Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 05:00:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228028 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Heres some samples from the album here!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heres some samples from the album here!  (Read 30345 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2007, 03:02:47 AM »

I hated CB the first 3 listens in but now its one of my Fav albums.

So never judge something that u hav eonly heard a couple times.

I was basically the opposite.  I loved CB from day one, played it consistently for about 6-9 months and now I rarely feel the itch to listen to it.  I still think it's a good album but I don't think it has great replay value.   I have a lot of rock albums that I'll throw in before CB.  I think that's why I'm disappointed.  I like these songs a lot LESS than I liked CB.  And She Builds Quick Machines is shit compared to Slither IMO
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2007, 03:03:02 AM »

Yeh? What car do you drive? D? re: driving down the highway, full blast?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 03:04:37 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2007, 03:04:06 AM »

''Slither'' had everything to be the first single, because people were expecting a hard rocking song with a catchy chorus and a wild guitar solo. And the song/video was a huge success. Shame it would end being the only hard rocking song in ''Contraband''

I don't know what Contraband you're listening to, but aside from the few ballads on there, the album is filled with plenty of hard rocking songs.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2007, 03:09:36 AM »

I agree with your whole post but specially with the text in bold.

I think VR is trying to make corporate rock songs since the first day.

The thing that I'm still trying to understand is why Slash decided to kick Josh Todd and Keith Nelson out of the group.  Their style is much more in tune with the ex-Guns background.  They had recorded 10 songs and then Slash just kicked them out of the band without any explanation.  IMO 15 is a better album than Contraband, more replay value, not to mention the self-titled Buckcherry album which is better than 15.  Slash kicked those guys out of the band to make songs like THIS?  It's hard for me to understand

Yes, Josh Todd would had been a better choice. But currently, my theory is that Slash is not the one who decides that kind of things in Velvet Revolver. I think that the one deciding the most relevant things for the band is not a former GNR member, and that's why the bands sounds like this: mediocre, flat, disposable.

My theory is that Slash is limited to make the guitars for Weiland's band, and that's it.

who knows if I am right or not... All I know is that I dont see any other plausible explanation for this mediocrity

I don't know what Contraband you're listening to

The black one. Maybe I should try buying the red one or the white to contemplate the ''hard rocking'' sound... Nothing in the black.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 03:27:36 AM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2007, 03:11:57 AM »

The black one. Maybe I should try buying the red one or the white to contemplate the ''hard rocking'' sound... Nothing in the black.

I can't see this argument going anywhere if you don't think that songs like Suckertrain Blues and Dirty Little Thing are hard rocking.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2007, 03:13:16 AM »

I dont know what is so hard to understand

SLASH IS NOT TRYING TO RECREATE GUNS N ROSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is why Josh todd isnt in the band or Bach or anyone else.

They are doing a new style and arent trying to be GNR. Slash has moved on and knows trying to recapture the old days is impossible so he has adapted.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2007, 03:19:22 AM »

Slash wants to go out there and play with music.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2007, 03:22:41 AM »

I dont know what is so hard to understand

SLASH IS NOT TRYING TO RECREATE GUNS N ROSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is why Josh todd isnt in the band or Bach or anyone else.

They are doing a new style and arent trying to be GNR. Slash has moved on and knows trying to recapture the old days is impossible so he has adapted.

I still think that a band consisting of Slash-Duff-Sorum with Todd and Nelson, both from a songwriting perspective and just a blend of styles, would be hands down the most ass kicking hard rock band in the biz right now.  And they would be a lot better band than what VR is right now

VR is still trying to do the hard rock thing but Weiland isn't really an ass kicking hard rock frontman.  Todd is the real article.  I can understand why they wouldn't go with Bach because he's an 80's metal guy.  But Todd is a much better songwriter than Bach, and Nelson is a hell of a lot better guitarist and writer than Kushner is.  They're still basically making straight ahead hard rock, but it sounds more like STP than GNR

But hey they made their decision.  Buckcherry has been reconstructed and when it comes to contemporary hard rock, I'll take them over what I'm hearing from VR.  It's just hard for me not to think of what might have been.  These new songs to me just lack vitality
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 03:27:07 AM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2007, 03:23:19 AM »

Just heard SBQM on the radio. Fucking awesome, the Dj's loved it too and they got alot of SMS's saying the song simply rocks! Great, just great.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2007, 03:34:18 AM »

Thing is Shotgun, that is YOUR opinion and u are entitled to it but me personally I think Weiland is a million times better than Josh Todd.

I dont want Slash in a band with a guy who sings  a song like "Crazy Bitch" are u kiddin me? That song is just a few steps up from Stripper Girl.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2007, 03:36:52 AM »

SBQM is fuckin awesome.

Put on some headphones and crank it. I promise u will hear shit u havent heard before.

I hate Scott's "Motor Clean" Cheese lyric but the chorus is fuckin Bad Ass and Slash's playing is awesome! This song makes me fuckin move!

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2007, 03:40:11 AM »

I can't see this argument going anywhere if you don't think that songs like Suckertrain Blues and Dirty Little Thing are hard rocking.

not again this discussion please... I will only say that I think that ''Sucker Train Blues'' (a song I really like) and ''Dirty Little Thing'' are, at least, ''harder'' and more catchy than any of these new songs.

I also like much more the Slash guitar parts in these 2 CB songs (with the ''loser'' Abraham as producer) than any of the guitars I've heard in the snippets with the ''almighty'' O'Brien...

Do you peacefully want to tell me your opinion?  peace

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2007, 03:40:29 AM »

SBQM is fuckin awesome.

Put on some headphones and crank it. I promise u will hear shit u havent heard before.

I hate Scott's "Motor Clean" Cheese lyric but the chorus is fuckin Bad Ass and Slash's playing is awesome! This song makes me fuckin move!

Cranking things and using headphones is bad for the eardrums.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2007, 03:50:37 AM »

From what i've heard this is gonna be a badass rock and roll album, the songs sound really great, with a lot of groove!!!!! I can't wait to get this fuckin' album and put it on my fuckin' car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ok
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2007, 03:52:54 AM »

From what i've heard this is gonna be a badass rock and roll album, the songs sound really great, with a lot of groove!!!!! I can't wait to get this fuckin' album and put it on my fuckin' car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? ok

Yeh, keep cranking it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all have headphones on.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
greendog
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2007, 04:53:03 AM »

The sound is weak, I've read that Slash said somewhere in an interview that the producer of Contraband didnt know how to record guitars. Thats never a bad thing, when you dont know how to do something you aren't influenced by the 'dos' and 'donts' of recording techniques. Which in my opinion is one of the best ways to go about something, keeps it fresh and raw. The guitars on Contraband kicks like a mule! They are pretty damn sweet.

I do feel harsh picking the new stuff to pieces without hearing studio quality recordings on my studio speakers but fuck me. It sounds bad so far.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2007, 05:57:55 AM »

Well, I gave in and downloaded these tracks and I don't think you can make any judgement on these at all, the sound is obviously compressed and the audio is pretty bad. It's good to get an idea of what some the songs sound like, but I honestly think the album versions will shit all over these.

That said, I'm really liking what I'm hearing though! ok

I actually think She Builds Quick Machines will be a pretty cool single too from having heard the full version. It does have a bit of a Slither vibe to it too.

snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2007, 06:15:17 AM »

my theory is that Slash is not the one who decides that kind of things in Velvet Revolver. I think that the one deciding the most relevant things for the band is not a former GNR member, and that's why the bands sounds like this: mediocre, flat, disposable.

My theory is that Slash is limited to make the guitars for Weiland's band, and that's it.

who knows if I am right or not... All I know is that I dont see any other plausible explanation for this mediocrity

rofl rofl rofl hihi hihi hihi rofl rofl rofl

guns_n_motley
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2007, 09:28:01 AM »

The thing that I'm still trying to understand is why Slash decided to kick Josh Todd and Keith Nelson out of the group.? Their style is much more in tune with the ex-Guns background.? They had recorded 10 songs and then Slash just kicked them out of the band without any explanation.? IMO 15 is a better album than Contraband, more replay value, not to mention the self-titled Buckcherry album which is better than 15.? Slash kicked those guys out of the band to make songs like THIS?? It's hard for me to understand

because its all about the $$. In a way I think slash compromised the kind of music he likes to play to get Radio play. They got scott weiland because he has low vocals like most singers on modern rock radio.

the songs are generic, but sadly its better than most new bands on the radio!!

btw. scorpions new cd sounds killer as well. modern but killer hihi

and where is the damn download??? its 9:30 it was supposed to go up almost 5 hours ago!!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2007, 09:52:32 AM »

Now Dont Britney have a new comeback record u should be waiting for?

Douche! So good!  Grin

lol anyway... now after hearing SBQM about 10 times now I?m really starting to diggin it... seriously. Although I still think it is quite average as the other samples. However as u start listening to it more and more u just start to liking it! Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: