Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:14:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  'Sicko' Shows Michael Moore's Maturity as a Filmmaker
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Sicko' Shows Michael Moore's Maturity as a Filmmaker  (Read 32447 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2007, 07:55:58 AM »

but some people have been duped into thinking "their side" is honest and genuine while most on the opposite side are evil liars. kinda sad people lose perspective like that.

Assume all you'd like, but I don't want to hear a lecture about "honesty" coming from the group of stooges who brought us the Iraqi fiasco.

which of the "group of stooges who brought us the iraqi fiasco" was giving a lecture on honesty?

your posts don't make any sense. you constantly try to label people and build up fake arguments so you can then unleash your anger towards them in a post.

it's hilarious actually. i don't know if you actually believe this shit, or if you're just joking. but thanks either way. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2007, 08:08:53 AM »

I think Michael? Moore? is a great film maker!

And getting back to the point, yes Michael Moore is a good filmaker. Can you think of any other writer/director who uses the Mike Moore formula for 'telling a story'? cos don't forget that is what a film does -  tells a story.

One of the themes running through 'Bowling for Columbine' was the current climate of fear in the USA. He cleverly presented information - eg: the killer bee invasion - very much in the style of a 1950s 'Duck and Cover' propoganda ad. A very clever idea.

He makes films - he uses artistic licence - to present current issues in a highly entertaing way and thought provoking way.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 09:17:02 AM »

You're one to talk.

You followed your leader off a cliff and don't have the balls to man up and admit you were chumped out. You leader is a liar who murders people, that is who you support.

Would you wanna' admit you bought what Bush was selling? hihi

I doubt Sandman wants to acknowledge he was lied to, let alone voted for a liar.

(probably twice.. hihi)

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2007, 10:56:28 AM »

You're one to talk.

You followed your leader off a cliff and don't have the balls to man up and admit you were chumped out. You leader is a liar who murders people, that is who you support.

I doubt Sandman wants to acknowledge he was lied to, let alone voted for a liar.

(probably twice.. hihi)

Much like rape, being lied to by politicians is a grossly underreported crime, among party loyalists. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2007, 12:40:16 PM »

which of the "group of stooges who brought us the iraqi fiasco" was giving a lecture on honesty?

If you must ask....

(probably twice.. hihi)

Actually I am surprised by the amount of people who have stepped up to the plate and admit they have been duped. Some here, some in real life-very surprised. But yea, the ego blast to some of these guys is simply too much. I saw it in their posts years back when they'd ignore all the evidence that shot down their claims of WMD, and it just got worse from there.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 12:43:47 PM by Pharmo » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2007, 12:55:13 PM »

You're one to talk.

(probably twice.. hihi)

all politicains are liars. i vote. so yes, i have voted for liars.

i wanted to invade iraq when clinton was in office, as did many others. i give him credit for using some force against them, but thought more needed to be done. bush took care of that.

if there was proof that bush lied to allow the U.S. to invade a country, i would hope that the democratic led congress would make that clear, and act upon it.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2007, 01:00:13 PM »

bush took care of that.

I think thats definately open to interpretation.

What he initiated in Iraq has developed into essentially, a Civil War.

In terms of success, Bush was not successful, hasn't been successful, and wont be successful.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2007, 01:37:32 PM »

bush took care of that.

I think thats definately open to interpretation.

What he initiated in Iraq has developed into essentially, a Civil War.

In terms of success, Bush was not successful, hasn't been successful, and wont be successful.

In terms of the real goals he certainly has. More conflict.

It's time to realize that our 'great' leaders with all this intelligence in their back don't fuck up. If something goes 'wrong' it was meant to do so.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2007, 11:01:37 AM »

I have difficulty separating my dislike of Michael Moore with my desire to assess the merits of his arguments.  I'm sure I'll see this, but I hope that hearing from Moore about problems in our health care system doesn't hurt the argument for myself or (much more importantly) others.  Moore can claim this isn't a partisan piece all he wants, but people won't believe it and, summarily, those who dislike him may become hostile toward the issue. 

I don't think it plays as a partisan movie at all, although there's a hilarious Hilary Clinton photo montage which is bound to inspire some jeering from any Republicans in attendance.

Moore is a little more subtle in his manipulation of the story this time and largely lets the testimonies of his participants speak for themselves. I particularly enjoy the segment in France where American ex-pats talk about the healthcare system and other social services they enjoy the benefits of  - clearly designed to elicit a little envy over here (as well it should).

It's still clearly a Michael Moore movie but displaying a surprisingly light touch in place of the usual ham-fisted sledgehammer tactics he usually prefers. I do enjoy all of his work so far but I found this one to be a Michael Moore movie I could enjoy without having to forgive a multitude of flaws.   

SLCPUNK
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2007, 01:46:47 PM »

Filmmaker Michael Moore insists he doesn't care his new documentary 'Sicko' has been leaked online - he's just glad people get to watch his movie.

Video-sharing website YouTube.com was forced to pull links to pirated versions of the US healthcare expose last weekend after learning as many as 600 people had seen the film illegally online.

A 124-minute version of Sicko, which is released across America on 29 June, was posted on YouTube by two users on Friday.

Distributor Weinstein Co alerted YouTube bosses after they learned of the leak, and the links to the footage were immediately removed.

But Moore thinks the leak may even help Sicko at the box-office.

He tells MTV: "I'm just happy that people get to see my movies. I'm not a big supporter of the copyright laws in this country. I thought Napster was a good idea.

"I don't understand bands or filmmakers or whatever who oppose sharing, having their work be shared with people, because I think it only increases your fanbase.

"You know, when I was a kid... I remember someone giving me a cassette tape of an album called London Calling by a group called The Clash. Suddenly I became a Clash fan. From that point on, I bought their albums and I went to their concerts. And they ended up making money off me - because somebody gave me a free tape of their music."
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2007, 01:57:04 AM »

Watch Canadian Bacon and Moore will have you wanting to take over Canada!!

We'll have to liberate them eventually, they have oil in their dirt!

You already get most of our oil. Canada is the largest exporter of oil to the US in the world.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
sandman
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2007, 01:46:43 PM »

"I make movies in the hopes that people will go see them on a 40-foot screen. So, I hope that's what happens," Moore stated.

The Weinstein Co., which is marketing Sicko, has been doing everything it can to make sure people do show up. After a master copy of the film made its way to the Internet last weekend, triggering a torrent of free downloads, the Weinsteins moved the release of Sicko up in New York. And a wave of "sneak previews" took place across the country last night.

Moore, who doesn't support U.S. copyright laws, nonetheless wasn't thrilled when his movie made its way to the Web. He suggests that powers-that-be - he's not saying what kind of powers, or where they might be - were behind the Sicko piracy.

"I guess if I were a cop, I would ask the question, who has a motive to try and destroy the opening weekend of this movie? Because, remember, this is not some kid going to the theater with a video camera. That's not what's out on the Internet. This is a master [copy]. So, clearly it was an inside job.

"So who had the resources to do that? Who had an interest in doing that? These are just the questions I would ask. Who would stand to gain from it? And then I would go from there."

Conspiracy theories, anyone?

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2007, 02:18:24 PM »

I think those questions are legit.

It should be bitter sweet for Moore though.  Hes got millions already - i'm sure the money is important to him (as it should be, he did take the time to make the movie) but in the long run people seeing this movie and being inspired to do something about the healthcare problem in this country is what should matter.  whether they see it on the big screen or on their computers shouldn't matter...so long as they are seeing it.

i'd be pissed if i were him though.

truly amazing how CD hasn't leaked yet.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2007, 09:35:13 PM »

It should be bitter sweet for Moore though.

I'm pretty sure on David Letterman he said he did not care, if I remember correctly.

You already get most of our oil. Canada is the largest exporter of oil to the US in the world.

I was kidding.....

Conspiracy theories, anyone?

You should know all about conspiracy theories, since you pushed Iraq/WMD so hard back when it all started.

If anybody asks a question you throw out "conspiracy theory" as soon as you get the chance. Of course, nobody has ever smeared anybody, or undermined another before, it must be some sort of "conspiracy."  hihi hihi Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 09:38:37 PM by Pharmo » Logged
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2007, 12:04:31 AM »

I kind of hope that Moore reaked it himserf.  That'd be a pretty barrsy decision.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2007, 12:06:40 AM »

I don't like Micheal Moore but I can get behind this film cause Healthcare in this country is ridiculous.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2007, 12:32:39 AM »

I kind of hope that Moore reaked it himserf.  That'd be a pretty barrsy decision.

That ease quite zee-accent-you-have.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2007, 12:35:56 AM »

Oh, Herro!   rofl  I'm not sure how much ronger I can keep it up...some non-Engrish (as first ranguage) speakers will be getting confused pretty soon.

You should make your avatar Inspector Crouseau (Serrers version, of course) and change your typing accent, too!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2007, 02:24:47 AM »

Oh, Herro!   rofl  I'm not sure how much ronger I can keep it up...some non-Engrish (as first ranguage) speakers will be getting confused pretty soon.

You should make your avatar Inspector Crouseau (Serrers version, of course) and change your typing accent, too!

holy shit that is funny.  please keep it up for as long as possible. 

You had me at "herro". hahahha  rofl

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2007, 02:37:05 AM »

holy shit that is funny.  please keep it up for as long as possible. 

You had me at "herro". hahahha  rofl

Bereve me when I say I'm raughing a rot, whire doing it!  rolr! 

I'm a ritter worried that someone wirr think I'm stupid, but if they do, I're just say "Quit busting my barrs!  Don't you know how fucking busy I am?  I'm pranning the attack!"

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: