Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:14:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Looking for New Guitar for METAL!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for New Guitar for METAL!  (Read 2803 times)
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« on: May 10, 2007, 02:56:13 AM »

right now i'm playing an Epiphone Les Paul 100. I'm looking to trade it in or sell it so i can get a different guitar, one which is more designed for a thrash/speed/death metal sound rather than blues riffs.. any suggestions? i'm looking at a $300 ballpark area price range, give or take  a hundred bucks depending on the quality of the guitar.. keep in mind, i'm a novice

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 09:23:05 AM »

Well, within that price range I would recommend this - http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/12600

Also look at some ESP's - although you'd probably need to stretch your budget.  Schecter make a great Synster Gates signature model....
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 04:20:50 PM »

i think i'm picking up a BC Rich Kerry King Warlock today

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 04:29:40 PM »

my buddy has a warlock...its fucking sweet....keeping it in tune is a bitch though..hes always fiddling with the fucking thing between songs hihi

The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 07:18:14 PM »

yeah i don't have the thing for an hour and i already have to tune the high e string 4 times

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 08:42:16 AM »

do you have a floyd rose on it?

deadtotheworld
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 04:16:13 PM »

Jackson Guitars all the way! I swear by them and have been playing them for years.... Ive had strats, les pauls, Parker, ESP, Ibanez, PRS but I always go back to the Jacksons. Even alot of the cheaper models wipe the floor with guitars over double the price.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 04:26:40 PM »

haha i used to have a jackson...i hated it...it was a low end strat style with 3 single coil pickups...anyway it was a peice of shit...but at the same time I currently have a Epiphone Lespaul standard and i love it...to each their own huh? hihi

but the Warlock is a sweet axe, if you can keep it in tune...just make sure its set up properly, but my freinds is very tempermental for sure, and hes had it for years and years and will never get rid of it. he plays old metallica, pantera, slayer...all that stuff.

Try a Dean, Dimebag guitar drool

deadtotheworld
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 07:43:46 PM »

A bad Jackson huh?? Dont ever recall a Jackson model with 3 single coil pickups.   I have a lot of high end guitars but I love my Epiphone Goldtop with the P90 pickups....  epiphone produce alot of shit - but sometimes you can be very very lucky and pick up a gem!  Never liked BC Rich... dont care too much for Deans either.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007, 12:34:49 PM »

yeah it was a Strat Style body and it was a metalic red...three single coils, the middle was on an angle I suppose the bottom pickup coulda been a humbucker....its been a while since i got rid of it. it was a $200-300 jobby..didnt help that i had a shitty peavey amp to go with it hihi

I had a dean Acoustic Bass and i loved it,  never played a dean guitar though, but Dime made them sound fucking sweet. like i said the Warlock my friend has sounds pretty damn good. but the odd style body's arent my preference....mocking birds are supposed to be alright too.

bottom line is that you just gotta go with your preference....go play them see what you like best beer

Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 02:27:44 PM »

A decent guitar is going to cost more than 300.00 though. Ibanez and Schecter are good metal guitars, for about 500-600.00.. just save a little more to get something worthwhile. Cheap BC Rich Warlocks are 149-199.00 and you can't give them away.. not that that is your intention but they just suck really. cheap made + cheap produced = cheap tone

« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 02:29:52 PM by I.K.N.K.N » Logged

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2007, 08:32:17 PM »

check out schecters

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
VIP

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 07:00:24 PM »

Ibanez - ultimate shredguitar.
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 07:50:39 PM »

Maybe in the late 80's and early 90's..... but my personal opinion is that Dean have taken up the mantl eof the number 1 metal/shred guitar.
VIP

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 10:54:46 AM »

Maybe in the late 80's and early 90's..... but my personal opinion is that Dean have taken up the mantl eof the number 1 metal/shred guitar.

I agree with you on that. ESP is getting popular around my parts.

But the wise would choose a Fender Stratocaster instead of any of those.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: