Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:06:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227817 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ULTIMATE GNR 2007
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ULTIMATE GNR 2007  (Read 12124 times)
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

Waiting, waiting, waiting some more... Chin Dem?

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2007, 12:32:19 PM »

GNR shouldn't (and won't) waste a penny of their resources or an ounce of their energies on publicity until the album's actually coming out.

Tours don't mean the album's coming out.? If anything, it's the opposite.? Tours mean the band's still got some work to do on the album, but need to raise some funds to do so.? The label cut the band off years ago.? When re-recording and re-mixing needs to be done, Axl's gotta pay for it himself.

How exactly does anyone expect Axl to manage the publicity and pre-release for his album when he's doing shows all night?? And even if you don't believe me, can't you just believe history?? This isn't the first time the band's toured without CD coming out.? What have we learned about that process?

What we've learned about this process is that it shouldn't take this long to produce music and Axl DOESN'T do PR. I know that its not upto him personally but I feel the tour was to get funds for the release but things aren't going to plan. GNR are no longer capable of the success they once had but at the same time it comes down to the press and the final release.  Whether they become part of the big rock picture or whether they fail miserably is anyones and everyones guess but Axl has reportedly already spent FAR too much money on this comeback and with the lack of PR I personally can't see a comeback being successful. There is too much pressure on him to recoup money already spent. This is done through touring and the release won't happen until that money is returned.  WOULD YOU FRONT IT? you'd want some return on your investment and the touring is making up for this shortfall. Lets face it, if the album is released tomorrow will it really hold and recoup the debt. NO and that is why we are waiting so long but the press isn't ONSIDE Axl is an oldtimer past it in their eyes. The 90s are no longer here so Axl has a very uphill struggle to make something happen and that will undoubtedly be a struggle. In fact if this album ever makes the album charts will probably be one of rocks greatest comebacks but ask yourself is it possible right now I can't see 90s success at all but I do hope but I'm also realistic. I've been a Gunner since 86 and know that they will have an almost impossible task of getting what they had back.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2007, 10:30:34 AM »

GNR shouldn't (and won't) waste a penny of their resources or an ounce of their energies on publicity until the album's actually coming out.

Tours don't mean the album's coming out.? If anything, it's the opposite.? Tours mean the band's still got some work to do on the album, but need to raise some funds to do so.? The label cut the band off years ago.? When re-recording and re-mixing needs to be done, Axl's gotta pay for it himself.

How exactly does anyone expect Axl to manage the publicity and pre-release for his album when he's doing shows all night?? And even if you don't believe me, can't you just believe history?? This isn't the first time the band's toured without CD coming out.? What have we learned about that process?

What we've learned about this process is that it shouldn't take this long to produce music and Axl DOESN'T do PR. I know that its not upto him personally but I feel the tour was to get funds for the release but things aren't going to plan. GNR are no longer capable of the success they once had but at the same time it comes down to the press and the final release.? Whether they become part of the big rock picture or whether they fail miserably is anyones and everyones guess but Axl has reportedly already spent FAR too much money on this comeback and with the lack of PR I personally can't see a comeback being successful. There is too much pressure on him to recoup money already spent. This is done through touring and the release won't happen until that money is returned.? WOULD YOU FRONT IT? you'd want some return on your investment and the touring is making up for this shortfall. Lets face it, if the album is released tomorrow will it really hold and recoup the debt. NO and that is why we are waiting so long but the press isn't ONSIDE Axl is an oldtimer past it in their eyes. The 90s are no longer here so Axl has a very uphill struggle to make something happen and that will undoubtedly be a struggle. In fact if this album ever makes the album charts will probably be one of rocks greatest comebacks but ask yourself is it possible right now I can't see 90s success at all but I do hope but I'm also realistic. I've been a Gunner since 86 and know that they will have an almost impossible task of getting what they had back.

Axl's got to take the gag's out of his band members and let them talk about th experience o being guns, replacing legends, and the writing/recording process and all that went into them being in the band.  Everyone whose a guns fan knows how the originals got into the band but all we know about these guys is they've been working with Axl for varying periods of time.  This band lacks the authenticity of the originals and will never be seen as a band until we hear from the others about their experience. 

Also, Axl and his label and whoever else is holding up te release of CD should take their collective skirts off and release the album already.

Then as the old band did; hit the smaller clubs cross country and tear it up, not just NYC........the original band had labels fighting over them and it all started from their shows.

Maybe at the end of the tour, do the free Central Park show and go do the club scene in Europe.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2007, 12:35:55 PM »

This band lacks the authenticity of the originals and will never be seen as a band until we hear from the others about their experience. 

Axl carefully gathered around him the musicians he thought capable of working in a collaborative fashion with him in order to produce new music worthy of the Guns N' Roses name.  After seeing this band live on many occasions during 2006, and hearing them inject a freshness and energy into old songs as well as showcase new tracks of great quality, I don't see how anyone could not consider them "a band".  Interviews with the band members would provide interesting background to the process behind the rebuilding of GNR and recording of the album, but in my opinion, would make no difference to their credibility as a band.

Then as the old band did; hit the smaller clubs cross country and tear it up, not just NYC........the original band had labels fighting over them and it all started from their shows.

Maybe at the end of the tour, do the free Central Park show and go do the club scene in Europe.

Why would they want to slog their way across either the US or Europe playing small clubs when they already sell out arenas without even having the album out?  They're not a new band just getting their foot on the first rung of the ladder, GNR as a whole (and the band members as individuals) are a known quantity within the industry, and outside it in some cases.  I believe that whatever the marketing strategy being planned (or already in place), it will be a good deal more complex than anything already speculated upon.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if it encompasses techniques both old and new, and possibly throws something groundbreaking and so-far untried into the mix too.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2007, 07:42:52 PM »

Thanks for that insight Cyllan.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2007, 09:44:34 AM »

Axl's got to take the gag's out of his band members and let them talk......

I still don't know where the idea comes from that Axl is forcing these guys not to talk.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2007, 11:09:42 AM »

Everything starts with releasing the new record.  It just doesn't make sense to me to tour without it, unless they need money to finish it.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2007, 07:28:48 AM »

Axl's got to take the gag's out of his band members and let them talk......

I still don't know where the idea comes from that Axl is forcing these guys not to talk.

Because the other members say so Lips Sealed
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2007, 07:32:09 AM »

Why would they want to slog their way across either the US or Europe playing small clubs when they already sell out arenas without even having the album out?? They're not a new band just getting their foot on the first rung of the ladder, GNR as a whole (and the band members as individuals) are a known quantity within the industry, and outside it in some cases.? I believe that whatever the marketing strategy being planned (or already in place), it will be a good deal more complex than anything already speculated upon.? I wouldn't be at all surprised if it encompasses techniques both old and new, and possibly throws something groundbreaking and so-far untried into the mix too.

I was replying to the person who doubted the GnR would rule like they did when they first came out;  sorry to say it but though the name remains the same, the entire band is a new band, and the only member who has a recognizable name is Axl
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: