Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:41:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228067 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  what part of the recording is done?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: what part of the recording is done?  (Read 21791 times)
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 01:49:17 PM »

damn dude.
do you have to go against anything I say?

Yes, as long as you keep posting stuff I don't agree with.

The shows in January were cancelled so they could finish the recording. It was done in January.

Just because the update was made in February, doesn't mean it was made at the exact moment that they pressed "STOP" at the studio.....

/jarmo

But it sure would suck if they cancelled those concerts so they could finish the album... but it only took 'em a few weeks to do it anyways. ?I mean, if it really wasn't that much work, it would have been cool for the fans if Axl had decided to postpone his couple of weeks worth of recording just long enough that they could see the concerts. ?It's not like there was anything much on the schedule for the first half of 2007 anyways. ?

Except the private concert for Donatella Versace and her rich and fabulous friends. ?

good point. thing is, those concerts were not cancelled to work on the album...we know that....there was another reason, but is it worth talking about at this point?

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 01:52:35 PM »

I think that everyone knows that, anything can happen in this band, I just not sure if everyone remembers that though.

I won't get in to the March release stuff but to an other thing that wasn't suppose to happend, Ron wasn't suppose to contribute to the album, he said that himself, he came in too late but he did record stuff for it.

I myself am happy about it, it's something I theorized last year when someone came up with the post-poned to 2007 thread, call it a 6th sense or something but somehow I know that the material Ron came up is damn good because, Axl probably would'nt use it if it wasn't.

So who knows, maybe they did finalize recording for CD in january and after that, maybe they continued working on the rest of the material, maybe they worked on the 6 under work songs and almost finished them.

The rock is rolling and after the Japan dates they've basicly toured the world as this new line-up...

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
guns_n_motley
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2007, 01:53:30 PM »

about the stage of the album status..here's part of an article from the end of 2002....i guess it takes more than 5 years and counting to move on from this stage....

Friday, November 22, 2002

John Soeder
Plain Dealer Pop Music Critic

Mark the words of keyboardist Dizzy Reed: The new Guns N' Roses album will see the light of day - finally! - in 2003.

It's called "Chinese Democracy." But a more fitting title may have been "Appetite for Procrastination."

The oft-delayed project has been in the works for years. It should be in stores by June, according to Reed.

"There are just a few odds and ends left to do - a couple of finishing touches, a couple of vocals - and we need to mix it," he said.

But see, he never did finish it. those finishing touches were never completed until this year.. we have news now that its finished and mixing now.

remember, supposedly they only needed 3 days left of work on the album last may, but axls "muse" didnt show.

its finished now. Thats how id expect recording went. Axl only worked when he felt like it.

oh , and btw...you mentioned "axl's muse." i think you are a bit confused....axl IS the Muse.....

is he, I take it that axl needs to be abit inspired/Pushed to get work done. I dont think the muse was axl, but his being inspired to work on stuff. Theres another artist like him out there Ace frehley. Since 1993 hes been hyping up his solo album which has yet to come out!! fact is, hes just not motivated and never gets around to finish it.

Only this year, hes got a new bass player whos really pushing ace, that the cd is finally done/recorded.

I think they have some similarities. I dont think its so much as axl is a perfectionist as it is that axl needs to be pushed/motivated to get work done. I think he would be very content to just stay at home and be a recluse. I wouldnt be surprised if the past 5 years Very little work was done on the album to finish it.

MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2007, 01:55:06 PM »

I think that everyone knows that, anything can happen in this band, I just not sure if everyone remembers that though.

I won't get in to the March release stuff but to an other thing that wasn't suppose to happend, Ron wasn't suppose to contribute to the album, he said that himself, he came in too late but he did record stuff for it.

I myself am happy about it, it's something I theorized last year when someone came up with the post-poned to 2007 thread, call it a 6th sense or something but somehow I know that the material Ron came up is damn good because, Axl probably would'nt use it if it wasn't.

So who knows, maybe they did finalize recording for CD in january and after that, maybe they continued working on the rest of the material, maybe they worked on the 6 under work songs and almost finished them.

The rock is rolling and after the Japan dates they've basicly toured the world as this new line-up...

I also figured he'd go record more stuff once he got a feel for the new guitarist and playing these songs live with a band. 

Shame though.  If Axl liked to rehearse with his band, he might have realized how those songs could have been improved.  There's no better way to figure out a song than playing it live with the band, you know? 

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2007, 01:55:53 PM »

about the stage of the album status..here's part of an article from the end of 2002....i guess it takes more than 5 years and counting to move on from this stage....

John Soeder

Mark the words of keyboardist Dizzy Reed: The new Guns N' Roses album will see the light of day - finally! - in 2003.

It's called "Chinese Democracy." But a more fitting title may have been "Appetite for Procrastination."

The oft-delayed project has been in the works for years. It should be in stores by June, according to Reed.

"There are just a few odds and ends left to do - a couple of finishing touches, a couple of vocals - and we need to mix it," he said.

But see, he never did finish it. those finishing touches were never completed until this year.. we have news now that its finished and mixing now.

remember, supposedly they only needed 3 days left of work on the album last may, but axls "muse" didnt show.

its finished now. Thats how id expect recording went. Axl only worked when he felt like it.

oh , and btw...you mentioned "axl's muse." i think you are a bit confused....axl IS the Muse.....

is he, I take it that axl needs to be abit inspired/Pushed to get work done. I dont think the muse was axl, but his being inspired to work on stuff. Theres another artist like him out there Ace frehley. Since 1993 hes been hyping up his solo album which has yet to come out!! fact is, hes just not motivated and never gets around to finish it.

Only this year, hes got a new bass player whos really pushing ace, that the cd is finally done/recorded.

I think they have some similarities. I dont think its so much as axl is a perfectionist as it is that axl needs to be pushed/motivated to get work done. I think he would be very content to just stay at home and be a recluse. I wouldnt be surprised if the past 5 years Very little work was done on the album to finish it.

look up the word "Muse." i think you're thinking "mojo."

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2007, 01:56:34 PM »

if you really want me to go technical, they finished the tour abruptly to work on the album.

Did we ever find out what the real reason was?

You got to hear it from Axl himself.

But it sure would suck if they cancelled those concerts so they could finish the album... but it only took 'em a few weeks to do it anyways.  I mean, if it really wasn't that much work, it would have been cool for the fans if Axl had decided to postpone his couple of weeks worth of recording just long enough that they could see the concerts. 

In order to meet the tentative release date Axl set, it had to be done then.

That was the plan.

Unfortunately, things didn't go as planned (as mentioned on GNR.com).

good point. thing is, those concerts were not cancelled to work on the album...we know that....there was another reason, but is it worth talking about at this point?

Let me guess. Somebody told you something again?  Roll Eyes

Axl did some recording in January.

That's a fact.

Not speculation from some people who think they know what's going on.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2007, 01:59:43 PM »

if you really want me to go technical, they finished the tour abruptly to work on the album.

Did we ever find out what the real reason was?

You got to hear it from Axl himself.

But it sure would suck if they cancelled those concerts so they could finish the album... but it only took 'em a few weeks to do it anyways.? I mean, if it really wasn't that much work, it would have been cool for the fans if Axl had decided to postpone his couple of weeks worth of recording just long enough that they could see the concerts.?

In order to meet the tentative release date Axl set, it had to be done then.

That was the plan.

Unfortunately, things didn't go as planned (as mentioned on GNR.com).

Let me guess. Somebody told you something again?? Roll Eyes

Axl did some recording in January.

That's a fact.

Not speculation from some people who think they know what's going on.

/jarmo

oh im sorry, you're the only authority on gnr activity...my bad.....fact is, all of us have no idea what is going on. and yes, sometimes i do find out what really is going on...but i dont have a bat phone that goes straight to axl's house, as im sure you do....

guns_n_motley
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2007, 02:00:06 PM »

John Soeder

Muse(myz)
n.
1. Greek Mythology Any of the nine daughters of Mnemosyne and Zeus, each of whom presided over a different art or science.
2. muse
a. A guiding spirit.
b. A source of inspiration
3. muse A poet.

see...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2007, 02:08:06 PM »

Muse(myz)
n.
1. Greek Mythology Any of the nine daughters of Mnemosyne and Zeus, each of whom presided over a different art or science.
2. muse
a. A guiding spirit.
3. muse A poet.

see...

exactly. see the first definition....its a noun. in the letter he was referred to as "THE Muse."....a noun...person, place, or thing....remember school house rocks?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2007, 02:09:02 PM »

oh im sorry, you're the only authority on gnr activity...my bad.....fact is, all of us have no idea what is going on. and yes, sometimes i do find out what really is going on...but i dont have a bat phone that goes straight to axl's house, as im sure you do....

You stated it as a fact that the January shows weren't cancelled because Axl wanted to finish recording.

Show me the "proof".

I showed you why you're lying.

Axl was spotted in Las Vegas in January. According to the local newspaper, he was there recording.

Exactly what he said he would do.

As far as I remember, Bumblefoot did some recording for the album in January as well.

No need for a bat phone, Just read, use common sense and don't start making everything out to be a big conspiracy.

Also, get over the whole idea that the band is against its own fans and is constantly lying to us. That seems to be the attitude some of you have.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2007, 02:12:29 PM »

You stated it as a fact that the January shows weren't cancelled because Axl wanted to finish recording.

Show me the "proof".

I showed you why you're lying.

Axl was spotted in Las Vegas in January. According to the local newspaper, he was there recording.

Exactly what he said he would do.

As far as I remember, Bumblefoot did some recording for the album in January as well.

No need for a bat phone, Just read, use common sense and don't start making everything out to be a big conspiracy.

Also, get over the whole idea that the band is against its own fans and is constantly lying to us. That seems to be the attitude some of you have.

/jarmo

you showed i was lying? ummm, no you didnt...why the hell would i lie about something like this? thats absurd.....im just posting what i know and my opinion...you dont have to agree with it...no problem....but get on the bat phone to find out whats really going on....

guns_n_motley
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2007, 02:13:44 PM »

Muse(myz)
n.
2. muse
a. A guiding spirit.
3. muse A poet.

see...

exactly. see the first definition....its a noun. in the letter he was referred to as "THE Muse."....a noun...person, place, or thing....remember school house rocks?

a guiding spirit, source of inspiration. Why would axl not be there if he was in the place?? its pretty understandable what is meant. THat axl just wasnt inspired so he didnt get much of any work done.

hes not the only persn to not have such a great work ethic. As ive said. other artists have promised albums that are still not out!! more namely Ace Frehley guitarist of Kiss. tom keifer of cinderella has been promising a solo album every year since 1995. still not out..

and ibelieveinaxl, say why the shows were cancelled then?? I cant think of another reason. unless it was ticketsales. those are the only reasons bands usually cancel dates
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2007, 02:15:21 PM »

a guiding spirit, source of inspiration. Why would axl not be there if he was in the place?? its pretty understandable what is meant. THat axl just wasnt inspired so he didnt get much of any work done.

hes not the only persn to not have such a great work ethic. As ive said. other artists have promised albums that are still not out!! more namely Ace Frehley guitarist of Kiss. tom keifer of cinderella has been promising a solo album every year since 1995. still not out..

and ibelieveinaxl, say why the shows were cancelled then?? I cant think of another reason. unless it was ticketsales. those are the only reasons bands usually cancel dates

ask jarmo, he has a bat phone, unfortunately i dont...

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2007, 02:21:36 PM »

OK firstly, mojo and muse are just alternatives to the word "inspiration" or perhaps "motivation". At no point in tyhe letter is Axl refered to as a/the muse.

secondly, to get back to the question that is the title of this thread - no one knows. all we know is that the songs for CD - at least - have been recorded and, last we heard, are being mixed. also, i would point out that the plan to record 3 albums before even releasing the 1st is a few years old now, and plans change. notice it hasnt been mentioned for a good while by anyone with any credibility - band members/staff/record company.

Finally, sorry if anyone has said all this while i have been typing.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2007, 02:23:29 PM »

you showed i was lying? ummm, no you didnt...why the hell would i lie about something like this? thats absurd.....im just posting what i know and my opinion...you dont have to agree with it...no problem....but get on the bat phone to find out whats really going on....

This is your opinion?

thing is, those concerts were not cancelled to work on the album...we know that....there was another reason, but is it worth talking about at this point?

It sounds like you're stating it as a fact and the truth.

Just throwing shit out there with no proof to back it up.

When you get called on it, you start to make your snide remarks about bat phones. How convenient.

Maybe you should've said: By disregarding all the facts we have, I've come to the personal opinion that the concerts weren't cancelled to finish the recording..

/jarmo

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2007, 02:26:50 PM »

OK firstly, mojo and muse are just alternatives to the word "inspiration" or perhaps "motivation". At no point in tyhe letter is Axl refered to as a/the muse.

secondly, to get back to the question that is the title of this thread - no one knows. all we know is that the songs for CD - at least - have been recorded and, last we heard, are being mixed. also, i would point out that the plan to record 3 albums before even releasing the 1st is a few years old now, and plans change. notice it hasnt been mentioned for a good while by anyone with any credibility - band members/staff/record company.

not true...read merck's letter..here is one sentence from it..."We then scheduled sessions in London in August and had our engineers meet us there at the end of the English tour. August came and went and once again the muse did not show."

MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2007, 02:30:22 PM »

This is your opinion?

thing is, those concerts were not cancelled to work on the album...we know that....there was another reason, but is it worth talking about at this point?

It sounds like you're stating it as a fact and the truth.

Just throwing shit out there with no proof to back it up.

When you get called on it, you start to make your snide remarks about bat phones. How convenient.

Maybe you should've said: By disregarding all the facts we have, I've come to the personal opinion that the concerts weren't cancelled to finish the recording..

/jarmo

Here's the problem though, man... when people have proof (or as close to proof as anyone can get) they're not allowed to post it. ?

Some things we're just not allowed to discuss because Axl has a strict gag order. ?Even when you can get good info from the band, or Axl himself, you're not really at liberty to discuss it. ?It'll likely be wiped as a violation of the band's trust, and then you won't get any more cool inside info in the future.

It sucks. ?I wish the band was just allowed to discuss the things they do -- on the road, or in the studio. ?But Axl's decided that the ship must be run in a certain way. ?Those are his rules. ?But if you live by the sword, you die by it too. ?In the absence of any concrete info from the band, Axl or the numerous people who've been privilaged to get some inside info, speculation is all we got. ?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 02:32:09 PM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
guns_n_motley
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2007, 02:31:17 PM »

not true...read merck's letter..here is one sentence from it..."We then scheduled sessions in London in August and had our engineers meet us there at the end of the English tour. August came and went and once again the muse did not show."

muse is a noun, but it doesnt represent a person. It is not axl. They are talking about inspiration.

In the bible, they talk about the "muse" inspiring them to write the scripture. He is clearly talking about inspiration. People use the term for inspiration. If something inspires someone they say "that is my muse"
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2007, 02:32:30 PM »

If "the muse" refers to Axl then who are the "we" and "us" in the previous sentence? Merck was only one person (at last count).
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2007, 02:33:03 PM »

Here's the problem though, man... when people have proof (or as close to proof as anyone can get) they're not allowed to post it. 

Some things we're just not allowed to discuss because Axl has a strict gag order.  Even when you can get good info from the band, or Axl himself, you're not really at liberty to discuss it.  It'll likely be wiped as a violation of the band's trust, and then you won't get any more cool inside info in the future.

It sucks.  I wish the band was just allowed to discuss the things they do -- on the road, or in the studio.  But Axl's decided that the ship must be run in a certain way.  Those are his rules.  But if you live by the sword, you die by it too.  In the absence of any concrete info from the band, Axl or the numerous people who've been privilaged to get some inside info, speculation is all we got. 

Are you still upset about your Dizzy interview?

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: