.  beer
visionary432
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2005, 05:03:12 PM »

*ahem* one i just made

jgfnsr
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2005, 11:15:47 PM »

Wow... I love it. That's my favorite one so far. The absence of the band and album name really make it.. addition by subtraction if you will.

Sheesh!   Shocked

I loved the original cover-art for this thread but I think this takes the cake...

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2005, 01:32:03 AM »

for those who did not see visionarys post ( i saw red x) this is it

cool ok

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Bird
Opening Act

insert text here...

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2005, 04:12:10 PM »

The red artistic Chinese Democracy album cover is still by far the best!  I think that deserves an upgrade from headliner to...
Rock n' Roll using my illusions...

beer
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2005, 08:34:00 PM »

This IS very cool. When I read the first line, I thought "Well, yet another crappy...", and THEN I saw the pic. Cool work.

That is what I was thinking, and I must say, that is a wonderful cover.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: