Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:29:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  1,051 Pound Boar Killed By 11 Year Old
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1,051 Pound Boar Killed By 11 Year Old  (Read 7877 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: May 31, 2007, 02:03:01 PM »

MONTGOMERY, Alabama (AP) -- Hogzilla is being made into a horror movie. But the sequel may be even bigger: Meet Monster Pig.

An 11-year-old boy used a pistol to kill a wild hog his father says weighed a staggering 1,051 pounds and measured 9 feet 4, from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail. Think hams as big as car tires.

If the claims are accurate, Jamison Stone's trophy boar would be bigger than Hogzilla, the famed wild hog that grew to seemingly mythical proportions after being killed in South Georgia in 2004.

Hogzilla originally was thought to weigh 1,000 pounds and measure 12 feet long. National Geographic experts who unearthed its remains believe the animal actually weighed about 800 pounds and was 8 feet long.

Regardless of the comparison, Jamison is reveling in the attention over his pig.

"It feels really good," Jamison said. "It's a good accomplishment. I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."

Jamison, who killed his first deer at age 5, was hunting with father Mike Stone and two guides in east Alabama on May 3 when he bagged Monster Pig. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50-caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot.

Through it all, there was the fear that the animal would turn and charge them, as wild boars have a reputation for doing.

"I was a little bit scared, a little bit excited," said Jamison, who lives in Pickensville on the Mississippi border. He just finished the sixth grade on the honor roll at Christian Heritage Academy, a small, private school.

His father said that, just to be extra safe, he and the guides had high-powered rifles aimed and ready to fire in case the beast, with 5-inch tusks, decided to charge.

With the animal finally dead in a creek bed on the 2,500-acre Lost Creek Plantation, a commercial hunting preserve in Delta, trees had to be cut down and a backhoe brought in to bring Jamison's prize out of the woods.

It was hauled on a truck to the Clay County Farmers Exchange in Lineville, where Jeff Kinder said they used his scale, recently calibrated, to weigh the hog.

Kinder's scale measures only to the nearest 10, but Mike Stone said it balanced one notch past the 1,050-pound mark.

"It probably weighed 1,060 pounds. We were just afraid to change it once the story was out," he said.

The hog's head is being mounted by Jerry Cunningham of Jerry's Taxidermy. Cunningham said the animal measured 54 inches around the head, 74 inches around the shoulders and 11 inches from the eyes to the end of its snout.

"It's huge," he said. "It's just the biggest thing I've ever seen."

Mike Stone is having sausage made from the rest of the animal. "We'll probably get 500 to 700 pounds," he said.

Jamison, meanwhile, has been offered a small part in "The Legend of Hogzilla," a small-time horror flick based on the tale of the Georgia boar. The movie is holding casting calls with plans to begin filming in Georgia.

Jamison is enjoying the newfound celebrity generated by the hog hunt, but he said he prefers hunting pheasants to monster pigs: "They are a little less dangerous."

« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 02:10:15 PM by Malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 02:25:39 PM »

I almost beat the thing to death a couple of days prior to this with my bare hands!

Some get all the press...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 02:35:16 PM »

Whoa I almost thought that was my old prom date at first glance.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 02:36:08 PM »

You took an 11 yr old boy to the prom?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 02:40:33 PM »

He was my congressional page!  I swear. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 02:45:10 PM »

Whoa Deja vu...
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 02:45:30 PM »

Well, Bill was

a little bit scared, a little bit excited,"

you know..

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 11:58:10 PM »

how can hand gun that small kill something so big ?

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 01:02:53 PM »

u do know what a gun is right? Roll Eyes

An 11 year old with a gun..... America is sick. I would like to congratulate the parents for raising a child to take pleasure killing things - well done folks, well done confused

Quick! To the bandwagon!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 07:03:46 AM »

An 11 year old with a gun..... America is sick. I would like to congratulate the parents for raising a child to take pleasure killing things - well done folks, well done confused

Especially something so, well, lets be honest, magnificent as a pig that big! They're all so proud of their little boy! Bless

That's a hatrick for Doull
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 10:53:33 AM »

damn!!!
are you sure that's not the 6 year old girl from the other thread?

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 01:11:40 PM »

damn!!!
are you sure that's not the 6 year old girl from the other thread?

I thought it looked like yo' momma Roll Eyes
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 01:17:04 PM »

Sarcastic British prats: can't live with them, can't live without them  no
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 01:21:02 PM by Axlfreek » Logged

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 04:39:26 PM »

Chuck Norris actually roundhouse-kicked that thing when the kid turned is head.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Olorin
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 05:28:11 PM »

Wow, blasting animals to death with guns for fun.

How wonderful, he should be in line for the nobel prize for this heroic deed.

Undecided

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 06:36:49 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/02/monster.pig.ap/index.html

FRUITHURST, Alabama (AP) -- The huge hog that became known as "Monster Pig" after being hunted and killed by an 11-year-old boy had another name: Fred.

The not-so-wild pig had been raised on an Alabama farm and was sold to the Lost Creek Plantation just four days before it was shot there in a 150-acre fenced area, the animal's former owner said.

Phil Blissitt told The Anniston Star in a story Friday that he bought the 6-week-old pig in December 2004 as a Christmas gift for his wife, Rhonda, and that they sold it after deciding to get rid of all the pigs at their farm.

"I just wanted the truth to be told. That wasn't a wild pig," Rhonda Blissitt said.

Jamison Stone shot the huge hog during what he and his father described as a three-hour chase. They said it was more than 1,000 pounds and 9 feet long; if anything, it looked even bigger in a now-famous photo of the hunter and the hunted. (Watch the boy describe his 'monster' kill Video)

Mike Stone said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press on Friday that he had been under the impression that the hog was wild, not farm-raised.

Telephone messages left Friday with Eddy Borden, the owner of Lost Creek Plantation, were not immediately returned.

Stone said state wildlife officials told him that it is not unusual for hunting preserves to buy farm-raised hogs and that the hogs are considered feral once they are released.

Stone said he and his son met Blissitt on Friday morning to get more details about the hog. Blissitt said that he had about 15 hogs and decided to sell them for slaughter, but that no one would buy that particular animal because it was too big for slaughter or breeding, Stone said.

Blissitt said that the pig had become a nuisance and that visitors were often frightened by it, Stone said.

"He was nice enough to tell my son that the pig was too big and needed killing," Stone said. "He shook Jamison's hand and said he did not kill the family pet."

The Blissitts said they didn't know the hog that was hunted was Fred until they were contacted by a game warden for the Alabama Department of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries. The agency determined that no laws were violated in the hunt.

Phil Blissitt said he became irritated when he learned that some thought the photo of Fred was doctored.

"That was a big hog," he said.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 08:50:23 PM »

Ever have the feeling that there's a joke going on, and you aren't in on it?

Is there a reason why no one has mentioned that there's already a thread about this?? I've been waiting for someone to say something, for it to get merged, something.? But instead everyone is acting like there are two different giant pigs killed by an 11 year old.? Certainly I'm not the only one to notice, right? Or is there some reason to have two threads?

No you're not, I just didn't feel like acting like a wannabee mod this time Wink
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2007, 11:37:04 AM »

Ever have the feeling that there's a joke going on, and you aren't in on it?

Is there a reason why no one has mentioned that there's already a thread about this?? I've been waiting for someone to say something, for it to get merged, something.? But instead everyone is acting like there are two different giant pigs killed by an 11 year old.? Certainly I'm not the only one to notice, right? Or is there some reason to have two threads?

No you're not, I just didn't feel like acting like a wannabee mod this time Wink
Man Shocked, I Thought that was De Ja Vu...

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 02:59:38 AM »

Chuck Norris actually roundhouse-kicked that thing when the kid turned is head.

Actually that kid is the bastard offspring of Chuck Norris.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
MCT
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 07:53:12 PM »

An 11 year old with a gun..... America is sick.

An old woman got beaten, robbed and tortured in her own home here in Newfoundland...Canada is sick.

A sherpa recently left a climber for dead near the summit of Everest...Tibet is sick.

A young girl just got raped in Bangkok (no pun intended)...Thailand is sick.

Margaret Thatcher has funny hair...England is sick.

Someone just cracked open a beer in Acapulco...Mexico is sick.

A fat, hairy bastard just let go a nasty fart in Moscow...Russia is sick.

Someone is in a hospital in Tokyo...they're sick...Japan is sick.

Someone is annoyed with your specious assertions and your slovenly approach...MCT is sick.

You're sick...so fuck off with the pretentious bullshit.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 08:25:56 PM »

the united states of america is sick
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 08:42:34 PM »

so what else is new?
MCT
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 09:05:52 PM »

Possibility #1 - You're trying to be funny.

Possibility #2 - You're serious and you agree with buck's nuts (Izzy).

Possibility #3 - You engineered your post to antagonize me.

Admittedly now, those are only conjectured possibilities, and they don't really prove the point I'm trying to make. So just give me a second here to crunch the numbers...

...square root of 87.........divide that by 17.565....carry the 1.............x=.............headscratch..................

...................I got it!!!!!..............

...1+2+3=idiocy!

There! Proof!

so what else is new?

Nothing. That's the point. We're all sick, the whole world. And there's no need to take cheap, meaningless shots at one particular country in an effort to aggrandize your own point of view. It's stOOOOOOOOOOOOOOpid.
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 09:23:41 PM »

Yeah, we're sick. We got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 09:27:45 PM »

America might be "sick", but at least we have christopher walken  hihi

Hemingway
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2007, 07:00:19 AM »

Possibility #1 - You're trying to be funny.

Possibility #2 - You're serious and you agree with buck's nuts (Izzy).

Possibility #3 - You engineered your post to antagonize me.

Possibilty? #4 - Trying to make you understand that no one cares about that list you just made.. you haven't changed what anybody thinks with that list of sick countries..

so what else is new?

Nothing. That's the point. We're all sick, the whole world. And there's no need to take cheap, meaningless shots at one particular country in an effort to aggrandize your own point of view. It's stOOOOOOOOOOOOOOpid.

that right there is true.. except that we are not all sick.. but there's sick people in all countries
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2007, 07:01:55 AM »

that right there is true.. except that we are not all sick.. but there's sick people in all countries

No, we're all sick.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2007, 07:09:30 AM »

No, we're all sick.

yeah in the way that there's someone that think you are sick and someone thinking i'm sick but really we're just different from what they think are normal.. that don't make us sick
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2007, 07:15:24 AM »

yeah in the way that there's someone that think you are sick and someone thinking i'm sick but really we're just different from what they think are normal.. that don't make us sick

No, we're all sick, we all suffer from the same symptoms. A serial killer got the same issues we do, only more.

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2007, 07:17:36 AM »

America might be "sick", but at least we have christopher walken? hihi

Christopher Walken is one scary dude!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2007, 07:18:44 AM »

No, we're all sick, we all suffer from the same symptoms. A serial killer got the same issues we do, only more.

you are unreasonable... good day

I said good day
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2007, 07:20:23 AM »

Good day to you too.

MCT
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2007, 06:10:32 PM »

Possibilty? #4 - Trying to make you understand that no one cares about that list you just made.. you haven't changed what anybody thinks with that list of sick countries..

Actually, there were only three possibilities. And as you probably can't see (AND, as evidenced by your above confession) the third one rang true. Inconscient idiot.

no one cares about that list you just made

I could shit and it'd be more valuable than the best you'll ever post.

you haven't changed what anybody thinks with that list of sick countries

Maybe, maybe not. But at least I made an impression. You'll take note now of the glaring lack of Izzy...

Anyway, my mission wasn't to change the minds of the idiotic elite. It was simply to make a point that I'm sure you'll never understand, to Izzy. So that's stupid too.

so what else is new?

Will you be my guru?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 06:15:31 PM by MCT » Logged
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2007, 06:16:45 PM »

you're so funny MCT.. i didn't read what you said.. but i'm sure you're right in your opinion
MCT
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2007, 06:20:53 PM »

you're so funny MCT.. i didn't read what you said.. but i'm sure you're right in your opinion

Now that's a great comeback...

i didn't read what you said

Yes you did. That was a good one though.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2007, 06:26:33 PM »

Now that's a great comeback...

i didn't read what you said

Yes you did. That was a good one though.

i did read it afterward yes.. i didn't need a comeback.. you're always just so lame with all your quotes..  no need to continue this unless you feel like a 1,051 pig since that what this thread is about  Kiss
MCT
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2007, 06:45:08 PM »

i did read it afterward yes.. i didn't need a comeback.. you're always just so lame with all your quotes..? no need to continue this unless you feel like a 1,051 pig since that what this thread is about? Kiss

That's a better comeback, but it still didn't work. See, you just come off as opportunistic, bitter and downright imbecilic, whereas I remain the same, hardly lame and hardly changed in character or stature. Again though, good one.

Now, I have to go shit and then call someone. So if you wanna keep picking on me you might have to wait until tomorrow to hear me cry like a little girl.

Bye.
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: