Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:47:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash "Looking Forward" to Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash "Looking Forward" to Chinese Democracy  (Read 31006 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 08:43:55 AM »

Nice to hear he's not holding a grudge with Axl for continuing and even moreso that he actually wants to hear the new album.

He's wanted to hear it since the end of 2005 hihi
I listened to an interview then and he was looking forward to hear it; this is the interview where he "heard" it was due out in 3/2006 but we all know how that turned out Lips Sealed
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 10:08:03 AM »

after hearing VRs latest effort, Im salivating over CD even more too...yikesssssssssss

I could honestly wait another 3 years.  I may honestly wait another 3 years.   Tongue
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2007, 11:48:32 AM »

I think that they may not like each other personally, but they respect each other's creative abilities.  No matter what else Axl has said about Slash personally, he has never, ever disrespected his playing ability.  Never.  The converse is true with Slash's feelings regarding Axl's abilities.

Ali
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2007, 01:47:22 PM »

No matter what else Axl has said about Slash personally, he has never, ever disrespected his playing ability.? Never.? The converse is true with Slash's feelings regarding Axl's abilities.

Example?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2007, 01:59:06 PM »

hahahahahahaha

lay off the booze you fucking wash-up

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2007, 04:56:38 PM »

Interesting timing by Slash. I wonder why would he talk about this just when he's about to release an album... Roll Eyes

Wonder if Slash will put on Chinese Demoracy, Maybe load them into Pro Tools, Delete the guitar solos and do his own!

WOWWWWWWWWWWW drool drool drool drool drool drool drool
WOW! I couldn't wait to listen to uninspired solos with all the same again. Cheesy

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2007, 05:07:58 PM »

Interesting timing by Slash. I wonder why would he talk about this just when he's about to release an album... Roll Eyes

When he was suing Axl your likes attacked him for doing the legal actions for promotion and to sell more records. Now when he's saying nice things about Axl for the zillionth time in the past years, you're repeating the same bullshit. Like any Axlite would buy Libertad.  confused They download it, you know, since they don't give money to the 'bad boys'.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2007, 05:23:24 PM »

Wow, if I say something bad about Slash, that makes me "Axlite". And I barely post here... Funny.

The thing is: he said he wouldn't talk about GNR anymore. Well, he did just in time.

He don't usually say anything really bad about Axl, that's not the point. The thing is that he has a new album coming out next week and when you read the article, you see how he could make headlines talking about this subject, but EVERY site will reproduce his quote by saying also that Libertad is coming out soon.

Can't you deal with criticism without being so defensive?

Ali
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2007, 05:28:17 PM »

No matter what else Axl has said about Slash personally, he has never, ever disrespected his playing ability.? Never.? The converse is true with Slash's feelings regarding Axl's abilities.

Example?

Axl from 2002: "Had Slash stepped up and written what we captured glimpses of, it would have created an environment that was beyond Slash?s ability to control. He did not want to do that or put himself through the rigors of taking the band to that level even if he was capable of writing it. Was he capable of doing it? Absolutely 100%. I think that some of the riffs that were coming out of him were the meanest, most contemporary, bluesiest, rocking thing since Aerosmith?s Rocks. The 2000 version of Aerosmith Rocks or the 1996 Aerosmith Rocks by the time we would have put it out. "

Axl from late 1999: "I wanted the world to love and respect him. "

Axl from January 2006: "I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was."

Satisfied?

Ali
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2007, 05:35:26 PM »

Wonder if Slash will put on Chinese Demoracy, Maybe load them into Pro Tools, Delete the guitar solos and do his own!

WOWWWWWWWWWWW drool drool drool drool drool drool drool

Hell, leave the solo's, let's see what the others come up with.

Now if he could just delete the keys and synth..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2007, 05:52:48 PM »

Have you made it through Libertad yet?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2007, 06:01:37 PM »

Have you made it through Libertad yet?

Very close, quite a departure from Contraband.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2007, 10:18:29 AM »

Wow, if I say something bad about Slash, that makes me "Axlite". And I barely post here... Funny.

The thing is: he said he wouldn't talk about GNR anymore. Well, he did just in time.

He don't usually say anything really bad about Axl, that's not the point. The thing is that he has a new album coming out next week and when you read the article, you see how he could make headlines talking about this subject, but EVERY site will reproduce his quote by saying also that Libertad is coming out soon.

I don't see why the world would be waiting for CD so badly that Slash needs to mention it to get media and consumer attention. Sometimes he answers the GN'R-related questions sometimes he doesn't. Depends on his mood. You know, he's a human being. I don't see the huge 'how to sell more VR records' conspiracy here.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2007, 10:38:40 AM »

Example?

Axl from 2002: "Had Slash stepped up and written what we captured glimpses of, it would have created an environment that was beyond Slash?s ability to control. He did not want to do that or put himself through the rigors of taking the band to that level even if he was capable of writing it. Was he capable of doing it? Absolutely 100%. I think that some of the riffs that were coming out of him were the meanest, most contemporary, bluesiest, rocking thing since Aerosmith?s Rocks. The 2000 version of Aerosmith Rocks or the 1996 Aerosmith Rocks by the time we would have put it out. "

Axl from January 2006: "I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was."

Satisfied?

Ali

Satisfied? Not really, I was looking for an example of Slash trashing Axl's abilities.  I knew that Axl had always praised Slash's talents but maybe not his work ethic.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2007, 11:30:39 AM »

No matter what else Axl has said about Slash personally, he has never, ever disrespected his playing ability.  Never.  The converse is true with Slash's feelings regarding Axl's abilities.

Example?

Satisfied?

Ali

Satisfied? Not really, I was looking for an example of Slash trashing Axl's abilities.  I knew that Axl had always praised Slash's talents but maybe not his work ethic.

Well, I haven't seen any of those situations.  Like I said, they may not like each other, but they have tremendous respect for each other's abilities.

Ali
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2007, 02:24:16 PM »

Nice to hear he's not holding a grudge with Axl for continuing and even moreso that he actually wants to hear the new album.

My ass that he doesn't know the new songs. I bet he downloaded them just like all of us.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2007, 02:25:37 PM »

Example?

Satisfied?

Ali

Satisfied? Not really, I was looking for an example of Slash trashing Axl's abilities.? I knew that Axl had always praised Slash's talents but maybe not his work ethic.

Well, I haven't seen any of those situations.? Like I said, they may not like each other, but they have tremendous respect for each other's abilities.

Ali

BTW, where did you find Axl's quote from 2006?  Just curious.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2007, 03:43:29 PM »

I don't see why the world would be waiting for CD so badly that Slash needs to mention it to get media and consumer attention. Sometimes he answers the GN'R-related questions sometimes he doesn't. Depends on his mood. You know, he's a human being. I don't see the huge 'how to sell more VR records' conspiracy here.
The note is out there and many webpages are reproducing it (in other languages too). All of them mentioned Libertad. Do the math.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2007, 03:45:54 PM »

its surprising he is looking forward to it since everything we've heard thats gonna be on Chinese Democracy blows VR's mediocre material out of the water.   
Ali
Legend

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2007, 03:46:17 PM »

Example?

Satisfied?

Ali

Satisfied? Not really, I was looking for an example of Slash trashing Axl's abilities.? I knew that Axl had always praised Slash's talents but maybe not his work ethic.

Well, I haven't seen any of those situations.? Like I said, they may not like each other, but they have tremendous respect for each other's abilities.

Ali

BTW, where did you find Axl's quote from 2006?? Just curious.

It was from the Korn party in January he went to.

Ali
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: