Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:09:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Argue about what we should argue about
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Argue about what we should argue about  (Read 29504 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 06:55:55 AM »

Sadly there's alot more reasons to like America than this example alone. And if anyone living here can't see these reasons, than it's time for you to leave, for good.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 07:01:54 AM »

there's always good reasons to love USA, and a first, american people.

we just don't like your government and the way he mixes religion & politics, for example.

it's just scarry. but yes, american people are sometimes not just retarded
people who don't even know where are other countries on a map  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2007, 10:11:02 AM »

Sadly there's alot more reasons to like America than this example alone. And if anyone living here can't see these reasons, than it's time for you to leave, for good.

funny you say that, just as I was clicking on the link I was thinking to myself that the word "finally" was a bit dramatic.

I think you know my thoughts on this country by now though, so to think I don't love it or think extremely high of it is just silly.  simply refer to my posting of the "america, Fuck Yeah" lyrics for dozens of reasons to love america!!   ok  hihi

And to be honest, our gov't hasn't done a lot in the past few years to make others think too highly of our country.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Kady.52
Headliner

Me, You An' My Ball & Chain

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2007, 10:15:56 AM »

Apparentry you don't know the difference between the government spending taxes on the military and individuars giving their money of their own free wirr.? America takes a ROT of shit around here.? But this isn't about poritics, is it?? ?

Why didn't you change the 'l' in military?

Does it really matter if america is the most giving country in the world. All the money they donate goes to rebuilding countries that the military destroys.

Angels wear spandex.

Sarkozy makes me ashamed to be French
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2007, 10:44:44 AM »

Is that a reason to like America or to like those specific individuals who were generous? 
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 11:26:11 AM »

Is that a reason to like America or to like those specific individuals who were generous? 

I think foreigners often get the two confused.  Just b/c our president is a giant douche doesn't mean the rest of us are.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 11:26:55 AM »

Apparentry you don't know the difference between the government spending taxes on the military and individuars giving their money of their own free wirr.  America takes a ROT of shit around here.  But this isn't about poritics, is it?   

Does it really matter if america is the most giving country in the world. All the money they donate goes to rebuilding countries that the military destroys.

one of the dumber posts i've  read on here    Roll Eyes

Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 01:24:58 PM »

funny you say that, just as I was clicking on the link I was thinking to myself that the word "finally" was a bit dramatic.

you think ?  Roll Eyes

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 01:53:41 PM »

My great aunt was rescued by Patton's troops in a camp 'somewhere in Germany'. She always jokes they they were racing to get to her. (They were really trying to beat the Russians into Germany so they could have first dibs on those V2 rocket plans).

IM sorry but How the hell does that statement have anythign to do with this thread? other then a broad generalization as a reason that you like america, or an excuse to continue to attempt to make everything polish ...... though I am surprised you didnt say that it was shermans men command by a polish commander that raced to save your grandmother, while tring to capture a V2 and send it to birtian so that you would ahve soemthing to say hey look at me im polish and poland should rule the world cause we saved everyone in worl war 2...... fuck sakes

When you learn to read......... Roll Eyes

its the same fucking point dude.....

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 02:03:05 PM »

Love or leave it huh . That is the same McCarthyistic bullshit that was spouted in the 50s and 60s... fuck that shit . Love it or vote to change it .

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 02:06:35 PM »

All the money they donate goes to rebuilding countries that the military destroys.

Wow !!! ...  and I thought the creationist museum was a monument to ignorance .

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 02:10:11 PM »

Love or leave it huh . That is the same McCarthyistic bullshit that was spouted in the 50s and 60s... fuck that shit . Love it or vote to change it .

"you're either with us or against us"!  hihi

the topic name was really meant for NON-Americans, not those of us living here - I guess some of us need everything spelled out for them though.

Kady.52
Headliner

Me, You An' My Ball & Chain

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2007, 02:22:52 PM »

Apparentry you don't know the difference between the government spending taxes on the military and individuars giving their money of their own free wirr.? America takes a ROT of shit around here.? But this isn't about poritics, is it?? ?

one of the dumber posts i've? read on here? ? Roll Eyes

^ Ok, yeah good point. It wasn't very articulate of me and it was nothing but a cheap shot. ?Allow me to redeem myself.

So we see America is currently the most charitable country. That's definately something to proud of considering it says that 75% of that is individual people. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that). What I really meant was that the perception that a lot of foreigners have of America is based purely on their most famous exports - i.e. the Gulf wars and big corporations. But what this charity thing isn't is a big American guilt trip. Not everyone voted for Bush, but that doesn't mean that they all give money to charities just because they feel bad that the other half of their country elected an idiot.
America(as the country run by Bush) has a lot to answer for, but that doesn't make it an evil country. Causing a "Civil War" in Iraq, destabilising the region further, making the world a more dangerous place... These are all valid points that can be argued/defended until judgement day, but that doesn't mean that Americans should have to defend themselves to the world by encouraging people to think that their charitable record is some kind of reparation for, as some people would see it, fermenting and spreading the growth of international terror.

So to conclude, George Bush has created a lot of problems in the world. Fact. However I, for one, don't blame "America" for that. I could drag out all the old cliches about how my best friend is American, I love New York, it's the government, not the country etc, but I won't because that would just go in circles and I don't want to get drawn into a pro's/cons argument about the USA.
I apologise for my previous post and I have no excuses for it.

My final point is that America would probably still be the most charitable country in the world, Bush or no Bush. America is a large donator of foreign aid, and co-ordinates many humanitarian mission whether they be under the auspices of the UN or not. Whatever the US military budget might or might not be and whatever grief America might have caused... We should learn that the new President will hopefully go a long way to correcting many of those mistakes and continuing America's tradition of preserving freedom in its many forms throughout the world.

Smiley

Angels wear spandex.

Sarkozy makes me ashamed to be French
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2007, 02:23:06 PM »

Many reasons to like Americans, not so many to like America.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2007, 02:27:33 PM »

We should learn that the new President will hopefully go a long way to correcting many of those mistakes and continuing America's tradition of preserving freedom in its many forms throughout the world.

Smiley

That's the real danger right there, believing that.

America isn't run by the President, hasn't been for decades. It's the corporations that hold the strings, in America and the rest of the world.

There will be military actions against Iran, either by Bush or the next puppet. It's already decided.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2007, 02:36:58 PM »

America isn't run by the President, hasn't been for decades. It's the corporations that hold the strings

That is a valid argument , however , I'm wondering if it is just hyperbole on your part .

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2007, 03:05:42 PM »

Apparentry you don't know the difference between the government spending taxes on the military and individuars giving their money of their own free wirr.  America takes a ROT of shit around here.  But this isn't about poritics, is it?   

one of the dumber posts i've  read on here    Roll Eyes

^ Ok, yeah good point. It wasn't very articulate of me and it was nothing but a cheap shot.  Allow me to redeem myself.

So we see America is currently the most charitable country. That's definately something to proud of considering it says that 75% of that is individual people. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that). What I really meant was that the perception that a lot of foreigners have of America is based purely on their most famous exports - i.e. the Gulf wars and big corporations. But what this charity thing isn't is a big American guilt trip. Not everyone voted for Bush, but that doesn't mean that they all give money to charities just because they feel bad that the other half of their country elected an idiot.
America(as the country run by Bush) has a lot to answer for, but that doesn't make it an evil country. Causing a "Civil War" in Iraq, destabilising the region further, making the world a more dangerous place... These are all valid points that can be argued/defended until judgement day, but that doesn't mean that Americans should have to defend themselves to the world by encouraging people to think that their charitable record is some kind of reparation for, as some people would see it, fermenting and spreading the growth of international terror.

So to conclude, George Bush has created a lot of problems in the world. Fact. However I, for one, don't blame "America" for that. I could drag out all the old cliches about how my best friend is American, I love New York, it's the government, not the country etc, but I won't because that would just go in circles and I don't want to get drawn into a pro's/cons argument about the USA.
I apologise for my previous post and I have no excuses for it.

My final point is that America would probably still be the most charitable country in the world, Bush or no Bush. America is a large donator of foreign aid, and co-ordinates many humanitarian mission whether they be under the auspices of the UN or not. Whatever the US military budget might or might not be and whatever grief America might have caused... We should learn that the new President will hopefully go a long way to correcting many of those mistakes and continuing America's tradition of preserving freedom in its many forms throughout the world.

Smiley

great post  ok  I think many foreigners lose sight of a lot of the points you made.  That was the whole point of this thread.  peace

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2007, 03:43:56 PM »

America isn't run by the President, hasn't been for decades. It's the corporations that hold the strings

That is a valid argument , however , I'm wondering if it is just hyperbole on your part .

I wish it were. On this subject however I'm far from exaggerating.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2007, 07:08:13 PM »

Did I say that? No. Your putting words in my mouth.

I find it insane that some Americans believe they're living in such a horrible country. When as a matter of fact they can have a much better life in the U.S. then any other country.

Butters, I had hoped you didn't have that strong of a feeling about this country by what you titled your thread as. Thank you for clarifying yourself.  Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2007, 08:29:57 PM »

Did I say that? No. Your putting words in my mouth.

Well lets see , the quote in question is :
And if anyone living here can't see these reasons, than it's time for you to leave, for good.

So yeah , I'm thinking that is exactly what you said . I sort of take that as psuedo- facsist bullshit.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 08:31:58 PM by fuckin crazy » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: