Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:30:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Cindy Sheehan Quits..."Dems caved in to Bush"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cindy Sheehan Quits..."Dems caved in to Bush"  (Read 29736 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 02:30:19 AM »

The guy was a free man who made an adult choice by his own free will so whats the beef?

Cindy Sheehan made an adult choice of her own free will for something she obviously believed was a worthwhile cause, knowing full well the potential consequences. Where's the beef? Got milk?

His problem with her isn't with her rights to protest but, obviously, her failure to do so on principle, prior to her son's death, and her use of her son's death when there may be evidence that their views of this war, or at least of his willingness to serve, were different.

Should that even be a consideration? Are timing and familial dissonance deal-breakers in war protest etiquette? And is D really railing against cause-and-effect? The answers to those questions and more coming up; first, a message from our sponsors.

She's unwilling to protest the killing of others' sons and daughters, but suddenly is an activist after her son is killed?  Yeah, I think that's fair game. 

I'm sure the costs she's borne are immense, in losing her son, but there's no strong middle ground, here.  There are political and moral beliefs about what is right and wrong, and how things SHOULD be.  If she's one for activism, and thought the war was wrong, then the death of one soldier, whether it was her son or not, should have been enough.  Now, apparently she wasn't fond of the war from the beginning, so I don't think she's a hypocrite who thought the war was great, until it adversely affected her.  And I'm certainly willing to give her some leeway, since our reasons for warring seem to change regularly.  But, yes, I think the timing is important. 

That said, my own questions as to her character don't change the value of her ideals or activism.  I think they were important and, generally, right. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 02:33:43 AM »

Call it free will vs determinism as touched upon in the "deranged zealot" thread.

PS. If I had to sing the lyrics 'a universal truth' I would change it to "an universal truth' - it flows better off the tongue.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 02:50:59 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 02:44:40 AM »

and it was on CNN's front page as well.  Fucking liberal media bias!!!   Roll Eyes

Liberal media bias = "too lazy to think or look past the end of my fucking nose."
sandman
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2007, 05:44:38 AM »

again, words in my mouth. but here it is anyway....

Dear Democratic Congress,

Hello, my name is Cindy Sheehan and my son Casey Sheehan was killed on April 04, 2004 in Sadr City , Baghdad , Iraq . He was killed when the Republicans still were in control of Congress. Naively, I set off on my tireless campaign calling on Congress to rescind George?s authority to wage his war of terror while asking him ?for what noble cause? did Casey and thousands of other have to die. Now, with Democrats in control of Congress, I have lost my optimistic naivet? and have become cynically pessimistic as I see you all caving into as one Daily Kos poster called: ?Mr. 28%?

There is absolutely no sane or defensible reason for you to hand Bloody King George more money to condemn more of our brave, tired, and damaged soldiers and the people of Iraq to more death and carnage. You think giving him more money is politically expedient, but it is a moral abomination and every second the occupation of Iraq endures, you all have more blood on your hands.

Ms. Pelosi, Speaker of the House, said after George signed the new weak as a newborn baby funding authorization bill: ?Now, I think the president?s policy will begin to unravel.? Begin to unravel? How many more of our children will have to be killed and how much more of Iraq will have to be demolished before you all think enough unraveling has occurred? How many more crimes will BushCo be allowed to commit while their poll numbers are crumbling before you all gain the political ?courage? to hold them accountable. If Iraq hasn?t unraveled in Ms. Pelosi?s mind, what will it take? With almost 700,000 Iraqis dead and four million refugees (which the US refuses to admit) how could it get worse? Well, it is getting worse and it can get much worse thanks to your complicity.

Being cynically pessimistic, it seems to me that this new vote to extend the war until the end of September, (and let?s face it, on October 1st, you will give him more money after some more theatrics, which you think are fooling the anti-war faction of your party) will feed right into the presidential primary season and you believe that if you just hang on until then, the Democrats will be able to re-take the White House. Didn?t you see how ?well? that worked for John Kerry in 2004 when he played the politics of careful fence sitting and pandering? The American electorate are getting disgusted with weaklings who blow where the wind takes them while frittering away our precious lifeblood and borrowing money from our new owners, the Chinese.

I knew having a Democratic Congress would make no difference in grassroots action. That?s why we went to DC when you all were sworn in to tell you that we wanted the troops back from Iraq and BushCo held accountable while you pushed for ethics reform which is quite a hoot?don?t? you think? We all know that it is affordable for you all to play this game of political mayhem because you have no children in harm?s way?let me tell you what it is like:

You watch your reluctant soldier march off to a war that neither you nor he agrees with. Once your soldier leaves the country all you can do is worry. You lie awake at night staring at the moon wondering if today will be the day that you get that dreaded knock on your door. You can?t concentrate, you can?t eat, and your entire life becomes consumed with apprehension while you are waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Then, when your worst fears are realized, you begin a life of constant pain, regret, and longing. Everyday is hard, but then you come up on ?special? days?like upcoming Memorial Day. Memorial Day holds double pain for me because, not only are we supposed to honor our fallen troops, but Casey was born on Memorial Day in 1979. It used to be a day of celebration for us and now it is a day of despair. Our needlessly killed soldiers of this war and the past conflict in Vietnam have all left an unnecessary trail of sorrow and deep holes of absence that will never be filled.

So, Democratic Congress, with the current daily death toll of 3.72 troops per day, you have condemned 473 more to these early graves. 473 more lives wasted for your political greed: Thousands of broken hearts because of your cowardice and avarice. How can you even go to sleep at night or look at yourselves in a mirror? How do you put behind you the screaming mothers on both sides of the conflict? How does the agony you have created escape you? It will never escape me?I can?t run far enough or hide well enough to get away from it.

By the end of September, we will be about 80 troops short of another bloody milestone: 4000, and MoveOn.org will hold nationwide candlelight vigils and you all will be busy passing legislation that will snuff the lights out of thousands more human beings.

Congratulations Congress, you have bought yourself a few more months of an illegal and immoral bloodbath. And you know you mean to continue it indefinitely so ?other presidents? can solve the horrid problem BushCo forced our world into.

It used to be George Bush?s war. You could have ended it honorably. Now it is yours and you all will descend into calumnious history with BushCo.

The Camp Casey Peace Institute is calling all citizens who are as disgusted as we are with you all to join us in Philadelphia on July 4th to try and figure a way out of this ?two? party system that is bought and paid for by the war machine which has a stranglehold on every aspect of our lives. As for myself, I am leaving the Democratic Party. You have completely failed those who put you in power to change the direction our country is heading. We did not elect you to help sink our ship of state but to guide it to safe harbor.

We do not condone our government?s violent meddling in sovereign countries and we condemn the continued murderous occupation of Iraq .

We gave you a chance, you betrayed us.

Sincerely,
Cindy Sheehan
Founder and President of
Gold Star Families for Peace.

Founder and Director of
The Camp Casey Peace Institute

Eternally grieving mother of Casey Sheehan

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
GeraldFord
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2007, 06:42:43 AM »

"Her politics have hurt a lot of people, including the troops and their families, but most of us who support the war on terror understand she is hurt very deeply," Taylor said Tuesday. "Those she got involved with in the anti-war movement realize it was to their benefit to keep her in that stage of anger."

Roll Eyes

Oh shut the fuck up. Yeah, Cindy Sheehan hurt a lot of people....

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2007, 06:55:39 AM »

Thank God

I never liked Cindy Sheehan.

1. Her son RE ENLISTED! So obviously he believed in the war and the cause. She has a right as a grieving mother to do what she wants but it wasnt George Bush's fault her son died. He volunteered to go back so he knew what he was getting into and she needs to accept that and move on.

That was her biggest failure not being able to accept that point, it was her sons decision.

Well said D!

I'm happy to see this media attention whore going! At first, I felt bad for her at first when she lost her son, but as the truth about this bitch came out more and more she lost all her credibility. She's nothing more than a whiner and a bitter griever!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2007, 09:34:28 AM »

I'm happy to see this media attention whore going! At first, I felt bad for her at first when she lost her son, but as the truth about this bitch came out more and more she lost all her credibility. She's nothing more than a whiner and a bitter griever!

Yay internet dude! Bag on that somebody who did something that you didn't agree with! Make unqualified judgments and cast random aspersions! Preach authoritatively from the lofty perch of anonymity! She might never read it, but that bitch is pwned! The internet rules. Yay.   
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2007, 09:37:21 AM »

Anyone who makes a stand.
Anyone who stands up for what they believe in and acts on it should be commended.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2007, 10:27:49 AM »

Anyone who stands up for what they believe in and acts on it should be commended.

including Jerry Falwell?

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2007, 10:53:35 AM »

including Jerry Falwell?

No, there's exceptions to every rule.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2007, 11:29:47 AM »

Man, talk about a rambling piece of rubbish.  That letter doesn't do it for me.  She really seems to want to alternate between disrespectful referrals to the President ("George" and "BushCo") while treating the Congress in a more respectful tone (Ms. Pelosi), which makes no sense, as this is a letter to Congress, letting them know what a bunch of fuckups they truly are (I agree with her, there!  hihi)

That, and her rambling attempts to criticize the war while connecting it with Vietnam and "our new masters, the Chinese"...WTF?  Huh 

I call on Congress to end CindyCo's war on the English language, by ending the war in Iraq! 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2007, 05:02:34 PM »

Yay internet dude! Bag on that somebody who did something that you didn't agree with! Make unqualified judgments and cast random aspersions! Preach authoritatively from the lofty perch of anonymity! She might never read it, but that bitch is pwned! The internet rules. Yay.   

Your one to be speaking aren't you? Those who live in glass houses should't throw stones.

I could care less if she reads anything I have to say about her or not. It's my opinion of such a pittiful woman who dragged her son's name thru the mud. She's a disgrace and does nothing more than bitch and moan and bitch and moan and bitch and moan....

But if I ever do run into her you can bet I will tell her what I think she is.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2007, 06:20:22 PM »

She probably has some sort of publicly available email address. You don't have to wait until you bump into her, get on it.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2007, 06:21:46 PM »

I doubt that.......
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2007, 06:31:55 PM »

She probably has some sort of publicly available email address. You don't have to wait until you bump into her, get on it.

She's not worth an email. And like I said, I don't care if she reads about anything I have to say about her. But if I run in to her, she'll hear from me.

I doubt that.......

Like you have any idea anyways.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2007, 06:33:02 PM »

interesting point she makes about the Dems essentially killing almost 500 more soldiers because of their "cowardice".

i'm sure at least a few of you will be traveling to Philly for the 4th. PM me and i'll hook you up with travel tips. maybe we could even meet up for a beer - it's a great city.

The Camp Casey Peace Institute is calling all citizens who are as disgusted as we are with you all to join us in Philadelphia on July 4th to try and figure a way out of this ?two? party system that is bought and paid for by the war machine which has a stranglehold on every aspect of our lives.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2007, 06:34:37 PM »

Like you have any idea anyways.

Anybody who supported this regime and continues to do so doesn't really come off as having any backbone. Beating up on a grieving war Mom is probably right up your alley though, maybe I'm wrong.

i'm sure at least a few of you will be traveling to Philly for the 4th. PM me and i'll hook you up with travel tips. maybe we could even meet up for a beer - it's a great city.

Wow, me too? I'll be there for an Al Franken book signing, I'm sure I'll be real thirsty!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2007, 06:46:44 PM »

Anybody who supported this regime and continues to do so doesn't really come off as having any backbone. Beating up on a grieving war Mom is probably right up your alley though, maybe I'm wrong.

No, it's not up my alley. This is the only "grieving" parent I have struck out against among the thousands of parents that have lost their children. She whored herself into the media's hands and ran with it. Her son made a choice. TWICE! Meanwhile, she puts all the blame on Bush.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2007, 06:57:40 PM »

She whored herself into the media's hands and ran with it. Her son made a choice. TWICE! Meanwhile, she puts all the blame on Bush.

Bush duped her son right into an early grave. Along with thousands who died because of his fairy tales. She has a right to be angry about it all.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2007, 07:03:32 PM »

Bush duped her son right into an early grave. Along with thousands who died because of his fairy tales. She has a right to be angry about it all.

How do you know her son was duped? You know, he could have believed, among other thousands of other serviceman, with all his heart that he was doing the right thing and backed President Bush 100%, therefore deciding to go back a second time to fight for his country. The woman can be mad but the anger reflects back towards her son also.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: