Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:43:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  World Tour 2007
| | | |-+  June 15th, 2007 - Melbourne, VIC, Australia @ Rod Laver Arena
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: June 15th, 2007 - Melbourne, VIC, Australia @ Rod Laver Arena  (Read 39465 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: April 03, 2007, 07:40:15 PM »

Board members attending: Billo, Blackrose, Dead N' Bloated, DISCOSTU, Eat Pop Slop, gunnerdownunder, gunners92, slashedguns, snow white, The Hinge

Current time

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo/Jam with Frank and Dizzy, Sweet Child O' Mine, Better, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Dizzy Piano Solo (Angie), The Blues, Band Introductions/Jam, Richard Guitar Solo/Guitar Duet with Robin, Out Ta Get Me, Piano Moving Jam, November Rain, IRS, Ron Guitar Solo (Back In Black, Don't Cry), My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Liquor & Whores (with Bubbles), Patience, Nightrain

Encores: Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, Paradise City
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 11:21:18 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
badapple81
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 07:42:21 PM »

I'll be at this one. I'm very unfaimilar with Melbourne so anyone down there that might want to meet up, let me know! Smiley
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 10:56:37 PM »

I'll be there too bro. With 3 bells on

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
gunners92
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 11:23:18 PM »

I'm Going!!!
I've looking forward to this for a long time!
slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 11:35:58 PM »

ill be there

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
mr.glavin
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 06:54:36 AM »

these Aussie shows they're playing ... are they big arenas or have Gn'r downsized a bit
gunners92
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 08:21:00 AM »

these Aussie shows they're playing ... are they big arenas or have Gn'r downsized a bit
They're all shows to 10,000-13,000.
They are generally the biggest venues before crossing over to a stadium.
The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 12:14:05 AM »

I will be attending.  After 20 years of fanatic like listening, 10 copies of Appitite 4-5 copies of lies the illusions 2-3 each and numerous copies of the remaining albums travelling to Portugal for Rock in Rio to have them pull out and missing them by days when they played in London 02, I will FINALLY be seeing them for the first time !!!!! ok  It is going to be surreal.

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 04:54:01 AM »

goin' to the Melb. show too!! ok

i live in Brizzy n' im seein' a 2nd show...........the Melb. shows on my fuckin' birthday!!  UNFUCKIN'REAL!!

beer beer beer

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Blackrose
Rocker

Here Today...Already been to Hell!

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 11:34:46 PM »

I'll be at this one aswell.? ok
Just got my ticket floor SGA1? Grin

Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 02:50:42 AM »

Add me to that list thanks Jarmo..I got my Tix today...WOHOO ok

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 12:24:40 AM »

This Show Is:

" SOLD OUT "

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2007, 01:21:05 AM »

I'm there too  ok
badapple81
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007, 05:23:39 AM »

Can anybody recommend some decent accomodation near the venue? I have only been to Melbourne once and kinda remember that it's right next to the CBD. I'm after something not too cheap and nasty, not too 5 star price.. middle budget and quality is fine with me. Thanks!
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2007, 12:55:06 AM »

Can anybody recommend some decent accomodation near the venue? I have only been to Melbourne once and kinda remember that it's right next to the CBD. I'm after something not too cheap and nasty, not too 5 star price.. middle budget and quality is fine with me. Thanks!

Try this one Sir - Short tram ride to the venue Smiley

http://www.kingsgatehotel.com.au/
Blackrose
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 02:00:27 AM »

Try this site http://www.lastminute.com.au

They have lots of good deals but check out the "secret hotels" you can save heaps on these.
For example the "Secret 3.5* Melbourne Hotel - Sensational Price! (3.5*)"http://www.lastmin.com.au/hotel_description.aspx?txthotelid=13 for $89 a night, is the "Travelodge Southbank Melbourne (3.5*)"http://www.lastmin.com.au/hotel_description.aspx?txthotelid=6 which is $140 on the same site, so you can save heaps by choosing the secret hotels. I may be staying at this one, not sure yet.
Stayed there a couple of months ago and it was good.

Cheers
? ? ? ? ?Blackrose

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 11:59:51 PM »

Does anyone know a good backpackers near the arena or the train station. I gotta get a train to churchill after the 2nd show unless someone else is Headin that way?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 02:26:59 AM »

There's a hostel on the corner of Spencer and Flinders if you're REAL desperate, but I wouldn't recommend em personally, so won't mention the name.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 08:01:20 PM »

There's a hostel on the corner of Spencer and Flinders if you're REAL desperate, but I wouldn't recommend em personally, so won't mention the name.

Whats so bad about it? I fly into Avalon at 5pm on the thurs, instead of going all the way to churchill to stay at my dads I just need a place to stay tha night before the 1st show and to sleep the next day b4 the 2nd. Is it cheap?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2007, 12:30:57 AM »

Whats so bad about it? I fly into Avalon at 5pm on the thurs, instead of going all the way to churchill to stay at my dads I just need a place to stay tha night before the 1st show and to sleep the next day b4 the 2nd. Is it cheap?

peace

Definitely cheap - around $16 a night for a dorm style room.

I just had a bad experience with em a few years ago. Booked my room online, thought all was good, and I should mention that the trip I made that time was a BIGTIME budget one.

I arrive early for check in with em, and they tell me that I needed to give them $100 as a security deposit (first I had heard about it), and I can't check in until I do.

They ended up freezing it in my bank account, and said it would clear again the next day. Was REAL reluctant to do it as it was most of the money I had for the trip, but at the time I lived in Hobart, so obviously needed somewhere to stay and I agreed.

So I get into the room and it was REAL average. I know that it's budget accom and all, but there was nothing you possibly could steal from the room that could be worth $100 literally. Wasn't even soap or a shower curtain in the bathroom etc.

When I checked out and was trying to get my frozen funds back they were real unhelpful. Took several times of me going back and pleading with em before I finally got my money back.

Having said all that, they're called All Nations if ya wanna run with it.

I'll check out some other ones in the city for ya though and PM / post here Smiley
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2007, 06:44:15 PM »

peace

I just had a bad experience with em a few years ago. Booked my room online, thought all was good, and I should mention that the trip I made that time was a BIGTIME budget one.

I arrive early for check in with em, and they tell me that I needed to give them $100 as a security deposit (first I had heard about it), and I can't check in until I do.

They ended up freezing it in my bank account, and said it would clear again the next day. Was REAL reluctant to do it as it was most of the money I had for the trip, but at the time I lived in Hobart, so obviously needed somewhere to stay and I agreed.

So I get into the room and it was REAL average. I know that it's budget accom and all, but there was nothing you possibly could steal from the room that could be worth $100 literally. Wasn't even soap or a shower curtain in the bathroom etc.

When I checked out and was trying to get my frozen funds back they were real unhelpful. Took several times of me going back and pleading with em before I finally got my money back.

I'll check out some other ones in the city for ya though and PM / post here Smiley

Thanks mate. That place sounds a bit iffy.
Is there any good pubs around that area that would be worth staying at?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2007, 07:41:32 PM »

Count me in for this one.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2007, 12:32:40 AM »

sry, i wont be at this show anymore, im stickin' to both the Brizzy shows!!

wipe me off the list thanx!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2007, 10:57:04 PM »

peace

peace

Hey man - sorry I haven't been back since - working flat out lately!! WRECKED.

Yeah definitely steer clear of em if ya are able to!

Just about to dig up some prices and stuff for ya Smiley
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2007, 11:09:44 PM »

peace

peace

Hey man - sorry I haven't been back since - working flat out lately!! WRECKED.

Yeah definitely steer clear of em if ya are able to!

Just about to dig up some prices and stuff for ya Smiley

Thanks heaps bro.  ok

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2007, 11:17:48 PM »

Thanks heaps bro.  ok

peace

Welcome man. Figured as you're online, you'll catch this no prob, and posting it in the thread incase it's a help to anyone else. If ya wanna know anything about any of it, definitely ask and I'll help if I can Smiley

Hotel Claremont - http://www.hotelclaremont.com/rates-south-yarra.htm

kingsgate Hotel - http://www.kingsgate.com.au/

Stork Hotel - http://www.storkhotel.com/accommodation.htm

Handy link (lotsa cheapies here): http://www.budgetstay.com.au/

More here: http://www.accomline.com/hotels.reservations/Melbourne.htm

Hostels:

Oslo Hotel - http://www.oslohotel.com.au/new_web/proces.html

In St Kilda, which is prolly a 10 buck cab fare from the venue. Reason I'm posting this one,
is that I stayed there and would totally recommend em based on that stay. Costed me $16 a night at the time,
which was a dorm room that I had all to myself cause it was quiet Tongue

Friendly Group - http://www.friendlygroup.com.au/greenhouse_rates.asp

Have delievered mail to these guys, and it seems nice enough if that helps any (prolly not :p ).

Handy link for more hostels: http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel/vic/melbournearea/directory/hostels
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2007, 03:34:24 AM »

how are going selling of other dates?
was all dates seel out?

I have never seen so many tree
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2007, 07:40:25 PM »

Thanks heaps bro.? ok

peace

Welcome man. Figured as you're online, you'll catch this no prob, and posting it in the thread incase it's a help to anyone else. If ya wanna know anything about any of it, definitely ask and I'll help if I can Smiley

Hotel Claremont - http://www.hotelclaremont.com/rates-south-yarra.htm

kingsgate Hotel - http://www.kingsgate.com.au/

Stork Hotel - http://www.storkhotel.com/accommodation.htm

Handy link (lotsa cheapies here): http://www.budgetstay.com.au/

More here: http://www.accomline.com/hotels.reservations/Melbourne.htm

Hostels:

Oslo Hotel - http://www.oslohotel.com.au/new_web/proces.html

In St Kilda, which is prolly a 10 buck cab fare from the venue. Reason I'm posting this one,
is that I stayed there and would totally recommend em based on that stay. Costed me $16 a night at the time,
which was a dorm room that I had all to myself cause it was quiet Tongue

Friendly Group - http://www.friendlygroup.com.au/greenhouse_rates.asp

Have delievered mail to these guys, and it seems nice enough if that helps any (prolly not :p ).

Handy link for more hostels: http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel/vic/melbournearea/directory/hostels

Thanks alot for doing that dude. Really appreciate it. Its helped alot.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2007, 09:48:39 PM »

peace

Most welcome man - glad to hear it helped Smiley
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2007, 09:53:53 PM »

peace

I'll shout ya a beer at one of the Guns shows.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2007, 10:24:29 PM »

peace

I'll shout ya a beer at one of the Guns shows.

peace

Haha - mighty kind man - appreciate that, but it's all good - glad to help out!! Smiley
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2007, 09:48:15 PM »

Hey all,

Sorry if this is the wrong section i couldn't seem to post in the tour area...maybe i'm just deprived of caffeine this morning.

Anyway...i have 2 tickets - general admission (floor) for sale to this fridays sold out GNR show....

Reason is that I bought gen add for me and a mate, and then due to a miscommunication a friend of mine also got us all reserved seating....most of them want to go in the stands...so now i've got two spare floor tickets....

Let me know if anyone is interested.

thanks.
badapple81
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2007, 02:08:06 AM »

I'm in Melbourne now chilling out for a couple of days before Friday's gig. It's cold and raining (surprise surprise haha) .. can't wait for Friday!
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2007, 01:04:11 AM »

Its going to be so cold and miserable lining up to get a good spot for the floor....I'm still hell excited. Guns N Roses down under...so fucking awesome.
badapple81
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2007, 03:07:57 AM »

What time u guys starting?

Does anybody here have dead n bloateds contact #?? He has been trying to contact me but I forgot his number Sad  If anyone can help.. I can give u my number to give to him..
badapple81
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2007, 07:27:09 PM »

GIG TODAY! Smiley
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2007, 10:25:39 PM »

GIG TODAY! Smiley

I'm sure you'll have a great time mate! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2007, 03:44:39 AM »

day after the melbourne show,the band was firing. if anyone has a bootleg dvd please let me know

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2007, 04:06:24 AM »

Didn't melbourne have the metal detectors and bag checks at the door? Recording equipment would have been confiscated.....

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Blackrose
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2007, 07:49:07 AM »

^^Yeah you had to empty your pockets and were given a container to put your stuff in, you then went through and they would check you with metal detectors, then you could put everything back in your pockets.
Though both nights in Melbourne I got waved passed the metal detectors so I could have got recording gear in but don't have any.

So I doubt whether anyone got any decent gear in to be able to bootleg it, hopefully someone did.
If some one has and needs a hand with authouring pm me I would be more than glad to help.

Security was pretty hot inside the venue to, Friday I was about 3 from the front and as soon as security saw a phone they would be straight up telling them to put it away.
Saturday night I stood back near the sound desk and security did not seem to worry back there, you can see a clip of Patience from Sat night in my sig.

Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: