Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:09:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  June 10th - Glasgow, Scotland, UK @ SECC
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: June 10th - Glasgow, Scotland, UK @ SECC  (Read 3698 times)
jarvie_a
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: June 10, 2007, 07:05:37 PM »

Hey, I'm not a frequent poster, usually only comment on the 'new' band, this is my first post here.

I went to this gig tonight not being a big VR fan, but went to see my heroes Slash, Duff & Matt. I've only heard 'Contraband' once and didnt think much of it at the time and never really got into the band. The tickets were ?35 plus booking fee etc and i wouldnt pay that so i manged to get a ticket for a fairer price of ?20 jst before the gig started.

I wasn't sure what to expect from a VR show and after the initial rush of 'all the bands in the world....' and the opening few songs seeing the guys in ther flesh i got bored pretty quick. A few of the songs were ok, but nothing special. I recognised Fall to pieces and it was good. The band went off and done a kinda second half to the show where Slash came out to play a solo on a double k necked guitar and went into the whole band playing Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here and then a kinda doors medeley Talking Heads Psycho Killer, It's So Easy, Set Me Free and Slither

The second half was great and i really enjoyed that. Had a fun night and i'm likely to give the band another go on their albums.

/j
micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 08:13:50 PM »

the second was half was better but thats because nobody knew 4 or 5 of the knew songs they played in the first half and i have to be honest everytime i see slash, duff and matt on stage i pine for axl to be there- scott moves about the stage brillianty but his voice is a league below axls but i guess you just have to accept the original line up never played glasgow and never will anyways  the new songs sounded excellent and we can all look forward to libertad with some anticipation. ok
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: