Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 01:07:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228030 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The French Miss World representant is deaf but ( look) :
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The French Miss World representant is deaf but ( look) :  (Read 17298 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2007, 05:50:06 PM »

that one aint beautiful at all no
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2007, 05:55:36 PM »

i have to say this again, a lot of 19 year old VERY tall girls grew so fast they haven't put enough weight on.

See her in 4 years, she'll be a lot more normal.

? When you put a picture of her here, you can't expect anyone to judge her by potential, or how she'll look like in 4 years.

? Besides, going into modelling she'll probably be forced to look like a broomstick throughout her career...I see so many models who could be incredibly beautiful women, if ony they'd be less skinny. It's sad, an industry that's supposed to promote beauty, actually inhibits it.

If i may say something about that :

Most people who design clothes are male
most male designers are gay
most gays like their partners fairly young
or even VERY young
most young-ish men have straight bodies

Most designers design for women
most designers do not have fantasies OF/FOR women

The industry does not stop them because the industry is mentally sick
The industry is turning women's bodies into bodies of little boys
The industry is killing women and the fantasy seems like of one that slowly erases women out of the genetical map

WHAT DESIGNERS SHOULD NEVER FORGET IS THAT MOST CLIENTS ARE FAT OLD CURVY LADIES WHO HAVE HUSBANDS WHO FUCK ELSEWHERE AND WHO WANT TO STAY DESIRABLE.

WOMEN pay their salaries in buying clothes.

rant

thank you

Nothing to say
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2007, 07:26:14 PM »

i'm sick of how people always think it's acceptable to bash someone for being thin
anorexia and eating disorders are horrible, but i'm sick of skinny people being stigmatized no matter what
i'm skinny and all my life people have been commenting on it, what makes them think that is ok? a lot of people have high metabolism and can't really gain weight, it's genetic
for people with low self-esteem it can be very damaging to constantly get put down for being skinny
how would you like it if you were chubby and people kept telling you "slow down on the eating, you are much fatter than normal"
same fucking thing

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2007, 08:29:45 PM »

dirtydozen, great post.  Instead of getting angry though, just laugh to yourself about how those same fat people will die earlier than you.  Their hearts will be overtaxed...their arteries will be filled with sludge...their risk of contracting cancer will be significantly higher than yours...they'll be injecting themselves with insulin in between their trips to the pastry aisles at the local grocery store in their power-wheelchairs.  Yeah, it sounds heartless, and it may be mean-spirited, but it's better than being dead.   hihi

Jessica, easy girl!  Settle down a bit.  If advertisers made more money with 600 pound porkers modeling their outfits, they'd use 'em.  If using plus-sized models (which really aren't plus-sized women, they're actually thinner than the average American woman here in the U.S.) made more people buy their clothes, they'd use them.  There is no gay conspiracy to keep women sticking fingers down their throats, suppositories up their asses, or chain-smoke cigarettes to stay thin...the only gay conspiracy I know of is to keep Tom Cruise and Clay Aiken safely in the closet.   hihi

Jessica, be proud that many of the most admired women in the world have muscular definition nowadays.  Women are playing professional sports, working out, and have great bodies to show for it.  Besides, there will always be a segment of the male population that digs fat chicks.  Did I say fat? 

Now, one more thing.  Jessica has a point.  Back when Elle MacPherson was in her prime she was a great model, but too thin for my taste...but then, she put on 30 pounds to do a movie called Sirens (one where she is completely naked) and became completely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!
 drool  Yes, models are way too skinny for my taste, but did ya ever think they keep 'em that skinny because it doesn't take away from the outfit the woman is wearing?

How about guys complaining about the male models with 2% body-fat and 6-pack abs?  Umm....no, guys aren't complaining.  Who gives a crap?  Do guys throw hissy-fits complaining about unattainable bodies?  No, they realize it's all marketing.   Roll Eyes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
MCT
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2007, 10:57:55 AM »

i'm sick of how people always think it's acceptable to bash someone for being thin

It's not about bashing people for being thin. That wasn't my point anyway. Rather, it's about impressionable young women being "told" by the industry of beauty that their perfectly healthy and normal bodies are anything but. And when this happens, many young women are faced with a model (pun intended) that they can never live up to.

Anything else, such as the rest of your post and the pseudo-contrarian rambling of say, Axl4Prez, is an entirely seperate issue altogether.
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2007, 02:10:53 PM »

"ya flip 'em on over and they all look the same."?? I don't get it...

when making love to a women "doggystyle" what their face looks like doesnt matter

I'm glad you used the term 'making love.......doggy style.....' geez guys, that's one way to get the babes!? Roll Eyes

i have to ask ya something....... what do you do besides post on these forums? cause your avg is a little better then 1/h since you joined the board.......whats your total time logged in?

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2007, 05:31:07 PM »

It's not about bashing people for being thin. That wasn't my point anyway. Rather, it's about impressionable young women being "told" by the industry of beauty that their perfectly healthy and normal bodies are anything but. And when this happens, many young women are faced with a model (pun intended) that they can never live up to.

Anything else, such as the rest of your post and the pseudo-contrarian rambling of say, Axl4Prez, is an entirely seperate issue altogether.

I see.  When I applaud women who keep their bodies healthy the proper way, through good fitness and nutrition, you call that rambling.  Yet, you are allowed to give women a back-handed slap with the old, "impressionable young women," crap. 
Give women a little more credit MCT.  Many women out there understand it's all marketing...give me a break, you didn't find it the least bit funny that someone blamed the prevalence of ultra-thin models on some gay conspiracy? 

MCT, go hit a treadmill.  Wink  How the f you came up with pseudo-contrarian is beyond me. 

My basic points were these:  1:  the runner-up is hot.  2:  yes, she's a bit on the thin side.  3:  most people in the U.S. are overweight and that is a much bigger problem than anorexia/bulimia.     

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2007, 05:34:31 PM »

She needs to eat something. 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
MCT
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2007, 08:07:03 PM »

When I applaud women who keep their bodies healthy the proper way, through good fitness and nutrition, you call that rambling.? Yet, you are allowed to give women a back-handed slap with the old, "impressionable young women," crap.?
Give women a little more credit MCT.?

Oh, stop it. Just like my original point...

I think it's important for those at the fore of the fashion/beauty industry to promote as healthy a message about beauty as they can...

...my impressional young women "crap" wasn't tabled as a be all and end all statement. It's simply a point, not an all-encompassing one. And it really couldn't be any simpler.

Now, while certain postings may not have been in direct response to mine, I still chose to take issue with them because they were in fact presented as theeeeeee issue. Fat is worse than skinny and that's that. Which is where "pseudo-contrarian" is derived from. You took (unintentionally I'm sure) a blanket stance contrary to my supposed blanket statement, but because my point was limited to a specific issue, your more general assessment was more of a pseudo-contrarian one to mine. The rambling bit was thrown in because I'm an asshole.

Many women out there understand it's all marketing...

Obviously. But there's more than one YOUNG and IMPRESSIONABLE femalien out there who could fall victim to an inherently unhealthy message. And not just could, they do! And they have! It's a real issue. And you debase it with your...rambling.

MCT, go hit a treadmill. ? ?

Why? Don't ya think I'm sexy?

Come on, man! This is fuckin' TIGHT!!!

Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2007, 08:10:27 PM »

should have went down just a little further with the second pic Grin

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2007, 09:12:40 PM »

Oh great, now I've got to live up to that almost unattainable physical condition you've gotten yourself into MCT.   hihi  Peace MCT, I enjoy your posts when they're not making fun of me or others.  Let me know when you're ready to tackle a nice long triathlon.  I'd be more than happy to show ya the ropes.  ok 

I just tried to point out the fact that the fashion world (like all business enterprises) revolves around making money.  If carting out 95 pound waifs sells clothes, bam, that's what we'll get.  Now, the average chick in the U.S. is overweight and out of shape and falls well above 25 on that scale.  Why do they like to buy more when it's advertised by self-inflicted famine victims?  Don't ask me how the female mind works.   Grin

If I'm not mistaken, I do believe I mentioned how bad anorexia/bulimia is/are.  Not to be an asshole, but I think it's very important for people to realize that the epidemic of obesity is killing and will kill more people than anorexia/bulimia will in the next thousand years.

The runner-up is still hotter than the winner.   Cheesy

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2007, 11:38:07 PM »

speaking of french people - where has Wat-ever gone?  I miss that guy.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2007, 11:46:38 PM »

speaking of french people - where has Wat-ever gone?? I miss that guy.

Someone was very rude to him and none of us backed him up......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2007, 11:47:45 PM »

Interesting theory that jessica has....although I think theres a fairly big difference between homosexuality and pedophilia. Like when a guy is gay i'd say it means he wants to fuck men not boys....the same way most males would want a woman not a little girl.....

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2007, 12:23:27 AM »

Interesting theory that jessica has....although I think theres a fairly big difference between homosexuality and pedophilia. Like when a guy is gay i'd say it means he wants to fuck men not boys....the same way most males would want a woman not a little girl.....

But a woman doing the act is quite a thing to behold.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2007, 12:31:25 AM »

speaking of french people - where has Wat-ever gone?  I miss that guy.

Someone was very rude to him and none of us backed him up......

when was this? how come i missed out on the fun! Wink

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2007, 08:57:24 AM »

I just tried to point out the fact that the fashion world (like all business enterprises) revolves around making money.  If carting out 95 pound waifs sells clothes, bam, that's what we'll get. 

Except runway models really aren't selling clothes to consumers, they're selling to BUYERS.  BUYERS then judge the sizes, qty, etc they will put in their stores.  Maybe, for them, the waif/"human clothes hanger" look works, since, maybe, they want to see the garment, not the model wearing it.  Which of course goes back to Jessica's point about the industry really "minimizing" the woman in the dress.....

BUT, the industry is such a public ones, those runway shows (the big ones, anyway) become public spectacles.....

So, in this case, I'm not sure you can say it's about selling clothes to the consumers, even though the message is PASSED on to those consumers, in the end.

If I'm not mistaken, I do believe I mentioned how bad anorexia/bulimia is/are.  Not to be an asshole, but I think it's very important for people to realize that the epidemic of obesity is killing and will kill more people than anorexia/bulimia will in the next thousand years.

I don't think anyone disagrees with that.....but you can hardly call what passes for a "plus sized model" as obese.  There is a happy (and healthy) medium here.  Since the industry doesn't display and glorify pictures of obese women, I'm not sure how your point relates to this particular discussion.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 08:59:50 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2007, 08:11:12 PM »

I just tried to point out the fact that the fashion world (like all business enterprises) revolves around making money.  If carting out 95 pound waifs sells clothes, bam, that's what we'll get. 

Except runway models really aren't selling clothes to consumers, they're selling to BUYERS.  BUYERS then judge the sizes, qty, etc they will put in their stores.  Maybe, for them, the waif/"human clothes hanger" look works, since, maybe, they want to see the garment, not the model wearing it.  Which of course goes back to Jessica's point about the industry really "minimizing" the woman in the dress.....

BUT, the industry is such a public ones, those runway shows (the big ones, anyway) become public spectacles.....

So, in this case, I'm not sure you can say it's about selling clothes to the consumers, even though the message is PASSED on to those consumers, in the end.

I don't think anyone disagrees with that.....but you can hardly call what passes for a "plus sized model" as obese.  There is a happy (and healthy) medium here.  Since the industry doesn't display and glorify pictures of obese women, I'm not sure how your point relates to this particular discussion.

what a f'ing retarded "industry" this is to begin with!!!  "beautiful" people selling clothes and accessories and getting paid millions to have their picture taken.  if people weren't such sheep this entire thread probably wouldn't exist.  hihi

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2007, 09:53:40 PM »

what a f'ing retarded "industry" this is to begin with!!!? "beautiful" people selling clothes and accessories and getting paid millions to have their picture taken.? if people weren't such sheep this entire thread probably wouldn't exist.? hihi

I hope you're not expecting an argument from me on that one.....'cause you won't get one. I agree.

Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2007, 10:38:56 PM »

what a f'ing retarded "industry" this is to begin with!!!  "beautiful" people selling clothes and accessories and getting paid millions to have their picture taken.  if people weren't such sheep this entire thread probably wouldn't exist.  hihi

I hope you're not expecting an argument from me on that one.....'cause you won't get one. I agree.

Smiley

not at all.  i never hope for an argument Smiley 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: