Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:41:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 398485 times)
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2003, 09:57:40 AM »

I think Trent already finisshed his work on Doom III not walked away from it.... I think we'll hear the stuff he made for the game...

speaking about NIN record.... I think Tapeworm will see daylight before next NIN record...
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2003, 06:32:21 AM »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NiN.Com Has been UPDATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wait!It gets even better!
Mr. Reznor wrote the following on  Nin.com's forums:
"I'm alive.  Things are about to start happening."

It's strange that cnn.com doesn't mention anything about this in  their front page.Isn't it supposed to be a NEWS site?

Hip-Hip-Hooray.

Strarchild,
I think not.
According to the Theninhotline and few other news sites Reznor walked away. NO music/sounds my TR/NiN are going to appear in Doom III.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2003, 06:38:57 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
eraser
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2003, 11:35:11 PM »

yeah!!!!

and what about that hidden binary message!!! pretty fucked up!!

imagine how great it would be to have major news about nin and guns in the following month!!

and why not 2 new albums by the end of the year!!

oh fuck i have to be dreaming!!!!!!

Wink
Toni Cockin
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2003, 08:18:21 AM »

Can someone please help me?

I've have one of their songs on "The Crow" soundtrack and later I listened to "The Downward Spiral" at a friend's place, and I must say I really liked that shit. But I can't decide between buying this album or rather the "And all that could have been...live" double DVD, since I love concert DVD's and I heard the DVD is very good also.

So is that NIN live DVD really a good one, I mean is it good audio/video quality and good performance? Also, is there a "normal" jewel case edition of "The Downward Spiral"? (I hate digipacks.) And did they made a better album than "The Downward Spiral" (I think it hardly gets any better, does it?) What's it with "Pretty Hate Machine"? Is it as good?

Since I don't have the money to buy all their stuff, and I also don't like to download music, I'd really appreciate some help here. Thanks in advance!
electra
Appetite for horticulture
VIP

here comes the bride

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2003, 09:23:38 AM »

Can someone please help me?

I've have one of their songs on "The Crow" soundtrack and later I listened to "The Downward Spiral" at a friend's place, and I must say I really liked that shit. But I can't decide between buying this album or rather the "And all that could have been...live" double DVD, since I love concert DVD's and I heard the DVD is very good also.

So is that NIN live DVD really a good one, I mean is it good audio/video quality and good performance? Also, is there a "normal" jewel case edition of "The Downward Spiral"? (I hate digipacks.) And did they made a better album than "The Downward Spiral" (I think it hardly gets any better, does it?) What's it with "Pretty Hate Machine"? Is it as good?

Since I don't have the money to buy all their stuff, and I also don't like to download music, I'd really appreciate some help here. Thanks in advance!

Tough questions. I don't know if I could choose between the AATCHB DVD and The Downward Spiral album.  Undecided I love them both so very much.

Hmmm, I suggest you buy the DVD--the performance and sound quality is great--plus you get a selection of all of the good songs from the early "Pretty Hate Machine" era to the more recent "Fragile" album.

But "The Downward Spiral" is a classic album--you have to buy that eventually someday.  Smiley Don't buy "Pretty Hate Machine" first (even though it was the first of their albums that I ever bought and I loved it immediately)--some people think that album sounds a little dated; some NIN fans refer to it as "old school NIN music" because it was Trent's first work and he recorded it in the late 80s.

I don't know what a digipack is, so maybe someone else can answer that question for you.

Shine on you crazy diamond...
Toni Cockin
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2003, 09:43:14 AM »

Thanks for the quick reply, it helps a lot! Smiley

By digipack I mean those paper sleeve covers (instead of a jewel case). They look and feel great, but they just wear out too soon, that's why I don't like em.

As for the DVD...does anyone know where to get the 2-disc set for a REASONABLE price? Local and online shops don't have it for less than 40,- bucks, wich is IMO way too expensive. Even on ebay there aren't any sealed ones for a good price...so maybe someone knows an online shop were I could get this for...let's say 25 to 30 instead of 40?  Undecided

btw...any bonus material on the DVD? If so, what kind of material is it? Interviews or something?
electra
Appetite for horticulture
VIP

here comes the bride

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2003, 10:03:44 AM »

Oh, digipacks are paper sleeve covers. Yeah, I've got "The Downward Spiral" with the paper sleeve cover.

The DVD is expensive, unfortunately. I paid around $45 (Canadian) for mine. It's really worth it though, it's one of my favourite DVDs that I own.  Smiley

There's some "easter eggs" or hidden material on the DVD. If you check out these links:

http://www.dvdeastereggs.com/showEgg.php?eggid=512&grabEggs=n

http://www.dvdeastereggs.com/showEgg.php?eggid=1007&grabEggs=n

It describes how to access them and what they are (it includes a really good "Beautiful People" performance with Marilyn Manson).

Shine on you crazy diamond...
eraser
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2003, 10:05:57 AM »

the downward spiral might be a digipack or something, but there's is still a plastic case in it. so you can put aside the booklet and the paper cover and only carry the cd case..

the dvd is great. the sound is awesome and the visual are pretty good! in a few months, you might want to take a look at closure.. it's VHS and not on dvd, but if you like live performance it's a must. it's pretty different from aatchb.

theres is a few bonus on the dvd... a few videos and of course a performance with marilyn manson. go to www.theninhotline.com and you'll find everything nin related that you want.

i guess buying the dvd or aatchb cd is a good start since it's like a greatest hits.. but you'll have to buy downward spiral eventually! you need songs like mr self destruct and ruiner!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2003, 01:22:18 PM »

The AATCHB DVD is one of the best music DVDs I've seen.

Excellent!

I just want to add that there are two versions of the DVD.

One version with Dolby Digital sound and the other has DTS sound. So if your home theatre can handle DTS, I'd suggest trying to get the DTS version.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 10, 2003, 01:22:47 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2003, 07:49:19 AM »

Oh the exitement.
http://www.nothingstudios.com/ (Nothing = a Studio owned by TR&his manager)has updated, within more or less interesting info about the studio and, more importantly, pictures of Reznor's impressive arcade collection!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2003, 12:46:11 PM »

Oh the exitement.
http://www.nothingstudios.com/ (Nothing = a Studio owned by TR&his manager)has updated, within more or less interesting info about the studio and, more importantly, pictures of Reznor's impressive arcade collection!

That is a nice fucking place you seen all the shit they got there.......it's like a home from home
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2003, 11:24:08 AM »

That is a nice fucking place you seen all the shit they got there.......it's like a home from home
True:)
Trent has hauled even his Pac Man machine there!
Right now I have a fairly twisted image in my head of TR playing Pac Man with Manson.
"Flee faster you little yellow prick,if those red dudes catch you they'll fistfuck you like an animal."

NY Times, Stop The Press, for Danny Lohner Speaks!!!

Wow.This must be first time in a millenia someone who has something to do with NiN mentions NiN in an interview.
Briefly.
http://www.theninhotline.net/

It looks like Tapeworm isn't shelved afterall.
Actually, it is apparently fairly finished.Finally.
Jesus Christ.
CD AND Tapeworm slowly getting somewhere fairly near of being vaquely in a state that could be called "finished"..Apocalypse must be at hand.

LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2003, 12:53:48 PM »

!!!!!*Misc. expressions(Verbal and otherwise) of  pleasure*

Merely 4 months after Reznor stated  that "things are about to start happening"Danny Lohner announces, and I quote,  that NEW NIN ALBUM is likely to be FINISHED before the end of the year!!!!!
OH!I am ever so pleased, Yes I am!
(And don't you dare to bring me down with something like:
"Err LTD, Danny Lohner has NOTHING to do with (the recording of)new  NiN album,soo  is he really to be trusted on this?")

Oh, and Tapeworm is (still) "almost finished", like it has been from 1976-ish, apparently

Here's parts of the article, taken from tehnunhotline.net
- - -
Tapeworm
Lohner's long running side project has undergone a complete metamorphosis after he discarded all the old material and replaced it with a more focussed sound as well as the four key members. The band is now made up of Lohner, NIN mainman Trent Reznor, Tool's Maynard James Keenan and ex-12 Rounds drummer Atticus Ross. The group was originally set to mix an album last Christmas, however legal disputes over Reznor and Keenan being signed to different labels have once again put the project on hold. At least, until after Lohner has completed his current NIN duties.

"I've gotta get back with Trent and figure out when we can actually do it" Lohner explains. "We have very little work to do to finish it"

Although he reckons "musically it's hard to describe", Lohner says Tapeworm is "fairly well rounded with lots of different instrumentation - the things you've come to expect from the NIN camp but not strictly a guitar tock thing. With Maynard and Trent working together on the vocals there's been a lot of attention given to having hooky, anthemic choruses"

The Damning Well
This supergroup consists of Lohner, former Limp Bizkit guitarist Wes Borland, super-drummer Josh Freese and Filter vocalist Richard Patrick, and even though the band was formed specifically for the Underworld soundtrack they've continued to write material. With around 14 songs now completed "just for fun" the trio are hoping to eventually take time away from their permanent commitments to release an album.
"If we did put a record out, and it's fairly likely that we will, we'll definately tour on it" Lohner asserts "The sound is very agressive but not relying on nu-metal formulas. It takes some of my Nine Inch Nails influences and applies them to what Richard and Wes do".

Nine Inch Nails
With the eagerly awaited new album in full swing, Lohner says its likely to be completed by the end of the year, followed by a NIN world tour shortly after. Whetting fans' appitites he says "The new material is much more stripped down and raw than "The Fragile". It's like the antithesis of the last record, it's much more immediate, direct and agressive."
 - - -
« Last Edit: October 29, 2003, 12:59:47 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2003, 02:15:29 PM »

That's the best news i heard in ages NIN are up there with Skid Row, Gun N' Roses & Hanoi Rocks as one of my fave bands
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2003, 03:58:45 PM »

I love the NIN song 'closer'. just a great song with good sounds and expecially words!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2003, 03:59:29 PM by John Daniels » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2003, 04:01:10 PM »

I love the NIN song 'closer'. just a great song with good sounds and expecially words!

Check out the rest of The Downward Spiral album.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2003, 11:43:00 AM »

NINE INCH NAILS Name New Album? - Nov. 23, 2003

NINE INCH NAILS are rumored to have set "Bleedthrough" as the title for their forthcoming album, tentatively due in early 2004 through Nothing/Interscope Records.

The follow-up to 1999's "The Fragile" will reportedly feature a more "stripped down and raw" direction than that on its predecessor and will include co-production contributions from Rick Rubin (SYSTEM OF A DOWN, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, AUDIOSLAVE), Atticus Ross (12 ROUNDS, TAPEWORM), and Leo Herrera (NINE INCH NAILS). No further information is available at this time.  

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=16917

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2003, 01:16:38 PM »

Here's a nice little write-up I stole from the nine inch nails forum at digital noise, as typed up by aronmorris.

I figured that you would all like to know that in the upcoming issue of Alternative Press Magazine (the 25 most anticipated artists of 2004) which hits stands the first week of December, one of the artists/albums covered is NIN. The report states the overall vibe and sound of the record and lists some of the people that are involved in the production such as Rick Rubin, Atticus Ross, and Leo Herrera. The official album title is "BLEEDTHROUGH."
There are three song titles also mentioned. Another point worth noting is that Trent is quoted as saying that he is fed up with the perfected quality of computer-produced music (specifically the use of ProTools software) and that this record was done with alternate methods. There is no specific release date mentioned.

Some people called bullshit on this, but it's been pointed out by several others that bleedthrough.net has been regestired to Nothing since May of this year.

http://www.theninhotline.com

/jarmo

fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2003, 07:26:37 PM »

'Hurt' just blows me away...especially the video to it.  The video screens look great....it reminds me of the GNR 2002 video set up.   Maybe Axl got his idea for the video set up from there (meaning pics of violence etc from Jungle again etc).  Both look cool as fuck.

I love 'Hurt' lyrics and melody....I wonder whether he knew what powerful song he was writing at the time?

LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2003, 08:11:40 AM »

Bleedthrough,eh?
I kinda like it.
It's a term that has something to do with printing press and/or photography,right??
When ink kinda..err.."leaks" to the other side of the paper, for example, it "bleeds through", right?

Fieldsy,
Have you heard Jonny Cash's version of Hurt?
..And more importantly, seen the video of it?

I almost hate to say this(as a 100% biased NiN fanatic) but IMO Watching/listening the Cash's video version is atleast as powerfull experience as the original Hurt.

Cash's death made the video so much more..efficent and powerfull.
Fairly tasteless thing to say, I guess.

Hurt will be  remembered by countless souls as Cash's swansong and testament, not as an Amazing song written by Reznor and performed by NiN.
...And I don't really mind.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 11:33:38 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: