Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:51:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 398858 times)
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2003, 07:14:06 PM »

OMFG!!!! Songtitles!1They gave us songtitles!!!!

Apparently, Bleedthroughis going to incluse following cheerful tracks:

My Dead Friend
The Line Begins To Blur
Everyday is exactly the same

...Aand here is a transcipt from some of  that junk they put in NiN.com around July:
III. Time and causality paradoxes:

- retro-psychokinesis, or turning causality on its head
- precognition versus remote viewing "bleed-through": what does it tell us about the nature of time?
- the transactional interpretation and other "solutions" to the quantum puzzle
- Barbour, Deutch and the vision of a frozen masterpiece: if time is illusory, what is the meaning of action?

...All this provided to us by tehninhotline

Oh,and here's somethin remotely interesting, to say atleast:(This is provided by some vivid whois.com user whose name i forgot)

bleedthrouh.net
and bleedthrough.com
were both created on the very same day..and also,they're marked to expire on the very same day.

.net adress is owned by NiN people,no doubt.Pretty much everything in it's stats hints to that general direction.For now, the site is  100% empty.
Here's the site's stats, as shown in whois.

bleedthrough.net

Registrant:
nothing interactive, inc. (GVCIDTXKKD)
20325 Center Ridge Rd
Cleveland, OH 44116
US

Domain Name: BLEEDTHROUGH.NET

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Malm, Jr., John A. (UHLCHKLZJI) nothing@nothingrecords.com
20325 Center Ridge Road
Cleveland, OH 44116-3572
US
440-333-3040 fax: 123 123 1234

Record expires on 06-May-2004.
Record created on 06-May-2003.
Database last updated on 24-Nov-2003 16:33:17 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

GG1.NS.GEMINIIGROUP.COM 64.90.163.99
GG2.NS.GEMINIIGROUP.COM 64.90.163.100

- --
bleedthrough.com , on the other hand, is a lot more..interesting ummm..case.
The site is full of contentactually.
It APPEARS to be some sort of a band.
..Check it out and see if you manage to "find"something:)

Here are bleedthrough.com's whois stats:

(bangormusician.com doesn't exist.)

Registrant:
Kris Pahel
131 Old County Rd
Hampden, ME 04444
US

Registrar: DOTSTER
Domain Name: BLEEDTHROUGH.COM
Created on: 06-MAY-03
Expires on: 06-MAY-04
Last Updated on: 06-MAY-03

Administrative, Technical Contact:
Pahel, Kris webmaster@bangormusician.com
131 Old County Rd
Hampden, ME 04444
US

Domain servers in listed order:
NS.PROPAGATION.NET
NS2.PROPAGATION.NET

« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 08:08:30 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2003, 07:39:53 AM »

sounds awesome
now that its explained...i even did the album title "bleedthrough" Genius!!

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
BostonGunner
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2003, 07:40:33 AM »

Nine Inch Nails are one of my favorite bands.  I think that "The Fragile" is really underrated.  I think that it is one of the best albums of all time.  "Into the Void" is one of NIN's best songs, IMO.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2003, 07:42:25 AM by BostonGunner » Logged
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2004, 11:49:59 AM »

Nine Inch Nails are one of my favorite bands.  I think that "The Fragile" is really underrated.  I think that it is one of the best albums of all time.  "Into the Void" is one of NIN's best songs, IMO.

Hmm..If you like into the void I'm pretty sure you'd dig Reznor's remix of Peter Gabriel's song Growing Up.
Gabe has a great voice and TR added are very, very Into the void-ish vibe on the backround. Works really, really well.
Go get it.
Now!:)

For shits and giggles,(what a great expression!I stole it from some other guy on htgth boards. Sorry Some Other Guy.)a random collection of Tori Amos quotes about NiN i found from echoingthesound.net
...Why they are worth posting you ask??
Because Miss Tori has an amazing sense of humor and, er,  a way with words, to say atleast!Good read, they are!:)
Made me giggle!!
....Is it ok for a guy to giggle??

- - -
Some Tori quotes about Trent :

"Was there an album that you listened to and suddenly, the world was different for you?"

TA: And believe it or not, `Pretty Hate Machine,' Nine Inch Nails, when I was writing. That's why we met, because after I had heard `Pretty Hate Machine,' it had been such an influence, I began reading the Sandman comics and listening to `Pretty Hate Machine.' I had given this young man, who had been the lover of the girl I used to babysit in Rockville, a place to crash on my floor in Hollywood. They had had a falling out -- I was 20 -- and I was like his older sister. I gave him a place to crash, and he brought in the Sandman comics -- he was a dropout of Parsons Art School -- and Nine Inch Nails. Just imagine, I'm reading the Sandman, listening to Nine Inch Nails, reading `Calliope,' going, `Where have I been?' Playing at the Marriott. So yeah, these are some landmarks in my life."

"I love the screaming male aggression of his music, because I'm not in touch with that part of myself so much. I think there ought to be a raging-male cruise line we could take, go to seven islands and just watch these guys act out. I've always said that what Trent really needs is a blanky and a hot chocolate with marshmallows. He doesn't need another hole to crawl into. I think somebody should give him one of those little hard hats with a miner's light on it, so when he gets lost in a dark hole, he can find his way out."

"Do you like his style? Do you find yourself similar to him in style when it comes to playing with him?"
TORI: No, it's about an internal thing, more than anything. It's, it's, it's, I think, more than a lot of people out there, I think, Trent is really in touch with, um, even though he represents rage in a way, I think he's more understanding of hurt than a lot of guys that touch rage: they touch rage, but without the depth of--that rage really comes from a very deep pain, and I think he does understand that, that's why his work really touches me.

TORI: "I always loved what he did. So 'Past the Mission' said to me, "I want Trent to sing on me." And I said, "I'm sure you do." And, so, I made the call, and he was, uh, 'open to that'. And we, uh, did it at his house, you know, the old Tate House....
BILL: So you recorded this with Trent when he was recording _The Downward Spiral_, his latest album?
TORI: Yes.
BILL: So how did you end up, meet Trent anyway, I mean in the first place?
TORI: That's how!
BILL: Just from doing, just from showing up--
TORI: "Yeah, we just, you know--you pick up the phone. "

"Yeah. You have to go through a bit of security to get in. And it's a very spooky house, knowing what it is and then walking... And you look in the helter skelter book and you just see you see the house and it's, like, that picture... He'd be showing me the pictures going, "See this door!" I go, " Yeah, yeah, yeah. I see the door." "It's... See... This is where..." They have the control room where Sharron Tate passed away. And it's just weird that when I was a young kid and we'd see the pictures in the book, I had no idea I'd ever be standing there. And standing there with Trent, it's kinda' even goofier. He was, I think, wonderful for this piece. "

"``The choice for `Past The Mission'  had to be somebody that represented rage and anger because this is all about a girl trying so hard to work through being a victim,'' she said. ``I felt like for a guy to be supporting her, it had to be a guy that could rage, because then it would really mean something if he could be tender. Trent is--well, you can't be in all that much rage and pain unless you have a very big heart.''

". T: Well, look, he's so anorexic sometimes. I just look at him and go, baby, you need my cooking honey. And he was very open to the idea because, you know, I don't think he gets much nurturing, that guy. There's just not a lot of nurturing going on. Anyway, so I went over there and I brought all my little supplies because they only have Coca-cola in the fridge.... Well I was gonna make him baked chicken because like, look, I'm from the South, I know how to make chicken, I've been making it since I was 10 years old, with my Nanny, my Grandmother in the kitchen, where it's dripping down your chin, and that whole buttery thing, right? Well I'm making it, and _nothing's happening_. I mean its just, yes it's cooking right, the oven's cooking, I've made it the same time, the same way that I've made it for 20 years. And it's _not working_. I mean, you know how globs of flour were collecting on the chicken. And, it just wasn't working, nothing was working, and he's standing there with his arms folded thinking he's like, I'm not applying to be your wife or anything. I mean this isn't what's happening anyway. So why are you not giving me a chance? This is wrong. This is your house. And I called my mother on the phone, things got so bad, and I said, Mom, what's wrong, I can't make this chicken for this guy, and she goes, well you know honey, I heard the Folger's coffee heiress was also in that house, and she died that night, and I think there's a curse on anything that has to do with culinary things. And I'm like, thanks, Mom."

": Well, I'm a bit of a lunatic right now. I called my friend Trent Reznor--I was lying on the marble. There's this marble little sit place at the Ritz Carlton in Chicago, with the windows, and I was just losing my mind a little bit. Don't think I was thinking of anything so cliche, right, but you know, I was thinking of at least throwing my ice cream out the 26th floor, or the telephone. And he said, `You can't, Tori. I've been in that Ritz Carlton in Chicago, and the windows are inverted, so I'm not worried.' So there's kind of something wonderful about having friends that go through what you go through. You have your buddies that understand. Obviously Robert Plant can't understand, because all he says to me is, `Why are you touring? Just come to Wales and we'll watch the butterflies and talk about great Welsh stories.' I was going, `Yeah, a legend can say that, you know?' "

"that tongue! ...if he became a eunuch, it wouldn't even matter!"  :devil:  :devil:

"There are a lot of hidden nerds. I'm aware of the exciting man in Trent The Nine Inch, but I can see the nerd in him, too. People who become the frontrunners often used to be outcasts or loners."

"When she [Tori's mother] heard Trent Reznor's vocal on my song 'Past The Mission', she said: 'Well, I do see, women are gonna be after him, he just sounds so smooth.' And I said: 'Mother, they already are,' and she goes: 'well, there'll be more now, I promise you that.'"

St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2004, 07:38:23 PM »

A little visual treat i came across, two masters together Mr Bowie and Mr Reznor!  Had to posty it.  Hope the link works.

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====49945&nbc1=1

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
BostonGunner
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2004, 10:50:13 AM »

"Dead Souls" is another great song.   ok  That's on the Crow soundtrack.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2004, 04:26:58 PM »

From Rollingstone.com:

Nine Inch Nails are at work on their fourth album, Bleed Through, in Los Angeles. Trent Reznor and Co. hope to finish it by summer and release it later this year.
"It's more song-oriented [than 1999's The Fragile]," says NIN mastermind Reznor. "It's much more lean. It's going to be twelve good punches in the face -- no fillers, no instrumentals, just straight to the point."

Rick Rubin (Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Beastie Boys, Johnny Cash) is producing the record. "It's kind of a new vibe this time around," says Reznor. "Different people, different approach.

While Bleed may be more streamlined than its predecessors, namely the expansive concept records 1994's The Downward Spiral and The Fragile, it won't exactly be light fare. "It's a complicated concept record," Reznor says, "but reduced to just simple songs. It's not epic in its scope. It's minimal and a bit brutal."

NIN plan to hit the road in the next few months to preview the new material. "It's been forever since we played," Reznor says. "I'm reenergized right now, my life's in order, and I'm ready to combat the shitty music that's out right now."

« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 04:28:32 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2004, 07:37:52 AM »

OH MY GOD!!
REAL NEWS!!!1!
REAL NiN NEWS!111

Hmm. A bit longer wait ahead than I had hoped.
Apparently we are looking at a fall/xmas release here.Meh.

The "Only 12 songs!And guess what??No instrumentals!"-part conjured some negative vibes here.
Fuck,that man writes amazing instumentals.Someof my fav NiN tunes are instrumentals or halfway there like TDTWWA...And now,TR isn't going to add ANY in Bleed Through??Well, fuck you TR!!

But  still,er,YAY!..or something.

A tour in few months? I wonder if old live incarnation is still alive?
I doubt it.
Would  be great to see Finck&Danny Lohner in NiN again though.

kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2004, 04:24:49 PM »

Just wondering that have any of you screenshots/or any pics from that NIN DVD?

I've looked some websites but no...

echoingthesound.org / 9inchnails.net etc but 0 found...

crying
« Last Edit: March 11, 2004, 04:27:06 PM by kupirock » Logged

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2004, 04:40:32 PM »

Found this with Google: http://www.mihalis.org/NIN/medias/images/aatchb.php?page=1

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2004, 06:22:47 PM »

Ok thanks..  Cheesy

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2004, 08:38:26 AM »

Nin.com has been updated!
For the first time since Jurassic era it actually has CONTENT now. Quite bit of it, actually.

There is a vaque update about the state of Bleed through, ALL NiN vids streamable, quite a few live things and such.

You can join to NiN mailing list and..get this..You can send questions to his Holyness, The TR!

Horrah!

LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2004, 08:59:06 PM »

You fucking pricks.

NiN.com has been updated with a horde of exiting content!!...And yet,  you refuse to react??!?!++!11

Where are the screams of semi-infinite joy and general delighment?

As a sidenote,
Tapeworm is now officially dead.
According to TR,  there were  all kinds of legal problems and the music more or less  sucked. How very, very sad.
 MJK+TR sounds like a match made in heaven.In theory.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2004, 09:03:02 PM »

Where are the screams of semi-infinite joy and general delighment?

Over there? ----->

Grin

As a sidenote,
Tapeworm is now officially dead.
According to TR,  there were  all kinds of legal problems and the music more or less  sucked. How very, very sad.

Weird. As far as I remember, it wasn't even his project when it started?  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2004, 09:12:50 PM »

What was Robin's involvment in NIN...was he on any albums or just tour afew tours.
what year too Huh

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2004, 06:58:45 AM »

Weird. As far as I remember, it wasn't even his project when it started?  Huh

/jarmo

yeah, I remember in pretty similiar manner.

Wasn't it initially supposed to be a creative outlet for Charlie,Danny and other members of nin live wagon to get some of their own  stuff released?
TR was supposed to be just a producer or something like that?

I think it all changed when MJK started working on the project. TR, being ther control freak he is just couldn't stay out from the FrontManBoots after another ego joined in.

What was Robin's involvment in NIN...was he on any albums or just tour afew tours.
what year too  

Robin was never part of TR's "studio team"
Nothing written or performed by Robin on any NiN albums. Hmm.. a remix album Things falling apart  might have had somethig by him, not sure.

He was a live guitarist of NiN in every tour they did from 94 to 2000.

Best way to get to know the NiN Robin is to buy/download/steal/borrow the Absolutely bitcing NiN live DVD And All That Could Have Been.

Finck did alot of backing vocals during NiN's fragility tour. He has pretty beautiful voice. Eerie, and melancholic, somehow.
Specially The Great Below is absolutely amazing live mainly thanks to Robins moody backing vocals.
Robin! Yay!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2004, 07:04:35 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2004, 11:22:02 AM »

What is the name of the song with the lyrics "Bow down before the one you serve"?   Huh

Head Like A Hole from NIN's debut album Pretty Hate Machine.

/jarmo

SLCPUNK
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2004, 11:58:11 PM »

What is the name of the song with the lyrics "Bow down before the one you serve"?   Huh

Head Like A Hole from NIN's debut album Pretty Hate Machine.

/jarmo

Still my favorite out of all of them.
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2004, 01:47:06 AM »

Off Course Nine INch Nails Is Something Underground,Something Cool, Something we need !  yes

If the world would end today... Wink
SLCPUNK
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2004, 02:24:34 AM »

C'mon old man. You don't remember dancing around with your cane to that one back in the day?  hihi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: