Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:42:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  Molson Amphitheatre - August 12 2007
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Molson Amphitheatre - August 12 2007  (Read 7078 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: June 20, 2007, 01:18:40 PM »

Whos going? It should be awsome..got my VIP package today

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 10:15:42 AM »

200 Level tickets.... I think they're in the VERY back row.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 08:15:55 PM »

Tomorrow night...Cant wait man, that Myspace show got me really pumped

Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 09:47:03 PM »

So what time is everyone showing up?

Is Molson Ampitheatre around Ontario Place?

Hehe.  Better double check on Mapquest before leaving for the show tomorrow and then not being able to find the place.  Ack!  Don't even want to imagine that! Smiley

See y'all tomorrow Smiley
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 10:44:29 PM »

Ya its connected to Ontario Place...Im leaving around 3 from Peterborough, where are you coming from?

Eeebs
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 11:13:18 PM »

Toronto Smiley

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 08:22:08 AM »

oh ok...and you dont know how to get there? lol...Im leaving a bit early cause of all the Sunday traffic coming home from Cottage Country

Eeebs
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 08:53:49 AM »

Hehe.  I know it's by Ontario Place, but I have yet to attend a concert at the Molson Amphitheatre.  But tonight's the night!  I read on another thread that VR played 22 songs in Montreal... hope the same thing will happen tonight!! 

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 09:57:50 AM »

Molson Amphitheatre, Toronto - August 12, 2007

By JASON MACNEIL -- Special To Sun Media

TORONTO - After coming into town three months ago for a club show, Velvet Revolver returned to Toronto. And like the first time, there wasn't exactly much to find fault with.

The band, in the early stages of another North American tour, churned out a fine 100-minute set before a near sold-out crowd at the Molson Amphitheatre Sunday evening.

With lead singer Scott Weiland looking like he just finished working with The Salvation Army, the "supergroup" opened with the blazing boogie-tinged Let It Roll from the new album Libertad. Not to be outdone, guitarist Slash held up his side of this rock and roll bargain during the ensuing She Mine as a tossed beer cup roughly half-full just missed him by a foot or two.

While the same projectile of choice was also aimed later on at bassist Duff McKagan and guitarist Dave Kushner (and missing both), it didn't stop the group from chugging along at a rapid clip with the rousing Sucker Train Blues leading into the crunchy Do It For The Kids. "We're Velvet Revolver and we still play motherf--king rock and roll," Weiland said to cheers.

And that they certainly do. Aside from the video screen behind them and a small display of the Libertad cover art on either side, there was very little in the way of gimmicks. Of course when you mix three parts of Guns N' Roses together with one part of Stone Temple Pilots little else is needed.

After tearing through Big Machine, Velvet Revolver unfurled Pills, Demons, Etc., sounding as if it was some strange yet effective homage to Sly And The Family Stone. But try as they might with their own rock solid material, the back catalogue of their former groups earned the loudest responses of the evening beginning with Vasoline as drummer Matt Sorum worked a bit harder on the number.

Things took a mellower, subdued tone when a brief set change had the group seated in a quasi-unplugged manner. The ensuing rendition of Interstate Love Song appeared a bit tamer than usual but still had the desired effect of the audience doing the bulk of the backing vocals. The first Guns N' Roses effort Patience was also given one of the bigger ovations as Slash, sporting his ever-present black top hat, nailed the song on his twin-necked guitar.

Probably the only drawback was how it took Velvet Revolver a couple of songs to get back up to snuff as was the case with another G N' R classic It's So Easy and the ballad-y Fall To Pieces which Weiland stated was "for the casual fan." But before closing the show, older material emerged once more with the one-two punch of Mr. Brownstone and Sex Type Thing.

Earning an equal amount of appreciation on this night was Alice In Chains. The resurrected band, with lead singer William Duvall replacing the late Layne Staley, proved to be a strong support act with songs such as Dirt, No Excuses and Down In A Hole during its 45-minute set.

Anyone know what the capacity is of the molson amphitheatre? I'm guessing it's around 10.000 if so that means that this was a big show!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 10:10:43 AM »

Anyone know what the capacity is of the molson amphitheatre? I'm guessing it's around 10.000 if so that means that this was a big show!

Well, if there was any doubt that it was a big show... all you had to do was take a look around!  The capacity is about 15-16,000 I think.

This was a really great concert and puts all of the arguments and trash talk in this section under the "stupid" category in my mind.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: