Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:34:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Download "She Builds Quick Machines" FREE At 5am!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Download "She Builds Quick Machines" FREE At 5am!!!!!!  (Read 31400 times)
sweetness
Opening Act

Its So Easy

« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2007, 09:43:19 PM »

No fan of GNR is allowed to enjoy VR's music

That's funny, they happen to be my 2 favorite bands. So much for that rule.

Sarcasm

Theyre my top 2 bands too

"I might be a little young but honey I aint naive"
sweetness
Opening Act

Its So Easy

« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2007, 09:48:58 PM »

The lyrics are horrible, but after that somebody apparently raped his tapeworm abortion, I'm not shocked....

/jarmo

*sigh* Should we bring IRS into this?

"I might be a little young but honey I aint naive"
guns_n_motley
« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2007, 09:52:46 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks the lyrics to this song are HORRENDOUS?? It's not even dumb lyrics in a fun and stupid way like say Girls, Girls, Girls.? They're just embarassingly bad

thats how scott weilands lyrics are though. Trying to be sophisticated by rhyming many words together and it just comes out horrible.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2007, 09:58:00 PM »

I think for TODAY its a good rock song. Not better than contraband though.

I like contraband but I was alittle dissapointed in it. And I thought this cd would be better than it. and so far everything ive heard just sounds average.

This isnt nu-gnr vs. VR. nothing influenced my opinion, and I was more into VR than nu-gnr when VR came out.

I just expected them to do better than before and these are kinda generic.

When i first heard slither I though "WOW what a great rock song" this to me just sounds "meh ive heard this on the radio before" generic riffs etc.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2007, 09:58:50 PM »

I dont think thats necessary.

I think the section (and I include myself) would be better served by ignoring those kind of posts.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2007, 09:59:18 PM »

The lyrics are horrible, but after that somebody apparently raped his tapeworm abortion, I'm not shocked....

/jarmo

Go ahead and bring it in, since the only way some people in here can defend VR at certain times is to bring GNR into the discussion and begin bashing. 

IRS has pretty good lyrics during the verses.  The chorus is not that bad either, but it seems like a lot of people aren't familiar with the expression "make a federal case out of it" and take it literally.  IRS isn't one of Axl's better songs lyrically, that's apparent, but nowhere near as weak as SBQM.  Now I dare you to go into IRS and find a line this pathetic

"She ran away to Texas
To keep away the excess
Old ex in Vegas don't back Texas
She burned through inheritance
Gassed across America
At the all night sex show so far from home"

Musta taken him a lot of time to come up with that masterpiece  smoking

Also comparing the vocal melodies and the energy/delivery of the lyrics, this argument starts to become ridiculously lopsided  hihi
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 10:36:30 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #126 on: May 16, 2007, 10:06:47 PM »

The chorus is not that bad either, but it seems like a lot of people aren't familiar with the expression "make a federal case out of it" and take it literally.

"She ran away to Texas
To keep away the excess
She burned through and had her chance
Gassed across America

Is it surprising that the guy complaining most about the awful lyrics wrote them himself?

It seems you have a tendency of making inaccurate comments followed by attempts at cleverness (as you did when you made your clever remark about estebans signature).  It results in a pretty embarassing post.

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2007, 10:15:43 PM »

The chorus is not that bad either, but it seems like a lot of people aren't familiar with the expression "make a federal case out of it" and take it literally.

"She ran away to Texas
To keep away the excess
She burned through and had her chance
Gassed across America

Is it surprising that the guy complaining most about the awful lyrics wrote them himself?

It seems you have a tendency of making inaccurate comments followed by attempts at cleverness (as you did when you made your clever remark about estebans signature).  It results in a pretty embarassing post.

Why?  Because I liked Contraband, I like Slash, Duff, and Weiland's work in their old bands, I listened to the song, didn't like it, listened to it more times after some people pointed certain things out, still didn't like it?  Because I can (for the most part) remember the lyrics to a song I listen to after hearing it 4 or 5 times?  Or 10 times for that matter?  Wow, I guess that's embarassing

It seems you have a tendency to cry, dry your eyes for a minute, pretend to be unbiased and while showing blatant bias, and then cry some more.  It also seems you love to harp on the insignificant/meaningless, like a one line comment I made about estebanf's signature about a week back.  Pretty pathetic that your best attempt at attacking me internet credibility ( rofl) revolves around a one sentence comment about estebanf's recently changed signature

It's also worth noting that you did nothing to defend these pathetic lyrics.  The best defense you had for them was diversion, to start talking shit instead of actually continuing on a discussion that was headed in a direction you didn't like
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 10:19:23 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2007, 10:26:38 PM »

Why?  Because I liked Contraband, I like Slash, Duff, and Weiland's work in their old bands, I listened to the song, didn't like it, listened to it more times after some people pointed certain things out, still didn't like it?  Because I can (for the most part) remember the lyrics to a song I listen to after hearing it 4 or 5 times?  Or 10 times for that matter?

Huh

Because after going on and on about how bad the lyrics are, you posted the wrong lyrics.

Wow, I guess that's embarassing

Indeed.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2007, 10:29:04 PM »

Go ahead and bring it in..

Uh, no.

Don't.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2007, 10:29:57 PM »

Why?  Because I liked Contraband, I like Slash, Duff, and Weiland's work in their old bands, I listened to the song, didn't like it, listened to it more times after some people pointed certain things out, still didn't like it?  Because I can (for the most part) remember the lyrics to a song I listen to after hearing it 4 or 5 times?  Or 10 times for that matter?  Wow, I guess that's embarassing

Huh

Because after going on and on about how bad the lyrics are, you posted the wrong lyrics.

Wow, I guess that's embarassing

Indeed.

So what are the "right" lyrics, super genius?  If you're gonna say I'm wrong the least you can do is post what's "right"

So the lyrics to the song do not suck?  Or they do suck but I got a couple of words wrong reciting the song from memory?  What exactly is your point, if you have one?

Sorry, it should've been "burned through inheritance".  There, I was wrong
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 10:32:45 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2007, 10:31:10 PM »

I listened to this song on Repeat while running my 6 miles today and U cant beat this fucking song as far as straight up kick ass ROck N roll.

I mean the song lyrically isnt great but the vocal melodies, attitude and groove kick fuckin ass. the music rocks fuckin hard also.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2007, 10:33:35 PM »

I agree with Jarmo that SBQMs has bad lyrics... but c'mon... leave the tape worm abortion out of it; that was the 2nd best line on Contraband. #1 was the "come on motherfuckers and deliver the cow"

(that wasn't sarcasm, those are my favorite lyrics on it)

I see the comparison between this song and I.R.S (they both suck pretty bad in the lyric department)
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2007, 10:37:09 PM »

Who cares that the lyrics might be a little weak?. their are plenty songs that have weak lyrics that are g8 song .Hell look at Hendricks body of work great music piss poor lyrics .

The song is a awesome rocker which is what I want from VR . So , I happy as shit with the song .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #134 on: May 16, 2007, 10:39:04 PM »

I listened to this song on Repeat while running my 6 miles today and U cant beat this fucking song as far as straight up kick ass ROck N roll.

I mean the song lyrically isnt great but the vocal melodies, attitude and groove kick fuckin ass. the music rocks fuckin hard also.

D, I am with you all the way.  The song kicks ass! 

Ya, the lyrics, eh, not breakdown or anything, but for the song, it makes me move, and I anticipate the next part, i never get bored during the song.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2007, 10:48:52 PM »

I'd like this song if it was: Chorus, Texas Verse, Chorus, Over.

A Minute long.

Call it the super radio edit. I'm making it.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2007, 10:56:10 PM »

No, I think it is pretty well understood by both GNR and VR supporters that both Scott and Axl are a shell of their former selves in terms of their ability to write kick ass lyrics to a rock song. To brag about who is less mediocre at it at this point is like bragging that you got to bang the 300 pound chick instead of the 400 pound one. You really lose even if you win in that scenario.

They both still write good lyrics for ballads, a little one dimensional, but good none the less. Axl definitely excels in this category, but at least in terms of this conversation we aren't debating about who is less mediocre. Both of them are guilty of being one dimensional at this point as their ballads consist pretty much of them singing about either how they've been dumped or that no one likes them, but at least they do it well. This phenonmenon is natural as singers age though.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2007, 11:05:00 PM »

Go ahead and bring it in..

Uh, no.

Don't.
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who likes IRS.  Screw it, I'm sticking to my guns.  I love that song.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2007, 11:14:03 PM »

/jarmo

thats all you slash fans know how to do is bash Guns whenever someone doesn't like something about VR.    Anyhow, we all know IRS would make a much better single than this fucking song.   So dont' even try it.

The song is weak.   It doesnt' have nearly the same punch that Slither did, so if the first single is this weak, might as well write off the whole album.    And that is a statement I can make without comparing to any other band or bringing any other band into it.   I'm comparing them to themselves and they are slipping.
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2007, 11:19:55 PM »

I like the song, and LOVE the guitar solo, fuck Is SLASH!!!!  beer   

I saw this song live in hollywood, and the live version ROCKED!!!!

is not the next confortably numb, but shit, is a good song!

people shouldnt bash GN'R and/or VR, both are great bands, listen to 'em or dont do it, period.
if someone think u can write better lyrics and/or  music then SHOW YOUR TALENTS here.

If the world would end today... Wink
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: