Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:41:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Argue about what we should argue about
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Argue about what we should argue about  (Read 29503 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2007, 12:44:42 PM »

Wow, this place is bizarre.  I didn't read this whole thread, but what I get from it is that there is a real animosity toward the US on this board, both from outside the US and inside. 

I suggest you take a reading comprehension class.

That's just who you are. 

People who say stupid shit don't get a pass from me.

I simply tell the truth, while you defend ignorance and repeat cheap AM radio slogan talk.

Maybe I should go back and read the entire thread because I don't recall anyone bashing the US. Some of us might have "bashed" that fool in the White House, but I don't think so. From what I seem to recall, It was primarily comparisons in relation to ...

Anybody who starts off with "I didn't read the whole thread" provides me with an instant profile of themselves. This guy obviously didn't read his entire history book either or he would have remembered that if it weren't for the French we'd all be singing Gawd save the Queen. Best to just be lazy and make assumptions about everything-it's no wonder people think Merikans are stoopid.

It is important to also note that foreign aid is based on GNP as formulated by the UN (and agreed upon by all the "rich" countries.) But of course he didn't know that either, because he probably didn't "read the whole thing."
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 12:58:37 PM by Pharmo » Logged
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2007, 01:58:44 PM »

Pharmo, instead of reacting to my actual points, you reacted to a statement about not reading the whole thread.  Unlike yourself, I have enough of a life that I can't waste days on end here (see your post count for evidence of the amount of time you spend here).  So let me restate my point.

I was simply stating that there is a lot of animosity on this particular board toward the USA (in this thread and others).  And I find it funny considering people congregate here to talk about an American pop culture product.  It's akin to going to a Beatles board and bashing Britain.  My point is that it is kind of amusing in a way.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2007, 02:22:00 PM »

People who say stupid shit don't get a pass from me.

I simply tell the truth, while you defend ignorance and repeat cheap AM radio slogan talk.

Defending ignorance is what your all about. Your post say it clearly.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #123 on: July 01, 2007, 11:29:29 PM »

Pharmo, instead of reacting to my actual points, you reacted to a statement about not reading the whole thread.

In all actuality, I think he was reacting to this:
and on the other hand you all bash the US relentlessly ...? But to turn that into a hatred for the US is bizarre

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
SLCPUNK
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2007, 12:46:47 AM »

Defending ignorance is what your all about. Your post say it clearly.

I have been right about everything you have been wrong about. Maybe for once in your life you should learn to shut up and start to listen for a change.

I was simply stating that there is a lot of animosity on this particular board toward the USA (in this thread and others).  And I find it funny considering people congregate here to talk about an American pop culture product.  It's akin to going to a Beatles board and bashing Britain.  My point is that it is kind of amusing in a way.

I understand you're point, however that is not what I was responding to. I made it perfectly clear what I was responding to.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 12:49:24 AM by Pharmo » Logged
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2007, 06:46:28 AM »

I have been right about everything you have been wrong about. Maybe for once in your life you should learn to shut up and start to listen for a change.

It's your opinion that your always right when it's just you point of view or opinion. And your school house bully techniques are pathetic.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2007, 09:51:47 AM »

I was simply stating that there is a lot of animosity on this particular board toward the USA (in this thread and others).? And I find it funny considering people congregate here to talk about an American pop culture product.? It's akin to going to a Beatles board and bashing Britain.? My point is that it is kind of amusing in a way.

Right, I've been somewhat muted in my anti-American rhetoric because I like hot dogs and apple pie.  My conscience couldn't tolerate the contradiction without my head exploding.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2007, 10:03:03 AM »

Right, I've been somewhat muted in my anti-American rhetoric because I like hot dogs and apple pie.  My conscience couldn't tolerate the contradiction without my head exploding.

hahah great post  ok

but seriously, can we please stay on topic???

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2007, 10:19:23 AM »

but seriously, can we please stay on topic???

Dios mio, man!  I can't remember the last time this thread was on topic.  The last page is people arguing about what they were arguing about. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2007, 03:44:22 PM »

When I have guests at my house for dinner, if they go off topic I will scream at them "Get back on topic, get back on topic!" If they still go off topic, I simply ignore them, and eat my food in another room.

It's your opinion that your always right when it's just you point of view or opinion. And your school house bully techniques are pathetic.

You guys called me all sorts of names back when the war started (and I stood virtually alone in the minority-most old time posters can vouch for this), and I turned out to be right about it all. There is no "opinion" about that, it is what it is. Iraq is a cluster fuck, a training ground for terrorism, and according to our own intelligence reports we are less safe because of it. Just as I predicted. So, therefore I was right about everything you were wrong about.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2007, 05:04:45 PM »

I agree

Pharmo had it right and  I admit I was wrong.

Global Warming is still Bullshit however. hihi hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2007, 05:20:44 PM »

Once I have some ocean front property in Utah, you can buy me a steak dinner. 'eh?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2007, 05:33:05 PM »

^
Like I've said

Sure Global Warming exists but I think its kind of ridiculous to hold a "Concert" for it.

All the power and gas people use to get to and from the concerts will do way more damage than the money raised.

Also Al Gore talks about conservation and the dude went on Bus Tours, lives in a house 50 times too big for his needs............ Its just hard to take these multi millionaire's who waste more electricity than all of us combined seriously.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2007, 05:41:06 PM »

You guys called me all sorts of names back when the war started (and I stood virtually alone in the minority-most old time posters can vouch for this), and I turned out to be right about it all. There is no "opinion" about that, it is what it is. Iraq is a cluster fuck, a training ground for terrorism, and according to our own intelligence reports we are less safe because of it. Just as I predicted. So, therefore I was right about everything you were wrong about.

You guys? They might have but I am pretty sure I never did. Please don't include me with them. Yes, I've questioned and criticized some of your post but I've never called you a name. And what does this have to do with Iraq anyways? You said you have been right about "everything.' How many topics have we've touched on and debated about over the years where we had different views? Many of them. I also never made such a bold statement that Iraq would be a cake walk or go smoothly or anything to that nature. Much less to criticize you about it and say it would be.

The majority of what we have debated and argued about is pretty much based on different views and opinions. And just because you think your right doesn't always put you in the right. It's pretty much about a persons opinion and how they feel about a certain topic and discussion.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2007, 05:48:44 PM »

Also Al Gore talks about conservation and the dude went on Bus Tours, lives in a house 50 times too big for his needs............ Its just hard to take these multi millionaire's who waste more electricity than all of us combined seriously.

That's not entirely accurate, and has been pointed out to you before home skillet.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2007, 05:53:18 PM »

Kudos on the new thread title.  rofl

^
Like I've said

Sure Global Warming exists but I think its kind of ridiculous to hold a "Concert" for it.

All the power and gas people use to get to and from the concerts will do way more damage than the money raised.

I agree, and it's tough to get behind something because some ultra-wealthy celeb who doesn't know a damn thing about what it's like to live in the real world says so.  And, of course, they're certainly a self serving lot.  When was the last time a movie star proposed a cap on actor wages, so as to better pay the peons in the crew?   But I do my best to set aside my personal disgust for them, because if we held celeb hypocrisy to too high a standard, and simultaneously disregarded the causes for which they stand, a lot of great causes would be fucked. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2007, 06:50:34 PM »

A classic, C.E.P. Brooks published his seminal work "Climate Through the Ages" in the late 20s. It is a must read for anyone involved in the debate. A must read. I could probably do a dissertatiion on this subject, but I'll hold off ... for now.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2007, 01:41:00 AM »

I do like Al Gore though, Don't get me wrong, I'd vote for him in a second for President again if he would run but to me Global Warming is kind of like the space program.

Sure it's a worthy cause and necessary, Its just I can think of a lot more important things we should be using time and money on.

GeraldFord
« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2007, 01:56:44 AM »

Let's talk about Meg White's ass.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2007, 01:58:11 AM »

Let's talk about Meg White's ass.

With global warming, how long will it be that pasty?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: