Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:59:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Pres. Bush wants you to eat tainted meat!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pres. Bush wants you to eat tainted meat!!  (Read 2899 times)
The Dog
Legend

« on: May 30, 2007, 07:50:39 PM »

I think I've read it all now from this admin.  They are really un-fucking-believable.

U.S. government fights to keep meatpackers from testing all slaughtered cattle for mad cow
The Associated Press
Published: May 29, 2007

WASHINGTON: The Bush administration said Tuesday it will fight to keep meatpackers from testing all their animals for mad cow disease.

The Agriculture Department tests fewer than 1 percent of slaughtered cows for the disease, which can be fatal to humans who eat tainted beef. A beef producer in the western state of Kansas, Creekstone Farms Premium Beef, wants to test all of its cows.

Larger meat companies feared that move because, if Creekstone should test its meat and advertised it as safe, they might have to perform the expensive tests on their larger herds as well.

The Agriculture Department regulates the test and argued that widespread testing could lead to a false positive that would harm the meat industry.

A federal judge ruled in March that such tests must be allowed. U.S. District Judge James Robertson noted that Creekstone sought to use the same test the government relies on and said the government didn't have the authority to restrict it. - A federal judge ruled in March that such tests must be allowed. The ruling was scheduled to take effect June 1, but the Agriculture Department said Tuesday it would appeal, effectively delaying the testing until the court challenge has played out.

Mad cow disease, or bovine spongiform encephalopathy, is linked to more than 150 human deaths worldwide, mostly in Britain.

Three cases of mad cow disease have been found in the United States. The first, in December 2003 in Washington state, was in a cow that had been imported from Canada. The second, in 2005, was in a cow born in Texas. The third was confirmed last year in an Alabama cow.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 07:53:37 PM »

ok

one word.

money.

html sucks
SLCPUNK
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 08:06:55 PM »

Look man, we should simply inspect the meat ourselves, you want Uncle Sam to do everything for you?

Besides the Agriculture Department is short handed at this current time, as most were given top cabinet positions with FEMA a year or so back.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 08:10:37 PM »

well, i remember when mad cow disease was a upcoming problem in england, alot ofpeople at the time (i knew anyway) were avoiding mcdonalds n places like that, so maybe it will make american a bit healithier if they decide to cook proper meat instead of buying mcdonalds.

html sucks
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 08:21:41 PM »

well, i remember when mad cow disease was a upcoming problem in england, alot ofpeople at the time (i knew anyway) were avoiding mcdonalds n places like that, so maybe it will make american a bit healithier if they decide to cook proper meat instead of buying mcdonalds.

It doesn't matter if they test it or not, here in america fat asses will continue to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars a year eating mcdonalds and other fast food resturaunts. Why cook the meat themselves when they can just go to the dollar menu ?

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 08:30:05 PM »

Look at it this way....if every cow was tested, the price of fuckin ribeyes would go through the roof.....and I love me them god damned ribeyes. If you don't think it's safe, don't eat it.

Axl is God.
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 08:35:30 PM »

Look at it this way....if every cow was tested, the price of fuckin ribeyes would go through the roof.....and I love me them god damned ribeyes. If you don't think it's safe, don't eat it.

Yeah, who would whine about contracting a fatal disease if they saved a buck on steak? Fucking sissies.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 10:02:53 PM »

The real crime here is that one company isn't being allowed to seperate itself from the competition by ensuring their customers that their meat is the safest.  If the larger companies don't want to test they shouldn't have too, but if Creekstone wants to they should be allowed to. 

So much for small business getting a competitive edge.  And, as most have mentioned, the customer loses out in this one as well.

I wish Bush would chase his tainted meat with a big glass of oil.  Love me those corporate interests  MMMMmmm Mmmmmm

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 10:25:13 PM »

It's no different than those dairy companies that got sued (by other dairy companies and the maker of the hormone) for advertising their milk as rBGH free, a few years back.     

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 10:42:18 PM »

It's no different than those dairy companies that got sued (by other dairy companies and the maker of the hormone) for advertising their milk as rBGH free, a few years back.     

no different but just as F'ed up?

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 10:43:13 PM »

Agreed...I seem to have forgotten that part in my statement.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 10:43:56 PM »

And people say it's the fully capitalist economies that lead to business decisions that harm the consumer.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 10:52:51 PM »

Agreed...I seem to have forgotten that part in my statement.

nah, i figured thats where you were going - just making sure though  ok

seriously though, can this admin do ANYTHING right???

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 10:53:44 PM »

seriously though, can this admin do ANYTHING right???

No.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 10:26:01 AM »

I thought Republicans supported free markets?  It is beyond fascinating what the neo-cons are doing to the Republican Party.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 11:23:08 AM »

I thought Republicans supported free markets?  It is beyond fascinating what the neo-cons are doing to the Republican Party.

Yeah...fascinating in the same way it's fascinating to watch a school bus get hit by a train.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
wink
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 11:57:19 AM »

Three cases of mad cow disease have been found in the United States. The first, in December 2003 in Washington state, was in a cow that had been imported from Canada. The second, in 2005, was in a cow born in Texas. The third was confirmed last year in an Alabama cow.

I think there is alot more than '3 cases' in the states. I'm from canada and we had 7-8 infected (over the past few years 2-3) and 90% were imported from the US
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: