Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 08:39:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227989 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Why did Dizzy not leave ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why did Dizzy not leave ?  (Read 10318 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2007, 02:34:29 PM »

What happened in 1994?  I read somewhere a long time ago that Dizzy wasn't in the band in 1994 for reasons unknown.
isa
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2007, 07:01:02 PM »

why did he not leave?, in my personal opinion, where is he gonna go with a keaboard?, he owe a lot to Axl, everything he have, he needs the big paycheck, he is good at his instrument, I don't what he is gonna do when if the origial line up, get back together someday, to sum up for me he have a scholarship kind of thing.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2007, 08:51:57 PM »

He's probably a fan of Limp Bizkit and Nine Inch Nails, the same bands Axl was inspired by at the time. The other guys weren't. Slash and Duff would understandably have no interest in playing on the likes of Silkworms or Oh My God, which is the direction Axl was pursuing at that time. Which is why they left. Dizzy clearly liked that direction.

Also, I remember readin where the other members of the band weren't too sure about Dizzy joining - Slash once said nobody apart from Axl spoke to Dizzy in the first two weeks of him being in the band. So it would be weird if Dizzy joined the other guys in walking out at a later date.

Amazing he has lasted this long - I'd love to read an autobiography of his time in the band - there can't be many who understand all that has gone on in the last seventeen years as much as him.

axl made an executive decision to bring him in....the rest of the guys did not want and didnt think they needed a keyboard player....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Bert
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 01:44:50 PM »

He was literally starving.

He didn't look like he was starving Cheesy
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2007, 02:16:12 PM »

lets see.....lets leave GUNS N ROSES...yeah thats a smart decision......Dizzy staying was a no brainer....
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2007, 03:31:03 PM »

i took those words about starving straight from an interview dizzy did right after axl put him in the band.....

Bert
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2007, 03:53:58 PM »

i took those words about starving straight from an interview dizzy did right after axl put him in the band.....

T'was just a joke about him being a bit chubby back in the days. Of course I believe you Wink.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2007, 03:57:49 PM »

I'm just listening to GNR at rock in rio II and Dizzy is mentioned as the new keyboard player on estranged. And I'm just wondering as all the other members whether it was Duff,Slash,Gilby, and Matt were either fired or left of their own accord. And then I realised that Dizzy is still there after 17 yrs officially in the band.

I'm just wondering as to why he decided to stay. Was it a case of loyality to Axl or did he not have as much trouble with Axl ? I mean Dizzy is an amazing musician in his own right, and it wouldn't have been hard for the guy to have got another gig with another band had he so wished. I mean i'm glad he stayed as GN'R is better for it but was just wondering.

Well what do the great GN'R public think ?

Dizzy has been loyal to all the musicians he has worked with

He is just a stand up family guy
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2007, 04:26:30 PM »

T'was just a joke about him being a bit chubby back in the days. Of course I believe you Wink.

thanks, man...sorry i didnt get it...it looks like he's starving now...he needs to put on a few...

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2007, 11:24:43 PM »

Nice abs though! I got a close up through my binoculars at the concert.....

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 12:06:11 PM »

Because he is intelligent.

Are you calling Slash, Duff, Gilby and Matt stupid? Because we try not to insult GN'R members on this here GN'R fansite.
yes, they're really intelligent. They left Gn'R and they're writing fucking nice music. Oh, wait, I forgot Contraband and Libertad both sucks. Gimme a break, please. They're not Gn'R members, they're VR members and this is a Gn'R site. You can bitch in the VR section, but NOT HERE, please.
If they are intelligent or not we don't know, but they're fucked cause they left Axl and they can not write good music. Simple as that.

Oh, by the way I think that spending your life being drunk in a bar instead of learning how to play a fucking guitar is not intelligent.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 12:13:07 PM »

Are you calling Slash, Duff, Gilby and Matt stupid? Because we try not to insult GN'R members on this here GN'R fansite.
yes, they're really intelligent. They left Gn'R and they're writing fucking nice music. Oh, wait, I forgot Contraband and Libertad both sucks. Gimme a break, please. They're not Gn'R members, they're VR members and this is a Gn'R site. You can bitch in the VR section, but NOT HERE, please.
If they are intelligent or not we don't know, but they're fucked cause they left Axl and they can not write good music. Simple as that.

Oh, by the way I think that spending your life being drunk in a bar instead of learning how to play a fucking guitar is not intelligent.

i never understood why there is even a VR section on a gnr site. i just dont think it belongs here. the past is the past, we should focus on the here and now.....

Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2007, 12:19:37 PM »

i never understood why there is even a VR section on a gnr site. i just dont think it belongs here. the past is the past, we should focus on the here and now.....
exactly. I think it's cause of these people bitching. So jarmo created a section to all those people bitch together. rofl

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2007, 12:28:15 PM »

exactly. I think it's cause of these people bitching. So jarmo created a section to all those people bitch together. rofl

we should start a petition to get rid of the VR section....this is a gnr site, period...

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2007, 12:32:15 PM »

If not for the VR section there'd be nothing to talk about.  ok

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2007, 12:36:54 PM »

If not for the VR section there'd be nothing to talk about.? ok

thats true, 100%. But this a gnr site, not a vr site......the past is done....time to live in the now and the future..............

Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2007, 12:53:56 PM »

lol. there's a world tour going on. Roll Eyes

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2007, 12:56:16 PM »

lol. there's a world tour going on. Roll Eyes

Where they play the same set each night and never mention CD. Exciting. Not to mention that this "World" tour only hits Mexico, Australia, Japan. Some world.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2007, 01:29:24 PM »

I think to 'live in the now' would be to ignore the fact that every song GNR have ever offically released up until this point - bar Oh My God - had Slash and Duff on it. Some had Matt and Gilby. Tongue

(I'm not a new-GNR-hater beer)

ANYWAY

Back on topic, Dizzy probably never left for the simple reason that he always got along with Axl and had no problems with musical direction.

And I don't think Slash and co. are fucked. I don't think money will ever be a problem for them.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2007, 01:59:27 PM »

I think to 'live in the now' would be to ignore the fact that every song GNR have ever offically released up until this point - bar Oh My God - had Slash and Duff on it. Some had Matt and Gilby. Tongue

(I'm not a new-GNR-hater beer)

ANYWAY

Back on topic, Dizzy probably never left for the simple reason that he always got along with Axl and had no problems with musical direction.

And I don't think Slash and co. are fucked. I don't think money will ever be a problem for them.

not ignoring what the od guys contributed at all. point is this is a gnr site, not vr.....id like to see all vr related stuff be taken off .....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: