Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:00:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Jerry Falwell dead
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jerry Falwell dead  (Read 11634 times)
GeraldFord
« on: May 15, 2007, 01:39:45 PM »

At 73.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 01:41:21 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 01:40:20 PM »

Moral Majority leader Falwell dies
Evangelical leader was found in his university office

LYNCHBURG, Va. - The Rev. Jerry Falwell ? founder of the Moral Majority and the face of the religious right in the 1980s ? died Tuesday after being found unconscious in his office, a Liberty University executive said.

Ron Godwin, Liberty's executive vice president, said Falwell, 73, had been found unresponsive around 10:45 a.m. and was taken to Lynchburg General Hospital.

Godwin said he was not sure what caused the collapse, but noted that Falwell had ?a history of heart challenges.?

?I had breakfast with him, and he was fine at breakfast,? Godwin said. ?He went to his office, I went to mine and they found him unresponsive.?

Falwell, a television evangelist who founded the Moral Majority in 1979, became the face of the religious right in the 1980s. He later founded the conservative Liberty University and served as its chancellor.

In the 1980s, Falwell saw his political lobbying organization grow to 6.5 million members, raising millions of dollars for conservative politicians and helping to elect Ronald Reagan president.

A biography of Falwell on Liberty University's Web site states that "with the impetus of the newly organized Moral Majority, millions of people of faith voted for the first time in 1980 and helped elect Ronald Reagan and many conservative congressmen and senators."

Falwell survived two serious health scares in early 2005. He was hospitalized in February for two weeks with what was described as a viral infection, then hospitalized again in March with congestive heart failure after being found unconscious. At that time he had to be resuscitated by EMTs at the hospital emergency room.

A native of Lynchburg, Falwell and his wife, Macel, have three children and eight grandchildren.

His Jerry Falwell ministries take in about $200 million a year in revenues, according to Liberty University's Web site.

Liberty University's commencement is scheduled for Saturday, with former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich as the featured speaker.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18679412/

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GeraldFord
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 01:43:21 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070515/ap_on_re_us/jerry_falwell

LYNCHBURG, Va. - The Rev. Jerry Falwell, who founded the Moral Majority and built the religious right into a political force, died Tuesday shortly after being found unconscious in his office at Liberty University, a school executive said. He was 73.

ADVERTISEMENT

This is a breaking news update. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

LYNCHBURG, Va. (AP) ? The Rev. Jerry Falwell was hospitalized in "gravely serious" condition after being found unconscious Tuesday in his office at Liberty University, a school executive said.

Ron Godwin, the university's executive vice president, said Falwell, 73, was found unresponsive around 10:45 a.m. and taken to Lynchburg General Hospital. Godwin said he was not sure what caused the collapse, but he said Falwell "has a history of heart challenges."

"I had breakfast with him, and he was fine at breakfast," Godwin said. "He went to his office, I went to mine, and they found him unresponsive."

Godwin said Falwell was receiving emergency care. A hospital spokeswoman said she had "no information to release at this time."

Falwell, a television evangelist who founded the Moral Majority, became the face of the religious right in the 1980s. He later founded the conservative Liberty University and serves as its president.

Falwell survived two serious health scares in early 2005. He was hospitalized for two weeks with what was described as a viral infection, then was hospitalized again a few weeks later after going into respiratory arrest. Later that year, doctors found a 70 percent blockage in an artery, which they opened with stents.

Liberty University's commencement is scheduled for Saturday, with former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich as the featured speaker.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 01:59:08 PM »

Which one of these should go on his tombstone?

"AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals."

"Labor unions should study and read the Bible instead of asking for more money. When people get right with God, they are better workers."

"I hope to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we don't have public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them."

"[The Antichrist] must be, of necessity, a Jewish male"

"If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being."

"The idea that religion and politics don't mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country."

"The Bible is the inerrant ... word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible,without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc."

"Grown men should not be having sex with prostitutes unless they are married to them."

"I do not believe the homosexual community deserves minority status. One's misbehavior does not qualify him or her for minority status. Blacks, Hispanics, women, etc., are God-ordained minorities who do indeed deserve minority status."

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 02:01:30 PM »

Though I hate to take pleasure in the passing of another person ,... hip hip horay !
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 02:27:16 PM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 02:03:01 PM »

The Moral Majority is neither

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 02:06:17 PM »

I believe this one proves just how big a fool he was :

"The Bible is the inerrant ... word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible,without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc."

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 02:14:21 PM »

"I do not believe the homosexual community deserves minority status. One's misbehavior does not qualify him or her for minority status. Blacks, Hispanics, women, etc., are God-ordained minorities who do indeed deserve minority status."

Not to take away from your "very funny" joke poking fun at a man who died 4 hours ago... but,

I don't see whats wrong with that statement. "Minority Status" in the US grants you several "perks" such as minority business owner status and civil service preference. Although I don't agree I can see why a Hispanic gets a few extra points when being considered for a position on a police force over a caucasion. Or I can see why women owned or African-American owned business get first dibs at government contracts... But why should a homosexual get preferential treatment in those cases?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 02:21:13 PM »

Not to take away from your "very funny" joke poking fun at a man who died 4 hours ago... but,

I don't see whats wrong with that statement. "Minority Status" in the US grants you several "perks" such as minority business owner status and civil service preference. Although I don't agree I can see why a Hispanic gets a few extra points when being considered for a position on a police force over a caucasion. Or I can see why women owned or African-American owned business get first dibs at government contracts... But why should a homosexual get preferential treatment in those cases?

I generally agree with the idea about homosexuals getting minority status.  You can look at someone and usually tell if he/she is black, Latin, or whatnot.  That rule doesn't hold with homosexuality.  However, in the US, minority status has to do specifically with how successful a group is.  For example, besides being a racial minority (or minorities), Asians in America aren't considered minorities because as a group they're education and income levels are above average.  If gays are doing below average, then perhaps they deserve minority status, but I've seen nothing to suggest this is the case.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 02:28:29 PM »

First of all, I don't care that he just died.

Second, you may not see anything wrong with saying that God "ordains" minorities, but trust me, one day you will.

Third, since when are women minorities?
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 02:30:53 PM »

I generally agree with the idea about homosexuals getting minority status.? You can look at someone and usually tell if he/she is black, Latin, or whatnot.? That rule doesn't hold with homosexuality.? However, in the US, minority status has to do specifically with how successful a group is.? For example, besides being a racial minority (or minorities), Asians in America aren't considered minorities because as a group they're education and income levels are above average.? If gays are doing below average, then perhaps they deserve minority status, but I've seen nothing to suggest this is the case.

That was my point, a Well Educated White Homosexual doesn't need a headstart in life, they are part of the "Majority"... just because they prefer the same sex do they somehow become a "Minority Majority?"

Not to be stereotypical but Hair Salons don't tend to suffer financialy because they are run by homosexuals...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 02:38:02 PM »

Second, you may not see anything wrong with saying that God "ordains" minorities, but trust me, one day you will.

1. I suppose I am supposed to care that you have an opinion on the subject, when you don't have the decency to recognize that a human died....

2. Why am I suddenly going to see something wrong with the God I believe in stating what is and isn't a minority... I assume you are trying to say that I'll be the minority one day??

3. In the US women are considered a minority... Female owned business are given minority business owner status
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 02:43:03 PM »

2. Why am I suddenly going to see something wrong with the God I believe in stating what is and isn't a minority... I assume you are trying to say that I'll be the minority one day??

The only thing that makes a minority a minority, in my eyes, is the fact that there are racial discrepancies.  And it's all relative.  Blacks are a minority in America, but not in Nigeria, for example.  I don't think God "ordained" that, so much as it's a fact of how the world currently works.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 02:43:22 PM »

I generally agree with the idea about homosexuals getting minority status.  You can look at someone and usually tell if he/she is black, Latin, or whatnot.  That rule doesn't hold with homosexuality.  However, in the US, minority status has to do specifically with how successful a group is.  For example, besides being a racial minority (or minorities), Asians in America aren't considered minorities because as a group they're education and income levels are above average.  If gays are doing below average, then perhaps they deserve minority status, but I've seen nothing to suggest this is the case.

yeah most gays re fashion designers, they gotta be on quite a good bit of pay.

html sucks
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2007, 02:44:27 PM »

lets get back on topic , the man was a scumbag !

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 02:45:11 PM »

1. I suppose I am supposed to care that you have an opinion on the subject, when you don't have the decency to recognize that a human died....

3. In the US women are considered a minority... Female owned business are given minority business owner status

1 - Now you're just being mean.

2 - Keep assuming.

3 - Women are not considered minorities. ?If they're given any supposed preferential business owner status, it's not because they're minorities, it's to help counterbalance against years of oppression.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2007, 02:47:30 PM »

3 - Women are not considered minorities.  If they're given any supposed preferential business owner status, it's not because they're minorities, it's to help counterbalance against years of oppression.

While they're not a mathematical minority, what you just described is pretty much exactly how minority status is decided. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2007, 02:59:59 PM »

3 - Women are not considered minorities.? If they're given any supposed preferential business owner status, it's not because they're minorities, it's to help counterbalance against years of oppression.

While they're not a mathematical minority, what you just described is pretty much exactly how minority status is decided.?

I'll have to concede that point my friend, otherwise you evil, blue-eyed devils will claim minority status.   Wink
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 03:02:11 PM »

3 - Women are not considered minorities.  If they're given any supposed preferential business owner status, it's not because they're minorities, it's to help counterbalance against years of oppression.

While they're not a mathematical minority, what you just described is pretty much exactly how minority status is decided. 

I'll have to concede that point my friend, otherwise you evil, blue-eyed devils will claim minority status.   Wink

That just made my day! 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2007, 03:32:10 PM »

Can't say that I'm upset about this. He was a bad person who spread hate and fear.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: