Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 04:10:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Crashd?et
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crashd?et  (Read 35426 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #140 on: July 04, 2007, 07:25:29 AM »

http://www.crashdiet.org/homepage.php?page=peace07

new photos from peace n love

oh and a snazzy live video from it, great sound considering its bootleg

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8yzdP7mQ8IY

i think the new singer does it pretty well, they are just missing the great rythym riffs of dave...

html sucks
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #141 on: July 04, 2007, 01:45:04 PM »

It would be nice with a rythm guitar player, yes. At least live. Maybe Sweet can do both lead and rythm in the studio (or he already does?).

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #142 on: July 04, 2007, 02:00:16 PM »

It would be nice with a rythm guitar player, yes. At least live. Maybe Sweet can do both lead and rythm in the studio (or he already does?).

he does studio, but live im talkin

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2007, 04:03:42 PM »

bloody great interview with the drummer, recent on the status of the new album, releases, tours etc.

http://www.bringbackglam.com/journal/2007/6/27/back-on-trakk.html

Bring Back Glam!: Let?s talk about your new album. How is it coming along?

Eric Young: It?s coming along great actually. Next week we?ll work to complete five new songs, for a total of eight songs completed, with vocals, arranging and everything. Then, we need a couple more tracks. So, in pretty much one month, it should be done.

BBG: So, the new album will have ten tracks total?

Eric: Exactly.

BBG: Do you have a tentative title for the new album?

Eric: We haven?t really nailed down a titled yet. We have a lot of ideas, none of which are decided on.

BBG: Can you tell me about the ideas?

Eric: Well?I don?t really have them on my right now. We have about 50 different options. It depends on the outcome of everything. You know, surrounding the album. The photo shoots and everything. The title needs to be something that really sums it up in a good way: striving how we are now, restoring ourselves and ramping ourselves for the future.

BBG: When do you expect the album to be released?

Eric: For Sweden actually, it?s planned for September. In Europe, the beginning of next year?something like that.

BBG: What about America?

Eric: I?m not sure for the date over there?I?m positive it will be released there as well, but I just don?t know the date.

BBG: Mick Mars of M?tley Cr?e recently traveled to Sweden to help you write some songs. What was that like?

Eric: Well, it was quite amazing (laughs) if you want one word. I don?t know. I wasn?t actually the guy recording with him. But, Martin (Sweet), our guitarist and songwriter told me a lot about it. He was so excited, meeting a guy that?s his idol. Pretty unreal situation. In some ways, it kind of levels out after a while, I mean, they spent the whole day together. At the end of the day, it was like they knew each other quite well. I mean he (Mick Mars) is a person just like you and me. They went along really great. He (Mick) started riffing the second he put his stuff down. He went in the room, sat down, got his guitar out and started riffing. It was?he?s just a riff machine that guy. So, we built two or three songs around his riffs. Hopefully, we?ll use some of that material on the upcoming album.

BBG: Does this mean Mick will have a writing credit?

Eric: Well, I don?t know how that will fall into place. I?m guessing he?ll be credited as a co-writer in some way on the album. Just the idea of having Mick Mars helping us out and doing these collaborations is really cool!

BBG: So, who came up with the idea to bring Mick into the recording process?

Eric: Well, that was actually from our record company. I think Mick heard about us in some way. We met up with him ? well, not ?we? actually ? but our record company and his management met when M?tley Cr?e were here. Mick said he would come back to do a writing session. It felt like the most obvious thing for Sweden?s most up and coming glam rock band. So, I think that was really how it came about.

BBG: When do you plan on posting some of your new music on your Myspace page?

Eric: Well, it seems we will be holding onto that?until we get all the mixes ready to go. Not sure about the process of that. We?re going to release a single later in August. I would say, maybe in August or something like that.

BBG: Are you planning an international tour after the album is released?

Eric: Yeah, probably. I mean, that would go hand in hand with the release of the album. Like I said, we?re releasing the album in the beginning of 2008 in Europe, so by then, we will probably do a European tour to support the release. In Sweden, we?ll do a tour around the September release and we?ll probably do the same for the American release, whenever that will happen I?m not sure. But it will happen!

BBG: There are a lot of American fans that would love to see you play live.

Eric: I?m sure. That would be awesome to get to the states to play, actually. We have a lot of contacts with different people. They say we should come play and it has never been possible. This time it?s going to be possible, for sure.

BBG: It?s kind of amazing to think that the band who recorded an album as strong as Rest in Sleaze has never performed in America.

Eric: I know. Well, we were on our way in some ways, and then the whole thing happened (the death of former lead singer Dave Lepard). That really stopped everything form developing.

BBG: What were those first live performances without Dave Lepard like?

Eric: It was sort of natural in some ways. We had already rehearsed with the guy (H. Olliver Twisted, new lead singer). We first met him in November. We would hang with him a lot. It wasn?t a strange thing at all for us to perform with him. We noticed by the reaction of Dave?s family and the fans that they we?re like ?It?s so strange to see you guys on stage with a new singer.? I never really thought of that. It was so natural, you know? We had so much fun, and it was really a blessed evening even though it was a tribute for Dave (Rest in Sleaze Festival). The whole idea of the night wasn?t to mourn his death or something like that. It was to celebrate his memory. It wasn?t a bad evening at all. We had a lot of fun.

BBG: What?s the typical scene backstage at a Crashd?et show?

Eric: Lots of ladies and stuff like that. We?re quite professional in some ways. It sounds quite boring, but we?ve grown up since the last time we were out on the road in 2005. We?re more keen on doing a great job this time. We choose when to party and when to not party, you know? I think it?s average, like all rock bands. There?s a place and time for everything.

BBG: Where did the band get its name?

Eric: Laughs. The thing is ? Dave ? when he started the band back in 2000 or 2001 with the first line-up? he was trying to find a name. I remember he told me he was having difficulty finding a name to suit the band. I think the former drummer actually told me that Dave had called him in the middle of the night ? like 4 a.m. or something -- and he (Dave) was really, really, really drunk and said ?I think I have a name for the band: Crashd?et.? And then he hung up. The next day, the band members met to continue drinking or rehearsing, and they said they?d thought about the name Crashd?et: ?Sounds pretty good!? Dave was like ?Crashd?et?? He didn?t remember it at all! Actually, he never could tell us where he got the idea from. I think there?s some disease that old sailors used to have, when they ran out of food on the seven oceans or whatever you call it. Anyway, I think that?s called Crashd?et when you run out of food and you die of starvation. Dave used to tell me stories about that. I guess that?s where he got the name. I?m not sure, though. No one is.

BBG: Finally, why do you think Sweden is such a hotbed for glam music?

Eric: I don?t know. I think?the new scene with all these different bands. You know the new bands - the emo rock bands - isn?t something that?s so big over here in Sweden. In a way, the old bands - the 80s bands - didn?t become a real big thing over here before the emo scene reached Sweden. I think the whole glam thing got really big around here amongst the youth before they got a chance to hear the stuff from America and the U.K. I?m not sure; maybe the kids didn?t have anything better to do. The young guys and girls started doing their hair and rebellion against their parents and being glam rockers ? which they do best! They have really developed an anti-emo thing. Of course, you have the emo scene here as well, but it?s a bigger thing to be in a glam rock band here.

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2007, 04:12:55 PM »

yeah i'm sure dave (as the big GNR fan he was) didn't remember that crashdiet was a gnr song (remember isn't really the word i wanna use but i don't remember the proper word hihi)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #145 on: August 07, 2007, 04:43:16 PM »

yeah i'm sure dave (as the big GNR fan he was) didn't remember that crashdiet was a gnr song (remember isn't really the word i wanna use but i don't remember the proper word hihi)

maybe since it wasnt released he didnt really think much into it, plus he used that foreign letter on it. you swedes lol.

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #146 on: August 07, 2007, 04:46:30 PM »

maybe since it wasnt released he didnt really think much into it, plus he used that foreign letter on it. you swedes lol.

yah, but that letter aint a letter in swedish, it's only for "image" like m?tley cr?e and mot?rhead Tongue
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #147 on: August 07, 2007, 04:59:27 PM »

yah, but that letter aint a letter in swedish, it's only for "image" like m?tley cr?e and mot?rhead Tongue

yeah well...motley crue n motorhead rock..so that can only be good

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #148 on: August 14, 2007, 07:40:42 AM »

quote from website

HEY BOYZ & GIRLZ...

Here's a huge news flash for ya!

We have finally completed the recording of our next album, entitled "THE
UNATTRACTIVE REVOLUTION". It's currently being mixed in the states
by Kevin Churko, and will be released in Scandinavia on October the 3rd,
and in the rest of Europe, Japan and America later in the year.

The first single, entitled "IN THE RAW" will be out on August the 31st (in
Sweden).
The video will be shot by Mikeadelica during this weekend.

Chekk out the video on our final Studio Blog - www.crashdiet.org/blog

We're now proud to announce the first dates of our 2007/2008 world tour:

28.09 Copenhagen, The Rock (Denmark)
18.10 Stockholm, Klubben
19.10 G?teborg, Sticky Fingers
20.10 Karlstad, N?jesfabriken
25.10 Link?ping, Atmosf?r
26.10 Kalmar, Palace
27.10 V?ster?s, Sigurdsgatan 25
10.11 Malm?, KB

More dates will be announced soon!

Over and out

//CRASHD?ET

how awesome is that! soon ill be able to see them live at last

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #149 on: August 31, 2007, 12:28:04 PM »

the new single "in the raw" is awesome!! 

the riffs are brilliant, its very heavy, it sounds modern, but is good modern, they have built on the sound very well and blended it with the now much better, everyone should check this song out...im sure if you dont buy it y ou can find it on the net somewhere.

html sucks
justincrowe
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2007, 12:52:24 PM »

i heard the new song today... it's a good solid rock song for sure, but not an instant hit imo... it does grow on you though.

i did notice that the production is top notch, and i was pleased to hear that Olli's learned to pronounce english way better than he used to when he was with Reckless Love.

anyway, Crashdiet is the shit! first record was killer, i'm sure the new one will be even better. i'll be picking it up day of release.  ok

« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 12:54:22 PM by JustinCrowe » Logged

08.14.91 - Icehall, Helsinki, Finland
07.06.06 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #151 on: September 03, 2007, 07:51:52 AM »

the new crashdiet song is up on there myspace!

www.myspace.com/realcrashdiet

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #152 on: September 15, 2007, 07:40:59 AM »

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y9UFlkwH30

the new video! it rocks, and has a cool tribute to dave

html sucks
justincrowe
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2007, 03:47:13 AM »

first TUR review i've come across, from Bring Back Glam! :

The Unattractive Revolution

Crashdiet will release their next album The Unattractive Revolution next month on Universal/Stockholm Records.

I have the CD and it is killer.

Only Bring Back Glam! can bring you the track listing, so here it is:

01) In the Raw
02) Like a Sin
03) Falling Rain
04) I Don?t Care (featuring Mick Mars of Motley Crue)
05) Die Another Day
06) Alone (featuring Mick Mars of Motley Crue)
07) Thrill Me
08) Overnight
09) XTC Overdrive
10) Bound to be Enslaved
11) The Buried Song

As many know Crashdiet suffered a major blow after original singer Dave Lepard committed suicide in early 2006. The remaining members opted to disband, but later rejoined forces and invited Finnish vocalist H. Olliver Twisted into the fold.

Twisted has a unique voice and brings a completely different sound to the sleaze genius that is Crashdiet. There?s something about this Swedish band that puts them so far ahead of their contemporaries: the songwriting is better, the musicianship is better, the entire package is just better.

Immediate standout tracks are ?Falling Rain? and ?Alone.? Both songs use interesting tempo changes providing a nice juxtaposition for the thematic quality of each track. Of course, absolutely blazing guitar solos don?t hurt either.

Mick Mars of Motley Crue lent his guitar prowess to the band, and his playing is top notch on both ?I Don?t Care? and ?Alone.? If Crashdiet are working to make exquisite glam guitar solos their calling card, then asking Mr. Mars to hop a plane to Sweden was a wise move.

Twisted proves he can harmonize with the rest of the band on ?Overnight.? A deep bass line is present here, adding an extra layer of depth to an already gritty song. ?Overnight? is a song with a big chorus, but very jarring lyrics. Crashdiet are smart songwriters and understand the importance of wordplay when creating top notch lyrics. Also, the song features an excellent guitar solo by Martin Sweet. He is so good he deserves a spot on the cover of Guitar World. It?s time to invite the lovely Swedes to the U.S. -- I know I would embrace them with open arms.

Finally, I also have a proof of the liner notes. The book is beautifully dark, a perfect match for the music. Crashdiet?s debut Rest in Sleaze is one of the best glam releases ever recorded. For The Unattractive Revolution the band clearly decided to move in a more Metal direction, and it works: the songs are sonically amazing, but downright dirty. Don?t except to hear as many pop-oriented hooks as on Rest in Sleaze; Twisted has a different voice than Lepard and edgier tunes work best with Crashdiet 2.0.

Crashdiet are offering a pre-sale promotion for The Unattractive Revolution. If you order through www.crashdiet.org the band will sign your disc.

Here?s the video for ?In the Raw,? the first single from The Unattractive Revolution.

08.14.91 - Icehall, Helsinki, Finland
07.06.06 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #154 on: September 22, 2007, 06:11:40 AM »

read it a few days ago, sounds awesome.

after blabbermouth bullshit rumours about the singe leaving.

they have just announced a europian tour, mised out england though.

ITS WITH HARDCORE SUPERSTAR !

so go to the website to check out the dates.

www.crashdiet,org

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #155 on: October 03, 2007, 09:40:10 AM »

well the new album, dissappointed me.

it wasnt what i was expecting...its lost most 80s influence...

i think more people on this forum will like it though since its more modern sounding and just, different :S

the albums ok, but its nowhere near as strong as rest in sleaze.

Changed my mind im quite liking this now
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 05:44:23 AM by mrlee » Logged

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #156 on: October 14, 2007, 04:47:28 PM »

http://crashdiet.jetshop.se/

shiny merchandise website they have now.

already got myself 2 t-shirts and a poster

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #157 on: November 08, 2007, 11:39:53 AM »

http://rockeyez.com/interviews/int-martinsweet-crashdiet.html

Interviewed by Brian Rademacher/Joe Morris
Date: November 2007
www.crashdiet.org
www.myspace.com/realcrashdiet

Brian Rademacher: Hey Martin and welcome to Rockeyez.com.

First congratulations on the new release, it?s amazing.

How has it been working with Ollie? He is from Finland and Peter, Eric and you are from Sweden. Has this caused any problems when you have to practice, write and record together? How do you work everything out?
Martin Sweet: We?ve found a good way to work together even though he doesn?t live in Sweden. We actually become more professional when he comes over, because then we have a full week of hard work in the studio and at the same time we can do a lot of promotion. It?s more fun when you have the whole week booked than spreading every thing out then we become bored with all the time off and we start to get wasted * laughs*

Brian Rademacher: When can we expect to finally seeing CRASHD?ET play here in the United States?
Martin Sweet: Sometime next year, I can?t really tell you more at this point. We?re touring pretty much for the next year to come.

Brian Rademacher: Have any bands approached CRASHD?ET to be a supporting act for a US tour?
Martin Sweet: >: Sure, there are some bands, but it really has to be the right band, for us to pull it off since the record company and CRASHD?ET have to pay for the opening slot. It?s fucked up but it?s the truth. So we can?t just jump into any open slot just like that.

CrashDiet

Brian Rademacher: Will there be any bonus tracks released that were recorded during the ?Unattractive Revolution? sessions that didn't make it onto the album??
Martin Sweet: Yes, there is one song that was recorded during the T.U.R sessions that didn?t make it on the European release and we?re planning on using it for sure!

Brian Rademacher: Does it amaze you that CRASHD?ET is really not a household name in the States, yet you can get a guy like Mick Mars to work with you on the new album?
Martin Sweet: Yes, it?s really weird, but cool as hell! I mean if M?TLEY CR?E announces the collaboration on their website it must be some kind of interest in us.

Brian Rademacher: Was there anyone else that wanted to work with you for the new album?
Martin Sweet: Yes, Chris Laney wanted to produce it but we kinda wanted to try someone new. Although Chris is a close and very dear friend he?s the best. This is only our second album so far, if you know what I mean.

Brian Rademacher: How did you like working with Mick Mars from M?TLEY CR?E and did you write and record any more songs with him other than the two that made it onto the ?Unattractive Revolution?? I heard you had originally written three songs together.
Martin Sweet: It was a dream come true, and it?s still kinda unreal when I think about it. But he was really cool with me and we got along fine. He?s got his aggressive riff style that I love and is a great influence on me. And yes there was a third song that is kinda unfinished which I don?t know what to do with right now.

Brian Rademacher: How has the overall sound of the band changed with you now being the only guitar player?
Martin Sweet: It has some how become heavier and I don?t really know why *laughs* I think it has to do with the guitar tuning down a step. We did that on ?Rest in Sleaze? too but not on every song. So this makes the album more solid and heavy. Since it?s a one man guitar album the riffs are stripped down as I?ve always liked it. You know like ?Riot? and ?Breakin?, simple, basic and raw.

Brian Rademacher: When you were working on demos for the ?Unattractive Revolution? album did Chris Laney help out at all?
Martin Sweet: We actually recorded some of the early demos is his studio, before we became CRASHD?ET again. This was when we were still in shock and very confused after Dave?s death and Chris invited us to his studio to kinda cheer us up a bit and we are forever thankful for that! I love that man!

Brian Rademacher: Why did you decide to go with another producer?
Martin Sweet: We wanted to try something new with a new producer with a complete different background. We wanted to put a modern touch to the sleaze, you know and not so retro sounding. So we found this guy called Patrik Frisk who mostly did Swedish pop *laughs*. But we clicked right away and we had a blast doing the album with him. And then we had Kevin Churko (Ozzy, Britney, Celine Dion etc) who mixed the album and gave the final touch to it.

Brian Rademacher: Would you ever consider adding a second guitarist???
Martin Sweet: Nope, we wanna be a four-piece.

Brian Rademacher: Can you please explain why two weeks before the album was released and the fall 2007 tour already booked that there was a post on Blabbermouth that Ollie had notified the band that he no longer wanted to be the new singer and had left CRASHD?ET ? Was this just a false rumor or was there some truth and the rest of the band and Universal Records had to talk him into staying?
Martin Sweet: Well, there is some amount of truth in it. But it?s like a relationship with a girlfriend. Sometimes things move forward too fast and you panic and try to pull the brakes. Sometimes it takes a break-up to make the relationship better! But the strange part is how it leaked out. I mean we solved the issues (which were basically only partial issues) pretty much the day after, but by then, it had somehow already leaked. But it?s nice to see that people care and that is a good feeling.

Brian Rademacher: You have written over 30 new songs in the past year and a half. There were a few songs like ?Screaming It Out? and ?Our Moment? that didn't make it onto the new album. Do you have any plans to record and release them in the future??
CrashDiet Martin Sweet: I?ve written over 40 songs and I?m sure some of them will be useful in the future. We?re done some collaboration with a Swedish band called GEMINI FIVE with whom I shared some of the old demos.

Brian Rademacher: What is going to happen with all the demo songs that were recorded with Dave Lepard that never made it onto ?RIS?? Will there be a tribute album released one day with these songs included?
Martin Sweet: Yes that is the plan, but right now we?re focusing on making CRASHD?ET a household name. And when we?re big enough we will definitely release a tribute. That way, more people will discover the genius that Mr. Lepard was.

Brian Rademacher: From the last album until now what were you doing besides writing material, you had to have some kind of income coming in?
Martin Sweet: We all had to work extra hours to be able to stay alive. But you know, the more songs you write, the less you have to work at an ordinary job.

Brian Rademacher: I?m looking at the new CD and looking at the pictures of Eric, is he really a zombie?
Martin Sweet: Yes, he died but he is still in the band *laughs*

Brian Rademacher: I do love the concept of the pictures that CRASHD?ET is pumping with life once again. Who came up with that?
Martin Sweet: It started out as a joke. We had this silly idea of what the future would look like when we rehearsed. And we came up with a kind of ?Cyber-sleaze? concept of just plugging your arm into a computer with an USB wire so that we can just sit in our own corner and drool for a few weeks until we?re ready for the tour. But who knows, that might be the truth in 2020 *laughs*

Brian Rademacher: Martin, I would like to thank you for personally thanking myself and our staff at RockEyez on ?Unattractive Revolution? and if you do come to the States expect our full staff up in front cheering you on. Would you like to say anything in ending?
Martin Sweet: Thanx man and thank you! We WILL hit the states this time, I guarantee that!

Cheerz //SWEET

--------------

Cool interview there, finally something in english

html sucks
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #158 on: November 08, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »

I'm confused(i'm new to this band), i thought the singer in this video was that dave person.They look the same unless i've been watching  videos with just the new singer.

By the way, song rocks!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #159 on: November 08, 2007, 01:35:51 PM »

I'm confused(i'm new to this band), i thought the singer in this video was that dave person.They look the same unless i've been watching  videos with just the new singer.

By the way, song rocks!

www.davelepard.com

dave died january 2006.

He sang, played joint lead guitar shared with martin and wrote most the songs.

in 2007 crashdiet decided to continue and got olliver twisted to sing, he only sings and doesnt play guitar so now they only have one guitarist, changing the sound, also without daves influence the sound is different and song writing different.
You  can tell the new singer isnt dave, because his hair isnt massive like daves, plus there image is darker now.

Dave Lepard

Olliver Twisted

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: