Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 05:03:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228059 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guitar Hero III feat. Welcome To The Jungle
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guitar Hero III feat. Welcome To The Jungle  (Read 54199 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2007, 08:40:42 AM »

Well, you can find it on any torrent server...but I went to a place here in Rio de Janeiro to buy an "alternative" version of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008(it's alternative because the original stuff is WAY too expansive around here...), and while I was there I saw the cover of GHIII and that was it, last thing I know I was playing it in my house! Grin

It's SO COOL to play with Slash!!!!!!! beer beer beer

Oh, and the Velvet Revolver songs, I don't know, they're not on the tracklist, but I think they will be available to purchase/download/whatever for PS3

Gotcha!  I think, in countries outside of the span of "influence" of the game companies...they might not be as strict about "street dates".  Around the states, stores can get fined for breaking street dates....so you have to depend on either people screwing up OR bribery.  Neither tends to work often or well, so you just wait.

Torrents don't help, really, unless you've got a modded pS2, xbox360, or ps3 (and the ps3 not so much because the old ps2 guitar controllers work like shit....hammer ons and pull offs don't work....on the system).  I don't mod my consoles, so I guess I'm stuck waiting.

Glad you're playing early!  I'll be playing at about 12:15 AM Sunday morning (picking it up at midnight) on my PS3 (picked up the 80 gb version, with motorstorm, "used" from a friend who wanted an Xbox 360 insead...I bought him the 360 and got the ps3).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2007, 09:35:02 AM »

I've never played Guitar Hero in my life...but after buying the Wii last April, I've been dying for it to come out. Finally picked it up Sunday and tricked out my guitar using a sticker that I've had for MANY, MANY years, but NEVER used before. What do you think?!

Not to worry...Axl's skull is up on the neck (not shown) along with the 'bullet logo' sticker that came with the guitar/game.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2007, 09:44:50 AM »

I've never played Guitar Hero in my life...but after buying the Wii last April, I've been dying for it to come out. Finally picked it up Sunday and tricked out my guitar using a sticker that I've had for MANY, MANY years, but NEVER used before. What do you think?!

Not to worry...Axl's skull is up on the neck (not shown) along with the 'bullet logo' sticker that came with the guitar/game.

LOVE IT!

Because there are removeable faceplates, I'm HOPING someone does a GnR one to sell. 

The decals that came with my PS3 version has an old GnR lgog decal on the sheet....I'm debating putting it on the black Les Paul faceplate it came with, but am holding off until I see if I can find a "real" GnR designed faceplate.

I'd buy one like yours in a heartbeat if there was a PS3 version.

Heck, if I could find the cross logo in high enough resolution...I'd just make my own sticker to put on..

Anyone seen it out there?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 10:08:40 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
SINSHINE
VIP

« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2007, 10:56:27 AM »

I'd buy one like yours in a heartbeat if there was a PS3 version.

Heck, if I could find the cross logo in high enough resolution...I'd just make my own sticker to put on..

Anyone seen it out there?

The sticker I used came with an Appetite for Destruction vinyl record I bought off of Ebay. I'm guessing they were issued with the album when it was released (not sure about that though) so maybe you could find another vinyl copy that has the sticker with it to use.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2007, 11:08:08 PM »

slash was harder to beat in the game than the final boss, the fuckin' DEVIL on devil went down to georgia! that was sick. jungle was a blast to play

ps: i went to the joe perry signing in manhattan and got a gh3 guitar faceplate for the 360 controller and a photo of joe perry himself signed. the only thing though, joe perry seemed like a real dick
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 11:11:29 PM by Estranged 063087 » Logged

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2007, 11:28:25 PM »

i took the guitar hero gnr stickers and put em on my laptop.. it coming out looking like a butterfly was a complete accident.. i just wanted the flames to come out of the guns

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Adam_Guill
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2007, 09:59:16 PM »

gwar stickers? sweet
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2007, 02:35:07 AM »

slash was harder to beat in the game than the final boss, the fuckin' DEVIL on devil went down to georgia! that was sick. jungle was a blast to play

ps: i went to the joe perry signing in manhattan and got a gh3 guitar faceplate for the 360 controller and a photo of joe perry himself signed. the only thing though, joe perry seemed like a real dick
I'm only playing on Medium (still kinda new to the game), but was able to beat Slash on my first attempt. Of course, I failed One by Metallica three times (I've discovered that playing GH3 when super tired is not very easy).
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2007, 03:24:28 AM »

any one having problems with the wireless controller??? sh*t can't get it to work!!!  Huh

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2007, 08:15:44 AM »

My biggest issue, having played the previous guitar hero games, is "unlearning" the old hammer-on technique and strumming more notes.  It's second nature to play some of the sequences as hammer-ons.....they would have worked in GH and both GH2's....but they don't work in GH3.  Taking me a LOT of getting used to, and I'm flubbing and 3 starring songs a lot more often because of it.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2007, 08:16:20 AM »

any one having problems with the wireless controller??? sh*t can't get it to work!!!  Huh

Which version?  PS3, 360 or Wii?

Together again,
deep pocketz
Headliner

Lagada

« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2007, 08:49:17 AM »

I'm guessing the album's slated for September or early fall.

deep pocketz
Headliner

Lagada

« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2007, 08:50:44 AM »

Joe Perry = washed up. For God's sake he played guitar on American Idol last year for Sanjaya. That was low point on his career.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2007, 11:20:28 AM »

Joe Perry = washed up. For God's sake he played guitar on American Idol last year for Sanjaya. That was low point on his career.

LOTS of people who aren't washed up play on American Idol. I'm not even a remote fan of the show and I don't want to hijack the thread, but you can't just go around saying Joe Perry is washed up.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
deep pocketz
Headliner

Lagada

« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2007, 02:12:46 PM »

LOTS of people who aren't washed up play on American Idol. I'm not even a remote fan of the show and I don't want to hijack the thread, but you can't just go around saying Joe Perry is washed up.

I can and I did.
SINSHINE
VIP

« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2007, 02:13:44 PM »

You obviously HAVEN'T seen him in concert recently. He's still one of the greatest live performers working in the music biz.

snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2007, 06:05:44 PM »

any one having problems with the wireless controller??? sh*t can't get it to work!!!? Huh

Which version?? PS3, 360 or Wii?

thanks for answering!! it is for the ps3......the thingy that hangs from the ps3 just either keeps blinking fast or slow and the gutar just keeps blinking until the light turns off

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2007, 08:24:34 AM »

Which version?  PS3, 360 or Wii?

thanks for answering!! it is for the ps3......the thingy that hangs from the ps3 just either keeps blinking fast or slow and the gutar just keeps blinking until the light turns off

First, make sure you turn on the console via the button on it, not via any controllers.

Next, once the console comes on, push the PS button on the guitar.  The 4 lights on the guitar should start blinking.

Now push the little button at the "point" of the thing that hangs off the PS3.

Now push the PS button on the guitar again.  They should "link up", and only one light should be on on the guitar now.

That should do it.  You should only have to do things that way once....from then on the controller should auto synch, simply by pushing the PS button once, when you turn on the PS3 (like a regular wireless controller).

Together again,
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2007, 09:35:23 AM »

any one having problems with the wireless controller??? sh*t can't get it to work!!!? Huh

Which version?? PS3, 360 or Wii?

First, make sure you turn on the console via the button on it, not via any controllers.

Next, once the console comes on, push the PS button on the guitar.? The 4 lights on the guitar should start blinking.

Now push the little button at the "point" of the thing that hangs off the PS3.

Now push the PS button on the guitar again.? They should "link up", and only one light should be on on the guitar now.

That should do it.? You should only have to do things that way once....from then on the controller should auto synch, simply by pushing the PS button once, when you turn on the PS3 (like a regular wireless controller).

got it thanks a lot!! can you believe..there's no instruction in the booklet for the wireless guitar they only show for the regular controller!!! Huh

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2007, 10:24:46 PM »

Yup...so I had to buy the game tonight.

Let's see if we can't find a secret GnR song.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: