Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:48:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  if you went in 02 and 06 both answer this question. Also any milwaukee fans
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: if you went in 02 and 06 both answer this question. Also any milwaukee fans  (Read 21127 times)
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: May 27, 2007, 02:38:40 AM »

I am from Milwaukee and had the privelage of seeing them play in Chicago in 02.  I have been to so many big shows in my life, The 2002 show was one of the best productions I have ever seen in my life.  How did the 02 06 productions compare.  Were they similar which one was better?  I was going to see them in Milwaukee in 06.  That show was one of the cancelled dates on the tour.  I might add that the trauma of that cancellation was one of the worst days of my life.  I can only imagine how the philly fans felt in 2002.   Since I am here I also want to know if there are any Milwaukee GnR fans here.   I also want to add that I was banned from this site a few months ago.  I just wanted to apologize to Jarmo and anyone else that was pissed off at what happened on my screen name.   Its a privelage to be on this site.   LOL I feel like Eddie Haskel right now. 

Dont eat cheese after midnight
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 03:38:38 AM »

06' was wayyyyyyyyy better.   I loved the 02' shows but there was really something special with the band in 06 shows.  In 02' I had front row seats but really loved the 06' shows.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 03:44:45 AM »

No comparison...Everything about '06 was off the charts..
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 03:53:25 AM »

2002: Axl's peformacnse SUCKED

2006: Axl's peformance ROCKED

any other questions ?

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 07:17:52 AM »

Personally, I felt lucky to have seen GNR in Boston 12-2-02.  However, May 12 at the Hammerstein in NYC and November 5th at the Meadowlands, I was treated to an even better performance.  Axl truly sounded like the Axl of yesteryear in '06. 

Reflecting back, there were some positives '02 had that '06 didn't.  Axl's LALD screams in '02 were longer (which I really dug), for some reason at the time I was knocked on my ass by Madagascar, and the audience in Boston was much more appreciative than New Jersey in November of '06.  (Hammerstein May 12 was an other-world experience...the fans, well, we were out of our minds!  It was like the friggin Beatles when they hit the US well over 30 years ago.  Greatest show of my life.  Robin crowd-surfed twice, Axl and Robin looked cool as hell, and it was Bumble's 1st show!)  Did I mention Axl just had "it?"  In '02 the hard-edged rasp of Axl's voice wasn't there...'06, my god it was back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Cool

I sure hope you get to see the band next time around.  They're absolutely amazing.
 beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 07:35:28 AM »

i really loved the 2002 show at pukkelpop in Belgium, but their sound and production was way better in 2006 (belgium and holland).
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 08:07:22 AM »

I was at the Chicago 02 and 06. I also had tickets to Mil. Both shows were very good. Production wise the shows are very similar. Band wise much better in 06. The band has really become a band and it shows!
As for the the person saying Axl sucked in 02. No he didn't. Axl has been the one thing that has been great all along. I have heard comments before from people that he wasn't making some of the notes and looked like he was faking it. It wasn't Axl that at all. I was on center floor and the sound was perfect there. I think it was a matter of poor sound in some parts of the building.  He hit almost every note. His voice was totally on that night.
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
TWAT RULES
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 09:59:00 AM »

i thought the 02' show in boston sounded alot better than the 06' show in worcester.? they were having major sound problems the entire night in worcester and it sucked ass, a total disappointment.....i like the look of the band alot better in 06' though
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 10:01:46 AM by TWAT RULES » Logged
Loco_motive
Opening Act

Wreckage Of Twisted Dreams

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 10:13:47 AM »

Saw them in Chicago in 02 as well and the original lineup open up UYI tour 05/24/91 at Alpine.  I'm also from Milwaukee, had high hopes last November also. 

There is one more opening night for the Marcus Amphitheater during Summerfest I think...!   ok  Too bad they're in Australia or somewhere at that time.

5/24/91 - East Troy, WI (1st UYI tour show)
11/18/02 - Chicago
VR 1/25/08 - Milwaukee
Slash 9/5/10 - Milwaukee
2/19/12 - Chicago
7/1/16 - Chicago
8/2/17 - Denver
11/7/17 - Milwaukee
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 10:17:13 AM »

I actually thought Axl sounded real good in 02 when I saw them live.  But listening to the bootlegs now and seeing and hearing him in 06, there's no comparison.  Not that he was bad in 02, but much better in 06.  I also saw them in Hartford 02 and MSG in 06, also NO comparison.  The Hartford crowd was pretty much dead especially for the new songs, MSG was electric all night long.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 10:36:01 AM »

Everything was better in 2006.  The band didn't look like they were dressed for Halloween, (I'm not bashing the 2002 look), Axl's voice had that hard edge rasp to it, Axl didn't run around on stage like it was 1991 - like he tried to in 2002 rather he danced alot more in 2006, Robin looked like a true lead guitarist, Ron Thal looked like he belonged in the band as opposed to Buckethead (BH's solo's in Nightrain and KOHD in 2002 are IMO the best ever in GNR), the new songs sounded a whole lot better refering to CD, The Blues, and Madagascar, the addition of Better, IRS were definitely key.

After watching the bootlegs from 2002 and watching the same songs in 2006 .... 2002 looks almost boring to what they did in 06.

Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 12:02:12 PM »

I didn't go to any of the 02' shows, however I heard a million bootlegs and thought Axl sounded horrendous. Not even like the same singer. I did go to the first NY show last year tho and he was unbelievable. after listening to GnR since I was about 6 or 7 and finally getting to see him live 15 years later he didn't disappoint.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 12:18:50 PM »

I might add that the trauma of that cancellation was one of the worst days of my life.

I think that's going a bit far, don't you?? Some people take this all far too seriously - as much as we all love GnR, their music etc, and as much as we all want to see them live, want to hear the new album etc; just remember that at the end of the day they're just?a band.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 01:25:13 PM by Gargh! » Logged

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
wadey
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2007, 01:17:05 PM »

i loved the 2002 because it had been so long since they last toured or did anything, so anything was a bonus really
but in comparison the 2006 shows were way better, vocally, musically, stage, promotion, every fucking thing...!!

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
gnrbacik
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2007, 01:30:56 PM »

I saw them in a smaller arena in London Ontario in 02 (approx 9000)  It was sold out, the fans were insane, Axl was in a great mood (he even spoke to the crowd), and he sounded fantastic .  I  also saw them in detroit the same year ( half full stadium) but Axl still sounded good, but he left the show after Patience.
06 I saw them in Detroit again (half full stadium) Axl sounded great and was in a great mood!  So in my case I think the venue had a lot to do with it.  I'd much prefer the smaller sold out arena with true  GnR fans.
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2007, 01:43:43 PM »

I might add that the trauma of that cancellation was one of the worst days of my life.

I think that's going a bit far, don't you?? Some people take this all far too seriously - as much as we all love GnR, their music etc, and as much as we all want to see them live, want to hear the new album etc; just remember that at the end of the day they're just?a band.

Well buddy I see your point.  Maybe I was blowing that out of proportion.  I think I am not though.  I work 60 hours a week.  So in other words when I get out and play, I play hard.  I was going with a group of 5 people that had very cynical thoughts on new GNR.  So I had to eat crow on that one.  Having those tickets in my hand.   Then having the show cancelled.  It really hurt man.  I think the second worst day of my life was when they cancelled gilmore girls.  J/K.   Thanks to everyone for there feed back.  The next post will be comparing the 2007 shows to the 2006 shows.   AMERICAN shows that is.  I hope everyone in Mexico, Aus, NZ, Japan etc enjoy the upcoming shows.  One other thing.  I really dont care about the look of bands that I like.  They did look pretty dumb in 02 though!!!

cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2007, 01:45:55 PM »

In 2002 I was so excited to see GNR again (having last seen them during the Illusion tour), but walking out of the Docklands arena after the show, I confess that I felt disappointed by my reaction to the band.  I hadn't felt the old spine-tingling energy that I'd experienced before and sadly wondered if it was gone forever.  I realised that this missing element was probably partly due to my personal situation at the time, but also couldn't shake the feeling that, although Axl had lost none of his charismatic stage presence and the rest of the band were undoubtedly all skilled musicians, something about the combination of them just wasn't gelling as I'd hoped it would.

Nevertheless, I wasn't prepared to give up on the band I loved and the music that had been a huge part of my life for so many years and so, four years later in 2006 when the tour dates were announced, I knew that the Hammerstein Ballroom shows would be the ones to answer any nagging doubts I had.  I'm not sure why but I was confident that this time it would be different and went ahead and booked tickets for shows all over Europe as well.

When the time finally arrived and I walked into the Ballroom, I can't pretend that I wasn't a little apprehensive.  The room was hot but it wasn't just the crowd's physical presence that was the cause.  As the time drew nearer, the tension was almost palpable and it was easy to imagine it crackling and sparks flying as it leapt from person to person around the room.  The intro music sent a dark, menacing undercurrent rippling through the building, I held my breath, and then Guns N' Roses hit the stage with a ferocity which slammed into me like a thunderbolt.  The crowd responded with a deafening roar as the tension unwound and surged over the stage enveloping the band.  The connection made, the energy released, the show was underway.

This was the GNR who took my breath away with their raw energy and total commitment to their music.  This was what I'd flown 3,500 miles to be a part of.  The show appeared to last for eternity and yet only a few hours all at the same time.  The old songs were reinterpreted; they were played with gusto and had a freshness and timeless quality that belied their age.  The new songs were complex and intense;  they showed a band that was evolving whilst still remaining true to their musical roots and relevant to their hardcore fanbase.  As I stepped out of the Ballroom later, tired, aching and with my senses still reeling from their aural and visual battering, I couldn't stop smiling.  I felt in my heart that Axl had finally rebuilt GNR and that here was a band capable and willing to push the GNR legacy on to greater heights.

The rest of the shows I saw during 2006 were every bit as incredible as that NYC show.  Each had highlights of their own.   I can't say how good it feels to know that, old as I am, I can still feel this passionate about GNR's music and be overwhelmed by their live performances.  I'm so thankful that Axl found the inner strength to carry on in circumstances which would have defeated a lesser man.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

Waiting, waiting, waiting some more... Chin Dem?

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2007, 03:12:52 PM »

Nice read from the last post but as an old gunner myself I feel the vibe is lost from the illusion tour of past but until "the people behind the scenes" pull out their fingers I'm afraid that the delays will continue as they have since the 90s.  Its a shame really because they could have been THE NO1 in history but they're getting a laugh'able joke now as to when Chin Dem if ever will surface. Its sad comparing GNR to MANY MANY others but as fans we hope and pray!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2007, 03:57:26 PM »

2002 MSG: Snowstorm and all - was simply an amazing show

2006 Hammerstein : Might have been the coolest concert I've ever been to

2006 MSG :  Was not that great.  The guitar solos after the 4th or  5th show completely sucked the life out of the crowd. The rest from that point on was just average.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2007, 04:14:36 PM »

The 2002 Boston show was amazing as it was something that I thought I'd never see in my lifetime. In that sense, it will always hold a special place in my heart as one of the greatest shows I've ever witnessed. That said, objectively, both musically and vocally, the 2006 shows were infinetly superior. The band seemed to genuinely enjoy themselves when, in contrast to some of the 2002 boots i've seen, alot of it seemed forced.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2007, 06:57:08 PM »

Coma! You are soo right about Hammerstein!!. That was the single best time of my life!! I soo hope to do that again!
amy

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2007, 07:22:50 PM »

Anyone who attended the hammerstien shows, witnessed something really special.   I am so effen jealous of anyone that has seen them in 2006

Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2007, 08:29:15 PM »

I like the 06 show better, but I missed Buckethead.  If you could take the 06 show and put bucket back in the band, it would have been perfect IMO.  There were just less solos in 06 and the solos in 02 were better IMO.
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2007, 11:00:41 PM »

i went to columbus oh 02 and the final hammerstein show, msg 06, and cleveland ohio 06.  they all kicked ass.  they were all great in their own way.  i think hammerstein was best, the small venue, izzy's appearance, it was just a really special show.  06's production and performance was as a whole way better then 02, but 02 had it great moments too.  axl didn't suck in 02, but he sounded way better in 06. 

and the dude that made the post originally....the cancellation was a trauma, worst day of your life?  oh, get a grip, it's only a cancelled show.  i good friend of mine who lives in texas had tickets to vancouver 02, and BOTH philly shows in 02, and all 3 were cancelled, so not only did she not get to see them, but she had traveled all that way too, had taken off work and all, so she lost a lot really.  and she's not traumatized! 
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2007, 07:13:04 AM »

I seen GN'R in Toronto back in 2002. I thought it was the best show I had ever seen. Axl sounded great to me, even after seeing the VMA performance. It was a great show, and I enjoyed hearing The Blues live. It seemed as if I was the only person in my section that knew the new tunes.
Come 2006, when Guns came back to Toronto, this time it was General Admission floors, so I got front row. Seeing Axl walk up on stage that close was fucking amazing. I didn't know wether to yell or just look on in amazement. Then the show started  hihi From Jungle all the way to Paradise City the 2006 show was miles ahead of that in 2002. Everything about it was better. The band tighter, and Axl sounding 100% more like how he did many years before. Great fucking experience. smoking

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
savedsol
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2007, 10:11:40 AM »

02 Chicago was awesome. Buckethead was creepy but a lot of fun. Couple sound hiccups but nothing major.

06 Chicago was a good band performance and Axl was always on key but it started soooo late that half the crowd left or was too tired to get into it. Also, Axl had strep throat so he never talked to the crowd which took a lot of personality out of the show. Also the guitar solo's were soooo long they bored the piss out of everyone (some literally to sleep - no joke). Bach's band was awesome though.

Hammerstein - was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I was there!
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2007, 11:22:40 AM »

I was really pissed off ok, I wasnt traumatized.  Its all just a figure of speech

markpeterhughes73
Headliner

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2007, 11:30:12 AM »

I was really pissed off ok, I wasnt traumatized.? Its all just a figure of speech

Whatever, we all have a right to be pissed off right now so keep the vibe and show the GNR camp we cannot wait any longer we want PROGRESS! or updates at the very least.
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2007, 11:33:34 AM »

Axl really needs to say something at this first show in Mexico.  I hope he does.  Not that this has any relavance I predict the corn rows are gone.

markpeterhughes73
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2007, 11:38:56 AM »

Axl really needs to say something at this first show in Mexico.? I hope he does.? Not that this has any relavance I predict the corn rows are gone.

corn rows, lol.  Like this post. I hope there gone too!
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2007, 11:41:50 AM »

wtf is wrong with this post?

markpeterhughes73
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2007, 11:50:28 AM »

nothing!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2007, 12:08:03 PM »

I am from Milwaukee and had the privelage of seeing them play in Chicago in 02.? I have been to so many big shows in my life, The 2002 show was one of the best productions I have ever seen in my life.? How did the 02 06 productions compare.? Were they similar which one was better?? I was going to see them in Milwaukee in 06.? That show was one of the cancelled dates on the tour.? I might add that the trauma of that cancellation was one of the worst days of my life.? I can only imagine how the philly fans felt in 2002.? ?Since I am here I also want to know if there are any Milwaukee GnR fans here.? ?I also want to add that I was banned from this site a few months ago.? I just wanted to apologize to Jarmo and anyone else that was pissed off at what happened on my screen name.? ?Its a privelage to be on this site.? ?LOL I feel like Eddie Haskel right now.?

i went to toronto in 2002 and also toronto 2006. In 2002 i think the energy was a bit more electric. as well it was my first time ever seeing Axl live so  for me it was really amazing and IMO BH was very captivating to watch.

2006, the crowd seemed a bit more subdued, i dunno what it was (maybe cuz it was a weekday and so late), but at the same time in 2006 they seemed much more united as a band, more chemistry between them all? i dunno how to explain it.

if you are debating on whether or not to see them....i'd say if you are a big fan then yes go, besides you get to see them play the latest leaked tracks and possible new ones if the album is out by the time you go. as for me....2006 show was really cool, but until they release the album and play more new tracks i will not be donating to the GnR tour this time around peace

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2007, 05:01:57 AM »

Axl really needs to say something at this first show in Mexico.  I hope he does.  Not that this has any relavance I predict the corn rows are gone.

For the millionth time...Axl has braids, not corn rows.  Will he have something to say?  I think so.  Will the braids be gone, no, I don't think so.  What do I base that on?  Absolutely nothing!   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
dulcielyn
Opening Act

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2007, 09:17:29 AM »

I'm from Milwaukee.? ?I did not see them in 02 or 06.? On top of having Milwaukee tickets, i bought tickets for Reno after the Milwaukee cancellation.? ?Then Reno cancelled.? Yet I still love this band.
axlnyc
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2007, 11:36:59 AM »

2002 was good, but 2006 was BETTER(R.Fink).

81688-NJ
61791-LI, NY
120991-MSG
121391-MSG
71892-NJ
72992-NJ
30693-CT
120502-MSG
51206-NYC
51506-NYC
51706-NYC
110506-NJ
111006-MSG
111711-NJ
111911-CT
112611-NJ
2/10/12-NYC
2/12/12-
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2007, 12:25:21 PM »

I am from Milwaukee and had the privelage of seeing them play in Chicago in 02.  I have been to so many big shows in my life, The 2002 show was one of the best productions I have ever seen in my life.  How did the 02 06 productions compare.  Were they similar which one was better?  I was going to see them in Milwaukee in 06.  That show was one of the cancelled dates on the tour.  I might add that the trauma of that cancellation was one of the worst days of my life.  I can only imagine how the philly fans felt in 2002.   Since I am here I also want to know if there are any Milwaukee GnR fans here.   I also want to add that I was banned from this site a few months ago.  I just wanted to apologize to Jarmo and anyone else that was pissed off at what happened on my screen name.   Its a privelage to be on this site.   LOL I feel like Eddie Haskel right now. 

Wow, for me that's a tough question because it's REALLY hard to compare the 2 shows.  I saw them in '02 at the Hartford Civic Center and in '06 at the Hammerstein.  Two completely different kinds of experiences/venues.  I VASTLY preferred the Hammerstein show, but a LOT of that had to do with the intimacy of the venue, etc.  I do have to say, I liked Axl's voice better in '06, too.  With the "new" material added to the '06 show.....that was a real treat for me. 

But I also really liked the '02 show.  Seeing GnR with a hyped up arena crowd, for the first time in almost a decade, was a real treat.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2007, 01:39:15 PM »

Coma! You are soo right about Hammerstein!!. That was the single best time of my life!! I soo hope to do that again!
amy

Absolutely -  That was just a special show - Was on the general floor but somewhat towards the back.  Incredible night
West Arkeen_
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2007, 11:02:07 AM »

Axl had a much better stage performance in 02, but he sings better in 06. But i dont think the show is better now, Axl isnt running and dancing like he did on 02.

And, off course Buckethead is missing, i really dont like Rhon that much
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2007, 11:23:10 AM »

I would say that Axls stage performance in 2002, he was just going through the motions of what he did during the 91-93 tour.  In 06 he sort of reinvented how he performed.

huntermc
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2007, 12:11:43 AM »

I missed the 02 show in Chicago because I was hoping that they'd come back around and play Milwaukee, but then the cancelled the rest of the tour. And I had tickets for 06 in Milwaukee and I was also pretty disappointed when they cancelled it. At least they let us know the day before, so that everyone didn't waste their time going to the Bradley Center, only to find out that there was no show. Still, I'd get tickets again if they announce another Milwaukee show on the latest tour. But I know other people that wouldn't after getting burned last time.
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2007, 04:20:28 AM »

I went to the 02 Docklands Arena Show in London, and in 06 went to the Wembley 30th show.

I felt 02 was a much lower key show, though Axl sounded pretty good vocally (two days before MTV awards when I think he knackered his voice).  Also the new songs in 02 (Chi Dem, Blues and Rhiad I think) were pretty poorly received in temrs of a muted crowd response (no one know them I guess)

06 much more electric atmosphere, crowd far more involved - however sadly the show was cut short in comparison with the date the night before at Wembley, as Axl was ill and the set was cut short by 20-30 mins.  Only one new song and Baz sang Paradise City, accompanied by midgets which was extremely bizarre, so a slightly bewildering end to a great show....  Will go to next London show though..
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2007, 03:01:03 PM »

i see them at London Arena in 2002 and in 2006 twice at Hammersmith Apollo and Wembley Arena (the first night where Axl actuliy performed!).

hate to say it but prefered 2002 overall, think it was just because it was my first experience of them live.
saying that though the musicianship at the 2006 concerts was better, they even did a melody of rod stewerts Sailing and Beatles Back In The USSR (Back In The Fuckin' UK!!) quality!? ok

GNR just rule live fullstop!

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2007, 03:16:45 PM »

02 (docklands and leeds) was good (though I thought leeds was the better of the two, probably as I hadn't seen Gnr for so long), but I thought the 06 tour (I saw them at Wembley, unfortunately when axl was sick and Seb Bach took over) was much more of a cohesive band in both sound and looks.
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2007, 05:29:21 PM »

Toronto 2002 - Amazing - Not representative to the rest of the tour reviews - was a kind of stand-out show
London 2002 - Very Good - not up to the Toronto standard set 2 nights previously
Toronto 2006 - Amazing - Hardly different - band a bit tighter but missed Buckethead

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2007, 06:01:07 PM »

I was at Cleveland 2002 and Cleveland 2006

2002- Was my first GnR show, so that will stick out alot for me. I loved the show and had 2nd row seats to boot, sucked sitting thru CKY and even Mix Master Mike  Tongue. I hated the fact the floor had seating and no open standing. Even though I thought Axl sounded decent, I was still very pleased with what I saw.

2006- Blew away from what I saw in 2002, the band was spot on, and not having to sit down was incredible. I will truly remember standing outside of the Q Arena for hours freezing my ass off waiting to score front row. I did and I was treated to the most amazing night of my life. Sebastian kicked ass, Pigeons of shit metal sucked! Then the boys came in and blew me the fuck away. I have never felt the engergy before it was def a rush. I will forever keep that show in my memory.

So 2006 by far the best !
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 06:22:05 PM by mega_music » Logged

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2007, 06:17:39 PM »

Saw them in '02 and was dissapointed enough to skip the '06 tour and to stop following them. Needless to say, I have some renewed interest in the band.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: