Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:42:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  if you went in 02 and 06 both answer this question. Also any milwaukee fans
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: if you went in 02 and 06 both answer this question. Also any milwaukee fans  (Read 21126 times)
huntermc
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2007, 12:11:43 AM »

I missed the 02 show in Chicago because I was hoping that they'd come back around and play Milwaukee, but then the cancelled the rest of the tour. And I had tickets for 06 in Milwaukee and I was also pretty disappointed when they cancelled it. At least they let us know the day before, so that everyone didn't waste their time going to the Bradley Center, only to find out that there was no show. Still, I'd get tickets again if they announce another Milwaukee show on the latest tour. But I know other people that wouldn't after getting burned last time.
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2007, 04:20:28 AM »

I went to the 02 Docklands Arena Show in London, and in 06 went to the Wembley 30th show.

I felt 02 was a much lower key show, though Axl sounded pretty good vocally (two days before MTV awards when I think he knackered his voice).  Also the new songs in 02 (Chi Dem, Blues and Rhiad I think) were pretty poorly received in temrs of a muted crowd response (no one know them I guess)

06 much more electric atmosphere, crowd far more involved - however sadly the show was cut short in comparison with the date the night before at Wembley, as Axl was ill and the set was cut short by 20-30 mins.  Only one new song and Baz sang Paradise City, accompanied by midgets which was extremely bizarre, so a slightly bewildering end to a great show....  Will go to next London show though..
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2007, 03:01:03 PM »

i see them at London Arena in 2002 and in 2006 twice at Hammersmith Apollo and Wembley Arena (the first night where Axl actuliy performed!).

hate to say it but prefered 2002 overall, think it was just because it was my first experience of them live.
saying that though the musicianship at the 2006 concerts was better, they even did a melody of rod stewerts Sailing and Beatles Back In The USSR (Back In The Fuckin' UK!!) quality!? ok

GNR just rule live fullstop!

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2007, 03:16:45 PM »

02 (docklands and leeds) was good (though I thought leeds was the better of the two, probably as I hadn't seen Gnr for so long), but I thought the 06 tour (I saw them at Wembley, unfortunately when axl was sick and Seb Bach took over) was much more of a cohesive band in both sound and looks.
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2007, 05:29:21 PM »

Toronto 2002 - Amazing - Not representative to the rest of the tour reviews - was a kind of stand-out show
London 2002 - Very Good - not up to the Toronto standard set 2 nights previously
Toronto 2006 - Amazing - Hardly different - band a bit tighter but missed Buckethead

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2007, 06:01:07 PM »

I was at Cleveland 2002 and Cleveland 2006

2002- Was my first GnR show, so that will stick out alot for me. I loved the show and had 2nd row seats to boot, sucked sitting thru CKY and even Mix Master Mike  Tongue. I hated the fact the floor had seating and no open standing. Even though I thought Axl sounded decent, I was still very pleased with what I saw.

2006- Blew away from what I saw in 2002, the band was spot on, and not having to sit down was incredible. I will truly remember standing outside of the Q Arena for hours freezing my ass off waiting to score front row. I did and I was treated to the most amazing night of my life. Sebastian kicked ass, Pigeons of shit metal sucked! Then the boys came in and blew me the fuck away. I have never felt the engergy before it was def a rush. I will forever keep that show in my memory.

So 2006 by far the best !
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 06:22:05 PM by mega_music » Logged

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2007, 06:17:39 PM »

Saw them in '02 and was dissapointed enough to skip the '06 tour and to stop following them. Needless to say, I have some renewed interest in the band.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: