Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:03:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Bass guitar buyer's guide for this Dummy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bass guitar buyer's guide for this Dummy  (Read 1372 times)
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« on: May 10, 2007, 03:26:52 AM »

I wanna pick up a bass guitar for relatively cheap and learn to play on it.. i don't want it to be a piece of shit but i don't want it to be overly expensive either.. i've already made a mistake of buying a guitar once without really knowing too much about it.. although i love the les paul i have, blues is just not my style i guess.. so what would you recommend for a COMPLETE novice of a wannabe bassist to pick up?

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 12:47:21 PM »

Squire have okey basses. i still use my Squire after all the years i had it... but my Kramer bass is my main bass though...

Fender got som that doesnt cost too much, like the Aerodyne bass looks BADASS and plays okey i've heard. (duff uses it, but its modiefied)

Epiphone is a good mark too. ThunderBird is a sweet bass...

hope it helped

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
tiger
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 02:27:03 PM »

If you are a beginner you should go for a Squier, they have many great basses, like the P Bass Special Black or the Vintage Modified Precision Bass, which is a replica of Sid Vicious.
Or you could search for Fender Jazz Bass Special, the bass that Duff mostly uses, and you could get one pretty cheap, i have a Fender Jazz Bass Special in super condition and it's fuckin' great and the best bass i ever played on, the bass weights nothin', it sounds awesome..and the neck is super comfortable..

Or else you could go for a Epiphone bass, like the Thunderbird..but it's very unstable..

Ebay is your best friend Cool

good luck in search for your new bass!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: